Discontinued Thermovape Cera (Original thread, closed because of chaos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
Thank you. Order placed for stainless Cera leaf vape, essential oil cart and two batteries!!

Did you spring for the illuminated switch? ;)

And for anyone else ordering, if you could put your FC user name in the notes so we know who you are :)

Congrats Darb, merry early christmas. First reported confirmed order (I think). Let us all know how she dances. Pics pics and more pics. Let the "is it there yet?" begin.....
;)
Pipes
There has been a steady stream of orders all day, definitely going quick! :science:
Cheers,
Tim

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
anyway we can order the titanium oil set and add the stainless leaf bowl? i'd probably be inclined to go that route, but don't know how to order it.

EDiT - and maybe i didn't catch it, but is there a heat/battery time difference in the two metals?

thanks again for answering all our questions!
just gonna bump this as it looks like it got skipped, tia

Bob Loblaw,
Hey Tim, a couple questions.
Are AW IMR's not recommended? Why 2c restriction?
When you mention that your airflow controls the type of vapor, does that mean the harder you pull the lower the vaping temp? Or visa-versa? Can you click it on and pull one monster pull with in 30seconds and then shut her(Sarah)down, and it won't bake the botanicals to much on cool down? And finally, what would the average load be, .15-.25?
Thank you.

vapor 4 life

On the Dart and Rev I noticed a decline in performance after a few months of use ( taste and clouds ) So every three months or so I buy a new one. These new carts are double or more in price. Will they be easier to clean fully? Will they have a longer life? Will taste decline as the cart gets older like the older models?

natural farmer

Hey Tim! Are the temps inside the core higher with Cera? From what I can tell from the pics and info so far it seems you have gone for higher temps, lower airflow, and very good insulation between herb and core and the outside... Can you suck on a Cera like a cigar or you need to keep a constant rate like the T1?

natural farmer,

TheRobbo

I ran a few ideas past the minister of finance (the wife) and the results were alot more hopefull than I thought they would be :), all I have to do is sell the bathroom suite I have sitting in the shed and I'm laughing (I managed to talk her into letting me have the money).
Easier said than done you say? I happen to know that the in-laws are in the market for a new shower cubicle at the least.
Which is great, but I know what is going to happen I won't know if I can make the sale until tomorrow which means I cant sign up for my Cera until after work which means I am going to be going crazy all day wondering when the limit is gonna be hit and TET take the pre-sale down...

Please please please tell me I still have time I can't stand the thought of missing out, she is just so beautiful.

TheRobbo,
Reactions: harmudge

OF

Which is great, but I know what is going to happen I won't know if I can make the sale until tomorrow which means I cant sign up for my Cera until after work which means I am going to be going crazy all day wondering when the limit is gonna be hit and TET take the pre-sale down...

Please please please tell me I still have time I can't stand the thought of missing out, she is just so beautiful.

So let me get this straight.....what you're saying is you hope that none of us put our orders in before and 'take the last one' before you can get there?

OK, so what's that worth to you? I mean in dollars and cents........

Good luck on making the train, I'm sure there'll be another along eventually but we all understand your angst I think.

OF

Cheerful Dub

Spaced Station
Should I order another mouthpiece if I intend to swap an essential oil & liquid core back and forth? It seems as though that would be sensible considering I am currently accustomed to each specific core having their own tips on the T1 line, and the new robust size and double o-rings would make it a hassle to exchange the mouthpiece and sleeve back and forth every time I change cores. I am also seeking to avoid an open-ended semi-loaded core with either material, in a storage case or in my pocket, so that's another requirement that an extra tip could address.

I would love to see more of the construction of both those cores, I suppose that could help my understanding. Although it seems as though there is an outer sleeve or jacket component that retains the mouthpiece when fitted over the core, which is then threaded into the body, and my plan for having two tips/covered cores would require a duplicate of this sleeve piece as well for a fully protected "loose" assembly that could be pocketed or put in a plastic tube of sorts? As listed the cores are illustrated by the rendering so I'm assuming that's the only thing included.

That's my only point of curiosity remaining before I pull the trigger, as I would expect it to be able to perform in place of my T1 line without much modification to protocol. As it stands I am able to "hot-swap" the full core+tip assemblies by removing them from their storage tubes and threading them in/out of the T1 body adapter, and I am looking to emulate that functionality here as well.

I am also hesitant to "miss out" by waiting, but I am hoping that by not announcing a min or max run they can be flexible either way, as I'm sure there is no shortage of interested parties :) I would order immediately, but I would also prefer to have the potential accessories all in one shipment and/or avoid modification to the order for simplicities sake.

jdee

Upon further consideration I decided I enjoy trying new vapes, order placed. I went with the non Ti model because in all seriousness when gently vaping oil off a ceramic element how much difference in flavor is the container going to make whether its stainless or titanium..I think none. I think the fact that the only differences TV could point out were that it was more corrosion resistant pretty much means that it does nothing to benefit the vapor. Also titanium scratches easier, which is why I don't understand the point of the titanium bottom button, for a 100% premium over the not as easy to scratch stainless steel version. From where I'm sitting it appears the titanium edition is for people who have an extra $250 to burn and don't need any appreciable difference in performance. true or false?

jdee,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Well titanium is certainly out of my budget. And IDK if this 18650 I have is even the right kind or not :/

Tim what about the question about the smooth flow mouthpiece? For me that moisture added quite a bit of value to the T1. Not sure I'm ready to abandon that 100% yet.

I want it, but I don't know what to do yet. Here I was ready to pre-order, but now I've got this horrible feeling telling me to wait (easier said than done) and see what changes need to be made. I REALLY don't like using the T1 without the smooth flow if it can be avoided. From the design I don't think this is even an option anymore.

darkrom,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Upon further consideration I decided I enjoy trying new vapes, order placed. I went with the non Ti model because in all seriousness when gently vaping oil off a ceramic element how much difference in flavor is the container going to make whether its stainless or titanium..I think none. I think the fact that the only differences TV could point out were that it was more corrosion resistant pretty much means that it does nothing to benefit the vapor. Also titanium scratches easier, which is why I don't understand the point of the titanium bottom button, for a 100% premium over the not as easy to scratch stainless steel version. From where I'm sitting it appears the titanium edition is for people who have an extra $250 to burn and don't need any appreciable difference in performance. true or false?

To be 100% honest I think it comes down to titanium being sexier and flashier. yes its lighter, but does that matter? To me it certainly doesn't matter 2x the price :/ I have 2 space case titanium grinders and love those, and was all set to spend a LITTLE extra for a cooler titanium option, but my budget outweighs my vanity when it comes to a $200+ difference.

EDIT: Just re-read this and it makes it sound like I'm saying NOT to get titanium. Not at all the case. If I viewed a $500 purchase and thought "no big deal" then I'd get it. I'm not in that kind of financial situation though.

darkrom

Great Scott!
Less shiny sure, but IMO titanium is WAY nicer looking.

I've got a bad feeling I won't be pre-ordering despite being vocal about rushing them. Unless my snow tires pay themselves off that is.

darkrom,

iamn3ko

Don't know if it's been covered...

And I'm sure it's easy to replace,
But any chance those rubber O-Rings could get too hot and eventually dry or crack?

iamn3ko,
As people discuss titanium, I wonder if the parts differ in design other than just the material (i.e. Ti vs. steel). Since all we've seen is the steel core (though with a nice picture of it hot now) and engineering renderings, it seems like the parts may be the same except for the metal body. If the different metal cores are the same size and shape and have the same heating element, we'd expect the Ti version to heat up and cool down about 35% faster (since the _volumetric_ heat capacity of Ti is that much less than that of steel).

So how long to warm up looks like it would be different - faster for Ti; Is saving a few (or more) seconds worth $XXX ?

Tim,: Do you have any comparisons for warmup time differing between the different metal version cores?

-NDA

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
Should I order another mouthpiece if I intend to swap an essential oil & liquid core back and forth? It seems as though that would be sensible considering I am currently accustomed to each specific core having their own tips on the T1 line, and the new robust size and double o-rings would make it a hassle to exchange the mouthpiece and sleeve back and forth every time I change cores. I am also seeking to avoid an open-ended semi-loaded core with either material, in a storage case or in my pocket, so that's another requirement that an extra tip could address.

I would love to see more of the construction of both those cores, I suppose that could help my understanding. Although it seems as though there is an outer sleeve or jacket component that retains the mouthpiece when fitted over the core, which is then threaded into the body, and my plan for having two tips/covered cores would require a duplicate of this sleeve piece as well for a fully protected "loose" assembly that could be pocketed or put in a plastic tube of sorts? As listed the cores are illustrated by the rendering so I'm assuming that's the only thing included.

That's my only point of curiosity remaining before I pull the trigger, as I would expect it to be able to perform in place of my T1 line without much modification to protocol. As it stands I am able to "hot-swap" the full core+tip assemblies by removing them from their storage tubes and threading them in/out of the T1 body adapter, and I am looking to emulate that functionality here as well.

I am also hesitant to "miss out" by waiting, but I am hoping that by not announcing a min or max run they can be flexible either way, as I'm sure there is no shortage of interested parties :) I would order immediately, but I would also prefer to have the potential accessories all in one shipment and/or avoid modification to the order for simplicities sake.
Theres no real need to have a second mouthpiece, although a whip down switching back and forth might be nice.

The cores only come with the chamber itself, no mouthpiece or top-cap. The top-caps will be available in the future by them selfs but for the time being just the mouthpiece.

Theres a limited run for the pres-sale, make sure you reserve one before they are all gone! ;)

Besides the switch body and bottom collar there are also a few more metal pieces that are switched to titanium.

Well titanium is certainly out of my budget. And IDK if this 18650 I have is even the right kind or not :/

Tim what about the question about the smooth flow mouthpiece? For me that moisture added quite a bit of value to the T1. Not sure I'm ready to abandon that 100% yet.

I want it, but I don't know what to do yet. Here I was ready to pre-order, but now I've got this horrible feeling telling me to wait (easier said than done) and see what changes need to be made. I REALLY don't like using the T1 without the smooth flow if it can be avoided. From the design I don't think this is even an option anymore.

We are working on something to act as a smooth flow, not for the initial run though.

To be 100% honest I think it comes down to titanium being sexier and flashier. yes its lighter, but does that matter? To me it certainly doesn't matter 2x the price :/ I have 2 space case titanium grinders and love those, and was all set to spend a LITTLE extra for a cooler titanium option, but my budget outweighs my vanity when it comes to a $200+ difference.

EDIT: Just re-read this and it makes it sound like I'm saying NOT to get titanium. Not at all the case. If I viewed a $500 purchase and thought "no big deal" then I'd get it. I'm not in that kind of financial situation though.

The titanium version is going to lighten up the Cera which some people may want, Its a solid feeling device and the Ti gives it that additional "touch" :-D

Actually not. Titanium is MUCH MUCH more scratch resistant than stainless steel. (And lighter, essentially corrosion proof, and less shiny).

Its nice!

SameOldTim,
Reactions: ShipDit

darkrom

Great Scott!
No one should ever doubt that titanium is nice. Its the "pimp" edition IMO.

darkrom,
Reactions: OF
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom