1. If the Herbalizer was a fortune cookie what would it say? Tell us and win it!
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Thermovape Alpha Ultralite

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by jambandphan03, May 17, 2012.

1. jambandphan03

jambandphan03 Vapor Goddess

[​IMG]

http://thermovape.com/collections/all/products/alpha-ultralite (direct link to product)

I just got one of these, and wanted to share a bit of my experience with it. It is the smallest of the Thermovape vaporizer products. I am using mine with the Dart LV (as shown in the stock photo) Mine is still new, just got it, so I plan to test it out, see how well it performs w/ the Dart using the 10440 IMR batteries that came with it.

First impressions, dang! this thing it tiny!! :haw:
    I charged up my batteries, attached the Rev/Dart which had recently been loaded and was ready to roll, noticed it takes about a 10 second heat up from a cold start. I did a series of 8 second hits, waiting about a minute between them, giving it another 5 sec warm up, got to hit number 5 and the Ultralite body started to heat up, so I put it down to give it a rest. I will keep testing the battery life and add more info about that later... :ko:

In the mean time, here are a couple of photos of my Ultralite next to the Evolution and the T1, for size comparison.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Bluntcrush, t-dub and Vape N Bake like this.
  2. Vape N Bake

Vape N Bake Disturbed

I like what I see. Keep the reviews coming.
  3. Slightly Medicated

Slightly Medicated (SliM) Iron Lungs

4. SameOldTim

SameOldTim Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim' Manufacturer

Glad you like your UltraLite!!!!

Your almost there to having the whole family, we'll see what your future brings... ;)

Heres the link to the UltraLite power supply

Cheers,

Tim
  5. jambandphan03

6. Slightly Medicated

Slightly Medicated (SliM) Iron Lungs

I was just a little surprised. I spent a few hours going through the site last night. I wanted to make sure I had everything I needed to do a review of different options. (I don't have the liquid adapter yet) I just completely passed this one up. I must not have noticed it on the site. Thanks for creating a separate thread about it. :)
    jambandphan03 likes this.
  7. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl 200% THC

My paycheck goes in my bank account around 3am tomorrow... This may not end well... Might hold off for a few more reviews of it, but from what I'm seeing, I've got my concentrate vaporizer right in front of me now.

Also, do a video review! First impressions!
    kushcabbage likes this.
  8. Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw Astralnaut

So i totally meant to pick one of these up w/ my mother's day order that came today.
    oops, ordered the mid-size alpha ultra w/ extra battery. just got email from Jenn. and she
    is letting me trade it out for the other kit if i pay to ship it to her. i found the ultra to be extremely small so i am curious as to how tiny the light version is gonna be.
  9. Pipes

Pipes The guy with the Afterthoughts Accessory Maker

It's so small it may have been hiding behind it's big brother. :ninja:
    Hard to believe that it can pack that power in such a tiny size. Battery technology is advancing so much these days. These are the devices to take advantage of it. I would probably lose it. :|
    Cool to see TV is continuing to broaden their line up with these types of products.
    :D
    Bluntcrush likes this.
  10. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl 200% THC

Seriously, this thing could give the LB a run for its money.
  11. Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw Astralnaut

Pic of the Rev Unit and the Alpha Ultra unit
    [​IMG]

just for information's sake. I can pull it as it isn't strictly the Ultra Light unit.
    going right into a box to go back now.
    Quetzalcoatl and VAPORIZER22 like this.
  12. OF

OF Well-Known Member

I've used these guys off and on for a while now, they are neat and while smaller in diameter are really not much shorter than the 14500 based midsize unit. I too found it can get plenty hot giving several hits in a short time from a cold start, but it's very handy for a quick hit or two 'top up'.

I found maybe 25 or a few more hits if you take it easy? I found I could usually finish 3 loads in Revolution or DART. I'd change out the battery with the fourth load. I even tried it with Evolution....it sorta worked for a hit before it went South. Definitely not up to the task there.

I think this guy has it's place, but for most users the two larger ones make more sense. It's worth considering for sure.

OF
    Bluntcrush likes this.
  13. JoeKickass

JoeKickass Well-Known Member

I have an Ultra and body heat is my largest impression as well....

[​IMG]

It runs on a 14500, not a 17670, and is closer to the Ultralight than the Ultramax (the T1 sized version of the Alpha) but the UltraMax also has no delrin heat cover so I bet it gets mighty hot as well.

I think the Alpha-style bodies look pretty cool too but I think they're only really suited to 510 ecig use... you need a pair of gloves to properly use them with the revolution, let alone the evolution.
    eiluaP likes this.
  14. jambandphan03

Well, folks, I'm 15 hits in, had one reload, and several cold starts so I gave it the 10+ second heat up time, a few times over, and it's still hitting. I am not taking super big pulls, and have been blowing out med size hits ( IMO ) definitely plenty medicated. I will be using it more in the next few days, so if anything comes up, I will be sure to post about it here. So far, I'm very pleased, and with as many hits as I just got hitting it over and over trying to test battery life, in real time out and about, I could see this being a good pocket toker, with maybe one spare battery along for the ride, just in case. I'll update again when I drain the battery to the point that it's not hitting.
    VapoRoor, Bluntcrush and Bob Loblaw like this.
  15. Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw Astralnaut

I'd be using mine w/ rev or 1.5 ohm carts. for super stealth in theaters and the like. have gotten away w/ my omi's, but i feel like this might not hold out for long as the size draws some attention. fully for keeping the buzz, not necessarily starting it. plus i take smaller puffs and hold them longer when vaping next to someone in a show or flick. hoping that level of compensation will do the trick.
  16. jambandphan03

I am into 20 hits, and noticing the battery getting weak enough to want to change it. Not too bad for the size. I also put my Omicron 2.4 cart on there, w/ adapter, and it hits really nice. I imagine it will get a slightly longer battery life with the standard 2.4ohm carts not drawing as much power.
    I used to use the same 10440 batteries in another mod and would get roughly 45 mins or so of use time from it, so I would say it's a safe bet that this ultralite will perform about the same.

I keep finding myself trying to think of some way to make a sleeve for it.
    Bob Loblaw likes this.
  17. jambandphan03

Just wanted to show off my travel set up for the Ultralite

[​IMG]
    eiluaP, VapoRoor, UpUpandAway and 5 others like this.
  18. mephisto

mephisto Well-Known Member

Dammit Jammie! I just traded away my full T1 setup and you had to go and review this
    little monster. Time to head back over to Thermovape for a cash exchange.....Have you
    tried this baby with the Evo yet???? I will try to contain myself from buying til I read yer
    response. Thanks for the review!!!!!

BTW, is that a v1 Omi case you have there?????
  19. Cinnamonster

Cinnamonster Active Member

I think OF mentioned trying the Evo on the Ultra Lite and was only able to get ONE hit from it... I don't think it was that good of a hit either.
    I bought my Evo for my Ultra, but... I don't like it that much. It works though!
    I got the T1 with the Evo Interface instead, and that's much better for the Evo, IMO.
    JoeKickass likes this.
  20. mephisto

mephisto Well-Known Member

Cool, Thanks for the clarity! I already rock the dart and a LR AVA atty on a 3.7v source, and
    they work f'ing incredible. This source will not push the Evo, however....
  21. Cinnamonster

YEAH, the Dart works better on a 17670 than the 14500 for the Ultra. Have you tried any Omicron carts on the Ultra? :) We're using the same T1 w/ 17670 for the Evo, right? Weird how it doesn't "push" it though... Have you had any luck using the Evo?
  22. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think I remember him saying that too.

Then again, what does he know?

OF
    VAPORIZER22 likes this.
  23. spanner

spanner Member

can you guys confirm what combilnation I would need for flowers as a portable device4-5 hits with maximum battery life as I am confused by the variety and some of the terminology and I am a bit baked
  24. JoeKickass

JoeKickass Well-Known Member

25. Cinnamonster

YEAH. I think this would be perfect for you: http://thermovape.com/collections/b...thermovape-evolution-lv-low-voltage-kit-black

I'd wait until the batteries (17670's) are in stock, though. You'll want more than the ONE included. They have the cheapest price I've seen, and you save more $ with the 10% off coupon.
    JoeKickass likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors