Discontinued Thermovape Alpha Ultralite

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Alright... got all the parts and batteries for the Ultra Res set up for my hunny in the mail today. The Res part from Dragonfly Ecigs is JUST the top part, the ceramic Res and the part that lets you screw it into the battery chamber, but does not come with battery chamber or atomizer.

I went ahead and ordered another Ultra body so he could have his own (hands off mine!!) and I had also acquired another LR AVA atty, but he did not like how slow it was to produce vapor, so we popped a standard SS 510 atty in there, and it's running great so far. He is actually using it!

I was worried at first when he didn't like the AVA, though, he did not at all give it time to warm up and get going, he just tried hitting it a couple of times and said, it's not working. A bit impatient, maybe it was just not the right time to present it to him. None the less, he's liking it now so we shall see if it sticks.

Jeez even with the discount though it's pretty expensive. I can see if its something you're going to use regularly, but I mostly dabble

kingofnull,
Reactions: ogcook

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Ill take yourdart if you wanna part with it!

On another note, i found this Efest IMR 14500 LiMn 700mAh battery, would this be compatible with the ultra and does anyone know how it would compare to the AW IMR 14500 600 mAh

http://www.myvaporstore.com/Efest_IMR_14500_LiMn_700mAh_Battery_Button_Top_p/ef145007.htm

Also, is it okay to use a battery if the plastic red coating is chipped? Im missing about a mm from the bottom of one of my AW imr battery

Mynameismud,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
The good news is, he's liking the Ultra Res w/ regular 510 atty. :D It was a steep price to pay for a small part, but if he continues to use it, I will feel satisfied. I heard back from Tim at TET and those Res systems are becoming rare if not impossible to find, esp. the Ultra sized one. So that could be one of the last online sources for those parts (dragonfly ecigs)

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
The good news is, he's liking the Ultra Res w/ regular 510 atty. :D It was a steep price to pay for a small part, but if he continues to use it, I will feel satisfied. I heard back from Tim at TET and those Res systems are becoming rare if not impossible to find, esp. the Ultra sized one. So that could be one of the last online sources for those parts (dragonfly ecigs)

I just heard back, you got the last one! Thats the one missing item from my collection... :(

Tim

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Wow! Really?? I have to say I spent a good bit of time combing the web for any indication of a website still selling that Res set up. I wonder how many more are hiding out there in a small e cig shop somewhere.

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
So im just not getting the hang of the dart LV with the ultra body. I load it up (been doing about .1 or less at a time) if i dont put the mouthpiece on and hold the button, after about 10 seconds i can see it start bubbling and vapor forming, and then i put the moutpiece on and inhale and get a little bit of vapor, however if i hold the button for about 10 seconds with the mouthpiece already on, and then inhale, i dont get anything really and if i do i can only see vapor when exhaling directly under my desk lamp...

At this pooint i feel like im just wasting oil, i just dont get it, am i do something wrong? Also ive been having to hold itfor about 10 seconds everytime before vapor starts forming even back to back, is that normal?

Mynameismud,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Yeah AW imr 14500 600 mah, and it takes a good 15-20 seconds before i get any vopor production. Ive got 3 of them and they all seem to be about the same, i also have a AW protected 750 mah but that one performs worse. I bought the unit from the classified section and the batteries came with it,could it be the batteries or should i consider sending the dart to thermovape to get looked at? It definetly is working cause i can see the orange glow and after about 15-20seconds the top of the ultra gets hot but im only getting very weak hits and occasialy i get huge one here and there but that has only happened after about a 20 sec warm up followed by a 15-20 second hit.

Mynameismud,

mephisto

My ultra takes at least 10-15 seconds to warm up. Then, its another 10-15 sec. of sips/draws. This usually results in very good amounts of vapor. I have found that my extract likes to climb the walls of the dart, away from the heat. To help keep the heat contained, a small piece of silicon over the dart works well. I find that the oil needs to be "re-packed" down onto the ceramic. I use qwiso and sometimes a bubble will form
in between the oil and the heater. By pressing this back down, constant heat can be delivered to the oil. When the battery is fresh of the charger, the oil tends to run from the heat more. By throttling the switch, I can keep the oil liquified, and smaller "drags" tend to prevent lifting the oil away from the heat. This setup is an awesome delivery system for me, I really noticed a performance increase when I switched to the IMR cells instead of the black AW 14500 cell.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
it looks like the consensus is either ur concentrate is crawling or ur batts suck ass
fwiw, it's always good to have extra batts so i'd get some no matter what, but...
if ur concentrate has crawled up the sides a quick fix is to run a lighter gently around the top of the cart (dart top or mp removed) to heat the oil up and send it down to the ceramic. hope ya have better luck!

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
The oil is definetly on the ceramic, and when it isnt ive been scraping around the edges with a paper clip and dripping it back onto the center of the disc. Im can see that im getting vaporand it tastes amazing its just very whispy and i rarely get huge hits. Im gonna order some new aw imr batteries and also try the efest imr batteriescause I saw some tests of it performing better than the AW imr. Im probably just gonna end up re listing it in the classifieds though cause this just isnt living up to the hype i expected so far

Mynameismud,

Globbs

The oil is definetly on the ceramic, and when it isnt ive been scraping around the edges with a paper clip and dripping it back onto the center of the disc. Im can see that im getting vaporand it tastes amazing its just very whispy and i rarely get huge hits. Im gonna order some new aw imr batteries and also try the efest imr batteriescause I saw some tests of it performing better than the AW imr. Im probably just gonna end up re listing it in the classifieds though cause this just isnt living up to the hype i expected so far
If you have a multimeter check your voltages on the batteries. My aw imr batts come off the charger @4.2v. With fresh off the charger batteries the ultra/dart combo rips! Usually my first hit is slightly wispy, second hit I need something to hold on too. Maybe try loading a little more than you have been.
I also like to soften my oil with a lighter on the dart tip. I think it helps speed up priming.

OF

The oil is definetly on the ceramic, and when it isnt ive been scraping around the edges with a paper clip and dripping it back onto the center of the disc. Im can see that im getting vaporand it tastes amazing its just very whispy and i rarely get huge hits.

My money's on not enough concentrate loaded. There has to have been oil near the heater to make the vapor that condensed on the walls for you to scrape off. It doesn't magically defy gravity to escape the heat, it's being evaporated normally and condensing first chance it gets. If there was more to follow it, it might have made it through the UFO to you instead. It's normal for condensate to happen, you're supposed to have a big enough load to overcome it. I think you're starving it, I'd try to add another .05 grams.

Does the surface of the ceramic look wet? Please take a close look? TIA

OF

OF,
Reactions: Globbs

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
My money's on not enough concentrate loaded. There has to have been oil near the heater to make the vapor that condensed on the walls for you to scrape off. It doesn't magically defy gravity to escape the heat, it's being evaporated normally and condensing first chance it gets. If there was more to follow it, it might have made it through the UFO to you instead. It's normal for condensate to happen, you're supposed to have a big enough load to overcome it. I think you're starving it, I'd try to add another .05 grams.

Does the surface of the ceramic look wet? Please take a close look? TIA

OF

Is there a better way to clean, i boiled twice for about 5 minutes each time but the ceramic is completely black still? Also i noticed theres like an indent (maybe a chip) in the cermic near the metal ring. You cant see it when looking directly down but if you look at it from an angle its like indented in one spot under the metal ring. Ill try getting a picture but i dont think itll be noticeable. Is this a problem or am I worrying for nothing?

If you have a multimeter check your voltages on the batteries. My aw imr batts come off the charger @4.2v. With fresh off the charger batteries the ultra/dart combo rips! Usually my first hit is slightly wispy, second hit I need something to hold on too. Maybe try loading a little more than you have been.
I also like to soften my oil with a lighter on the dart tip. I think it helps speed up priming.

I dont have a multimeter, i was just gonna try getting some fresh new batteries since the ones i got came second hand with the unit. Your description makes me feel better though, i think im starting to get the hang of it. The past couple times i used it the first hit is whispy an dthe next one is a lot bigger but im trying to get a hit where i can barely hold it in and that hasnt happened.

Mynameismud,

OF

Ive also tried adding more so where i take a hit or two and the entire bottom of the cart looks wet and you cant really see the ring or the ceramic but the results have been similar. Ive been using some really sticky oil i bought (im assuming bho based of the smell) i just boiled my cart and am gonna try some wax i made earlier and see if thats any better.

Is there a better way to clean, i boiled twice for about 5 minutes each time but the ceramic is completely black still? Also i noticed theres like an indent (maybe a chip) in the cermic near the metal ring.

Could well be concentrate, a hit or two for that much isn't normal. What happens when you do a 'foil test' (heat a bit on foil from below and see if it melts quickly and fully, flows easily and evaporates completely)?

Try a 20 or so minute soak in the highest concentration ISO you can get, boil again, then do a '20/20 20 burn' and you should be about as clean as you're going to get.

The 'chip' you see is actually a gap. It's designed in. Some have two smaller gaps. It lets the vapor formed under the plate (most of the total) out....that gap is your friend, it's keeping the vapor from coming out the vents backwards.....

OF

Top Bottom