Discontinued Thermovape Cera

Medical Mark

That's my permanent switch :)

wp000119.jpg
wp000117t.jpg
Nice mod, I guess you had to come up with something while you wait for the latching switch hey. Well It looks good well done.
I should be getting my Cera any day it cleared customs and has been processed as of early this morning and on route to destination so I hope I get it tomorrow but. Doubt it probably Wednesday.
It's almost here I'm still waiting for 4x2900 mah 18650 Panasonic batteries and was emailed they should be at my door from Asia any day so that will be awesome timing and will be a great way to try the cera with both types of batteries plus it was made for the 2900 mah 18650 so it will be a good comparison.
I also have made a mod for my Cera concerning the momentary switch can't wait to try it out and implement the mod and see how well it works or how bad it works you never know right good ideas turn into the wrong ideas.

Anyway cheers. , medical mark

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Nice mod, I guess you had to come up with something while you wait for the latching switch hey. Well It looks good well done.
I should be getting my Cera any day it cleared customs and has been processed as of early this morning and on route to destination so I hope I get it tomorrow but. Doubt it probably Wednesday.
It's almost here I'm still waiting for 4x2900 mah 18650 Panasonic batteries and was emailed they should be at my door from Asia any day so that will be awesome timing and will be a great way to try the cera with both types of batteries plus it was made for the 2900 mah 18650 so it will be a good comparison.
I also have made a mod for my Cera concerning the momentary switch can't wait to try it out and implement the mod and see how well it works or how bad it works you never know right good ideas turn into the wrong ideas.

Anyway cheers. , medical mark
Nice vaporizer!
You think on about 3 more months to work the bugs out?
End of May to order one?

ataxian,

OF

Nice vaporizer!
You think on about 3 more months to work the bugs out?
End of May to order one?

Yes, it is. Very nice. In many ways. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

So, what bugs are these?

I'm sorry, I don't see any bugs. It works very well as delivered, or they will make it do so I'm sure. It does a better job by many measures than any other portable. I see latching switches a convenience issue, it does not effect performance. Supply (as different from design or quality) issues are easily fixed due to the modular nature, you can change switches easily at a later date for instance.

Your call on when to order yours, I'm enjoying mine right now and think most anyone would be if they had theirs in hand?

OF

ma7ija

So, what bugs are these?

I'm sorry, I don't see any bugs. It works very well as delivered, or they will make it do so I'm sure. It does a better job by many measures than any other portable. I see latching switches a convenience issue, it does not effect performance. Supply (as different from design or quality) issues are easily fixed due to the modular nature, you can change switches easily at a later date for instance.

Your call on when to order yours, I'm enjoying mine right now and think most anyone would be if they had theirs in hand?

OF

That's right. Cera is really great, i am shore everybody will like it right away.
I had problems with irritation in my lungs with other vapes and Cera with promised air path, to reduce this, was my last chance to stop burning things.
And yes! It's working for me :) I am really enjoying the taste and clouds without coughing. :) (EO core)

Darb

My Cera works great!
No bugs. I also agree that the mouthpiece makes the vapor way smoother than my previously owned EO vapes. (Or nails)
The taste is also the best of any EO vape (or nail) I have ever used.
Only "problem" I have found is that I enjoy using the Cera so much my consumption has gone up quite a bit.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

So, what bugs are these?

OF
Thanks OF!
So it looks like the CERA LL will be my next portable Flower device.

OF

My Cera works great!
No bugs. I also agree that the mouthpiece makes the vapor way smoother than my previously owned EO vapes. (Or nails)
The taste is also the best of any EO vape (or nail) I have ever used.
Only "problem" I have found is that I enjoy using the Cera so much my consumption has gone up quite a bit.

Boy you got that 'problem' part right for sure. It's too easy to get more than you really intended to. And too pleasant.

The taste bit is kind of a mystery to me. The exact same concentrate in a Revolution/DART or Omicron cart in the other hand doesn't taste as 'clean'. For now I've given up on trying to figure it out, I'm just enjoying it for a bit. I think most owners will find it a big step forward for them.....even if it does run the oil bill up some......

Thanks OF!
So it looks like the CERA LL will be my next portable Flower device.

You're welcome, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Don't blame me for it all, I didn't make the suckers. All I did is tell you what I saw and found.....other new owners are doing as much for you right now, I was just there a little sooner.

Best wishes.

OF

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
The body is what the screws were removed from.

I defiantly HIGHLY suggest to NOT take the screws out of the body! This could cause the internal ground strap to fail which would result in completely rebuilding the Cera Body. This typically has been fine but once the Cera's get some age to them this may become a more difficult procedure and could result in a broken Cera body.

Just leave the set screws in, nothing to gain by taking them out.

is the ceramic body tough or if you drop it think it would shatter

If you drop the Cera from a few feet onto concrete.... it may not last.

But if you drop her on a hardwood floor, or carpet even from a few feet it should be fine. But like with all ceramics you shouldn't abuse it.

There's no like "load a more liquid type oil in the oil core first" rule right?

Like I have some super crumbly wax right now that will definitely last me til I get my Cera, will that wax be fine to first load in the CEO?

Yea you can load up pretty much any consistency wax, it will just have a longer inital loading time. May need some more heat and a longggg warmup to get it to be thin enough to soak into the porous ceramic.

That's my permanent switch :)

wp000119.jpg
wp000117t.jpg

I like it!!!!

Do you think you need to remove the red "O" rings before a boil?

You should be fine boiling with the orings on, but you can get it cleaner by taking them off and cleaning in the grooves.

UPDATE: Next run of switches should be here today or tomorrow, these are still momentary. Once they come in and are assembled the next batch of orders will ship out. Should be a big one this time too!

Cheers,
Tim

optiato

Just gave in and called... looks like orders placed after Christmas should be shipping end of next week or early the week after. Now I must contain myself and not call again for a couple weeks!

(This is obviously nothing official, just what I got from inquiring about my order)

optiato,

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
Got these babies waiting to fuel up.

img04471d.jpg
Those look like they came from..... CK? Make sure they are a safe Chemistry to use with this much drain, all of our cores are less than 1 Ohm so keep that in mind.
BTW, Look what just came in!
2013-02-11_10-11-43_29.jpg

Now We're just waiting on switches, should be here any minute!

But while were waiting, here some shots for ya ;)

2013-02-11_11-28-18_11.jpg

2013-02-11_11-28-04_231.jpg

Cheers!

Tim

JCat

Accessory Maker
I'm excited ... that first picture shows 330+ bodies from my estimates :) (Wonder if mine ... Dec. 21st order will be in there ... :lol:)

Thanks for the update Tim! Truly appreciated.

Tweek

Such a delicious photo...makes it all the more painful that mine was sent back to you. :D

Tweek,
Reactions: JCat
Top Bottom