Discontinued Thermovape Cera

buchee

buchee, greast vid thanks for posting it. hope you keep more comin cuz you are probably the first person to video review [as a consumer].

once that other switch comes it should be better, but right now can you really use it with just with hand?? like an e-cig or other vapes on this forum..

i like the vapor you were getting also, heat up time seemed pretty quick. what hit did the flavor go away for you?

Thanks Sonics420. I found the flavour started to give off a popcorn-like taste at around the 7th hit but i was trying to see how much i could get off one bowl. When i looked at it when it was done it was uniformly dark brown.

Medical Mark- The body gets warm but it never got 'hot' so that i couldnt hold it. Most of the heat was where the core is screwed in. The actual tip of the mouthpiece never got too hot for me at the end of my bowl.
As for charge times, 2 out of the 3 batteries were fully charged, the other one was fully charged in half hour. I have not gone so far as to drain a battery completely yet. I'm changing batteries in between bowls and topping them off on the charger. I get a little OCD with new toys.

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Thanks Sonics420. I found the flavour started to give off a popcorn-like taste at around the 7th hit but i was trying to see how much i could get off one bowl. When i looked at it when it was done it was uniformly dark brown.

Edit- Is it ok to post back to back when anwsering ppls questions with their quotes in reply or should I put it all in one post so as not to do back to back. BTW, I hope you will all be as satisfied as I am when your Cera arrives.

You can hit reply to one post, cut it, and then hit reply to the other post you wanna quote. Then just paste the 1st quote in there andyou can reply to both posts without having to do back to back posts. Its easier then it sounds from my description, dunno if theres a better way but at least thats what i do..l

nickzzzx

Buchee, thank you, what a great video! It really shows the effectiveness of the Cera when you start coughing your brains out with a red face and watering eyes. Folks, if this doesn't show you what to expect, then you need to watch again and take some notes. Also, I noticed that when you tried a harder/faster pull, it gave off a bigger hit. So it seems that stronger pull=bigger hit and ligher pull=smaller hit.

vorrange

Vapor.wise

Edit- Is it ok to post back to back when anwsering ppls questions with their quotes in reply or should I put it all in one post so as not to do back to back. BTW, I hope you will all be as satisfied as I am when your Cera arrives.

Thanks for that buchee, great video and it seems the LL works after all. :D

vorrange,

JCat

Accessory Maker
Thanks a lot buchee! Much appreciated ... now I'm even more anxious though :lol:

JCat,

ColoVaper

Science...Whoo!
Hey Buchee, I noticed your spring on your switch it kinda bent up, did this happen after you received it? You think that is something we will have to watch out not to bend too bad. Your making me want to get the LL too instead of just the EO with this video. Thanks for sharing man!

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
All hail buchee! :bowdown: I was very concerned about some early reports of the LL core's performance, but your video really calmed my worries. Thank you SO much. One question. Does that switch at the bottom need to be pushed in the whole time, or just when warming it up, etc? Two handed operation on the go would be a bit awkward.

Crohnie,

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
I was very surprised that i got vapor the first time, considering what I've been reading about the learning curve. I've since packed it a bit tighter and am using stronger inhales and getting alot more vapor. I think this will suit my needs perfectly. Thank-you TET!!!

...and for warm up i just set Cera on an object and push down...very little force required. I've also used it one-handed with my ring finger on the latch. If my hands weren't so sweaty I could probably hold onto it.
We all loved your video!! But i cant get it to open now... :(

Glad you like it tho!

Tim

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
You rock buchee. That was one great and informative video. Those were some long hits. Based on your last hit try to do fast and short maybe you won't cough up a lung and some of us want to know the answer to short hits anyhow. Kills two birds with one stone.

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
Well I should've waited to make this video until after my child-like excitement and mentality simmered down. Can't remember a time I was this excited and at a loss for words. You'll appreciate Noah's videos a whole lot more after you see this one. This was more for myself.
What I noticed most of all for me was the efficiency of Cera. Such a small amount used compared to what I would normally intake, and it got me medicated all the same. Mind you I'm probably considered a lightweight compared to others on this site.
Maybe I'll make another video soon and actually write down what i should say and do.
If this video works then enjoy.
Loved the video! Don't worry about that excitement bleeding through, it makes it all the more fun to watch and live vicariously. :tup:

nopartofme,

GoGlass

Buchee thanks for your video. Haver you tried the Arizer Solo, or the Pax or other vapes?
How did the cera compare?
And why you cough so much ? Do you cough the same if you vape the same weed with another vape ? And are you used to vape ?

Thanks again !

GoGlass,
Reactions: LeTchen

fogbank

Thanks for the reviews of the LL core, new Cera owners. Since I'd only be interested in the LL core, this information is invaluable. Unfortunately, I'm not encouraged by the early reports. The whole idea of a portable is that it is small, discreet, and EASY AND QUICK to use on the go.

While the Cera is definitely small and discreet, the LL core seems to take too much time and effort to catch a quick hit or two on the go. Can you imagine walking down the street, taking a bike ride, being at the beach, looking into the core, huffing and puffing for several minutes to get a good hit? I realize not everyone uses a portable this way, but that's my only reason for having one.

I'm so glad the other carts seem to be working well and I'm sure there will be many happy new Cera owners. I'll wait until other LL core reviews to come in to make my final decision, but this is sounding less and less like the portable for me. :(

These are my sentiments exactly.

I own several T1s and Evos and I have always appreciated TET products (don't care for the Evo much, but I see why some like it). For me a portable vape should be quick and easy. The longer heat up time and the multiple "test" puffs for the Cera LL do not seem like an improvement over the T1 to me. I am able to get decent vapor from the first hit, with even stronger vapor from subsequent hits when using the T1. I don't do any "test" puffs on my T1, I just have a technique that seems to work on the first hit.

I must say these initial LL reviews leave me disappointed. As much as I love TET products I think this is where we part ways. They have done an incredible job producing a convection loose leaf vaporizer, but it's just not for me.

I would love to see TET produce another LL portable that gets hot and produces vapor quickly. I have a beta low voltage T1 core that I use with the standard 6v RCR123A batteries. It produces vapor in 6-7 seconds. Big hits almost right away, so I know it's possible.

fogbank,
Reactions: LeTchen

filteredhead

I have a beta low voltage T1 core that I use with the standard 6v RCR123A batteries. It produces vapor in 6-7 seconds. Big hits almost right away, so I know it's possible.
I wonder how much faster Cera LL would get up to temperature with 6V. TET re-built for me an EVO LV (1 ohm) using the Cera heater coil wire (1.5 ohm) -- it has been holding up great running at 15W (6V at 2.5amps) for about a month now. Takes 15-20 seconds to get up to temperature.

filteredhead,

7upstar

It seems to me that the latching switch is essential. Really surprised TET didn't just say "screw it we're going to take the time we need to get things 100% and wait for the Latching switches to be available before we start shipping." As of right now I would rather wait for TV to get the latching switches before Cera and I say our "I do's." :love:

7upstar,

PB88123

Vaporist

I own several T1s and Evos and I have always appreciated TET products (don't care for the Evo much, but I see why some like it). For me a portable vape should be quick and easy. The longer heat up time and the multiple "test" puffs for the Cera LL do not seem like an improvement over the T1 to me. I am able to get decent vapor from the first hit, with even stronger vapor from subsequent hits when using the T1. I don't do any "test" puffs on my T1, I just have a technique that seems to work on the first hit.

I must say these initial LL reviews leave me disappointed. As much as I love TET products I think this is where we part ways. They have done an incredible job producing a convection loose leaf vaporizer, but it's just not for me.

I would love to see TET produce another LL portable that gets hot and produces vapor quickly. I have a beta low voltage T1 core that I use with the standard 6v RCR123A batteries. It produces vapor in 6-7 seconds. Big hits almost right away, so I know it's possible.

TET is trying to find the balance between quick and still have battery life people desire.

As for the test puffs on the Cera. It works the same way as the T1 and eventually most people can do away with the puffs knowing after 30 seconds they can take a 10 second inhale and get a little vapor. Then start another inhale and get more vapor.

Someone can e-mail TET and see if there is something they can do to the LL cart so the warm up time is 5-10 seconds again for people who want that. Not sure if it is possible. Would need a different battery.

I can see myself doing a 30 second warm up and then a slow 5-10 second inhale to get the contents to vaporization temperature and then start a long inhale to get my vapors. I feel I would do pretty much what Noah did in the videos. Still waiting to order mine though.

vorrange

Vapor.wise

I think i saw vapor coming out, the first few test puffs from Bucchee's video. Maybe, people just need to learn the proper techniques and experiment to see what works best.

If you hit it long from the first draw, eventually vapor will ensue for sure, even if it isn't after 7 second but after 10.. i don't know. Like you said, you don't do a test hit on the T1, you have a technique that works.

I still have to see an experienced forum member give his opinion, other than OF. Nothing wrong with OF's opinion, i value it a lot since he is very thorough in his assessments and it is not the usual overjoyed user that in his happiness fails to give a totally acurate opinion, but it is the only one.

Just my two cents, but honestly, i think people just forgot oil is not herb. :shrug:

filteredhead

Someone can e-mail TET and see if there is something they can do to the LL cart so the warm up time is 5-10 seconds again for people who want that. Not sure if it is possible. Would need a different battery.
Yes, if the two 3V cells fit in there, then definitely would be good to check with TET before running it.

filteredhead,

2ndSight

Kills two birds with one stone.

Dreamerr i think perhaps you meant to say this?...

hehehe gotta love TPB :party:

I think i saw vapor coming out, the first few test puffs from Bucchee's video. Maybe, people just need to learn the proper techniques and experiment to see what works best.

Agreed, will take a bit of time before peeps cover all the ins and outs and we get a steady consensus, definitely looked like it was ready quite quick though!

Well I should've waited to make this video until after my child-like excitement and mentality simmered down. Can't remember a time I was this excited and at a loss for words. You'll appreciate Noah's videos a whole lot more after you see this one. This was more for myself.
What I noticed most of all for me was the efficiency of Cera. Such a small amount used compared to what I would normally intake, and it got me medicated all the same. Mind you I'm probably considered a lightweight compared to others on this site.
Maybe I'll make another video soon and actually write down what i should say and do.
If this video works then enjoy.

ooops ok try now

Hey thanks for the video man, awesome to finally see a customer using the device. As much as I like the design of this vape, it does not appear to be so good at producing clouds when using herb, and this is no surprise given the previous vids from thermovape.

josephaltier,

PB88123

Vaporist
I think the LL does OK producing clouds once a person gets the hang of it.
*GIF*
i9pOuTvBLTmna.gif

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I don't mind a 30 to 40 second warm up but then I want to hit 5-10 seconds each hit not long slow hits. I was wondering if a convection vape can do this.

I think it will be fine. Convection vaporizers are the foggiest.

vorrange,
Reactions: OF

OF

OF can you do short hits? I don't or can't do 20 second hits. Would it still be possible to prime this beast if you can't do that? Also jdee reported a very hot mouthpiece trying to prime it. Is that just because of learning or is that the way it is?

As series of short hits close together should work, you need volume it shouldn't matter how you get it.

I think JDee's heat issue is technique related, it works for others.

OF

Thanks for the reviews of the LL core, new Cera owners. Since I'd only be interested in the LL core, this information is invaluable. Unfortunately, I'm not encouraged by the early reports. The whole idea of a portable is that it is small, discreet, and EASY AND QUICK to use on the go.

I think you're right, and have been saying as much for a couple months now. A practiced user will get vapor in less than two minutes, but not much less. Oil is fast, herb is not, two different systems.

I was very surprised that i got vapor the first time, considering what I've been reading about the learning curve. I've since packed it a bit tighter and am using stronger inhales and getting alot more vapor. I think this will suit my needs perfectly. Thank-you TET!!!

No need to be surprised, really. You did all 3 steps and got the expected results, well done.

IMO advice on how hard it is to use from folks who've never done it will taper off some as more folks get them and actually try.

Thanks very much for the video, hopefully it'll put some fears to rest.

Also, I noticed that when you tried a harder/faster pull, it gave off a bigger hit. So it seems that stronger pull=bigger hit and ligher pull=smaller hit.

Exactly so, once it's up to temperature, drawing in more hot air makes more vapor, more hot, more vapor. Unlike conduction and radiation systems where you can 'swamp' the heat source there's more energy stored in the core at the end of step two than most guys can use. Honk on it if you want.

As folks have said '3 steps' is a learning tool. Preheat time depends on battery charge and individual machines and vapists. Like most vapes, once you sort out the rules you'll modify the drill to suit your needs. I very rarely take test puffs since experience and taste indicate when it's time to hit it.

OF

Top Bottom