Discontinued Thermovape Cera

JCat

Accessory Maker
People would complain.

OF
:lol: ... I don't know why they haven't sent this with the units already ... I mean come on ... we of course need them ... and we'll DEMAND THEM GOSH DARN IT!!!! How dare they not bow to our every whim ... all they do is the best they can ... can't they do better? :lol: (I'm hoping everyone caught the sarcasm ... I'm poking fun--in a friendly way--at every self-entitled person that's been bitchin' and moanin'!)

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
Hey Buchee, I noticed your spring on your switch it kinda bent up, did this happen after you received it? You think that is something we will have to watch out not to bend too bad. Your making me want to get the LL too instead of just the EO with this video. Thanks for sharing man!
I noticed the bent spring as well (and was curious as well).

Haywood,
Reactions: AirDru

GR

DontNeglecttheBalls.jpg

Considering that a finger is involved,..... well.... Nevermind. :uhoh:

:peace:

Great minds think a like, well maybe it is not a great mind, lol.

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
Forgive me if this has been answered already, but if and when the latching button comes out, will TET be sending it to customers who have already made their purchase? Will there be a cost associated?

Does that button stay down at all, or do you need to hold it the whole time?

Thanks

As far as we know TET will send the latching switch to everyone that has ordered a Cera. I'm sure they will have to confirm your address again. It should be free of charge.

The button will stay "on" on its own. So you can press the switch, set the Cera down and wait for it to warm up.

I'm guessing it isn't something simple to make as the longer it takes the more they have to give out for free.
I wanted to address this before it gets out of control.
The latching switch is only going to be sent to the people who initially pre-ordered the "Latching" version. All orders placed past then will ONLY receive the momentary switching.
When a latching switch becomes readily available we will offer so that you can upgrade your momentary switch.
Again, the free latching switch is ONLY going to be sent to those that pre-ordered it. All orders placed after the pre-order will ONLY get the momentary switch that's included.

The springs are made from a very thick material to be able to support the amperage of the device. The tip of the spring is stiff and can become bent if dropped or used with a much longer battery. You can easily adjust the spring by hand to make sure its strait and adjust it for use with longer or shorter batteries.

If your unsure if the spring is set for the length battery you are using i like to do a quick length. With the battery in the Cera body and held upside down, take the switch and place it on top like your about to thread it in. The spring tip should just barley touch the top of the battery as the threads rest on the bottom collar. This will distance will make sure your spring is making full contact with your battery.

For everyone receiving your Cera's that may not have had the printed instructions here is a link to the PDF. This should help a lot when you first get it.

Cheers,
Tim

OF

I wouldn't loose any sleep over it. I've seen them making dozens of switch assemblies at a time, none are bent at that stage. The spring has a crimp connection on the switch terminal (with a ferrule), they the lot is then soldered in place for the electrical connection then the tube is put on and epoxy added to 'pot' everything in place mechanically. My assumption is the bend is done to correct the position of the end of the spring after all that is done. There's noting really to control exactly where the end ends up in the process that I can see. It's 'more or less straight up' before the glue is added and sets.

The original (latching) switch I got was a prototype having an entirely different spring. The momentary Beta unit I was given is built differently inside (the ground lead) but came with a bent spring like the final versions.

Like I said, this is my assumption. I never asked, somehow I guess that that assumption 'worked for me'?

OF

OF,
I wanted to address this before it gets out of control.
The latching switch is only going to be sent to the people who initially pre-ordered the "Latching" version. All orders placed past then will ONLY receive the momentary switching.
When a latching switch becomes readily available we will offer so that you can upgrade your momentary switch.
Again, the free latching switch is ONLY going to be sent to those that pre-ordered it. All orders placed after the pre-order will ONLY get the momentary switch that's included.

The springs are made from a very thick material to be able to support the amperage of the device. The tip of the spring is stiff and can become bent if dropped or used with a much longer battery. You can easily adjust the spring by hand to make sure its strait and adjust it for use with longer or shorter batteries.

If your unsure if the spring is set for the length battery you are using i like to do a quick length. With the battery in the Cera body and held upside down, take the switch and place it on top like your about to thread it in. The spring tip should just barley touch the top of the battery as the threads rest on the bottom collar. This will distance will make sure your spring is making full contact with your battery.

For everyone receiving your Cera's that may not have had the printed instructions here is a link to the PDF. This should help a lot when you first get it.

Cheers,
Tim

Damn you guys cannot be serious. Why would you not send the latching switch to all customers? This is becoming similar to other vape manufacturers, who rip you off not on the vape, but on the necessary 'accessories' that should be included in the first place. I understand the momentary switch for oil, but for herb, this thing should just be called the arthritis stick. Seriously, you guys at TET hyped this vape so much, and now it just seems less phenomenal with every passing day and every new post...

This is my honest opinion, flame me if you want, but you know I am right...

LeTchen

A toute vapeur !
Retailer
All orders placed after the pre-order will ONLY get the momentary switch that's included.
Cheers,
Tim

So if I order a Cera with e-juice cart., it will be okay... but if I buy also a LL cart (needs the latching switch), is the latching switch comes with the cart. or I must spend more money to have it ?
Sorry, but the Cera who was showed us since months had the 2 switches (the lateral was like a momentary switch)... it's a pity...

vorrange

Vapor.wise
So if I order a Cera with e-juice cart., it will be okay... but if I buy also a LL cart (needs the latching switch), is the latching switch comes with the cart. or I must spend more money to have it ?
Sorry, but the Cera who was showed us since months had the 2 switches (the lateral was like a momentary switch)... it's a pity...

Does this mean that regular Cera's only have that bottom switch that you need to keep pressing?

What is the point in this, it makes you have to use both hands. :shrug:

It is not even very easy for many users with medical needs, supposedly the target costumer of TET.

If i end up with one of these, i will definitly get the latching switch and i agree that there should be two switches, one always on and the other by the side, like in the videos.

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker

Only those who pre-ordered the latching switch with their cera will get one sent to them. Those who are purchasing now/later will get the momentary switch but will need to order the latching one as well if they want it(from what I understand anyway).

VaporEyes,

SameOldTim

Manufacturer
Damn you guys cannot be serious. Why would you not send the latching switch to all customers? This is becoming similar to other vape manufacturers, who rip you off not on the vape, but on the necessary 'accessories' that should be included in the first place. I understand the momentary switch for oil, but for herb, this thing should just be called the arthritis stick. Seriously, you guys at TET hyped this vape so much, and now it just seems less phenomenal with every passing day and every new post...

This is my honest opinion, flame me if you want, but you know I am right...

We are only offering a momentary switch for the Cera's, we initially had a latching option with the first of pre-sales but have found that momentary is all that's necessary. This is when we changed our website to show just a momentary switch. For those who purchased it while it still showed a latching switch we are honoring you and are going to peruse a latching switch to fulfill your initial order.

We are not including any latching switches on the first shipments. The pre-orders will get a momentary until we source the appropriate latching switch to send in addition. This is a perk of jumping in right at first with Cera.

Once we sort out the Latching switch and make sure its up to par with our requirements we will offer it as an upgraded switch to the momentary.

Cheers,
Tim

Nbajunkie

Someones always watching..
Bummer...Any idea what the pricepoint will be for this upgrade? I think this would be the ideal portable. But the pricepoint is getting harder to justify by the day. ideallistic not realistic , cloud status

LeTchen

A toute vapeur !
Retailer
We can see the difference on the pictures..... and sorry again Tim, but what about customers who don't know (or don't read the thread) FC forum and buy a Cera on your website...... your website shows this Cera :
servlet.ImageServer

and the customers will receive this one :
IMAG0614.jpg

SameOldTim

Manufacturer
We can see the difference on the pictures..... and sorry again Tim, but what about customers who don't know (or don't read the thread) FC forum and buy a Cera on your website...... your website shows this Cera :
servlet.ImageServer

and the customers will receive this one :
IMAG0614.jpg

Im not exactly sure what your pointing out in this picture, both show a pin and you cant really see the switch in the second picture.

We are always trying to provide you the best possible product we can make available to you, but just like many automobile manufactures there are some things that change from the prototypes. Sometimes the changes are made to improve safety and sometimes they are for cosmetic or functional reasons.

If this is something that you don't like about Cera, we have no problem refunding you so you can spend your hard earned money where you will feel happiest. Promise we wont hold it against you ;)

Cheers,
Tim

LeTchen

A toute vapeur !
Retailer
Im not exactly sure what your pointing out in this picture, both show a pin and you cant really see the switch in the second picture.

We are always trying to provide you the best possible product we can make available to you, but just like many automobile manufactures there are some things that change from the prototypes. Sometimes the changes are made to improve safety and sometimes they are for cosmetic or functional reasons.

If this is something that you don't like about Cera, we have no problem refunding you so you can spend your hard earned money where you will feel happiest. Promise we wont hold it against you ;)

Cheers,
Tim

It's not personal problems !!!! It was only questions (I think good questions)... but you don't answered, sorry
I was speaking about switches and lateral switch that disapears...

LeTchen,
Reactions: harmudge

OF

Stockpiling goody's for cera when she gets here.
Although I must admit my dart has snuck in for a dab or two.

Boy ain't that the simple truth. That's exactly why I bought a second oil cart for PG. I know if I have only one cart and it's full of PG no matter how hard I try not to I'm going to convince myself I really have to empty the PG out for some reason or another......

And for sure DART is right up there, I'd even venture 'mini Cera' but I understand that name's taken?

OF

OF,
Reactions: NoName

VapeStL

I don't think there's a lateral switch that disappears anymore...that design has been replaced with the pull pin shown in the picture above. So really, the only switch on Cera is the momentary switch on the bottom.

OF has already posted pics of his workaround for this...we all have coathangers at home to try out a similar design.

And we all want each type of bottom switch I'm sure. Its obvious by now that an on/off switch will be the most hassle free for the LL cartridge. I wonder if down the road all LL Cera orders will get the on/off, whereas the other 2 carts will get the current momentary switch? that makes sense to me...

PB88123

Vaporist
I wonder if down the road all LL Cera orders will get the on/off, whereas the other 2 carts will get the current momentary switch? that makes sense to me...

I doubt if you order the LL and EO carts you will get both switches. I bet the momentary switch will be part of the Cera base price and then one can upgrade to the latching switch (for the same price?). Then if a person wants both you can add the other switch as an accessory.

VapeStL

That's essentially what I meant to say, thx for clarifying.

Lets say I only wanted to only order an LL Cera, it would be cool if it came with the on/off switch.
If I only ordered an oil cart Cera, then the momentary would be supplied.
If I ordered a cera w/multiple cores, which I have, then it comes w/one switch & the other is available as an option.

I luv seeing the world through rose colored glasses :brow:

PB88123

Vaporist
I think I would want the latching switch with the Cera oil cart as well as the LL cart. We'll have to wait and see what the options are when it becomes available.

OF

TRI CERA TOPS

Sorry, a guy can only resist a pun like that so long you know.....and since I was hauling the camera out.....

The little gizzie near the bottom of the oil cart is the latest version of my adapter kluge. The brass nuts I ordered came in (obviously). I counterbored the nut (about two threads) then sanded down the top end of the stripped down (plated brass) thread adapter. A copper pin of 'just the right size' is then installed with some PTFE tape packing around it to keep it centered.

Here it is, taking a break from all the testing:

Needless to say, it works GREAT due to the Cera's abilities. The obvious next question is 'swell, but will it work on other makers batteries?'. That answer isn't so easy. Of the ones I have, Persei and V2 are the only ones up to the power needs. The additional drops in them (over the TV supplies) lessens their performance relative to Cera or the TV supplies, but they do work. I'm not sure how they'd deal with long term heat build up, though, IIRC there have been issues there in the past.

I had Tim wind me a 'coldest possible' core (lowest power demand) to lessen this problem. That compromise seems to be the best for this use. I still get great volume with Ultra supplies and good performance (at least for a while) from Persei. V2, configured 'right' (low drop top, running the AW IMR 14500), is worth further testing.

Even this custom core is rejected by Iris as a shorted cart, it won't even try to make it work. Likewise other VV e-cigs either come up lame or balk all together.

Getting everything to fit 'just right' (D9 supplies have no compliance in the connectors like TV ones do, they count on the cart for that) is a problem but not with Ultras (so far).

The good news is I think this will be 'just the ticket' for owners who have T1s or the 17670 or 14500 based Ultras who want a truly serious update......

OF

Top Bottom