Discontinued Thermovape Alpha Ultralite

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Ya i think i will get a tank of some sort. Do you believe that the batteries it will come with which im assuming will be the protected 14500 will be okay to use until i get my aw imr's in the mail? I just wanna be sure i will be able to get some vapor next week, even with the protected batts :)
yea, you should be in great hands, a few more seconds on warm up and a little shorter battery life will be the only practical difference. good luck and let us know what ya think of it!

Bob Loblaw,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Just a heads up, I am not really using my AVA LV's so I cleaned them and put them in the classifieds.

jambandphan03,

sfld

When i buy a ego tank, do i need to purchase a male to mail adapater? OR do most tanks already have the 510 screw that screws right onto my ultra?

sfld,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Shit... you guys weren't kidding. It's freaking TINY!! Just wanted to give OF and Baywood another thank-you. I think this apple juice will get better in a few days' time, but I'm really impressed with the Ultra. Now that I've had a bit of time to play with it and such, I think I'm satisfied with the $133.20 I spent on it (10% off FC discount!) and I'll probably love it even more when I get some nice oil again. If this thing can see a year's use, that'll be about $12 a month. I spend more on coffee ;)

Mini Bic for comparison? (And yes, I cleaned my monitor :()

fC1Zp.jpg

OF

Shit... you guys weren't kidding. It's freaking TINY!! Just wanted to give OF and Baywood another thank-you.

You're more than welcome, Bro, use it in good health! Neat little gadget for sure, but a real tiger as well.

If you have access to good oil, don't forget to consider the thread adapter and a couple of Omicron carts. IMO they are a natural for the Ultra as well. DART can easily outdo them if you drive it right, but it's also very nice to have 'easy to grab, no brainer, self feeding hits' available when the situation or mood strikes.

Oh, yeah, and a couple of 'doob tubes' to keep the various carts at the ready.

OF

sfld

hey quez, is that a ultra or lite? and where did you grab some juice from? i wanna try some lol

sfld,

Quetzalcoatl

hey quez, is that a ultra or lite? and where did you grab some juice from? i wanna try some lol
Sorry I didn't specify, OF and Baywood pushed me away from the UltraLite to the Ultra, which is pictured with the LR AVA. I bought the juice at the closest place I knew would carry some, the local tobacconist at the edge of town. The juice is probably not the best quality, although it says it was made here. It's fantastic, I haven't been able to keep my hands off it. Just holding it watching TV, occasional puff or three, put another drop in when the vapor output declines, and it's good to go again. It's still got some time to go before it shows me it's actually worth the $130 I paid for, but as of right now I have no regrets. The charger is... not the best quality. It has the plates at the negative end that slide up and down, and you have to get it to touch right to charge, but it doesn't take me more than 5 seconds or so to put the battery in right.

As an e-cig, this thing delivers. No doubt about it. If you're okay with drip-style atomizers, the AVA delivers. The first actual hit I inhaled was years better than the shit I got from other "e-cigs" (if you even want to call them that...)

If you have access to good oil, don't forget to consider the thread adapter and a couple of Omicron carts. IMO they are a natural for the Ultra as well. DART can easily outdo them if you drive it right, but it's also very nice to have 'easy to grab, no brainer, self feeding hits' available when the situation or mood strikes.

Oh, yeah, and a couple of 'doob tubes' to keep the various carts at the ready.

OF

Thanks! I'll take a look at the Omi thread and read up some on the carts. Definitely feel you on the automatic loading that other atomizers provide and I can really see how it'll come in handy. I think after a certain amount of drops of oil, I'd be wondering why no more vapor comes out :tup:

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: OF

sfld

ya i got my ultra coming on friday lol cant wait got oil / wax waiting, i also bought a 5 pack of boge 510 cartomisers that screw on the ultra, carts are like 6 dollars for 5 cant go wrong and you keep reusing them until they burn out. i got like 5 flavors and will fill each cart with 30 drops and have a e cig party lol

Quetzalcoatl

Trust me, I regret not having put some money aside for oil earlier. I should have, but I bought this thing and paid some things and blah blah. I had a small small dab that I fit in there which was surprisingly good. Can't imagine how fun it'll be if/when I get the Revolution or DART. Also, I just found out that the silicone tubing I have from my Launch Box whip fits over the mouthpiece and creates an airtight seal around my bong... oil dabs through my piece? For science ;)

OF

Sorry I didn't specify, OF and Baywood pushed me away from the UltraLite to the Ultra, which is pictured with the LR AVA. As an e-cig, this thing delivers. No doubt about it.

Thanks! I'll take a look at the Omi thread and read up some on the carts. Definitely feel you on the automatic loading that other atomizers provide and I can really see how it'll come in handy.

Cool. I think you'll be much happier with the Ultra. The UL isn't really all that much smaller (more smaller in diameter than shorter, think AA and AAA batteries) but the extra battery life is the difference between being careful with hit count and not really worrying about it. From maybe 2 dozen if you're careful to 'days worth', just keep en eye out for the battery going flat (it's a lot like running out of oil, not good to add more it's just going to make it worse then....).

I suggest going with 2.4 Ohm carts until you're up to speed on them, then you can decide if you really want to shift to 1.5s and try for bigger clouds (risking leaks and burnt oil taste....and plugs). Controlling the heat inside the cart isn't all that hard, but you need to learn it like so many other skills. You'll also need a thread adapter to mate up the threads:
http://www.tropicalvapors.com/Adapt...artomizer-Omicron-Super-Nova-Smoore_p_68.html

I buy my carts either from D9 directly or from PV. They were the first vendor to supply us with Omicron stuff and have been strong supporters of the Forum for a long time. I think there's a discount for them as well. They sell single carts, although my advice is to buy a box of five....they really are neat as well:
http://www.planetvape.ca/vaporizers/omicron-vaporizer.html

The loading tool is also recommended, it makes it super easy to correctly load half a gram or so of oil at a time. You can also use a toothpick to plug the hole and a small funnel (lots of us use number 10 cake decorator tips, I even made one out of aluminum foil that worked one night when I was bored.....).

One down side to the carts, when DART does eventually foul out and need cleaning it's a big temptation to load an Omicron cart, vape on, and deal with it later....... And DART definitely has the nod in taste (when clean...) and hit control. A couple of times I've been enjoying 'sub par' concentrates in the DART (like some nice bubble hash) only to get lazy and switch back to oil in the waiting Omicron carts.

BTW, if you can get Pure Gold, a few drops of it in your DART will spoil you so rotten.......

Best wishes,

OF

sfld

Does anyone know if the mouth piece that comes with the AVA is basically a drip tip? like will i be able to place that mouth piece on a boge 510 cart? Or not necessarily that specific one but on other carts and what not? Or should i simply order more generic mouth pieces

sfld,

OF

Does anyone know if the mouth piece that comes with the AVA is basically a drip tip? like will i be able to place that mouth piece on a boge 510 cart?

I'm not an e-cig type, but I've got several MPs from e-cig suppliers for '510 Cartomizers' and they fit the TV stuff just fine. And the other way around (TV MPs fit Omicron carts for instance).

I think you're good.

OF

Quetzalcoatl

Does anyone know if the mouth piece that comes with the AVA is basically a drip tip? like will i be able to place that mouth piece on a boge 510 cart? Or not necessarily that specific one but on other carts and what not? Or should i simply order more generic mouth pieces
I don't know about it, on the site it says it's a Tru-Flow Drip Tip. I don't have problems dripping through it. Once it's past the initial phase, I feel that I only need 1-2 drops whenever I drip. More tends to leak out the bottom :/

Quetzalcoatl,

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
Sorry I didn't specify, OF and Baywood pushed me away from the UltraLite to the Ultra...
Glad to hear you're happy with your new Ultra; it should provide you with years of service. I also concur with OF that you should try some PG (Pure Gold) if you get a chance. Not only is it wonderful stuff, but it works great with the Ultra (and it's the only thing I use in my DARTs). One of OF's comments is good to keep in mind, "learn to tell the difference between needing to add more product versus needing to switch to a fresh battery".

My UltraLite doesn't get many hits from its tiny battery, but your Ultra's battery should last for quite a few hits. When the battery finally needs to be replaced with a fresh one, if you mistakenly think you need to add more product, when you really just need to switch to a fresh battery, you'll wind up making things worse (as you'll flood the heat chamber, making for even less vapor, and if you keep adding product, it will start leaking out from the air intake holes on the bottom).

At home, I use a SV (6v) DART core with my T1 base all the time, and the batteries last seemingly forever before needing to be recharged (days, maybe a hundred big hits, I'm always too medicated to count). It took me a little while before I realized that the batteries finally needed to be recharged, and I initially wasted a bit of PG before I figured it out. When I'm at home using the T1 SV setup with the DART, what I've taken to doing is removing the mouthpiece and looking down the DART while I turn the power on. In about 10 seconds the DART coils are glowing orange, and vapor is starting to show up in the DART tube. Then I pop the mouthpiece back in and take my hit(s). This gives me a great way to tell how the battery and load amount is doing. I often use the same method with my UltraLite, stealth conditions permitting, as the battery doesn't last very long in the UltraLite.

Oh, and it's Haywood, not Baywood... :)

sfld

anyone who recieved their ultra within the last couple weeks, im guessing it came with the protected batts, did you have to charge them before first use?

sfld,

Quetzalcoatl

I popped mine in, they turned from red to green pretty fast actually. Maybe they were pre-charged just prior to shipping to me? It only took three days to get here.

Quetzalcoatl,

sfld

i got my ultra in the mail! Both batteries seemed to be uncharged, but one turned green before the other and the other is still on the charger with a solid red light. Maybe its just slower than its friend?? lol i put a small bb sized of wax in there, 3 great hits so far, had to put it down and do some work lol How long should i wait for this battery to charge btw?

edit: i am medicated like a MOFO, i see what you guys mean about the protected batts, still work but take a lil longer to warm up. Two aw imr's being ordered as we speak :)

Thermovape team has it right with this system, every hit i take is tasting like a dab on a nail

sfld,

OF

i got my ultra in the mail! Both batteries seemed to be uncharged, but one turned green before the other and the other is still on the charger with a solid red light. Maybe its just slower than its friend?? lol i put a small bb sized of wax in there, 3 great hits so far, had to put it down and do some work lol How long should i wait for this battery to charge btw?

Depending on how flat it really is, it can take some time for a battery that's 'gone into protection mode' to trickle charge up enough to be recognized by the charger and trigger the cycle. I've had them take hours, not to worry.

Yes, you broke the code, it's a neat thing for sure. AW IMRs really put it in top form, you'll like them.

Congrats.

OF

OF,

sfld

verdict so far? i love this thing. i maybe put .1 of hash, .1 of wax. .1 dab of oil, in separate loads of course and im flying maybe 60 + hits with all that? between two batts lol great clouds. today i went all out and saw where it could take me [10] for sure /trees what up lol this will be my at work vape

OF

verdict so far? i love this thing. i maybe put .1 of hash, .1 of wax. .1 dab of oil, in separate loads of course and im flying maybe 60 + hits with all that? between two batts lol great clouds. today i went all out and saw where it could take me [10] for sure /trees what up lol this will be my at work vape

60 hits from .3 grams is 5 mg a hit. Seems 'about par for the course'. I load about .050 at a time and expect six to maybe 10 hits (more if I'm taking it easy), two or 3 times a typical Omicron hit? IMO a very nice level.

Glad you like it, thanks for the update.

OF

OF,

VapeHead.com

Retailer
Once your DART load is nicely absorbed into the ceramic I like using the T1 water adapter for short water cooled hits (just ep-end it straight after, no huge loads etc.).

VapeHead.com,
Reactions: OF

OF

Once your DART load is nicely absorbed into the ceramic I like using the T1 water adapter for short water cooled hits (just ep-end it straight after, no huge loads etc.).

Yup, lots of fun all right. I found it tends to clog the holes in the 'UFO' as the condensate tends to flow toward them rather than away. Promptly pulling it off and putting the unit upright the majority of the time seems to help with this a lot.

OF

OF,

Quetzalcoatl

So a fun tidbit that I just found out (stoned as f at 4am)... my Ultra fits inside the MFLB tin constructed. Sweeeeeet. Hey, OF, I don't mean to bug... I did some searching on here first, and noticed that you mentioned in the Revolution thread that the only difference between the Rev and the AVA is the pore size of the top ceramic and the writing on the actual piece. With that understanding, do you think the LR AVA would be up to the task of a bit of bubble hash? I want to say yes, and if anything I could boil it out or give it a good ISO wash. I don't think I'll have a problem setting it down for a day and a half or so if I need to give it a quick wash in 91%. However, being that this is the only atomizer I have, I don't just want to jump right into it if I shouldn't.

vWCjX.jpg

LG2Gm.jpg

Quetzalcoatl,

OF

Hey, OF, I don't mean to bug... I did some searching on here first, and noticed that you mentioned in the Revolution thread that the only difference between the Rev and the AVA is the pore size of the top ceramic and the writing on the actual piece. With that understanding, do you think the LR AVA would be up to the task of a bit of bubble hash?

Howdy.

Yup, that's my understanding. And being as with bubble the goods don't really soak in, I'm not sure that you'd even notice a difference worth mentioning. I agree, nothing is likely to happen that can't be easily cleaned up again. Worst case you're in for a 20/20/20 burn. Remember, you're going to need to get in with a toothpick or something to stir up the load as you vape, but it should work well I think.

I sure can't see problem Tim and the guys can't set straight in short order under warranty.

Having that lovely bubble and the waiting AVA cart you're showing more self restraint that I likely would.

Good luck, I say go for it. Please let us know? I'm sure I'm not the only guy interested.

OF

Top Bottom