Discontinued Thermovape Alpha Ultralite

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
what can I use to polish up my ultralite? I noticed its looking pretty dingy lately.
so i got the ultra over the last break. beats the ultra light in every way but size. woulda preferred aw imr batts and the charger advertised, but whatever. they did include a polishing cloth. probably could get them to send ya one w/ ur next purchase. (or maybe a pm to tim might get ya a free one)

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
so i got the ultra over the last break. beats the ultra light in every way but size. woulda preferred aw imr batts and the charger advertised, but whatever. they did include a polishing cloth. probably could get them to send ya one w/ ur next purchase. (or maybe a pm to tim might get ya a free one)

Shoot us an e-mail about the battery, we'll take care of you.

Jam,
Shoot Jen an e-mail to add the polishing cloth to your package. :)

Cheers,
Tim

Sunset

Hello,

can the LV Dart/rev work on those EGO-T devices?
most of the EGO e-cig has the auto adjust 3.7v - 6v battery, does it matter?

it'll be easier to travel with just the LV dart and buy a Good EGO e-cig to use with it.

Thanks,

Sunset

Sunset,

OF

can the LV Dart/rev work on those EGO-T devices?
most of the EGO e-cig has the auto adjust 3.7v - 6v battery, does it matter?

A qualified yes. I don't know any that adjust over that range, but the Ego C Twist (VV from 3.2 to 4.8 Volts) is a favorite with NDA. It hits current limit around four Volts and 'folds back' to hold that current, so any dial setting above that gives you the maximum available.

The T series also do OK if you have the 'upgrade' (unregulated) version and the battery is fresh. Otherwise the regulated 3.3 to 3.4 Volts gives kind of weak vapor. I personally like the 'pass through' version due to it's easy charging. I use it a lot with Omicron carts, but sometimes run my LV DART on it (but find the TV Ultra supply, or the Twist, does a better job).

For travel use I also like the TV Ultra Lite, even though that tiny little battery is hard pressed to give you 24 hits, it's easy to carry a spare or two. Remember, Revolution/DART takes a lot longer to heat to working temperature than Omicron carts, they will eat up the battery.

OF

OF,

Sunset

A qualified yes. I don't know any that adjust over that range, but the Ego C Twist (VV from 3.2 to 4.8 Volts) is a favorite with NDA. It hits current limit around four Volts and 'folds back' to hold that current, so any dial setting above that gives you the maximum available.

The T series also do OK if you have the 'upgrade' (unregulated) version and the battery is fresh. Otherwise the regulated 3.3 to 3.4 Volts gives kind of weak vapor. I personally like the 'pass through' version due to it's easy charging. I use it a lot with Omicron carts, but sometimes run my LV DART on it (but find the TV Ultra supply, or the Twist, does a better job).

For travel use I also like the TV Ultra Lite, even though that tiny little battery is hard pressed to give you 24 hits, it's easy to carry a spare or two. Remember, Revolution/DART takes a lot longer to heat to working temperature than Omicron carts, they will eat up the battery.

OF

Thanks OF,

I'll look into the EGO C Twist'

I'm thrilled with all these new devices on the market, but also sooooo confusing.

I'm having a hard time trying to decide whether to get the ultra or ultralite. i know the ultra gives you a lot more hits with the bigger battery, but what about the "hit" itself? will the ultra gives you stronger hit vs ultralite? or only last longer?
Also, will the 6V/LV (revolution)config gives you stronger hit vs the Ultra/ultralite?

Thanks

Sunset

Sunset,

OF

Thanks OF,

I'm having a hard time trying to decide whether to get the ultra or ultralite. i know the ultra gives you a lot more hits with the bigger battery, but what about the "hit" itself? will the ultra gives you stronger hit vs ultralite? or only last longer?
Also, will the 6V/LV (revolution)config gives you stronger hit vs the Ultra/ultralite?

You're welcome, I agree it's plenty confusing. IMO Ultra is a lot more battery for what's really a very little larger package (AAA vrs AA size). That leads to stronger hits with fully charged batteries (by a bit) but another way of looking at it is it Ultra Lite gets to the wimpy hits faster. It you're flush with charged batteries it's a definite advantage as you can use only the 'fat part' of the discharge curve. Put another way, using the Ultra Lite I'm more conscious of the hit level dropping with each successive hit.

Yes, I think the full size battery has advantages but at Revolution/DART levels not such a big deal. Evolution is another matter of course. SV is a little faster perhaps but eats up the battery on both ends (more power, but the SV batteries are also lower capacity so go flat faster). My advice on the LV/SV thing is to stick with LV unless you have SV stuff already or plans for a serious T1 (although I'm really liking my LV T1 core....).

HTH.

OF

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I've got Ultra on the brain, just need to wait a bit... I too am very pleased with the LV T1 core and would love to find the 3.7v power supply that would run in on the PA.

jambandphan03,

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
Have the UltraLite and the SV Revo/DART. Two very different animals.

The SV Revo/DART on my T1 base heats and starts producting vapor in under 10 seconds. The batteries last for dozens and dozens of hits before needing to be recharged (maybe a hundred hits). So many that I never counted, and I can't remember ever having to change batteries due to running out of juice, except when I deliberately ran a pair down to see how long they would last (more than one day of heavy vaping). Consequently, I never have to worry about the battery state, and if I'm going to be away from a charger for days, I really only have to bring a single spare set of batteries with me.

The UltraLite is tiny, goes through the TSA (airline security) with no problems, and is really really stealthy. The battery doesn't last very long, and you have to always pay attention to its charge state as you only get about a dozen hits out of one battery. Warmup time is about 20 seconds. Carrying a few 10440 batteries is trivial, as they take up next to no space, but again you wind up having to pay attention to your battery state. "Is my hit barely producting vapor because I have to reload my oil, or because my battery is going dead?" And because the UltraLite battery only gives you maybe a dozen good hits, it "hurts" when you have to waste one hit worth of battery to see that the core is glowing, and that you needed more oil, not a fresh battery.

The Ultra (as opposed to the UltraLite) mostly ameliorates this. The Ultra battery provides two or three times as many hits as the UltraLite battery. Good, strong hits. So if you do decide you want to go the Ultra/UltraLite route, I would seriously consider the Ultra the way to go. If you decide you want to use a T1 size battery holder, I would go with OF's advice and get the LV version unless you already have some SV stuff.

Haywood,
Reactions: OF

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Hey OF, have you tried running the LV T1 on the Ultra? I am guessing it might be good for at least a single load. You would need the glass top, I like the 14mm gong stem, its thick glass and makes a nice mouthpiece. Also curious about how the upgraded LV Evo core performs with the Ultra.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: OF

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
Jam: I don't have a LV T1 core, just the original SV T1 core, and I don't have an Ultra, just an UltraLite, and I suspect a 20W LV T1 core wouldn't even get a half a hit out of one of the 10440 AAA size battereies. I do have a glass mouthpiece though. :)

Actually, I'm sending all my "series 1" SV herbal cores back to TV to get recored as SV high power. (Two SV Evo cores getting the 30W upgrade, and one original T1 core getting the triple coil core). I figure I'm probably going to wind up getting most of the "series 2" stuff in LV, but I still have a dozen good RCR123A batteries, and I really prefer the 6V stuff to the 3.7V stuff for herb, so what the hell, might as well go really high power. I'm looking forward to the high power Evo cores the most.

I am considering getting one of the Evo cores recored to LV instead of both to high power, but I think trying to power it with the UltraLite is fruitless. Anyone have the recored LV Evo core and want to comment on how it compares to the SV Evo core (or the 30W high power Evo core, if you happen to have one of them too).

I can't wait for the "series 2" stuff to come out!

Edit: My ego must have gotten the better of me, and I replied to your message as if you asked me, not OF...

Haywood,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Hmmm, well, I might consider having my SV T1 rewired some time in the future, but it does work pretty good as is, esp. if plugged into the PA. Those new LV Evo's have my attention too. It's going to be hard to wait, but I do need to take a spending break for a while.

jambandphan03,

OF

Hey OF, have you tried running the LV T1 on the Ultra? I am guessing it might be good for at least a single load. You would need the glass top, I like the 14mm gong stem, its thick glass and makes a nice mouthpiece. Also curious about how the upgraded LV Evo core performs with the Ultra.

No, I haven't yet, but intend to when I finally get a glass top. It's no the list of things to do, but I'm not there yet. Seems somehow I keep getting distracted.....

Could well turn out to be a fun rig. LV Evolution does a fair to good job on Ultra and it's basically the same sort of beast? If you get there first, sing out will ya?

OF

OF

I am considering getting one of the Evo cores recored to LV instead of both to high power, but I think trying to power it with the UltraLite is fruitless. Anyone have the recored LV Evo core and want to comment on how it compares to the SV Evo core (or the 30W high power Evo core, if you happen to have one of them too).

Edit: My ego must have gotten the better of me, and I replied to your message as if you asked me, not OF...

I've tried LV Evolution on the Ultra Lite, as you guessed it's 'sub wonderful'. I termed it 'a weak hit and a half' before the poor little battery crashed hard. No way IMO. Ultra with IMR 14500 is the minimum IMO.

That last bit tickles me. As if your advice and insights are in any way not worth paying good attention to. Same as I'm all the time answering questions posed to Tim and others, the 'right answer' stands on it's own doesn't it? Independent of source?

Keep up the good work, Brother H. Lots of good folks are benefiting from it, though you'll likely grow old waiting for many to notice, let alone mention, it. It can be our little secret? Well, I guess Jam's in on it too. And she can't keep a secret......

Let me prove my point.... Thank you very much for the timely and useful answers you've provided in the past (saving my poor fingers having to type them out.....), please continue to contribute if/when you can? IMO it's a very useful service you provide when you do so. TIA.

OF

OF,
Reactions: Haywood

gvape

Just wondering if anyone can confirm with me that these are the right batteries. Just wanted to order another set and figured for under 8$ a 4 pack would be great to have a bunch charged up and never have to worry.

http://www.focalprice.com/EB291L/Ge...argeable_Liion_Battery_Blue.html#.UHUUY_l257Q

Also, these are 600mah, where as what i have is 360mah. Correct me if I am wrong but I am going to get longer life out of those batteries too?

gvape,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Well, I guess Jam's in on it too. And she can't keep a secret......

OF

Hey! I know how to keep my mouth shut, when I want to... :whoa:

Well, I guess I better set aside a little extra spening cash in the next few weeks so I can get my hands on the Ultra and the modded LV Evo core.

jambandphan03,

OF

Also, these are 600mah, where as what i have is 360mah. Correct me if I am wrong but I am going to get longer life out of those batteries too?

I'm betting they'll be basically useless. Too much internal resistance, too low a power out. Notice the 1800 mA number? That's like half what you need for Revolution/DART. They'll get plenty hot themselves trying no doubt but I bet 'no joy'.

You really need IMR (not Li-ion) batteries like the factory provides. If cheaper batteries like the above worked and gave longer life doncha think TV would use them instead? I do. IMO the factory battery is the top of the heap for this use, I'd stick with them......

Hey! I know how to keep my mouth shut, when I want to... :whoa:

Well, I guess I better set aside a little extra spening cash in the next few weeks so I can get my hands on the Ultra and the modded LV Evo core.

Yeah, yeah, sure, sure. Guess we'll have to give you that one on faith? For sure I'm not going to loose any sleep waiting......

While I think spending your bucks far and wide is both fun and your duty and all, I think you won't be a complete, truly happy person until you too have a trusty Ultra as a tool for good.

OF

OF,

Sunset

OF

Thanks OF,

Thanks OF,

The Ego C Twist appears to have two models:

eGo-C Twist by Joyetech

The eGo Twist 650 or 1000mAh replacement batteries.

http://altsmoke.com/ego-c-twist-variable-voltage.html

Which one would you recommend?

is there much sigmificant difference vetween Ultra vs Twist (or other 3.7V E-cig)?

I'd assume so since it's a huge price diff.

Thanks,

Sunset

Sunset,

OF

Thanks OF,

The Ego C Twist appears to have two models:

eGo-C Twist by Joyetech

The eGo Twist 650 or 1000mAh replacement batteries.

http://altsmoke.com/ego-c-twist-variable-voltage.html

Which one would you recommend?

is there much sigmificant difference vetween Ultra vs Twist (or other 3.7V E-cig)?

I'd assume so since it's a huge price diff.

First off, you're welcome, glad to help when I can.

I'm having a little trouble following, but I think you're asking about 650 vrs 1000 mAh units? The differences is about an inch (the 1000s are getting pretty long....) and of course longer run times.

I think there's a lot of differences between the two systems. Build quality, replaceable batteries, higher current capability and lower power losses seem to favor Ultra while variable voltage, slightly smaller size (diameter, it's a bit longer) and lower price tilts toward Ego. Which suits you best depends on each individual.

OF

OF,

Sunset

How about the hits? Any difference?
What kind of concentrates would you recommend to use with the Dart cartridge?
Looking at the sparc website, there' re so many options :-)
New to vapin, and really apreciate the help you and others on this forum offers.

I'm having a little trouble following, but I think you're asking about 650 vrs 1000 mAh units? The differences is about an inch (the 1000s are getting pretty long....) and of course longer run times.

I think there's a lot of differences between the two systems. Build quality, replaceable batteries, higher current capability and lower power losses seem to favor Ultra while variable voltage, slightly smaller size (diameter, it's a bit longer) and lower price tilts toward Ego. Which suits you best depends on each individual.

OF

OF

How about the hits? Any difference? I guess my preference is that I'd rather get stronger hits than run times. If the ultra gives stronger solid hits than the Twist, I'd spend the money to get the ultra.
What kind of concentrates would you recommend to use with the Dart cartridge? Does it has to be wax or oil?
New to vapin, and really apreciate the help you and others on this forum offers.

Thanks,

Sunset

Sunset,

OF

How about the hits? Any difference?
What kind of concentrates would you recommend to use with the Dart cartridge?

Driving DART I recommend the Ultra (not Ultra Lite...) over Ego, both from a solid hit standpoint and the ability to easily swap in a charged battery when it gets weak.

You're right, there's a lot of options for concentrates. While you can boil DART clean contamination is going to be a problem with many of them. I'd stay clear of 'full melts' (super melts are OK) and taffies. The best choices are usually lighter colored oils and waxes. Those with high THC content are generally better from both a potency and 'lack of other stuff' standpoint. Personally I like CO2 extractions and am willing to pay a bit more for them. They often taste a bit 'spicy' but I find the tastes clean and enjoyable.

Don't get me wrong, DART will work with the rudest ISO extracts there, even raw kief or bubble hash, but the big enjoyment and freedom from fouling comes from a little better concentrates.

From new (or freshly cleaned) add .15 to .20 grams, melt it in and vape away. When it starts to slack off, add another .05 to .1 grams (one or two drops) never more. Too much will flood it out and make it slow and 'muddy tasting' if it doesn't leak your precious oil all over. When it slows up in production, always ask yourself if it could be the battery getting weak rather than running out of oil. If you're not sure, try another battery first. If production improves you'll know not to add more oil. If you do add a bit of oil and it doesn't improve, don't add more! You rapidly get a feel for the whole thing, working it becomes second nature.

Expect maybe 6 to 10 solid hits per .05 addition, say 120 to as many as 200 per gram. Most guys find a few such hits to be plenty, at least before they get into it and run their tolerance off the chart.

BTW, it's kinda nice to have a couple of strains kicking around for 'a drop or two of something different from time to time'. Personal favorites include Sour Diesel, Northern Lights and Headband. I'm sure you'll find your own favorites.

Good luck, you'll enjoy it I'm sure.

OF

OF

The spicy taste! That's when it's some good shit...

Amen, Brother. I sometimes get hints of it in good buds for a hit or two if they're cured well (dry). I've wondered is it something that gets left behind in ISO and Butane extractions (that is does the CO2 extract it when the others don't) or maybe it's being masked by stuff the CO2 leaves behind? Whatever, I think I like it......

OF

Top Bottom