Discontinued Thermovape Cera (Original thread, closed because of chaos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OF

Hey OF can you or your friend who owns the solo do a draw restriction test and if nobody wants to hear comparisons please pm me in stead. You know draw restriction is my biggest thing. Slim will take a long time before he fully forms his opinion which is good but inquiring minds want to know.

Let him have my Cera? Are you out of your mind?

Maybe a supervised visit can be set up. Otherwise I think I can load the solo I have and try at least that much objectively, although I think that might be pretty variable on the solo end? I got stems with 2 and 4 holes for instance.....

I'm not sure that constitutes useful information on it's own, however. Cera oil carts are somewhat restricted, but most would see that as either not a problem or even a good thing. Everything will have some restriction, and that I think varies some with use. What is 'too restriced' is pretty subjective......

Unlike others I don't feel intimidated about offering honest assessments and opinions (properly identified of course) if I have that information and it's useful to others. IMO it should not be a secret.

OF

If I had access to oils I probably would have preordered the cera with oil cart already. I would compare the loose-leaf Cera to a rolex watch. It will last you a lifetime and everything is removable and replaceable and high quality.

Futuretvowner,
Reactions: Tom Funk

vapelvr

You do understand that so far such people don't exist, right? I am one of very few folks who have tried Cera and while I now have the loan of a solo I am by no means familiar enough with it to offer a fair comparison. After the negative comments given to TV for daring to compare their products to others, even by showing an out of focus photo in passing, I surely don't expect them to venture and opinion, do you?

Perhaps SM (who has a unit now and extensive experience with other vapes) can venture an opinion when he's ready, but right now he's the only potential source of this information I know.

Ironically you're asking for the details of exactly what TV was criticized for doing in broad terms seems to me.

OF

As I'm new, I am trying to catchup but may ask some redundant or obvious questions, but I figured there were more people beta testing or evaluatin the Cera and Inhalator units. As you know, this is quite overwhelming for newbies like myself, there is way too much to digest. My apologies if the questions are premature.

OF

As I'm new, I am trying to catchup but may ask some redundant or obvious questions, but I figured there were more people beta testing or evaluatin the Cera and Inhalator units. As you know, this is quite overwhelming for newbies like myself, there is way too much to digest. My apologies if the questions are premature.

That's exactly why I asked if you understood.

I hope you now understand you're not being ignored, it's that the information doesn't exist? For sure no apology is called for for honest questions.....I hope soon, when more guys have them, this sort of information will be freely flowing (or at least we'll have a big old pile of opinions to work with....).

OF

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Well I have used most of the portables in question, long enough to think I have a pretty good idea of how they perform under average cirumstances, so as soon as I have a Cera in my hands, I will be comparing it somewhat to what I know already. Of course we are ways out from being there, as far as I know only a couple of test units are out right now

Oh, and for OF if you want to do a restriction comparison to the Solo use the 4 hole stem, that is what most people have these days.

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
Let him have my Cera? Are you out of your mind?

Maybe a supervised visit can be set up. Otherwise I think I can load the solo I have and try at least that much objectively, although I think that might be pretty variable on the solo end? I got stems with 2 and 4 holes for instance.....

I'm not sure that constitutes useful information on it's own, however. Cera oil carts are somewhat restricted, but most would see that as either not a problem or even a good thing. Everything will have some restriction, and that I think varies some with use. What is 'too restriced' is pretty subjective......

Unlike others I don't feel intimidated about offering honest assessments and opinions (properly identified of course) if I have that information and it's useful to others. IMO it should not be a secret.

OF

OK, as the "guy in question" let me comment. Thanks to OF I have tried the Cera. I only tried the oil cart because I had to function after my get together with OF and I couldn't overdo it. So I didn't get to the herb cart. But based on a lot of previous experience with TV's products the draw shouldn't be a problem. I did loan him a Solo to do some experimenting, but I know his "experimenting" plate is pretty full right now.

Hopefully we'll be getting together again soon and I'll get to try out the herb cart too.

General impression is: very impressive and very effective. Slightly smaller than I expected, but a very solid feel and "heft". OF has commented on its particulars already. I can't really imagine that the majority of buyers will be unhappy with it, but we all have different experiences with the same equipment.

A year ago a friend told me about this new type of vape some guy (Noah or Tim perhaps) was demonstrating in a bar. Took a while to track it down, but I got in pretty early (my T1 isn't numbered even) and have enjoyed the ride and its many developments all year. Now we're looking a a rather large leap forward just one year later.

I suppose the real question is how will they be topping the Cera one year from now?

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
OF I would never expect you to loan it without an appointed guardian or full security force. We can't trust Sinclue, just kidding. Thanks for the report Sinclue.

OF

We can't trust Sinclue, just kidding.

Who's kidding?

You think it's OK, I get that. But you never met him, did you?

Well, neither did Will Rogers......

Keeping an eye on him is just good thinking if you asked me.

OF

OF,
Reactions: ShipDit

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
Who's kidding?

You think it's OK, I get that. But you never met him, did you?

Well, neither did Will Rogers......

Keeping an eye on him is just good thinking if you asked me.

OF

Ouch...guess I'll have to consider the remote detonation device I built into the Solo I loaned you....

Tom Funk

Hey OF can you or your friend who owns the solo do a draw restriction test and if nobody wants to hear comparisons please pm me in stead. You know draw restriction is my biggest thing. Slim will take a long time before he fully forms his opinion which is good but inquiring minds want to know.

Hey Dreamerr,
I'm thinking that you don't really need a direct comparison of the Cera and the Solo to answer your question. OF has already stated that the draw of the Cera is pretty similar to the T1 at its best - perhaps a bit less restricted at some draw speeds. I think if you get a comparison between a loosely loaded, unclogged T1 and the Solo (Jam should be able to help with this) you will have a pretty good indication.

Like you I get headaches when the restriction is too great. I don't have a problem with the T1 when it is working well. I don't think it's anything like drinking a thick shake through a straw. I have had problems when it is clogged/overloaded or when using the Rev mouthpiece. Ironically, I sometimes have problems with the Evo. I think this is more to do with me drawing to long and tensing up while drawing when it is not working for me. I actually find that the little bit of resistance the T1 has makes things easier for me and lessens my chance of getting headaches.

TF

JCat

Accessory Maker
Thank you for donating your brain cells to this great cause.:smug:
Well if they're vaping cannabis seems to me that actually has some regenerative properties as far as brain cells are concerned if I remember right ... think I read that somewhere over the course of the last year (sigh ... even on FC the brainwashing of reefer madness persists! :))

JCat,
Reactions: Darb

vapelvr

I would like to know, please post!!

vapelvr,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
My brain hasn't been washed yet. It's pretty dirty.
touche
touche me right there. yea, that's the spot
on another note. illuminated switch or not? i thought at first it was like a small flashlight, but it looks like it's just an indicator? got enough ways to test if batts work already so is there another reason i am missing?

EDiT - to throw a log on the .....FIRE!

PB88123

Vaporist
on another note. illuminated switch or not? i thought at first it was like a small flashlight, but it looks like it's just an indicator? got enough ways to test if batts work already so is there another reason i am missing?

The illuminated switch is a 3rd way to tell if the device is on or not. You have the side switch with the color on one side to tell if the safety is on or off. Then you can feel the bottom button to see if it is pressed in (on) or not. The illuminated switch is a blue (I think) LED. It may come in handy for some people but for me I think I can feel the button on the bottom to see if it is on or off.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I plan on getting a lit up switch at some point, I just had to cap my first purchase, and will add a few extras after the fact. I am just happy to be able to get in on this first run. :D I am also very interested in seeing what they come up with for skins, some kind of grip, rubbery material might be nice :brow: and color choices would be great too... demanding bunch aren't we?? :whip:

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
I'm doing the illuminated switch. I figured at the amount already spent, what's another 25 bux to pimp my ride? :cool:
Hey Tweek,
Wondering if you ever found out why you do not still get to keep the original switch?
Just seems kind of odd.

Pipes

Pipes,
Reactions: ShipDit
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom