Discontinued Thermovape Alpha Ultralite

OF

Great video, Bob, shows the size and other difference very well.

Nice to see you in a clean shirt too, looks new?

Thanks, Bro.

OF

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
What's playing in the background? Sounds like Massive Attack :luv:
no, it's HDTA (how to destroy angels) trent reznor's side project w/ his wife.
love me some attack, tho ;)
Great video, Bob, shows the size and other difference very well.

Nice to see you in a clean shirt too, looks new?

Thanks, Bro.

OF
thanks, not new, just clean
even tho it's early i put on a freshie. knew you'd be watching
gotta dress to impress, lol

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
Nice Vid!!!

I was waiting for you to try the carts on the Ultra but...

Do you notice thicker vapor with the Ultra?

Tim

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Nice Vid!!!

I was waiting for you to try the carts on the Ultra but...

Do you notice thicker vapor with the Ultra?

Tim
yea i meant to but spaced, happens when making vids, lol
that was a 2nd try and i had to test them to make sure they worked before shooting.
i do find that the ultra has a little more power than an omi (even w/ hvd head), mostly due to the adapter, but it's pretty minimal. maybe a point or two volt-wise. don't have a multimeter yet (i know, ridiculous at this point.) but definitely more than the ultra light, i'd guess that's closer to .4-5 (again guessing) battery life is much improved as well, but if you like discretion, don't mind carrying extra batts and only need a few hits (15-20 or so iirc OF ran a similar test at the/near the beginning of the thread) it's perfect.

Bob Loblaw,
Reactions: OF

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Whats the best 510 battery to run an LV dart(besides ultra/lite/max)? My friend just aquired one and has a 510 battery(not sure what brand) but there is a 10 sec cut off which is really annoying...

Mynameismud,

OF

Whats the best 510 battery to run an LV dart(besides ultra/lite/max)? My friend just aquired one and has a 510 battery(not sure what brand) but there is a 10 sec cut off which is really annoying...

Basically they all have it. It's an e-cig thing. I've seen them from about 8 to 12 seconds but basically it's a standard safety feature for juice. Even the V1 Omicron has it. Basically your friend needs to learn to deal with it or get and Omicron or Persei or TV supply. The TV supplies will outperform the D9 ones with the same battery, due to lack of electronic losses.

In the e-cig world, the Ego Twist is worth looking into. It drives the DART very well indeed.....IIRC Pipes discovered this?

OF

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Basically they all have it. It's an e-cig thing. I've seen them from about 8 to 12 seconds but basically it's a standard safety feature for juice. Even the V1 Omicron has it. Basically your friend needs to learn to deal with it or get and Omicron or Persei or TV supply. The TV supplies will outperform the D9 ones with the same battery, due to lack of electronic losses.

In the e-cig world, the Ego Twist is worth looking into. It drives the DART very well indeed.....IIRC Pipes discovered this?

OF
OF your the best as usual! I obviously already know about the D9 and thermovape supplies, but non cera thermovape supplies are hard to come by these days and D9 is pretty expensive to just get it for the battery. He asked me if there was anything cheap thatll work with a longer cut off so I figured id ask around. I will tell him about the ego twist though. Thanks again for the help!

Mynameismud,

OF

He asked me if there was anything cheap thatll work with a longer cut off so I figured id ask around. I will tell him about the ego twist though. Thanks again for the help!

You're welcome.

There are some cheap and dirty 'switch and battery in a box' supplies out there, but I can't recommend any of the ones I know of.

My advice is to learn to deal with the time out. It's amazing how quickly you learn to go 9 seconds, drop power for a count of one, then back for nine more without thinking about it. I sometimes catch myself doing it with D9 and TV supplies out of habit.......

OF

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Should a LR AVA work the same as a LV Dart? Heat up time, performance.
I was offered one when i was looking for a backup Dart and was told it was similar to the Dart. I dont know if its the exact specs but im sure OF knows. If not i believe you could always have it rebuilt as an LV dart

Mynameismud,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
I was offered one when i was looking for a backup Dart and was told it was similar to the Dart. I dont know if its the exact specs but im sure OF knows. If not i believe you could always have it rebuilt as an LV dart
Contacting TET now to get RMA process started. Thanks for reply.

Silver420Surfer,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I put bubble hash in mine, cleaned it a few times, and it vapes juice just fine. No noticeable damage other than the ceramic turned black. Doesn't seem to be clogged. I also ran some CO2 oil in it and it vaped very well and cleaned up much easier than the bubble.

OF

I put bubble hash in mine, cleaned it a few times, and it vapes juice just fine. No noticeable damage other than the ceramic turned black. Doesn't seem to be clogged. I also ran some CO2 oil in it and it vaped very well and cleaned up much easier than the bubble.

I've run a fair bit of bubble though Revolutions in the early days. IMO Revolution with it's window works much better than DART, I stir the goop between hits with a wooden toothpick. Often 'massaging' it against the wall to stir it up since only the part actually contacting the plate will work for you.

I also found some bubbles are easier to scoop out than others. The ones that didn't scoop out well went into the Iolite instead.

The system really shines with CO2 or good BHO of course, a tiny Cera EO core if you will?

OF

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Tim told me in a few months maybe. They're doing the Cera Mini right now! In the Cera thread, a few pages back in the video that was posted, I believe it makes its appearance when Nate is talking (you can see a smaller Cera unit standing to the right of the monitor behind him.) I'm also anxiously waiting so I can clean my DART and put it in the safe ;)

OF

I believe it makes its appearance when Nate is talking (you can see a smaller Cera unit standing to the right of the monitor behind him.) I'm also anxiously waiting so I can clean my DART and put it in the safe ;)

I wouldn't put too much stock in that. Remember that part video is probably 5 or moths old, Noah is not there now..... It's an ongoing project since way before that I'm told. A month or two back, Nate (not Noah) blew through the shop, shook my hand and 'promised' to debut the Beta Test Mini for me 'next week sometime'. That never panned out. When I asked, 'it's being worked on' was the answer. AFAIK that's still the case. I expect to be one of the first to know, and as you know I can't be trusted to keep such secrets.....

Soon I think (with adapters to follow), but not yet?

I too am hoping for an early retirement for your DART, I retired mine a bit ago when Cera came to town, but it still keeps showing up at work anyway. What the saw about a dependable work horse?

OF

OF

Alpha Ultra + DART been seeing a ton of use lately. I've finally really found the sweet spot with this thing, and get consistent vapor every time.

Yup, a truly 'made for each other' deal.

It's funny, you get a 'feel' for it using it exclusively for a while (at least I did). Like driving a sports car, after a bit you don't look at the tach or spedo anymore.....except when there's a cop behind you of course.

It's also a good idea to change your technique for a bit with DART in that case as well?

OF

OF,
Welp, my switch appears to have stopped working. The cart still operates fine as I'm able to run it on Ego batteries. I've tried cleaning the shell and resetting the switch. Any other ideas?

kingofnull,
Top Bottom