Discontinued Thermovape Alpha Ultralite

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker

I just tried it again with some wax and it seems to be working a lot better. I waited 7 hours from boiling itI only put a small dab on again and got about 3 hits off of it and you cant even really tell that i loaded it with anything now. However it is making a crackling sound now, i know that could mean i didnt purge it goodl enough, but im fairly sure i did it also passes the foil test and ive loaded up the same wax in my microG and it doesnt crackle. Could the crackling be from water left in the ceramic and not drying long enough?

Also, what is a 20/20/20 burn?

Thanks sooo much for everyones help!

Could the crackling be from water left in the ceramic and not drying long enough?

Also, what is a 20/20/20 burn?

Thanks sooo much for everyones help!

It's probably just a little water left behind. I get the same noise when I don't let my DART dry long enough.

A 20/20/20 burn is heating for 20 seconds, off for 20, then another 20 second heat cycle. I like to swap my batteries during the cooldown, that way the second 20 second burn is most effective.

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
It's probably just a little water left behind. I get the same noise when I don't let my DART dry long enough.

A 20/20/20 burn is heating for 20 seconds, off for 20, then another 20 second heat cycle. I like to swap my batteries during the cooldown, that way the second 20 second burn is most effective.

Thanks! How long should i wait after boiling to do the 20/20/20, can i dry off the tank with a paper towel and then do it or should i wait?

Mynameismud,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
Thanks! How long should i wait after boiling to do the 20/20/20, can i dry off the tank with a paper towel and then do it or should i wait?
I have a heavy cleaning regime, I will iso shake in a bag and leave it for an hour, dump it in boiling water in the middle of the pot held by a strainer for 20 min, then off to the oven at 175 or lowest the oven will go. Do not include the derlin mouthpieces if you decide to speed up drying by oven baking at low. I've had an entire t1 melt into goo because I forgot it was in the oven.. The oven baking will get all remaning moisture out of the ceramic and be ready for your treasured concentrate. As the wise OF says, "load small and often" keep that ceramic wet and your golden. If your having trouble keeping the switch up for more than 20 seconds, you can put a small piece of **tinfoil under the metal sleeve not under the battery** This will allow the device to "arm" as soon as you screw it down. You will see vapor coming from the bottom in no time and proceed to inhale yummy vapour. Please remember to unscrew it and take out tinfoil or battery when your finnished, or else the battery will die, or your house will burn down. That is my disclaimer.
dart milking a bubbler video, cheers and enjoy. thanks for the idea Quetzalcoatl! You rock :rockon:

OF

If your having trouble keeping the switch up for more than 20 seconds, you can put a small piece of tinfoil under the battery negative side, inside the metal tube. This will allow the device to "arm" as soon as you screw it down.

If you're going to frig the battery I wouldn't put the foil under the battery, put it under the battery tube (outside). "Between the tubes" so it raises the inner tube closing the switch but doesn't count on the foil to actually do the conducting.

OF

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
If you're going to frig the battery I wouldn't put the foil under the battery, put it under the battery tube (outside). "Between the tubes" so it raises the inner tube closing the switch but doesn't count on the foil to actually do the conducting.

OF
fine advice, will follow that

OF

Can anyone tell me if this Apex Ultra 3.7/6v base unit will work my my LV Dart.

Like a cop hitting a Doughnut Shop. Basically they're made for each other. When TV asked me to Beta test the first Revolutions, that's the supply they gave me to do it with (well not that exact one, but the same model and all). One might even say 'Revolution/DART was designed to run on that puppy' 'cuz if for sure was well tested with it. My advice is to jump on it, and a couple of these guys to power it:
http://www.lighthound.com/AW-17670-Protected-Rechargeable-Lithium-Battery_p_101.html

You'll be very happy you did. Great find, IMO. There can't be but a few loose out there left.

OF

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Like a cop hitting a Doughnut Shop. Basically they're made for each other. When TV asked me to Beta test the first Revolutions, that's the supply they gave me to do it with (well not that exact one, but the same model and all). One might even say 'Revolution/DART was designed to run on that puppy' 'cuz if for sure was well tested with it. My advice is to jump on it, and a couple of these guys to power it:
http://www.lighthound.com/AW-17670-Protected-Rechargeable-Lithium-Battery_p_101.html

You'll be very happy you did. Great find, IMO. There can't be but a few loose out there left.

OF
Done and done!! Only 2 left now.
Thank you very much for all your help!

OF

Done and done!! Only 3 2 left now.
Thank you very much for all your help!

You're very welcome, and again, congrats on the catch.

BTW, did you leave a comma out up there? Or add a space? Did you mean 'they had 3, now they have two' or 'I got mine, only thirty two left'.....

That might make a difference in some folk's decision processes I'm thinking?

OF

OF,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
That should read 2 left. :doh:

That might make a difference in some folk's decision processes I'm thinking?
Correct.My original post had a 3 crossed out and 2 next to it, which may have appeared as 32, oops, has been corrected. Sorry if i misled anyone unintentionally, of course.
If anyone was/is on the fence about purchasing or wants a back up, only 2 left after my purchase.

mephisto

I wanted to mention that TET is quite happy to refurbish any darts. I lost my ceramic pads and they will rehab the whole thing for $10. I know there were some hurt feelings when TET re-tooled for the Cera, but they stand by their word for supporting the 1st generation gear. Zeki is very quick to return e-mails as well.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
yea, i got two burned out cores that i need to send in and get rewound, one for my buddy's ultra. one for my ultra light. that one will probably find another home as well. stressing it less as d9 finally has the shorty tubes. got two of those today as well.

I wanted to mention that TET is quite happy to refurbish any darts. I lost my ceramic pads and they will rehab the whole thing for $10. I know there were some hurt feelings when TET re-tooled for the Cera, but they stand by their word for supporting the 1st generation gear. Zeki is very quick to return e-mails as well.

yea, i got two burned out cores that i need to send in and get rewound, one for my buddy's ultra. one for my ultra light. that one will probably find another home as well. stressing it less as d9 finally has the shorty tubes. got two of those today as well.

I also have a core I'd like rewound. It still works for the time being though, and I don't really want to be without it.

Bob, when you say shorty D9 tubes, do you mean shorter Omi carts?

OF

Bob, when you say shorty D9 tubes, do you mean shorter Omi carts?

I'm not Bob, but he meant the battery tube. Many of us have been waiting a long time for half inch or so shorter tubes so we can use the superior AW IMR 14500 (the same as TV uses.....) instead of the higher capacity but 'lower heat' 14650 originally used. Very useful power boost and a bit smaller total package.

Same carts.

OF

ArchVape

Princess of the Biscotti Republic
So the chinese ninja the thermovape ultraMax battery mod..hehehe. But chinese make their to fit 18650 imr and can stack 2x18350 imr for voltage of 7.4v full charge 8.4v which both have more power life then 17670 imr batteries. The shitty thing is it stainless steel housing and posts...which will offer more resistance and unwanted voltage drops unlike thermovape which use alum housing and brass posts for best conduction. I have seen them by 2 names: The Slider and The Cylon. The UltraMax mechanical mod his a voltage lost underload with revolution/Dart 1.5ohz dry core of .2 volts which is amazing! with a wet coil it is .10 with my setup. The Slider his a voltage lost underload dry core of .46 volts they is kind of bad lol and wet core of .3 which is ok. Both was tested with full charge AW IMR 3.7(4.2)volts. I'll sandpaper all the plating of the contacts and post tosee if i get better volt underload.

I just find these funny... :p

68588_437648096321079_358761174_n.jpg

So the chinese ninja the thermovape ultraMax battery mod..hehehe. But chinese make their to fit 18650 imr and can stack 2x18350 imr for voltage of 7.4v full charge 8.4v which both have more power life then 17670 imr batteries. The shitty thing is it stainless steel housing and posts...which will offer more resistance and unwanted voltage drops unlike thermovape which use alum housing and brass posts for best conduction. I have seen them by 2 names: The Slider and The Cylon. The UltraMax mechanical mod his a voltage lose underload with revolution/Dart 1.5ohz dry core of .2 volts which is amazing! with a wet coil it is .10 with my setup. The Slider his a voltage lose underload dry core of .46 volts they is kind of bad lol and wet core of .3 which is ok. Both was tested with full charge AW IMR 3.7(4.2)volts. I'll sandpaper all the plating of the contacts and post tosee if i get better volt underload.

I just find these funny... :p
Nice find. Price? I could see having one as a backup.

kingofnull,
Top Bottom