Discontinued Thermovape Cera (Original thread, closed because of chaos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Yes.

Here is what I have on my list for the Cera Loose Leaf Videos:

1. Shorter Inhalations - Target inhale times based on what you guys would do normally would be appreciated.

2. Use wiith a water tool

3. Break down and assembly

4. Pressed solid concentrate vapor demo

We will have time today to shoot, so anything else Loose-Leaf sepcific that you want to see soon, let us know.

Cheers!

Noah

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
So happy SM is getting a demo unit, reading about the cera is one thing but in this day in age we need videos and pics!
Thank you slightly medicated, for your videos are awesome and have helped me more than just descriptive writing!

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
everything looks awesome Noah! Bet that vapour is tasty, you've got a great job. Are you using the kind in your videos? I see some ground up american spirits, yuck :ko: Can we see a 5 second draw and then an 8-10 second inhale after a nice 30 second warm up and after a few starter hits to get the botanicals up to temp? Love what you're doing, I can't imagine the feedback requests and FC follwing you've incorporated but it must have been an adventure to make portable convection look this good! Can't wait to see some glass milk shots next.
Now get back to work, I couldn't imagine browsing FC for my business!

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
I'd love to see the Illuminated switch in action?

Probably won't be able to get this done today. This will go on the list for the weekend or next week. Simple ring of blue light when the safety is deactivated and the switch is depressed. It does not provide any indication other then the circuit is complete and that there is power to the core. No changing colors or charge level indicator. There is no internal circuitry or PCB as we see these as a source of failure. Just a simply ring of LED illumination. Dead simple and reliable. We will get one put together and some video shot soon.

OF

So happy SM is getting a demo unit, reading about the cera is one thing but in this day in age we need videos and pics!
Thank you slightly medicated, for your videos are awesome and have helped me more than just descriptive writing!

Yes, I fully agree. SM has a true flair for videos, he takes it real seriously, top flight gear to shoot with, good 'set', well thought through scripts. Some good stuff coming for sure.

Also, IIRC, he's a big cloud expert (?) which is a perspective asked for by many. While I'm no authority in the area by any means, this morning's session has confirmed for me he'll have something to work with. It was surprisingly easy to get thicker vapor than I really wanted. I kept instinctively backing off again......

Next time. I'll do better next time. Cera is doing just fine.

OF

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Yes, I fully agree. SM has a true flair for videos, he takes it real seriously, top flight gear to shoot with, good 'set', well thought through scripts. Some good stuff coming for sure.

Also, IIRC, he's a big cloud expert (?) which is a perspective asked for by many. While I'm no authority in the area by any means, this morning's session has confirmed for me he'll have something to work with. It was surprisingly easy to get thicker vapor than I really wanted. I kept instinctively backing off again......

Next time. I'll do better next time. Cera is doing just fine.

OF
,thanks
Between you TET SM and a few others ,iam impatiently waiting to be a proud owner of a cera ,thanks to all who have put there time in to inform us on these amazing products

OF,your writing skills paint a vivid picture!

BLAZING OG,
Reactions: OF

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Ok my two cents on video requests. I want to see as kushcabbage does, a 30 second warm up, a 5 second hit and a 10 second hit. No repeated hits like Noah was doing hit let some out hit nooooooooooo in case I wasn't clear lol.

Ok so you vape then smoke ciggs wtf:shrug:. You must be an athlete minus the ciggs cause I can't believe how much you can inhale. I disagree with paka but I can't tell time. I had that last inhale at a minute five seconds. I also had the "SHORT" inhale at 13 seconds still a long one for some of us.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: ShipDit

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
The Cera, if ran flat out can certainly get hot enough you would want it to cool down. We never have claimed to make a vaporizer that did not get hot. This is a ~15 Watt convection vaporizer. People should expect it to get [sic]

I assume you meant "to get hot." People expect parts of their vapourizer to get hot. They don't expect the whole unit to get too hot to hold onto. I asked because OF posted these comments:

It was also getting impossible to hold onto. I was hanging on the last inch of the body and the metal end cap before I carefully pushed the button off and set it down.

Depending on the variable at play, running flat out with no air being drawn through it (Not how it is intended to be used), would be between 3.5 - 15 minutes.

Hot enough that you would want to let it sit for a 3-5 minutes to cool off. The Cera heats up steady, and cools down steady. It will not all of a sudden get too hot to touch, it would slowly continue to increase in temperature until at some point you would want to put it down.

I know that's not how it is intended to be used, and of course it heats up gradually so you'd put it down if it got uncomfortable. What I'm concerned about is what might happen if it gets put down and left on. Does it get hot enough to hurt? Startle someone who might pick it up into dropping it?

I'll see what I can do. Shorter draws. What would your typical time of inhalation be?

Mine is 8-10 seconds. Anywhere from there to 15 seconds is more typical in my circle of vaporists, and 20 seconds is long. This matches up fairly well with what I've observed in most other vapourizing videos.

Sorry you did not like the video. We made this video as a response to be asking for a demonstration of techniques to get more vapor production. If you would like a demo of lower temp vaping we can work on that as well. Our goal will be to produce videos that answer people questions or requests. We find it very difficult to shoot a good video that shows everything the device can do in one 10 minute span. We are going to chunk it down into more 1 topic videos.

You can certainly get low temperature tasty vapor. This is bread and butter Cera territory. This we can deliver all day. Much more so then a part-vape fog-machine this is the intended application of the technology. I also agree it is very hard to demo in a video.

Well I didn't single out your video, I said I disliked all the videos that cater to the idea that people vapourize in order to exhale huge clouds. I would definitely appreciate a video highlighting the low temperature strengths of the Cera, especially if you consider that to be its bread and butter.

You may be missing how the Cera works. You have total, absolute control over the temperature. The Cera can be easily run to produe no visible vapor, or dense visible vapor, and anywhere in between. From the absolute lowest limit of vaporization temperatures to near combustion. Temperature control is easily achevied by:

1. Warm-Up time: 5-10 seconds for a lower temperature start, and more flavor. 20-30 seconds for a warmer start and denser vapor.

2. Inhalation speed. This alone can be used to adjust the temperature, as this is a convection vaporizer you have a lot of control by how you choose/prefer to move air through the Cera.

3. The activation button. Like the T1 the Cera has some power to spare (we have to account that some people live in sub-zero temperatures, altitude, high humidity environments etc.). So once the desired type of vapor is acheived using steps 1 and 2 above. The device can easily be turned off/turned on i.e. "pulsed" if desired. This keeps the device cooler, and increases battery life, and is another way that temperature can be controlled.

I think I might have come across temperature control through breath technique somewhere else. I guess what I'm missing is how quickly your heater changes temperature when you pull on it, and by how much. I assume the heater is limited so that it can't reach combustion, right?

pakalolo,
Reactions: vorrange

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
I believe the American spirit is probably to vape with since it's one of the few box brands that are all natural iirc.

At least I hope that's what's it's for :ninja:

Puffers,
Reactions: OF

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
No he was smoking during the time lapse. You can see the smoke he was blowing out unless he was using another vape after he said he was done and needed a break.

Dreamerr,

Dogman

Vaporist Extrordinair
Probably won't be able to get this done today. This will go on the list for the weekend or next week. Simple ring of blue light when the safety is deactivated and the switch is depressed. It does not provide any indication other then the circuit is complete and that there is power to the core. No changing colors or charge level indicator. There is no internal circuitry or PCB as we see these as a source of failure. Just a simply ring of LED illumination. Dead simple and reliable. We will get one put together and some video shot soon.
No electronics means it will last a long time!:tup:

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Heat is a big issue for me. The T1 would turn into a hot iron after use, which made it very difficult to toss into ones pocket at a moments notice.
Trying to vape hash in my Ultra made me laugh, and made me worried I'd burn my lips... warm enough to evap a drop of water on the outside body of the atty, although I saw no steam. Have to remember to set it down and not touch from where the mouthpiece goes in, to where the switch housing ends. Then again the unit is pretty small and not really the best to use hash with... I probably wouldn't be too keen on throwing my Ultra in my pocket after something like that.

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Ok my two cents on video requests. I want to see as kushcabbage does, a 30 second warm up, a 5 second hit and a 10 second hit. No repeated hits like Noah was doing hit let some out hit nooooooooooo in case I wasn't clear lol.

Ok so you vape then smoke ciggs wtf:shrug:. You must be an athlete minus the ciggs cause I can't believe how much you can inhale. I disagree with paka but I can't tell time. I had that last inhale at a minute five seconds. I also had the "SHORT" inhale at 13 seconds still a long one for some of us.

I quit smoking in 2009, using a vaporizer, I still use I use glycerol based vaping for my nicotine delivery. I do not vape the tobacco shown from the cigarette in the video. The tobacco was shown for demonstration of grind size. I'll just say that tobacco would generate a thinner vapor then te material I demonstrated with. ;)

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
No he was smoking during the time lapse. You can see the smoke he was blowing out unless he was using another vape after he said he was done and needed a break.

That was my Glycerol Nicotine vape. I needed a break from the non-nicotine action the Cera was delivering....

I'm in the process of finally putting my order together and have a couple questions left.
If I order the illuminated switch,would that take the place of the stock one,or would I have a spare?
I may have been hallucinating (happens a lot), but did Tim mention an AC. adapter on the way,if so could ya give us a time frame?
I know you folks have more accessories in the works....any chance of a few "previews".....please?
Hey could you settle a bet I made? Is it true Of wears diapers in public,or does he only do that while testing?
Also is he paid by the word,or do you just beat the shit out of him until he posts exactly what you tell him?
Either way it's nice to see you hire the handicapped.:)

OF

I assume you meant "to get hot." People expect parts of their vapourizer to get hot. They don't expect the whole unit to get too hot to hold onto. I asked because OF posted these comments:

Actually I only made one of those comments (which is why they might be confusing?). Running it too long, IIRC about 20 minutes (like half the total battery charge), gets you down to the last inch or two of ceramic and the metal and it starts getting awkward. Later I reported that was a kind of self regulating that forced shorter, more intense, sessions. Or shutting it down between hits should work to the total on time stayed under 20 (or what ever). Actually, at five on and five off you could probably go through entire batteries, perhaps even 'forever'.....like in flight fueling your bombers. Sorta. The last few tests have been more like five minutes, much different. You can pull the cap off directly at that point without worry.

It's not painted orange and labeled anywhere, but it gets warm in normal use. Others can weigh in on how hot warm is, but IMO it's not a glaring safety issue. Then again, there's McDonald's coffee for a precedent.

Heat is a big issue for me. The T1 would turn into a hot iron after use, which made it very difficult to toss into ones pocket at a moments notice.

I tried this a couple of times now, actually. Aside from it's physical size I had no problems at all getting it into a pants pocket. It's long enough so a bunch of junk in the pocket prevents this, but if you keep it empty for emergency use that's not an issue. It's very heavy, the end is rounded enough, get it started in and let 'er go! Almost magician fast. However, the hot part is now up, you have to think carefully about grabbing it quickly again. Otherwise even the thin fabric of the liner coupled with being a bit loose in fit and I was fine. Getting it out quick, however, is an awkward two hand deal the way I did it. Push it up with one and pinch it between thumb and finger to pull it free. I worked that one out on the fly when I dropped it into the wrong pocket by mistake.

Shirt pockets work too, but it's heavy so your shirt hangs funny.

At five minutes or less (the most likely case??) I don't think there's any need for worry. It's warm, big deal. Nothing like T1, but then again you can't run T1 15 minutes straight. Or even five? It's like three times the power and worse insulation by probably about the same? Heat leaks out of that almost as fast as you can put it in.....which is I guess why it burns through the batteries.

OF

OF,
Reactions: Tweek

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
I'm in the process of finally putting my order together and have a couple questions left.
If I order the illuminated switch,would that take the place of the stock one,or would I have a spare?

In goes in place of the non-illuminated. So no spare. Good for >1,000,000 cycles...
I may have been hallucinating (happens a lot), but did Tim mention an AC. adapter on the way,if so could ya give us a time frame?
This will happen. Not before Christmass. High priority for us.

I know you folks have more accessories in the works....any chance of a few "previews".....please?
Well, historically we like to have you guys get you hands on them, and then tell us what you would like us to make. We evealuate teh requests and if we can do it, we will.

Here is what you can count on:
1. A silicon insulating bumper, in at least black. So for maximum thermal insulation, maximum impact resisitance, and for those that want black for stealth, this accesory will be the ticket. We should have these ready to ship with the first group of preorder Cera's.

2. The option of having the safety being a selectable switch, or a removable safety pin. The latter option would allow people to completely remove the safety in, and use it only for storage o travel. Aesthetically the look will not change much. The safety switch option is not removable, the safety pin would be. We will show a video of the difference. Pre-order folks will be able to decide whcih option they would prefer. expect a video demo of that option in the next few days (its on the list). This will be available with the first shipment fo Cera's. No price difference.

3. AC Power Supply. Early 2013.

4. Us being excited, and eager to hear what else you envision as being valuable accessories.

Hey could you settle a bet I made? Is it true Of wears diapers in public,or does he only do that while testing?
I would never meet in person, what if he tried something? I have been accused of holding his family captive, despite the complete lack of any evidence of my direct involvement...

we just email. Sometimes Tim will send me pictures of him testing.

OFDungeon.jpg

Also is he paid by the word,or do you just beat the shit out of him until he posts exactly what you tell him?

I just talk about how hard it must be to be away from his family, and that I am sure his family misses him... we never really talk about vaping.

Cheers.

(Photo update of OF at work courtesy of JamBand worldwide productions)

NoName

Here is what you can count on:
1. A silicon insulating bumper, in at least black. So for maximum thermal insulation, maximum impact resisitance, and for those that want black for stealth, this accesory will be the ticket. We should have these ready to ship with the first group of preorder Cera's.

2. The option of having the safety being a selectable switch, or a removable safety pin. The latter option would allow people to completely remove the safety in, and use it only for storage o travel. Aesthetically the look will not change much. The safety switch option is not removable, the safety pin would be. We will show a video of the difference. Pre-order folks will be able to decide whcih option they would prefer. expect a video demo of that option in the next few days (its on the list). This will be available with the first shipment fo Cera's. No price difference.

3. AC Power Supply. Early 2013.

4. Us being excited, and eager to hear what else you envision as being valuable accessories.

Cheers,

Hi Noah,

1. Estimated cost of silicon sleeve?

2. Re: safety switch(es). Interesting idea. Look forward to video.

3. AC Power Supply? Hooray!!

4. Ms. Jam was once kind enough to post a picture of a flashlight head attachment (Sabertouch perhaps?) that some might find useful whilst going through security. A possibility??

5. You mentioned that you hoped to have perhaps 100 of the SS CERA'S assembled soon (end of the weekend?) . Hope you're going to show some love (LOL) to TITANIUM!!!!

Thank you in advance. This is going to be EPIC!!

NoName

NoName,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Actually I only made one of those comments (which is why they might be confusing?). Running it too long, IIRC about 20 minutes (like half the total battery charge), gets you down to the last inch or two of ceramic and the metal and it starts getting awkward. Later I reported that was a kind of self regulating that forced shorter, more intense, sessions. Or shutting it down between hits should work to the total on time stayed under 20 (or what ever). Actually, at five on and five off you could probably go through entire batteries, perhaps even 'forever'.....like in flight fueling your bombers. Sorta. The last few tests have been more like five minutes, much different. You can pull the cap off directly at that point without worry.

It's not painted orange and labeled anywhere, but it gets warm in normal use. Others can weigh in on how hot warm is, but IMO it's not a glaring safety issue. Then again, there's McDonald's coffee for a precedent.

Somehow I messed up. The other quote from you is:

While I obviously can hold it (I haven't dropped it yet) it gets uncomfortable to hold progressively as you run it. Heat works down from the core so hitting it makes no difference, I left it running with no load and it still got as hot in the same time frame. The MP heat depends on draw. The cap, more than the MP, gets too hot first. However I've stuck an inch long piece of tube on mine and that moves the hot part far enough away so it's not an issue.

There's also a paragraph of my response missing but damned if I can remember exactly what I said. It probably doesn't matter.

pakalolo,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom