Discontinued The Woodeez Vaporizer/Diffuser

lwien

vape4health said:
We are talking about only chaging the volts from ~12 to ~14 , if you plug a 18 volt supply into your vape it could just burn the wires out of the inside of the vape and trash your supply .
And burn down your house. Careful here guys.

lwien,

karazi

Only time my (former) zap glowed red, almost on fire on the inside, was when I plugged a HP notebook's power supply into it out of desperation because I was away at the time. Wasn't good but it survived, burnt smell mostly subsided. In this case my Linksys wall wart gets nowhere near that hot, I would saw maybe 4-5 degrees higher than the Jameco it came with. I find it perfect when water filtrating.

karazi,

vape4health

Most of the laptop power supplys I checked said like 19 volts and a few amps , WAY too high .

I'm just looking for the right volts to not have to use a can coolie .

vape4health,

Pdiddy420

Hey frequent lurker, first time poster just wanted to post a review after a few days of use.
My current line up in rough order of acquisition is a BC globe style, Vapir classic, Volcano classic, Vapir air one, SSV, MF launch tube, 2 PDs, ML launch box and now a Woodeez. Todd was great to deal with and my walnut unit arrived on Dec 24th (Christmas wood!). Dealing with Todd directly was like it was with Tom before distribution by Vapenow. I left my purple people at home and brought my new woodeez to give it a shake down cruise on my travels over Christmas. Overall it looks beautiful and works great, same as my current 2 of this style and it will be in rotation with them for my regular use. My other vapes have taken a back seat for at home use, wood vapes all the way (MFLB for portable)! I will now recommend the Woodeez to anyone wanting a 1-2 person home vape. I feel Todds professional attitude since this new thread is what is needed to help me unload some of my hard earned cash. Todd also working to improving the fit and finish on an already nice unit from what I hear.

Hey Todd any info on the nylon you use? Chemical compatibility with Iso seems good, is the stuff you use compatible with the temperatures it is seeing? I will say that the #5 stuff looks a little nicer/cleaner.

Also we need an official short form. I vote WDZ

Just going to hit my new LW mini-lnline with the WDZ before I chow down on 3 lobsters!!!:brow::ko:
Big FC to all you posters out there, I love to get my daily dose of vape news.
:peace:

Pdiddy420,

Cr8z13

Thanks for the review, Pdiddy420. How would you say the WDZ compares to the PD in terms of how they hit? Do you get more visible vapor with one over the other?

Cr8z13,

jofroxp

hey guys, um maybe the wrong thread, but since you guys were talking about adapters, can you guys clarify...I'm getting an MZ soon, and I want to eliminate the problems of adapters before I get it, so can someone explain this in detail? Sorry I'm a noob at electronics.. :peace:

jofroxp,

jofroxp

To state what I mean clearly, I don't exactly know what kind of power adapters to cater to the MZ...I thought it came with it, so I'm slightly confused as to why some people need to buy adapters from radio-shack etc..when they already got one with the total package of the MZ...Sorry if I am clearly ignorant of details that you fellas/ladies know.

jofroxp,

max

Out to lunch
jofroxp said:
To state what I mean clearly, I don't exactly know what kind of power adapters to cater to the MZ...I thought it came with it, so I'm slightly confused as to why some people need to buy adapters from radio-shack etc..when they already got one with the total package of the MZ...Sorry if I am clearly ignorant of details that you fellas/ladies know.
Yes you get an AC adapter for power. Some are interested in a higher voltage supply than what's supplied, in order to get a hotter temp.

max,

aero18

vaporist
jofroxp said:
Some adaptors run at higher volts. I think the one that comes with the MZ runs at 12 or 13 volts.

The temperatures that this type of vaporizer (MZ, WDZ, PD) is dependent on the volts. The higher the volts, the higher the temperature.

Some find the 12-13 volt a bit on the low end of the vaporizing scale and apparently you do not get really brown herbs with those volts.

If you use a water pipe and want to suck out more cannabinoids (there are some with higher boiling points than THC), a higher voltage power adapter makes sense since the cooling effect of the water will allow it to not wreak havoc on your lungs and will still allow you more cannabinoids in the vapor.

Also, with higher temperatures come the prospect of having a more 'couch-lock' type high. It is more suited for physical ailments or relaxation.

Having the ability to have control over the temperatures is a nice freedom to have, especially if on some days you just want to sink into the couch or on other days be more active.

aero18,

vape4health

aero18 said:
Having the ability to have control over the temperatures is a nice freedom to have.
You nailed it .
I have voltage adjuster idea , it will be based on a LM350 but who know if it will work like I'm wanting it to , its just a laser driver but tweeked to let higher amps , I have used one befor to power a peltier ( TEC Devise ) and it was doing 12 volts @ 4 amps and nothing burned . I'll post after I dig my stuff out and give it a try .

vape4health,

lwien

aero18 said:
If you use a water pipe and want to suck out more cannabinoids (there are some with higher boiling points than THC), a higher voltage power adapter makes sense since the cooling effect of the water will allow it to not wreak havoc on your lungs and will still allow you more cannabinoids in the vapor.
Really? I find that when I use my PD thru a bong, a lot of the ABV gets black and many others report the same thing, that is, that the bud gets cooked at a higher temp when using a bong than without, and this is with the stock power supply.

lwien,

aero18

vaporist
lwien said:
aero18 said:
Really? I find that when I use my PD thru a bong, a lot of the ABV gets black and many others report the same thing, that is, that the bud gets cooked at a higher temp when using a bong than without, and this is with the stock power supply.
Yeah, I've read the same thing on the forum. It's still easier to vape at higher temperatures with a water pipe even if higher voltage power adapters aren't responsible for the higher temperatures.

aero18,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
IMO its not that the vape gets much hotter ( i think it may get a bit hotter when it is sitting upside down, the heat cannot rise and escape out the heat port )

I think its that we just take bigger hits and we vape the bowl past where we would normally stop if not using some water filtration.

I can get a bowl brown / black just hitting it normally.. but it takes awhile and does not taste the best.

Survivalism,

lwien

Survivalism said:
i think it may get a bit hotter when it is sitting upside down, the heat cannot rise and escape out the heat port
Never thought of that. Good point.

lwien,

reece

Other than higher temps, the power supply (really the cord) can crap out on you. Buying another locally is my first choice.

Survivalism said:
I can get a bowl brown / black just hitting it normally.. but it takes awhile and does not taste the best.
Yep.

reece,

jofroxp

yea....im baked so I guesss reeces pieces got it right..:o:D:ko::brow: so i should get a local one, which voltage do you think best for mytrlezap ..?

jofroxp,

jofroxp

to get it browner of course

friendly mod note: please use the edit button instead of making back to back posts minutes apart

jofroxp,

Rick

Zapman
jofroxp
You might try that question on the MZ thread. We offer a 13.5 volt transformer as an extra when ordering a Zap. I would not recommend going any higher voltage than that or brown will be black.

Rick,

reece

jofroxp said:
yea....im baked so I guesss reeces pieces got it right..:o:D:ko::brow: so i should get a local one, which voltage do you think best for mytrlezap ..?
No, I'm not saying you should buy one locally. One comes with the Zap. It's just when mine stopped working I went looked around town to avoid waiting for one to be shipped.

reeces pieces. I haven't been called that in years. :)

reece,
Top Bottom