Discontinued Thermovape Cera (Original thread, closed because of chaos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OF

I appreciate the honest info, I did get the feeling like the flower Cera wasn't the giant-killer that the oil Cera was, more of an ultimate way to stretch your supply (small bowl efficiency?)

It's interesting the the Bender is a better producer, but I'm still tempted by the control of the pwm Inhalator...

Thanks very much, it's nice to know the effort is worth it to folks.

While not the jaw dropper cloud wise the oil cart is, IMO the herb version does just fine. Bender gave me thicker vapor for sure but much harder to control. It also didn't seem to work for me with the more modest loads I use. It was 'demanding' half a gram or more at a time. I got my best action at about 3/4 gram, to the top of the inner dome. Cera is happy with a small fraction of that. Guys that 'need' huge doses are going to need to load more bud into it than Cera can hold IMO. Bender probably gets the advantage there.

No opinion on Inhalator, never seen one.

thank you yes you are right i knew it was something and that OF does not no everything!

Actually that would be "OF doesn't know everything". And no I don't, of course. Never claimed to, thanks for noticing. I do try to help folks with honest, accurate information when I can and am willing to back it up.

OF

PDwasmy1st

So the average user will spend about 40-50 dollars more than a PAX...does not seem that out of the ordinary for pricing. Still have to judge its performance, but if we were looking at materials, I would say the Cera is a better value.
The Pax is pretty terrible so that's no measure

PDwasmy1st

The fact that it's terrible (your own opinion) is a perfect measure. You are getting better bang for your buck with a Cera.
Noway man i have no opinon as you see i get shot down everytime in here by so called no=.-it-alls, im not biest im going off of untold posts saying about all its problems. like iolite it will have it lovers. yes i knew i'd get that response but im saying the pax to me isnt worth nowhere near that amount and will drop in price.

PDwasmy1st,

OF

Noway man i have no opion as you see i get shot down everytime, im not biest im going off of untold posts saying about all its problems. like iolite it will have it lovers

You'll understand, I hope, that some folks will take your statement "The Pax is pretty terrible..." to be an opinion? You sure don't mean to say it's a provable fact?

Noting wrong with opinions. Sometimes you might get asked why you think so though.

OF

OF,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Enough about the Pax, it has its own thread. This is the Cera thread.

pakalolo,

vapelvr

So, OF what do you reckon so far? Can the Cera be the one vaporizer for home and out for someone who needs a one "perfect" vape?

That is basically the same type of quest I've been on as well. I want the perfect Vape (s)!! But, I dont' have unlimited funds and am trying to make sure I cover all the bases or find at least the couple best ones out there. I have a couple of Pens that work well for dabbing, but I just got the Persei with the Herc chamber which I am just starting to learn how to use. Is there anything the Cera can do that I don't have covered already?

As for dry herb, I am quite happy with the Solo, but it seems there may be better devices, the Cera and Inhalator both are ones I'm quite impressed with all the initial info out there.

So, as a point of reference, if we are speaking of performance and not really factoring in size or stealth issues, can anyone comment on how the Cera herb chamber performs compared to the inhalator (which I was considering til I saw this), as well as the Solo?

I also have an Underdog, so between the Solo and the Underdog, I have been VERY happy with the dry herb side of things, but would like to know what the Cera might offer in contrast.

and talking about concentrates, How would the Cera oil cartridge compare with the persei and persei with the herc to cover both dry and oil?

Inhalator and the VapeXhale cloud were on my radar next, so I am trying to figure out how to cover all the bases without going overboard. It appears some of you on here have the fortune of being able to get one (or more) of everything, so I was hoping someone out there can share some insights.

And, another $350ish seems like a lot to put out, but not if it can save me from needing some of these other devices I'm intrigued with. So, does the Cera outperform the above units in any noticeable and significant ways?

And finally, I'm very frugal and wanting to make sure that in order to achieve the Vapor Nirvana that everyone on here seems to be going for, is there a device among all of these or any other that does it the most "efficiently"?

I am extremely happy with the efficiency of the solo and overall quantity, how much more herb do you use with the Cera than with the Solo? I can tell already that I'm definitely going through my oil much faster in the Persei so efficiency is a big question now.

So those are my 4 primary areas of curiosity, any input will be appreciated.

1. Quantity & Density and ability to control volume of vapor.
2. Quality of flavor, (I'm having a learning curve with the pens and the Persei to not overcook a little on occasion).
3. Efficiency - best bang for the buck: I know some of these are going to require a lot of material to perform at the levels some of you experts require. i'm just not sure where I'm at yet but trying to determine that as we speak and definitely enjoying the ride til I figure it out......

4. Ease of use - loading, cleaning, etc., ease of maintenance overall.
Thanks again all!

bopper

So I saw somewhere that the attachments for the cera are 510 threaded?
Is that correct?

Does that mean if I already have a number of large 510 threaded e-cigs I would get away with just buying the oil catridge?
Would I need a mouthpiece or anything else if I wanted to do this?

If memory serves, only the top/output side of the EO cart (and presumably the Liquid cart as well) fits drip tips and other adapters for 510 series e-cigs.

Best,

bopper

OF

If memory serves, only the top/output side of the EO cart (and presumably the Liquid cart as well) fits drip tips and other adapters for 510 series e-cigs.

Yes, that's my understanding as well. The oil cart I have now has a drip tip on it (came that way in fact), however the Cera MP and cap also fit it should you want.

I assume the juice cart is the same, haven't seen one yet, but I understand it's the same as the oil cart with different ceramic sponge material and lower powered heater. I could be off there.

OF

OF,

PDwasmy1st

You'll understand, I hope, that some folks will take your statement "The Pax is pretty terrible..." to be an opinion? You sure don't mean to say it's a provable fact?

Noting wrong with opinions. Sometimes you might get asked why you think so though.

OF
Thing is i started this by merely saying $100 for an extra cart is steep when the whole cera costs $250 am i on my own then :(

PDwasmy1st,

OF

Thing is i started this by merely saying $100 for an extra cart is steep when the whole cera costs $250 am i on my own then :(

Understood. Again, the Hercules is the same price, Bender twice. If you remove the cart part (which you really have to do if you want to add that cost in again) it's only $150 for Cera. Again, a 'dual use' system would be $350 for Cera, $400 with charger and battery. $500 for Persei, Hercules and Bender. It's all relative. And which is best is often based on individual values. Each guy gets to 'vote with his wallet' which IMO is a good thing on many fronts.

The topic you responded to above was something else again...about Pax although I'm not sure how it got in here.

OF

OF,

Tweek

The topic you responded to above was something else again...about Pax although I'm not sure how it got in here.

OF

The same way your example of the Persei systems got in here...as an example of other products in the price range. I used to think Cera was expensive as well, but then took stock of what I had in my collection, the cost and the quality of each, etc...made me realize that at least from a material perspective, you are getting a good value with Cera.

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
I ordered one TET battery, and also have 2x the Orbtronic 18650s to use for now, that should be sufficient, I hope.

I looked up the Orbtronic specs online this was what I found... do these look good enough?

ECsTj.jpg
Jam gettin' all orbitronic on us n' shit...

PB88123

Vaporist
So those are my 4 primary areas of curiosity, any input will be appreciated.

2. Quality of flavor, (I'm having a learning curve with the pens and the Persei to not overcook a little on occasion).
3. Efficiency - best bang for the buck: I know some of these are going to require a lot of material to perform at the levels some of you experts require. i'm just not sure where I'm at yet but trying to determine that as we speak and definitely enjoying the ride til I figure it out......

Thanks again all!

Hey, I'll try to hit most of your points and let you know what I think. Lots of questions so hopefully it all makes sense.

Sounds like you have the oil and herb set up going so I'll try to hit some points on what may be different from what you already have and try to compare it to some other models in a general way to the Cera.

Herb performance. I have only used the SSV, ThermoVape T1 and a log vape but follow other threads. Between the Cera LL and INH - INH you can load anywhere from .15g-.30g and with the Cera .10g-.20g. From reading both threads it sounds like both are pretty resistant to combustion. Of course if you put too much in and/or inhale too slowly you may get some black specs (not ash). The Cera LL is convection so you draw air over the heater and through the herb. Someone needs to pack the Cera and leave it on for 5 minutes and don't inhale and see what happens. When you don't inhale your bowl won't cook. The first hits in the Cera are to get the contents in the bowl to vaporizing temp. I just take quick 3-5 second inhales and exhale until I see vapor then begin my long inhale which should only take 40 seconds before you start your first long inhale. With the INH it is a little bit of convection and conduction. The advantage of that is after the warm up period (60-75 seconds depending on the temp you pick) the first hit should be good quality vapor as the capsule heats up and can heat up the herb quicker. So in the end you might get vapor a few seconds quicker with the Cera after getting the contents to temp but with the INH the first hit is good vapor. The INH has an internal battery and electronics. So there is a chance it could go haywire (looks like it rarely happens though but you don't know about long term). If the battery goes bad you have to open it yourself to change it or send it in. The INH charges with a USB cord so that's nice. The Cera has no electronics and a removable battery. So you can have as many bowls as you want assuming you have enough batteries. 1 temp with the Cera and you control it by how you inhale. Cera cleaning wise is easy. INH sounds like it doesn't need to be cleaned often and it is easy to do when needed. So it comes down to what features you want in a vaporizer between the INH and Cera I say.

Cera to Solo. If you know how the Solo works and how the Cera works one should be able to make a decision.

Cera and Underdog. I say this set up would work well together for a home / portable unit. With the log vape you really just hold it over a stem and inhale and it milks a tube pretty quick. With the Cera the draw is a little more restrictive so it takes a little longer to milk a tube but works in the same concept. If you have a log vape I feel one would be happy with a Cera.

Cera Oil to Persei Oil. I've only read info on both and the Persei Oil carts never really excited me and made me want to use oils. Leaks lead to wasted money and clogs / carts dying with oil still inside. When I first started looking for a portable vaporizer nothing really excited me till the ThermoVape T1. When ThermoVape released their first oil carts I still wasn't too excited. It isn't an easy task to make an oil vape but when I saw the Cera my eyes lit up. It looks easy to load, easy to use, hopefully no leaks and no clogs (so far none). Looks like we can be more aggressive when cleaning the Cera so hopefully they continue to work the same as day 1. I will let other people use them and report back on how they work just to make sure it doesn't have any problems. With the Persei herc cart it looks like the removable tanks to change concentrates on the fly is a good idea. It sounds like there are still some bugs and it takes a lot of oil so that turned me away (although that is subjective). Looks like some Persei leak proof carts are coming but I'll wait and see. I don't really want to use disposable carts either but I will say it is a smart business move as you get people coming back to buy more which in turns makes you money. So I'm hoping the Cera oil cart will work over and over again and not degrade in performance so it is only a 1 time purchase because I can see myself spending over $100 on carts.

The cloud vaporizer is a good home unit. Bigger bowl, good extraction but there is the warm up period. If it breaks you gotta send it in. The glass tube could break if you are not careful.

Does the Cera outperform other devices. I say right now the Cera Oil may just outperform all the other oil devices (overall, not just at 1 thing). So if one was to get that then an extra hundred gets you a loose leaf cart too. For the loose leaf cart there are other vapes that out perform it. Of course you have to take into account how much you load and how hot the device is (the hotter it is the quicker your bowl is done, better the vapor on exhale looks). With the Cera you can load .10g and get 8-10 hits. So like 100 hits a gram? Some other vapes I'm sure you can finish a gram in 10 hits (high temp, long inhale). It depends on the person and how much they need at one time. If you go with the Cera by the 60 second mark you should be blowing out your first normal size hit and diving back in for the next 2-5 hits over the next 90-100 seconds I say. With the no stir design and no clogging design you shouldn't need to open it. Throw some bubble hash in and you may get 20+ hits without ever opening it or changing the battery.

Frugal. I am too. With the T1 I made an ounce last 4 months. It comes down to like 20 hits a day. Make an ounce last 2 months and hit the Cera 40 times a day. Just load .10g and hit it at least 10 times. Add some kief for some extra hits.

Not sure how much herb you use with the Solo. Just think of the Cera - .1g = 10 hits. Of course it may be different for different people (herb quality, how big the hit is, how fast they inhale.)

Finally.

1. Cera - Long slow inhale if you want dense vapor. Ways to control the volume of vapor - inhale faster / slower, pack more / less. Towards the end of the hit inhale a bit faster to get more vapor in your lungs if you want to cough.

2. Flavor is really good. Cera is really resistant to combustion. You may get black specs at first as you are learning the best way to hit it.

3. I believe if you want to make your stash go farther the Cera will help. It comes down to you controlling how much you pack, how often you hit. It will deliver vapor and for me at least 4-5 hits is enough for a couple hours. Some days I may want to hit it more and some days I may just need 5 hits all day. Don't go crazy and your stash will last longer. If you can get your hands on bubble hash you can throw some in to make a bowl last longer. Also when not inhaling the contents in the bowl won't cook so you don't have to worry about your stash going up in vapor when not inhaling like other vapes.

4. Ease of use. Can't get much easier with the Cera. Pull the top off. Stuff the bowl. Push the top back on and go. No stirring, no clogging. If dirty you can boil it or let it soak in ISO or blowtorch.

OF

Someone needs to pack the Cera and leave it on for 5 minutes and don't inhale and see what happens. I think the bowl should still be green. The first hits in the Cera are to get the contents in the bowl to vaporizing temp.

Excellent post, well thought through, thanks.

I can help you with the above. I ran that test, like you suggest it got hot. No vapor came out that I noticed and a very tiny bit right against the bottom was a slightly different color, but IMO there was no vaping going on until you start to pull. And it shuts down just as fast. I could sip at the bowl for 15 minutes without exhausting it, it could probably just sit there until the battery went flat.

Pretty keen machine, seems to do what it set out to.

OF

JoeKickass

The Pax is pretty terrible so that's no measure

:lol:

Performance-wise, it's incredible. It's hard to notice the users that have no problems though since the people with issues are quite vocal, I hold nothing against them, I would want a working Pax badly too :)

JoeKickass,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I am ramping up in my excitement to try the Cera out. After getting to use so many other portables, I think I have narrowed down what I really want from a vape, and I am very hopeful this Cera will be the one to fill those requirements. It was ridiculous how fast things fell into place for me to be able to pre-order... why resist when things are going that smoothly, eh?

I am also curious to see more on the LL, I think that is on the way when these guys get the next vids together.

jdee

I know that my titanium pads produce titanium oxide after being repeatedly heated to a glowing red, wouldn't the Ti oil cart do the same?

jdee,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations PB88123,

{Sauter à 2:00!...}

Oh my goodness!! There's ZERO chances i'll ever want a Cera if i must clean it that way!...

109.gif

Excellent promotional video, while i'm at it!!
71.gif

Quite frankly, don't count on me as i'd insist to do it WITHOUT having to rely on fire or i'd just quit vaporism altogether instead! I keep Bic butane lighters in a few corners but i don't intend to include in a hobby such potential hasard as that associated with INTENSE FIRE, especially when stone... Torches should remain in a garage or in a kitchen at best, euh... Well, i happen to vaporize elsewhere, so it's not even an option.

As a matter of fact i've got just the right tool anyway:

That machine runs on 115 Volts A.C. and will fit anywhere a laser printer would.

So, instead of a Titanium version i guess what i need is some yet-to-conceive Thermovape made of a selected Curie alloy (Phytherm 230 or Supra 36 perhaps?)...

:2c:

Now if they do that i might feel involved!

:peace:

Egzoset,

fake name

Jdee, I don't think it gets as bot as heating up a nail with a torch. Many peoplensuggest letting the nail cool down before the actual dab, so the 2500° f shouldn't be necessary that you get from butane. I don't know what temp the cera gets to, but I don't imagine it would be excessive of ti, or steels oxidation point.

fake name,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom