Discontinued Thermovape Alpha Ultralite

OF

i am having difficulty figuring out whether I flooded the tank, or if the batteries are dying, etc. i dont' seem to see the red glow below the ceramic element anymore, but that's likely because it is filled with oil. i am getting pretty thin hits now even with 30 seconds of priming, so I am wondering if the tank is empty and more concentrate needs to be added (which is weird, I've already put in .4g and haven't gotten too many good hits, just lots of little wispy ones).

Of the 3 batteries I got, one seems to be dead? It doesn't get the unit warm at all even after 30 seconds, and putting that batt back on the charger doesn't trigger a charge, just sits there at green. (and yes the charger is set to the 3.7V switch position). The other two batts seem to charge ok. Is this bad batt lost for good, or is there a way to resurrect it?

I'll say this though, immediately, I lost my love for the omicron v2. this tastes like a fresh dab each time.

In random order, I'd suggest you leave the 'dead' battery in the charger for a while. It needs to sense the battery to know it's there, but if it's too dead it looks like no battery is there to the charger. Often there's a trickle charge going on that will eventually get it to the level it gets detected and the LED switches over and the cycle starts. Otherwise, yes, get it going one way or the other, a fresh battery can be valuable as you see.

Sounds to me like it's flooded. A useful test is to put a 'good' battery in when it's cold, hold the tube over the heater section with the thumb and forefinger of your other hand, key it on, at count seconds to the 'yes, this thing is for sure getting hot' point, about 12 seconds IIRC. I never put as much as .4 in there. I start with 200 mg (.2 grams) and get a few hits before the first addition (50 to 100 mg, never more than .1). This is good for maybe 6 to 10 solid hits, if the next hit after loading doesn't pick up it's time for a new battery. If it wasn't flooded before I just added another load, it is now. Keeping it 'on the lean side' (only enough concentrate for a few hits) keeps it fast heating (also gives longer battery life therefore) and the oil fresh tasting.

While on one had it's a bummer there's a 'learning curve' here and a guy can waste a lot of time and goods, it also means the machine is highly adaptive to individual styles of use. Other vape systems have a fairly narrow range of conditions they'll work under, not so here. It can be used from thin, wispy hits full of fresh flavor of the bud it came from right up to serious contenders at the 'knock a water buffalo to it's knees' level in skillful hands. Neat.

I think the Omicron carts are a natural accessory to Revolution/DART but I fully agree, adapters have taken the place of the V2.

OF

OF,

thevapenazi

NO FIRE FOR YOU!!
Thanks for your sage advice OF - you were spot on.

My tank was flooded - soaking it in ISO for an hour and qtipping out pulled a BB sized gob of oil out. But no, I didn't stick all .4g in there at once, I stuck maybe .1 in there at first, got tiny wisps, so I kept adding more in .1 increments.

I won't lie, I was pretty disappointed. I felt like it was just another omicron with a 2.4ohm cart. Turns out that I had the battery charger set on 3.2V / 300ma so the batteries just weren't juicing it enough to boil off the oil before I added more.

After recharging the batts on 3.7V / 650mA, I've spent some time with this and I'm getting much better results. Thicker clouds, and hints of fresh concentrate flavor, very very close to a nice dab. Almost thick enough to make me cough!

I seem to be burning up an entire battery per session (10-20 hits). It seems about half of the battery is spent in the first 30-40 seconds of priming, and I keep it floored the entire time as I'm puffing (this gets me the best results so far). I seem to be getting about 10-15 medium sized clouds out of a small pellet (size of a grain of rice maybe) of concentrate. Am I doing it wrong? :(

Either way this unit is finally starting to show its true colors, and I'm pretty happy with them so far. The flavor and vapor quality is just unmatched. The battery life is a little iffy for me, but I think this is something that can be improved with technique.

OF

Thanks for your sage advice OF - you were spot on.

After recharging the batts on 3.7V / 650mA, I've spent some time with this and I'm getting much better results. Thicker clouds, and hints of fresh concentrate flavor, very very close to a nice dab. Almost thick enough to make me cough!

I seem to be burning up an entire battery per session (10-20 hits). It seems about half of the battery is spent in the first 30-40 seconds of priming, and I keep it floored the entire time as I'm puffing (this gets me the best results so far). I seem to be getting about 10-15 medium sized clouds out of a small pellet (size of a grain of rice maybe) of concentrate. Am I doing it wrong? :(

Either way this unit is finally starting to show its true colors, and I'm pretty happy with them so far. The flavor and vapor quality is just unmatched. The battery life is a little iffy for me, but I think this is something that can be improved with technique.

You're welcome. Great news, thanks for the feedback.

It sounds like you may still have more than you want loaded, it should get up and running faster than that, really. Maybe 15 seconds, 20 outside, to a solid 'test puff' and time to hit that rascal. I'd run it dry (or at least really weak) then try only enough for 5 or 6 fat hits, no more. This should speed the preheat time, improve the taste and give you more hits per battery.

You're sneaking up on it, keep at it. You know how you get to Carnegie Hall? Practice, practice, practice.

OF

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Ugh, so many options and I'm getting confused and frustrated. Dead links on the site to various products...

After giving my vape choices another thought, I've decided that I may want a TV product. I like the Alpha Ultralight. The size specifically. I'd like to get back into the e-cig scene and have the option of using concentrates. I also want to be able to do this stealthily, not because I care about anyone close to me knowing, but because sometimes shit happens and I get a bout of nausea while I'm out running errands and I don't want to mess around with flower. Sometimes I just need a quick couple hits of oil (or at least something stronger) because cannabis doesn't sedate me nearly as bad as the promethazine pills I have for nausea.

So... the Alpha UltraLite page, the $90 one is for the body and batteries, right? Then if I want e-cig ability, what am I supposed to get? The "AVA-LR Low Resistance - USA Made Atomizer" ? That's another $40.Do I have to get the AVA from TV or can I get a cheaper one that would work with this (without an adapter) ? Then if I want to get some concentrates (BHO) going, I go for the $55 "ThermoVape Revolution LV (Low Voltage) Vaporizer Cartridge" right? $140 just for oil when an Omicron is available for $120 doesn't make sense...

Any help is much appreciated.

Quetzalcoatl,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Any of the extras you want from TV for the Ultralite must be LV or LR for 3.7v use. You can use any 510 threaded atomizer/cart that runs on 3.7v on the ultralite body.

jambandphan03,

Quetzalcoatl

Any of the extras you want from TV for the Ultralite must be LV or LR for 3.7v use. You can use any 510 threaded atomizer/cart that runs on 3.7v on the ultralite body.
Okay, so I think I get this. Legos...

Concentrates: UltraLite goes with the Revolution LV. Does it come with a mouthpiece or do I have to spend another $14 on it?

I'm seeing something called the Revolution DART. I don't quite understand what this is, does this piece already come inside of every Revolution piece? Is this what heats up and vaporizes the concentrates?

E-cig: UltraLite paired with the AVA-LR that comes with the "Tru-Flow Drip Tip" which I assume is where I put the drops of juice in.

Quetzalcoatl,

OF

Then if I want to get some concentrates (BHO) going, I go for the $55 "ThermoVape Revolution LV (Low Voltage) Vaporizer Cartridge" right? $140 just for oil when an Omicron is available for $120 doesn't make sense...

Any help is much appreciated.

Looking at it as '$20 more' only makes sense if you're talking about the same thing I think. Revolution performs at a whole different level in a different way. You don't throw it away after a couple of grams like Omicron carts. They not only last much longer, but when they foul you can boil them clean. They don't leak, easily change concentrates and hit much harder without risking burned oil. Many guys find a big difference in build quality.

IMO both systems have their advantages and 'place in the market'. I think a guy should carefully consider buying 'the other cart' and adapter for whatever system he decides on anyway.

If doing it on the cheap is the goal, it's really hard to beat a 'good' e-cig supply ($20) and Revolution. Or five dollar thread adapter and a few Omicron carts. If you buy the 'passthru' version and have a USB port and some concentrate to fill it you're on the air under a few sawbucks if need be.

I agree it's confusing, but IMO that's a small price to pay in the end.....the results can be excellent.

BTW, I like the Ultra Lite and all but am not sure it's generally a great choice, those little batteries aren't good for all that many hits and it's easy to get carried away with Revolution/DART (it's that good). The mid size (14500 powered) might serve most guys better?

OF

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
Ugh, so many options and I'm getting confused and frustrated. Dead links on the site to various products...

After giving my vape choices another thought, I've decided that I may want a TV product. I like the Alpha Ultralight. The size specifically. I'd like to get back into the e-cig scene and have the option of using concentrates. I also want to be able to do this stealthily, not because I care about anyone close to me knowing, but because sometimes shit happens and I get a bout of nausea while I'm out running errands and I don't want to mess around with flower. Sometimes I just need a quick couple hits of oil (or at least something stronger) because cannabis doesn't sedate me nearly as bad as the promethazine pills I have for nausea.

It's not you, it's not easy to figure out exactly what each piece is used for, and the TV site is often very confusing and frustrating. You've come to the right place though, and I'll try to help.

Three parts make up what you're looking for. The power part, the vaporizer part, and the mouthpiece. You want something small, to be used for e-cig juice and concentrates. Not for herbals and not for hash.

For the battery part, keeping in mind you want small, you have two choices. The Alpha Ultra and the Alpha UltraLite. I highly recommend you look at the pictures on the ThermoVape web site, and decide if the Ultra is really too big. There are pictures of both with a cigarette next to them to get a good idea of the size. The Ultra uses an "AA" size battery and the UltraLite uses an "AAA" size battery. You will get much more life (number of puffs before needing to recharge the battery) with the Ultra. Two or three times more, at least. If you really really want the tiny UltraLite, just keep in mind you're going to be swapping out batteries frequently. That said, I own an UltraLite, and love it, and it's really tiny. I only use it for Pure Gold oil though, and haven't tried it with anything else (except E-Juice, which I didn't get along with, but which worked just fine!). Some concentrates other than Pure Gold (or a similar very pure oil) require much more heating before they melt and vaporize. Waxes may require you to poke them around to get them positioned over the ceramic insert before they melt and vaporize, which will also wind up eating your battery. Again, I highly recommend the Ultra over the UltraLite unless you really really want the smaller size (it's only a little smaller), and you're really really aware that you're sacrificing battery life. For either the Ultra or UltraLite, you also have to get some batteries that fit it, and a charger to charge them. With an Ultra, two batteries should be fine (at least to start), and I would recommend four batteries if you decide on the UltraLite. The charger is the same for either.

For the mouthpiece part, you have a bunch of similar choices. You have short mouthpieces in white and black Delrin and white PTFE (Teflon). You have a medium length black Delrin mouthpiece with a restricted flow. And you have extended (long) mouthpieces in black and white Delrin. All of the mouthpieces can be fitted with a "UFO" in the vaporizer end, which allows airflow, but blocks particulate matter. The UFO isn't really needed with a device used for concentrates and E-Juice, but it's useful when vaping herb. I have all the above, and 99% of the time I just use the short white PTFE mouthpiece or the medium restricted draw mouthpiece. You do have to be aware of the vaporizer cylinder when you use a short mouthpiece, as it's easy to take too much of the short mouthpiece into your mouth and consequently burn your lips on the end of the hot vaporizer... This is probably the "section" to mention the DART, which really describes a mouthpiece extension more than a vaporizer variation. The DART mouthpiece extension is an extra piece that looks like a UFO on steroids. The bottom of the DART fits into the top of the vaporizer core in the same place as a mouthpiece would, and the mouthpiece fits into the top of the DART. There is a cone shaped "dart" that comes out of the bottom of the UFO part, and extends down into the vaporizer cylinder to just above the ceramic insert. It's purpose (I think) is to help all the vapor that would condense in the vaporizer tube condense on it, and drip back onto the ceramic. The DART tip can also be used to "dip" into oil, or to "pick up" a bit of wax, and to then have it be positioned perfectly for the heating core to cause it to melt and drip on the ceramic insert. I have two DART mouthpieces and have never used either. So I must let others here explain the advantages and proper usage of the DART mouthpiece extension.

The vaporizer part is probably the most confusing. Thermovape makes both LV/LR (3.x volt) and SV (standard voltage, 6v) vaporizers. In your case (Ultra or UltraLite), you want a low voltage (LV) or low resistance (LR) vaporizer. The LV Revolution, LV DART, and LR AVA vaporizers are all electrically identical, and are all suitable for your needs. Here's what the differences are. The LV DART and LR AVA cores are identical except for the engraving on the side. The difference is that the LV DART comes with a DART mouthpiece extension and the LR AVA comes with a standard mouthpiece. The Revolution is a little different in the construction of the metal cylinder. Instead of a solid tube that the mouthpiece goes into, there is a cutout low down on one side, and an outer rotating metal shell that when rotated can expose and cover the cutout. This is to facilitate you putting your concentrate directly on the ceramic plate from the side of the vaporizer cylinder rather than dropping it in from the top where the mouthpiece goes. I don't own a Revolution as I only use oil, and there are problems with oil leaking out of the Revo cutout, and it generally becoming a sticky mess. Again I will rely on others here to give you their experiences with the Revo core versus the DART core. For your needs, I think the DART or AVA core might be the correct choice.

E-cig: UltraLite paired with the AVA-LR that comes with the "Tru-Flow Drip Tip" which I assume is where I put the drops of juice in. So... the Alpha UltraLite page, the $90 one is for the body and batteries, right? Then if I want e-cig ability, what am I supposed to get? The "AVA-LR Low Resistance - USA Made Atomizer" ? That's another $40.Do I have to get the AVA from TV or can I get a cheaper one that would work with this (without an adapter) ? Then if I want to get some concentrates (BHO) going, I go for the $55 "ThermoVape Revolution LV (Low Voltage) Vaporizer Cartridge" right? $140 just for oil when an Omicron is available for $120 doesn't make sense...

You need the battery parts, one core, and one mouthpiece. With two batteries and a charger the Ultra body is $100 and the UltraLite body is $90. The LV AVA core with a standard mouthpiece is $40. If you want separate vaporizer cores for your E-Juice and your concentrates, you will have to buy a second core. An extra core without mouthpiece is $35 (or $40 if you want it with a second mouthpiece, or $45 if you want it with a DART extension). If you don't mind adding a couple of drops of thc oil to a core that you also use for E-Juice you can get away with just one core.

It's really late now, and I'm passing out, so I will have to leave for tomorrow going to the ThermoVape web site and getting you links to each of the items you want. You should be aware that ThermoVape bends over backwards to let you order exactly what you need. Their web site doesn't always make it easy to figure out how.

Nic

I highly recommend the Alpha Ultra over the Alpha Ultralite. I bought the Ultralite first, and if I could do it again I would have bought it second haha. I like having both, but the Ultra is easier to work with and only very slightly bigger (only $10 more too IIRC).

Quetzalcoatl

My goodness, thank you so much! Around 10 minutes after posting that I was thinking about energy consumption and figured I'd be getting at least 2-3x more hits with the Ultra. I just like how sleek the UL looks, although I think the better choice here will be the Ultra for me.

Once again, thanks A LOT for taking the time to break it down like that for me, Haywood. Their site has dead links and no real explanation on there :/ Think I'll have me a nice birthday present here soon :)

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
Glad to be of help; it's usually sometimes better when you figure out what you want before you order it. :p

Let me know if you need any link pointers to specific items in the ThermoVape web site. A good link (that's surprisingly difficult to find) to explore almost everything that ThermoVape sells, from complete packages to individual O-Rings, is this one.

Quetzalcoatl

Thanks. It's looking like it's going to be the TV Ultra with the AVA atomizer. You mentioned that I could put the odd drop of oil (BHO is what I mean) directly onto the atomizer and be fine, which works out well for be because my collective of choice gets their "honey" in small .5 and 1g syringes for easy dispensing. More than anything I would like to have a functional e-cig with the option of switching to concentrates in as little time as possible, since I am still getting satisfactory use from my MFLB (with flower and oil.) My relationship with oil goes so far that I only need it in special circumstances, and only as little as I need, so I think a small drop of it on the atty will give me enough hits to get rid of it and not get too into the way of the e-juice/e-cig experience. I don't need it constantly.

I also gave some more thought to what you and OF said about the price being high. It is made fully out of metal, in the US, and completely cleanable. I don't think I gave it a fair-enough thought, I was just looking at the numbers and they kept adding up more and more. I should theoretically be able to use these for a long time with proper maintenance, I won't really have to worry as much if I feel this one slipping from the hand, it can be completely cleaned (which is a huge plus now that I give it more mind.) How long realistically do the atomizers/revolution last?

Quetzalcoatl,

OF

How long realistically do the atomizers/revolution last?

"A lot of grams" might be a good answer? Stuff in there is tough on tough. Heater burn outs are extremely rare I'm told (a few out of thousands) and I've found they're nearly impossible to foul out permanently.....Lord knows I tried my best. With the most nasty stuff I could find (including cheap bubble). It still cleaned up just fine.

Should you manage to kill it somehow (after the warranty runs out), or just decide it's not doing what you want any more, for $15 Tim and the guys will rebuild it for you and you can start again.

Go ahead, wear it out, I dare you!

OF

OF,

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
Thanks. It's looking like it's going to be the TV Ultra with the AVA atomizer. You mentioned that I could put the odd drop of oil (BHO is what I mean) directly onto the atomizer and be fine, which works out well for be because my collective of choice gets their "honey" in small .5 and 1g syringes for easy dispensing. More than anything I would like to have a functional e-cig with the option of switching to concentrates in as little time as possible, since I am still getting satisfactory use from my MFLB (with flower and oil.) My relationship with oil goes so far that I only need it in special circumstances, and only as little as I need, so I think a small drop of it on the atty will give me enough hits to get rid of it and not get too into the way of the e-juice/e-cig experience. I don't need it constantly.

It sounds like you've come up with a good solution for your needs. I don't use mine for E-Juice, but it's really easy for me to put a small dose (one drop) of PG into my AVA and get six very serious hits out of the one drop. The PG comes in a .5g squeezable "ampule". Your collective's syringe dispenser sounds even better. I have no experience with BHO (or any other oil or wax or melt), just PG. Others here are experts and I'm sure would be happy to offer you any specific advice. I know that PG vapes especially clean, and there is essentially no residue left on the ceramic disks. I don't know if BHO leaves a residue, but if it does, the atomizer is really easy to clean.

It will be interesting to hear how using the same core for E-Juice and oil (BHO) works out. I can't think of any reason it won't, other than maybe when you need to medicate, you may get a bit more nicotine than you normally do. Or maybe you'll get a little buzz for a while after that when all you wanted was some nicotine.

The only "heads up" I can think to give you is to be careful not to overfill your AVA/DART with either E-Juice or oil. Over filling leads to poor performance and a sticky mess. I don't know how much E-Juice is proper, but OF's original advice on this about oils has proven to be accurate in my experience "Prime it with two or three drops, then don't add more until you've vaped up some of what's already there. Once primed, don't add more than a drop or two at a time." [Actually, he may not have said exactly that, but I don't recall and he's right here (see him over there?) to set the record straight if I'm in error]. You only have to prime it when it's new or after you clean it (iso bath and/or boiling water, not at the same time). Or maybe if you really suck it dry.

Oh, and it's good to get to know your particular core. Knowing your core will help you to distinguish between needing a fresh battery and needing a fresh load, especially when you're too medicated to remember when you last replaced either. When you first get your ThermoVape, charge up the batteries to full, then put one in and look down the the empty AVA cylinder while you turn it on. Count how many seconds it takes before you see the coil below the ceramic glowing orange. This is how long you should wait after turning on your vape before taking the first hit. If the battery is half dead from use, it will take longer (check it out yourself so you know how long your specific AVA takes as you use up a battery). If the core is hot/warm from recent previous useage, it will take less time.

I also gave some more thought to what you and OF said about the price being high. It is made fully out of metal, in the US, and completely cleanable. I don't think I gave it a fair-enough thought, I was just looking at the numbers and they kept adding up more and more. I should theoretically be able to use these for a long time with proper maintenance, I won't really have to worry as much if I feel this one slipping from the hand, it can be completely cleaned (which is a huge plus now that I give it more mind.) How long realistically do the atomizers/revolution last?

I don't recall commenting on the value of TV stuff, just pointing out how much the pieces you needed would cost. As long as you're "asking" though, I own almost every thing they make. I have enough mouthpieces and O-Rings to open a store. I live in both voltages. :) I think the world of ThermoVape as a company, and I think their products are outstanding, and a true value. I buy the best tools I can afford.

I have a T1 core that's 9 months old and works as well as it did the day I got it. My two SV (6v) Evo cores are only 6 months old, but they too work as well as they did day one. My SV (6v) DART core is 3 months old, and it still works great (it's my favorite for PG), and my LR AVA core and LV DART core are pretty new (a month), and guess what, they work well. You can go to ThermoVape's YouTube site and watch videos of them running a T1 over with a truck, and feeding it to a big dog. It still works.

b0

Cloudy...
I'm a little confused in the website. Want to buy a TV to vaporize herbs, but don't know exactly what pieces I need and how much it would be. Can some one help me please?

b0,

OF

I'm a little confused in the website. Want to buy a TV to vaporize herbs, but don't know exactly what pieces I need and how much it would be. Can some one help me please?

Well I can try anyway. I agree, the site doesn't work for me either, I can't find stuff I know is there...... And TV has a policy to remove things not immediately in stock, asking will usually get them for you but you gotta know what to ask for......

Anyway, herb vapes come in two styles, and two voltages, and even a couple of versions of some.... Let's take it steps? Evolution holds a little less, plenty for several solid hits, doesn't need stirring or other attention between hits, doesn't taste as 'clean' (purists don't like it as much), and is smaller by a bit and more stealthy. T1 is the other stuff (better taste, have to stir, holds a bit more, is bigger).

Which suits your fancy?

BTW, in round figures we're talking about $200 for the system you choose (batteries, charger, supply, vape itself, mouthpiece(s) and so on. TV has fairly regular 25% discount sales, I'd say chances of one 'around the holidays' is very high....but that's also a long way off. Models are about to change as well, in a few weeks or months products may well become unavailable (for purchase, they'll still have lifetime warranty support).

OF

OF,

b0

Cloudy...
Thanks for your answer, really apreciated. I think I will wait to see what they have to offer in a few weeks and continue using my iolite in the meantime.

b0,

OF

Thanks for your answer, really apreciated. I think I will wait to see what they have to offer in a few weeks and continue using my iolite in the meantime.

You're welcome, and your call. I would not expect the next version to be widely available in that time frame, more like months to be honest. Beta testing has not started on any of it AFAIK. A few weeks from now I would expect a more limited selection.

OF

OF,

hawper

First off, thanks fellas for breaking it down so much. Seems like TV should reward you for making this process a bit easier.

So I think I've settled on the TV Alpha Ultra with the DART. I'm planning to use it as a portable honey oil vape. I like the look and size on the UltraLite, but the returns on battery life and not a huge change in size has me leaning towards the Ultra.

So I guess I would start with this base unit (~$100):
http://thermovape.com/collections/all/products/alpha-ultra

...and to finish it for oil usage I would just need the DART LV? Only problem is the link listed doesn't work:
http://thermovape.com/collections/r...cts/thermovape-revolution-dart-lv-low-voltage

Do you usually buy direct, or is their some other source?

hawper,

OF

First off, thanks fellas for breaking it down so much. Seems like TV should reward you for making this process a bit easier.

...and to finish it for oil usage I would just need the DART LV? Only problem is the link listed doesn't work:
http://thermovape.com/collections/r...cts/thermovape-revolution-dart-lv-low-voltage

Do you usually buy direct, or is their some other source?

You're very welcome, glad to help when I can. I can't speak for the others of course, but for me the reward is helping folks find gear that suits them in getting away from combustion. Nasty stuff, that......

I agree with the LV DART and Ultra combination, and think you're going about buying it right. However, I think you've run into the shortage of "Revolution" marked tubes (why the link is dead, there's no stock). Not to worry, contact TV and tell 'em what you want and they can build you up a DART assembly using the e-cig tube instead. Same part, just says "AVA" on it instead.

I've always got my gear from the shop (it's about 20 miles away.....), although I understand some places also sell it and may have LV DARTs in stock?

OF

hawper

Thanks again. Yeah I just sent off an email to ThermoVape, seemed like the easiest way to go about it. Pretty excited as I've been waiting for this portable errl vape tech to come along for a while, and it seems like everythings together in a solid, reliable package here.

Yeah, I found this source which has the Revolution Dart, but I don't think they have the Alpha Ultra.

What is the battery life diffences between the Revolution and the Alpha Ultra? And the other only real differences between them is the size/battery type?

hawper,

OF

What is the battery life diffences between the Revolution and the Alpha Ultra? And the other only real differences between them is the size/battery type?

Yes, the Revolution supply is a fair bit bigger, more so in diameter than length I think. Much bigger than needed for a typical session. It started life driving T1 remember. About 3 times the battery life. Remember you have to stop the fun to add more concentrate anyway, it's very easy to swap the battery at the same time....should you need to. I've never counted, but I suspect you're looking at fifty or more serious hits with the Ultra? Maybe half a gram?

OF

OF,

hawper

Awesome, those numbers sound good to me. Got a reply from TV, and it was just as OF stated:

"They are out of stock, but you can have an AVA Atomizer built as a DART. The only trade off is that it will say "AVA" on it instead of "Revolution". Go ahead and purchase a Low Voltage Revolution Window cartridge and but an order note in mentioning you would like to trade it for a DART Cartridge and we'll make the appropriate changes."

Just placed my order for an Alpha Ultra and DART combo. Now I'm getting excited. If TV would make their website more user friendly, they'd blow up even more than they already are. Anyhows, initial impressions and reviews coming soon!

hawper,
Top Bottom