Discontinued The Woodeez Vaporizer/Diffuser

CharlieBelmont

The PD and Zap stems all worked but I doubt you can find anything new too easy. Does it not have one with it? It wouldn't be too hard to make your own stems but the units and the stems are nearly bulletproof if it still has them. You have to replace the screen hardly ever. Pretty sure the zap and pd threads had info about the diameter of the tubing. Probably search for "stem diameter" by Rick... Also Ed's and possibly some other people made wooden ones, might be worth hitting him up. A glass person could make you one too. If you like that Hammer you will <probably> like the log.

vaporonly

living in a van down by the river
The PD and Zap stems all worked but I doubt you can find anything new too easy. Does it not have one with it? It wouldn't be too hard to make your own stems but the units and the stems are nearly bulletproof if it still has them. You have to replace the screen hardly ever. Pretty sure the zap and pd threads had info about the diameter of the tubing. Probably search for "stem diameter" by Rick... Also Ed's and possibly some other people made wooden ones, might be worth hitting him up. A glass person could make you one too. If you like that Hammer you will <probably> like the log.

comes with one. thank you very much for the info.

vaporonly,

vaporonly

what would be good place to get a replacement power adapter? I want stock output.

is that 12VAC 1000mA?

radio shack has one for $21 but i'm wondering if there is a better/cheaper option.

thank you. fcombustion rules

vaporonly,

vaporonly

I tried to edit my post but it's been too long, I found my answer on the stock output.

vaporonly,

vaporonly

that's the wrong one. I found an AC to AC 12V there but it is only rated at 800mA which doesn't seem like enough.

i didn't realize it would be so difficult finding a power adapter for this locally. guess i'll grab one online unless someone has any recommendations...

yes i bought the wdz that was a great deal on craiglist and yes the person sold me it with a bad power adapter. jerks!

vaporonly,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Unless you wanted to buy a test bench power supply that you can just dial into the voltage you need, your best bet is a tattoo parlor to see if they have any spare power supplies available. The standard for those are 12

CentiZen,

vaporonly

Unless you wanted to buy a test bench power supply that you can just dial into the voltage you need, your best bet is a tattoo parlor to see if they have any spare power supplies available. The standard for those are 12

thanks for that suggestion. i'll call some local tattoo parlor and see what i can find.

the 12v 800mA ac to ac that i got from radio shack seems to be heating the until up, but i'm only getting really whispy little hits....not sure if it is my technique or if the unit isn't getting hot enough or what.

vaporonly,

vaporonly

today i tried with a sock and letting it heat up longer. def got some nice hits but the remains are a little more golden then i'd like.

I'll try again later

question where is the air come into the log to heat up? Seems like i really have to pull to work this thing

vaporonly,

vaporonly

adv is darkening up as i have it on more and use it. i'd like it to go a little more brown but i'm hoping with time it will.

great taste so far.

vaporonly,

Will B. Good

Vapesperado
A week ago, after two years, my woodeez went cold in my very own hands. The same day my Arizer Solo arrived(and broke). I still have not checked the power adapter but I'm hoping that is the fault, since they are known for being short-lived. I've been busy with other matters in life (including my broken Solo) but I'll let you guys know later. Sucks having no vaporizer, this was my backup. I think it may be related with the cable "mangling" that came when I was testing the Arizer, before sending it back.

Will B. Good,

CharlieBelmont

Lame. Sorry to hear about your loss(es). Goodwill is a good place to get power adapters cheap if you aren't scared to pick through them for the right one. Best of luck

Will B. Good

Vapesperado
I just tested the adapter with a multimeter tester and it is reading 15V solid! this could very well be the reason for its malfunction. I thought my Woodeez was just running hot 'cause it was summer and it gets hot here. I did not see this as a bad thing since the ABV was coming out nice and dark like never before, providing great hits. But I just moved a couple of months ago and never tested the voltage in my 'new' outlet. It has been too long but I remember testing the adapter in the other outlet I used in my previous house/room and it was below 13V. I must have blown a resistor or something since the WZ remained connected 24/7 for around 2 months or so at 15V. I am not very electrical savvy but if anybody knows how to fix this, please refer me. Cheers.

Will B. Good,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
That's really not a voltage that should be damaging to the resistor... perhaps a solder joint melted?

CentiZen,
Top Bottom