Discontinued Thermovape Cera

VapeStL

Nice shots!! I'M GETTIN' JEALOUS.

Its great that many people are beginning to chime in w/their experiences. The one design aspect I'd like to hear more about from TET is their mouthpiece, and why people are reporting that it cools the vapor...or that oil actually tastes better through the Cera. Each & every time I take a dab off titanium, a little voice in the back of my head screams "CERA, CERA!"

i'll order one, again, soon enough. But the taste aspect of Cera intrigues me, and I'd like to know the science behind it.

Those mouthpiece covers look like something I'd bring to a high school dance. (j/k)

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I would like to know the same thing vapestl...I know they said that the vape goes all around the path not just straight up but if that is so why does the mouth piece still get so hot?

Dreamerr,

NoName

Nice shots!! I'M GETTIN' JEALOUS.

Its great that many people are beginning to chime in w/their experiences. The one design aspect I'd like to hear more about from TET is their mouthpiece, and why people are reporting that it cools the vapor...or that oil actually tastes better through the Cera. Each & every time I take a dab off titanium, a little voice in the back of my head screams "CERA, CERA!"

i'll order one, again, soon enough. But the taste aspect of Cera intrigues me, and I'd like to know the science behind it.

Those mouthpiece covers look like something I'd bring to a high school dance. (j/k)

VapeStL,

Here is something I dug up out of the original (and now discontinued) CERA thread Post#182 by forum member OF RE: CERA's mouthpiece (this is not the entire post):

"I think most of what you're thinking is right. However, there is no 'secondary air path'. What you're discussing above is how the vapor gets out of the bowl and into you, not how cold air gets in. There is no thru hole in the center of the mouthpiece. After going through the core and up through the load the vapor goes out the slots in the edge above the second o-ring on the core making a right angle turn. It then does a 180 degree turn back toward the center of the mouthpiece where it takes a final right angle turn up. 360 degrees in all, same as the 'UFO' they currently use in several of their products. In the process debris gets filtered out of the airpath so screens are not needed (nor are they there to jam up). FWIW the only vape I know where outside air is intentionally mixed in is Vapman. None of the other TV products do this, it's doubtful they would change a winning design IMO.

While you can wipe it down, it's porous (I think) and therefore will likely not wipe all that clean. Rather it's intended to be soaked in ISO or even boiled to clean as the current products are."

FWIW, IMO the CERA MP is wonderfully designed. No additional screen is needed and I've yet to inhale anything into my mouth (other than tasty vapor LOL) through the mouthpiece. That being said, I've not yet used the ceramic mouthpiece with my EO Cart so I can't provide any input. However, I believe TheRobbo posted something about sticking his ceramic MP in the fridge to 'cool the vapor"?

Hope this helps?

NN

jdee

The included mouthpiece cools better than a straight driptip because the vapor has to travel a longer distance giving it more time to cool. The mouthpiece gets hot because of the heat that radiates from the core that the mouthpiece is in contact with. Definitely not an issue for the oil core, the thermal condom might be of interest for loose leaf users though.

J.D.420

420th Dragoons
Would someone mind posting detailed pics of the switch housing, next to a ruler for reference if possible?
I've got some ideas for a latching switch mod but I need the exact dimensions of the end cap. Thanks

J.D.420,
Reactions: xclarryx

OF

Cera owners: how much time (roughly) does it take for one battery to charge completely?

Two or 3 hours using the TV supplied charger, which is faster than most by perhaps twice? It can take several more hours for lesser chargers (which will not to as complete a job).

OF

OF,

buchee

Tim,
Out of curiosity do those thermal sleeves cover the actual tip of the MP as it too gets uncomfortably hot when using the LL core.

GoGlass

Hi buchee, interesting question that i ask to myself also ......

And buchee i have seen your nice cera vid ....very thanks for posting ! but 2 questions :

- is it so uncomfortably hot that you put the tube at the top of the MP ?

- at the end of the video, when you show us AVB, herb seems partially black. Is it the light in the room that is poor or the herb is really partially black ?

GoGlass,
Reactions: NoName

buchee

Hi buchee, interesting question that i ask to myself also ......

And buchee i have seen your nice cera vid ....very thanks for posting ! but 2 questions :

- is it so uncomfortably hot that you put the tube at the top of the MP ?

- at the end of the video, when you show us AVB, herb seems partially black. Is it the light in the room that is poor or the herb is really partially black ?

GoGlass - I appreciate the thanks for the vid.
1. IMO the only way to get through that bowl without any pauses with the LL is to use an extension from the MP. It is not needed from the beginning but as you progress so does the heat radiation.
2. Although I did not have any unpleasant taste what-so-ever the spent material was quite dark, close to black but again it did not combust and there was no unpleasant taste or smell. IMO it did exactly what I wanted it to do.

NoName

Tim,
Out of curiosity do those thermal sleeves cover the actual tip of the MP as it too gets uncomfortably hot when using the LL core.

Hey Buchee (I'm not Tim, but)

First, thanks for the CERA LL Cart videos! Certainly seems you found your way to your proper 'destination' (LOL). From TET's photos it looks like the thermal sleeves are shaped like the 'prototypes' - that is, the sleeve wraps completely around the MP 'housing' but doesn't wrap around the actual MP 'tip'. If I were to venture a guess, I think the MP 'tip' is designed to 'float' somewhat - and completely covering it would defeat the purpose? Again, just speculation on my part. However, the sleeve (as-is) provides both heat protection for the user as well as a convenient method of attaching to WP's.

Hope this helps. Keep rockin' that CERA!!

NN

buchee

Hey Buchee (I'm not Tim, but)

First, thanks for the CERA LL Cart videos! Certainly seems you found your way to your proper 'destination' (LOL). From TET's photos it looks like the thermal sleeves are shaped like the 'prototypes' - that is, the sleeve wraps completely around the MP 'housing' but doesn't wrap around the actual MP 'tip'. If I were to venture a guess, I think the MP 'tip' is designed to 'float' somewhat - and completely covering it would defeat the purpose? Again, just speculation on my part. However, the sleeve (as-is) provides both heat protection for the user as well as a convenient method of attaching to WP's.

Hope this helps. Keep rockin' that CERA!!

NN

Thanks NN. I sorta felt like I was obliged to make a vid for all those people still waiting for theirs. Knowing I had mine and most others didnt I wanted to at least share my enthusiasm and help others who were still questioning the usefullness of the LL cart.
Thanks for your speculation on the thermal sleeve. By looking at the pic I could see there was a hole in the middle and pretty much had the same thinking. I can't wait to try it on.

Unless they've changed from the Prototype unit I got, no the half inch tip sticks out a short distance. Just enough to help center it on your WP but very easy to avoid with your lips if hitting it directly. It's been tested by real people (several of whom I know), it works well. You'll like it.

OF

Thanks OF. I understand now how to avoid getting hot lips with the sleeve. Much appreciated.

OF

Thanks OF. I understand now how to avoid getting hot lips with the sleeve. Much appreciated.

You're very welcome. I'm sure others wondered as well if the tip of the MP went through (first thing I checked....).

I think we're both quite relieved you understood the technique needed without further clues......this is not that kind of Forum you know.....

Best wishes with your Cera, and to the faithful awaiting theirs. Delivery is nearly at hand it seems.

OF

VapeStL

The sleeve is a nice design element, especially since it takes the place of the o-rings when mating the Cera to a WP.

VapeStL,
Reactions: OF

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
Well everyone..... Looks like were going to be busy this week, Just got 500 switches!!! and for those of you guessing how many ceramic bodies there were in the packages..... you missed the empty slip! there were 335!!

Tim,

The thermal sleeve doesnt cover the mouthpiece itself, it just covers the top cap. I tend to not put my mouth on the mouthpiece itself when using the sleeve, maybe its just me but i feel like i can draw easier that way.

Now back to work!

Cheers,
Tim

WL

I wonder I f they got any latching switches yet?
It's good to see that there moving along nicely now, good to see

SO my apologies for misinforming the forum a few pages back. I had the wrong idea. From what I understand at this point, the latching switches probably won't be in for a few months. The new switches are momentary switches, but apparently slightly different in that they are flat on the bottom(so the cera can stand up straight) and require a bit less force to press. My bad...

The plain white exterior to the Cera body is like a blank piece of paper just waiting for a design.

Has anyone tried cosmetically customising their Cera yet, any vinyl wraps or maybe some laser cut stickers, or even some bespoke artwork ?

saltway_sweeper,
Reactions: CG420

CG420

Over the horizon u can see the edges of the Earth
The plain white exterior to the Cera body is like a blank piece of paper just waiting for a design.

Has anyone tried cosmetically customising their Cera yet, any vinyl wraps or maybe some laser cut stickers, or even some bespoke artwork ?

I was thinking that but wouldn't it void the warranty on the body?

CG420,
Reactions: OF

SMELLYcat

My name is SMELLYcat and I like to Party!

I work at a Sign Shop. I have plans for some kind of digital wrap. Not sure on design yet. (urban digi camo print?) All high end vinyl decals come off easy. Just waiting to get the Cera. Dec 15 purchase. I will be all over that once I wake up from my Cera Party.

OF

I was thinking that but wouldn't it void the warranty on the body?

No, although you might loose your fancy tube if something really did go wrong with it and they couldn't repair it, the warranty would only cover replacement of the stock unit.

Noah specifically raised this issue, suggesting TV would 'work with us' in getting it done by the laser engravers they use (if that's your choice).

Otherwise, tampering voids the warranty, not decorating or otherwise using it.....it's yours.

OF

I work at a Sign Shop. I have plans for some kind of digital wrap. Not sure on design yet. (urban digi camo print?) All high end vinyl decals come off easy. Just waiting to get the Cera. Dec 15 purchase. I will be all over that once I wake up from my Cera Party.

urban digi camo sounds :brow:

saltway_sweeper,
Top Bottom