Discontinued Thermovape Cera (Original thread, closed because of chaos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

marduk

daydreamer
I hope that answered everyone's questions. Keep them coming!

Cheers!

Will there be an option for a mouthpiece with a lip so tubing can be attached?

Will there be an alternate mouthpiece or attachment that duplicates the moisture-adding function of the True Flow?

Is the draw on the botanical Cera less restrictive than the T1?

And could you give us some more info about the essential oil version? Any "down the throat" pics of it?

marduk,

PB88123

Vaporist
@ThermoCoreTim what are the dimensions and weight and how long is the warm up time before you can get vapor?

PB88123,

OF

ShipDit said:
For the Cera+battery+charger+car thingy = $299.95 :suspicious:
Pretty good price for the basic set up. If she walks as good as she talks,I'm in!​

oh she does!

Come on, stop dodging the obvious two questions we all have:

a) How does she look dressed up like a cheerleader?

b) Does she have a sister?

OF

Tweek

Would a newcomer to vaping be able to switch this unit on, and instantly get satisfying vapor? If so, for how long before having to switch the load? Can this work with groups of people sharing? Any temp control?

Tweek,

OF

Would a newcomer to vaping be able to switch this unit on, and instantly get satisfying vapor? If so, for how long before having to switch the load? Can this work with groups of people sharing? Any temp control?

Assuming it performs like the T1 (and it should with some improvements) nobody can switch it on and get instant vapor with herb. That will require a preheat period of perhaps ten seconds (very short relatively) followed by drawing heat into the bowl from the core to make working temperature, maybe another ten seconds. Then your hit. The next ones will be faster, but it's only going to hold a fairly small amount so if you've got a party going you're going to have to dump and refill after maybe 10 hits? The size, and therefore number of the hits as well as the temperature they're taken at are controlled by the user with timing and technique. It's actually pretty easy to do once you try it a few times, it's pretty intuitive if you think about what you're doing.

Vaping concentrates is not the same deal, more or less instant gratification there. Once loaded, push the button, take the hit, remember to release the button. In this case the switch works a little different but the idea is the same, near instant vapor production at full blast. The tough part it to remember to not get lost and forget to turn it off......

OF

Tweek

Yeah, perhaps I should have worded it a bit more carefully...I definitely realize there is a warm up period. Thanks for the explanation overall...explains why I was not so keen on the T1 and by the sounds of it, the experience may be similar. I'm a "fat rips" kinda guy ;)

Tweek,

OF
My wife also wants to know if a circumcised version will be released.:shrug:
On that note,I have a plan on how to smuggle it into concerts or just to hide it while driving. She's not gonna like the process though.:love:

davidwu

Thank you Tim for answering my question... I assume the answer is that you no longer sell the DART or any combo to get to a DART. Sorry, just a tad unclear when you left it as, "most of our old products."

Do you have any more pictures of the oil cart you care to share? And more specifically, what are it's dimensions.... and will the adapters be sized correctly (wider) for these carts (assuming they are wider than a standard cart) so that if someone is using a different battery than the Cera, it won't look like they are vaping from a barbell.

davidwu,

OF

Yeah, perhaps I should have worded it a bit more carefully...I definitely realize there is a warm up period. Thanks for the explanation overall...explains why I was not so keen on the T1 and by the sounds of it, the experience may be similar. I'm a "fat rips" kinda guy ;)

Fat rips presents a whole other set of problems. Convection vapes like this guy, Volcano, HA, DV and the rest are constrained by the heat transfer. Basically all the heat you can get across can be used to make vapor (usually, given a good design, that is it doesn't combust) but how to make that happen to a lot of herb at once is not convection's strong suit. I suggest you look to conduction and radiation heated loads where you can get more bulk involved on demand. Bender comes to mind, but it too takes some user control. It can, however, bring most of a nearly gram size load to the magic temperature all at once. More than I'm ready to deal with....but I'm not a cloud chaser by nature.

Perhaps some of the others have thoughts?

Using concentrates is, of course, a different matter. Bob L can set you up with some high power dual cart Omicron/Persei setups that can flatten a Rastafarian Water Buffalo in one toke. Kill one with a weak heart.

OF

NoName

Tim said:

"Titanium is lighter and resilient to corrosion, so for those of you by the ocean surfing or diving you no longer have to worry about corrosion".

Awesome!!! Thank you (exponentially). Now time to check under the sofa cushions, forgotten piggy banks......

NoName

NoName,

iamn3ko

So in the depths of my stupidity.

I just realized Cera, is short for Ceramic.

Duh.

Clever, very clever.

Figuring out money as we speak to buy one!

I'd love to see side by side comparison shots of the T1 next to the Cera. I know the threads are bigger and it's hard to put in perspective just how much bigger it is. A video would be nice as well. I'm definitely going to have to wait for some proper reviews before I drop $300 for the Cera + a single battery. Very surprised the unit doesn't even come with a battery. My T1 came with 6 and a charger included. And the price dropped by $50 a few months after I got it. Anyways, if the 4-5 times battery life claim holds up it just might be worth it. I can't imagine not having to switch out batteries every time I use it.

goodgreenganja,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
Rock on Tim!:rockon:
If she does perform as ya say you're gonna sell a shit-ton of those things. And for once I'd like to be ahead of the curve. Oh yeah,one last thing. Have the official physical specs been released? I'm wondering what kind of footprint she has.
Ohh....last question I promise,(for now) just how many will be made in the first run? Thanks man,now get back to work!:lol:
Please keep us posted....you're being watched.:tinfoil:

Shes a bit bigger than the T1, not by much though. We're getting some side by side shots of her next to a T1 as i speak.

the first run is limited, Ill post up later when i have accurate numbers though.

Not a small claim to make for a portable, that you won't need a desktop unit. :)

I look forward to the first impressions and videos of this little device.

Were working on a video, it shouldn't be much longer.
Will there be an option for a mouthpiece with a lip so tubing can be attached?

Will there be an alternate mouthpiece or attachment that duplicates the moisture-adding function of the True Flow?

Is the draw on the botanical Cera less restrictive than the T1?

And could you give us some more info about the essential oil version? Any "down the throat" pics of it?

We are talking about it.... ;) there will be cool accessories in the future!

In waiting on the camera man now, when i get some new pictures ill post them up.

OF

well lets see if i can answer these....

a) she looks like a million dollars

b) maybe in the future.... :ninja:

The Cera operates similarly to the T1, its temperature varies based on your inhalation rate. This will be very easy to use as a social vape for a few friends, much more so than the T1.

Assuming it performs like the T1 (and it should with some improvements) nobody can switch it on and get instant vapor with herb. That will require a preheat period of perhaps ten seconds (very short relatively) followed by drawing heat into the bowl from the core to make working temperature, maybe another ten seconds. Then your hit. The next ones will be faster, but it's only going to hold a fairly small amount so if you've got a party going you're going to have to dump and refill after maybe 10 hits? The size, and therefore number of the hits as well as the temperature they're taken at are controlled by the user with timing and technique. It's actually pretty easy to do once you try it a few times, it's pretty intuitive if you think about what you're doing.

Vaping concentrates is not the same deal, more or less instant gratification there. Once loaded, push the button, take the hit, remember to release the button. In this case the switch works a little different but the idea is the same, near instant vapor production at full blast. The tough part it to remember to not get lost and forget to turn it off......

OF

Your the man!

So in the depths of my stupidity.

I just realized Cera, is short for Ceramic.

Duh.

Clever, very clever.

Figuring out money as we speak to buy one!

Its pretty elegant!

I'd love to see side by side comparison shots of the T1 next to the Cera. I know the threads are bigger and it's hard to put in perspective just how much bigger it is. A video would be nice as well. I'm definitely going to have to wait for some proper reviews before I drop $300 for the Cera + a single battery. Very surprised the unit doesn't even come with a battery. My T1 came with 6 and a charger included. And the price dropped by $50 a few months after I got it. Anyways, if the 4-5 times battery life claim holds up it just might be worth it. I can't imagine not having to switch out batteries every time I use it.

That is an awesome idea! we are on it!!!

Well, I'm at that depth too. Now I can pronounce it properly too. :lol:
Thanks,
Pipes

Pronounced like "Sarah", Cera!

Cheers,
Tim

Thanks for keeping us all in the loop Tim. Also like how each time ya drop in you answer questions,but also drop a few hints as to what might also be in the works. (Did ya think we'd miss the "sister" comment)?
Don't know about everyone else,but when a company gets as involved with the community as you guys....it makes a damned good impression!
Keep the faith and Vape on!
Shes a bit bigger than the T1, not by much though. We're getting some side by side shots of her next to a T1 as i speak.

the first run is limited, Ill post up later when i have accurate numbers though.

Were working on a video, it shouldn't be much longer.

We are talking about it.... ;) there will be cool accessories in the future!

In waiting on the camera man now, when i get some new pictures ill post them up.

well lets see if i can answer these....

a) she looks like a million dollars

b) maybe in the future.... :ninja:

The Cera operates similarly to the T1, its temperature varies based on your inhalation rate. This will be very easy to use as a social vape for a few friends, much more so than the T1.

Your the man!

Its pretty elegant!

That is an awesome idea! we are on it!!!

Pronounced like "Sarah", Cera!

Cheers,
Tim

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
anyway we can order the titanium oil set and add the stainless leaf bowl? i'd probably be inclined to go that route, but don't know how to order it.

EDiT - and maybe i didn't catch it, but is there a heat/battery time difference in the two metals?

thanks again for answering all our questions!

Bob Loblaw,
Reactions: ShipDit

SameOldTim

Manufacturer
Heres some teasers. ;)
IMG_6429.jpg

IMG_6423.jpg

IMG_6418.jpg

Darb

The order form won't let me select canada as a shipping option. International comes up but then I can't select state?
Any ideas?

Darb,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
The order form won't let me select canada as a shipping option. International comes up but then I can't select state?
Any ideas?
Probably not happening quite yet seeing as they're doing 1st run of production now. Maybe it's a bug?

Quetzalcoatl,

SameOldTim

Manufacturer
Any ideas?

Im on it, let me try and fix that for you right now.

Edit: for the time being just enter your country in the address field, it should process it all correctly. Let me know if it does not.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom