Discontinued Thermovape Cera (Original thread, closed because of chaos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

doniv

One would usually expect the battery and charger to be included with the kit, since they are required for the functioning of the unit. So I find it surprising that they are charged over and above the already premium $250 for the unit (especially after the pricing was edited from the original $199 :-D)

I would have happily dropped $199 on this with battery & charger included.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Yep, this is definitely on the "in case I win a nice bit of money" list. Probably gonna start looking at a desktop next...

Quetzalcoatl,

TheRobbo

Does any one have any kind of idea how hard it is gonna be to convince the wife that I need to spend the best part of $400 so that I can cut out smoking? It was hard enough to work her up to the $300 odd (which I have now spent on other extra curicular activities) for the T1 and a DART add another $100 and it spells alot of hard work :-(

I guess I'm gonna have to wait till my crop comes in so I can save my weekly budget (Bud-get?). I'm glad I was late for the gen 1 cause I would never be able to get Cera as well, but I just want one so bad and now I sure wont be getting one for Xmas like I thought.

Sorry for the whingeing and moaning, I'm not asking for a discount before the things have even been made yet I just had to get that out of my system, and feel much better now.

I will deffiniatley be getting one of these little beauties as they are as far as I can make out, easily the best (on paper) portable arround at the moment, it will just take a little longer than I had anticipated. Until then I will make do with refreshing this thread 40,000 times a day drooling over pictures and waiting for informed reports from beta testers and early adopters.

R

TheRobbo,

Darb

Wow!! Looks nice.
I feel it will perform well but it would be nice to see a video before dropping almost $700 on the TI version with oil attachment.

Darb,

AdmiralAlpacha

Having to buy the charger and battery separate from the unit seems very strange, I'm still excited however this gives me some thinking to do

I would be sure to make it very obvious that buyers won't receive a battery or charger with it, to reduce the number of upset customers who buy one and can't use it until they wait for a battery to be shipped

AdmiralAlpacha,

natural farmer

Having to buy the charger and battery separate from the unit seems very strange, I'm still excited however this gives me some thinking to do

I would be sure to make it very obvious that buyers won't receive a battery or charger with it, to reduce the number of upset customers who buy one and can't use it until they wait for a battery to be shipped

The upset customers could first buy the batteries and then order the Cera, :lol:

Anyway, I love the design but I won't buy another Thermovape product unless it recharges and heats from a USB... Not all of us have the same needs, right?

natural farmer,

jdee

With a price like that you're gonna make me decide if I want the new Elektron analog synth or this vape, I'm goin Elektron analog synth.

jdee,
Enough complaining about the price.
The battery sounds similar to the AW 2900 cell, but assembled in the USA. Did anyone else notice the "2C" spec? I read this as saying the current the Cera will draw is near 6 amps, implying the new core(?s?) will be about 20-25 watts of power. Also, the page for the oil version now says "Four times the capacity from previous models" which is more than the 2x we had previously been told. I'd also guess the oil and e-liquid versions have both a smaller chamber and uses less power then the loose-leaf version, but...

-NDA

Nick Again,
Reactions: OF

Darb

What advantages would the titanium version have over the stainless?

Darb,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
You know, at first I thought the price was just crazy but after thinking, it's pretty much what the "introductory" price should be. However, the titanium IMO is overpriced to the point the option pretty much goes off the radar for most folks. Also, as stated by many here, the battery and charger should come with the unit as well. Geez, even my $24 high power laser came with 18650 and changer. Charging for the initial battery is kind of twisting the knife and IMO, really doesn't sit well with buyers.
Myself, mostly interested in the concentrate unit which is the same price. Can't see how just buying the Concentrate core even with adapter will work as you still need the mouthpiece and top cover part. Even then would likely look very out of place on a different power handle.
Think I'm going to see how things unfold a bit before taking any plunges just yet. Still curious to see how the insides work.
Any "down the throat" shots Tim? Come on, pull that camera out. :D

Pipes

For the Cera+battery+charger+car thingy = $299.95 :suspicious:
Pretty good price for the basic set up. If she walks as good as she talks,I'm in!

Dogman

Vaporist Extrordinair
When the T1 was first introduced, it was also $250. I think what most of us are forgetting is that $250 is a pretty standard price (IMO) for a lot of the higher quality portable vapes coming out. I paid $250 for my Pax and have had all kinds of issues with it. Issues that I never had with my T1 at the same price point.

These are American made products, not Chinese produced junk, one does not get quality products for a cheap price point. My T1 is almost a year old, gets plenty of usage and the only problem I have ever had was a bad switch, and that was replaced very quickly by Thermovape.

Excellent customer service does not come cheap either. I get so tired of seeing everyone complain about the price, without giving a bit of thought to what it costs to make an extremely high quality American product.

I cannot afford to purchase one of these yet, my wallet is just a little slim, but knowing what I know about Thermovape products, I will have one in my hands by the end of the year.

Congratulations Thermovape, looks like you have produced another winner, good job!

davidwu

No offence TV.... as I love your DART carts, but here is a little advice.

Stop following D9's pricing structure, add on hell, and proprietary threads.

@OF: Thank you for answering my question. It was asked twice and directed directly to TV. Unless you work at TV you couldn't possibly answer my question. I have yet to receive any answer from him on this question? Please... keep up with your opinions, but also... let TV do their job by providing an official answer.

davidwu,

GReYAReA

Amid The Vapors...
Is there officially no FC discount on this? Going to take the plunge and order.

GReYAReA,

davidwu

These are American made products, not Chinese produced junk, one does not get quality products for a cheap price point.

True! Great point. BUT.... There is competition out there. US made products targeted at the e-cig world, that are arguably, better items at better price points. You guys need to expand your research into the e-cig world and make some comparisons.... it's best to be an informed consumer.

davidwu,

Dogman

Vaporist Extrordinair
True! Great point. BUT.... There is competition out there. US made products targeted at the e-cig world, that are arguably, better items at better price points. You guys need to expand your research into the e-cig world and make some comparisons.... it's best to be an informed consumer.
I must agree there is competition out there, BUT there is room in the automobile market for Chevrolets and there is also room for Rolls Royce. When I am vaporizing, I want the Rolls Royce, and do not mind paying for it. My T1 has been the most hassle free vape I own, it works every time. When I have found a company that makes quality products that stand the test of time, I will purchase from them again. When one buys a cheap vaporizer, myself included, one gets what he purchases.

There is always going to be competition and different products produced will fit into different niches. My point is that for $250 one could purchase a Pax or an Inhalator as a nice portable, as long as you trust the life of electronic circuit boards and intelligent chips they are great vapes. Personally, I prefer to keep it simple, no circuit boards to go bad, no logic circuits to malfunction, just a good, solid vape with simple parts and design. IMO, those are going to be the vapes one owns for years and years and will continue to work long after the circuit board vapes are in the dump.

marduk

daydreamer
I hope they put out a mouthpiece with a lip so we can attach tubing to it.

marduk,
Reactions: OF

OF

@OF: Thank you for answering my question. It was asked twice and directed directly to TV. Unless you work at TV you couldn't possibly answer my question. I have yet to receive any answer from him on this question? Please... keep up with your opinions, but also... let TV do their job by providing an official answer.

You're welcome, just trying to pass on what's 'known'. I noticed you'd asked twice, which is why I responded. Feel free to ignore it.

Please rest assured nothing I'm likely to do or say will interfere with what they wish to say or do. FWIW I don't presume to tell them what their job is, they get to market their product and control the information as they see fit where I come from, frustrating as that can be. That is I don't think they're obligated to answer a question just because someone asked, their lack of response is in a way an answer too perhaps?

Several folks asked similar questions along the line of:

One would usually expect the battery and charger to be included with the kit, since they are required for the functioning of the unit.

After a bit of thought I'm going to guess that this is a result of history? Recall back to other 'package' offers, a number of guys came back with '...I already have XXX, can't you take that out' kind of questions. Each of those took special processing (with delays) to be answered. TV made it a policy to break down prices carefully so it was neutral cost wise. Now, I think, we're being offered an 'a la carte' deal? You can still get the full meal at the same price as before but you can order the bits straight from the web page without the former problems.

Lots of us have piles of 18650s charged and waiting....often with 'more than enough' chargers already. In fact one of our more colorful posters has pushed just this point for some time now, I'd hate to see him disappointed yet again....it's sure not to be very pretty.

A couple of thoughts on price, and I fully understand money is very dear these days to many of us, consider the history of T1. The price came down as some of the tooling and development costs got paid off through volume ($50 IIRC?). Likewise, TV has offered several 25% off sales with very generous 'windows' this year alone. If I was a betting man I'd expect a lower price to be available one way or another (perhaps both) for those who can 'afford to wait'.....or I guess in some cases quite literally 'can't afford to not wait'?

Hopefully by then there will be abundant end user reports to help those on the fence with their deliberations?

OF

VapeVoice

I must agree there is competition out there, BUT there is room in the automobile market for Chevrolets and there is also room for Rolls Royce. When I am vaporizing, I want the Rolls Royce, and do not mind paying for it. My T1 has been the most hassle free vape I own, it works every time. When I have found a company that makes quality products that stand the test of time, I will purchase from them again. When one buys a cheap vaporizer, myself included, one gets what he purchases.

There is always going to be competition and different products produced will fit into different niches. My point is that for $250 one could purchase a Pax or an Inhalator as a nice portable, as long as you trust the life of electronic circuit boards and intelligent chips they are great vapes. Personally, I prefer to keep it simple, no circuit boards to go bad, no logic circuits to malfunction, just a good, solid vape with simple parts and design. IMO, those are going to be the vapes one owns for years and years and will continue to work long after the circuit board vapes are in the dump.
You and I must have different versions of the T1 :/ Mine never did what i wanted it to. Hits were whispy at best. Thing got way too hot for my liking. And just never gave me the desired effects I was looking for. That being said I am willing to forget all that and grab a Cera because it sounds like such a great vape. However, I am not willing to pay almost 300 dollars for everything I need to use it. Especially after personally being so disappointed with the T1. I'll let you guys play with it for a while I guess and see where this price ends up at in a couple months.

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Enough complaining about the price.
The battery sounds similar to the AW 2900 cell, but assembled in the USA. Did anyone else notice the "2C" spec? I read this as saying the current the Cera will draw is near 6 amps, implying the new core(?s?) will be about 20-25 watts of power. Also, the page for the oil version now says "Four times the capacity from previous models" which is more than the 2x we had previously been told. I'd also guess the oil and e-liquid versions have both a smaller chamber and uses less power then the loose-leaf version, but...

-NDA

I doubt assembled in the USA means anything other than "We bought these cells from Japan and then wrapped them up"; but that 2C specification is quite interesting. In fact, this new cell could possibly be two 16340 incorporated in a single 18650 sized cell to facilitate the extra power.

CentiZen,

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
I remember tv's e cig line with metal case and all was pushing close to 3 to 4 hundred $, as per delta9 prices you should take them up on the FC discount codes for ealy adopters!!
If you arent able to jump on the FC deals thats not TV or D9V problem!

BLAZING OG,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom