Discontinued The Woodeez Vaporizer/Diffuser

vape4health

I was out doing some christmas shopping today so I took my WDZ and a power inverter from lowes , I had used that same 90 watt inverter with my DBV and I did notice I had to turn the buddha up a good bit from normal house setting . For some reason I didnt even think about it making the Woodeez run cooler too , but it did and I got little to no vapor :mad: I was gonna stop at RS but all the crazy ass traffic I just needed to get home . I put a glove on it to help get hotter and it did help a tiny bit .

My advise is check out your portable setup on a short test run close to home just to give it a test befor you really NEED to use it . I hope this helps someone else avoid a no vapor situation ( NVS )

Here is that inverter for $19.97 Edit : the inverter has a fan , its not that loud but like at the drive-in , it was a bit annoying .

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=11847-70-PI100ABX&lpage=none

vape4health,

highendvapes

Manufacturer
:mad: Bummer, I had the same situation with my SSV and Extreme running off an inverter while camping. I had to turn them up quite a bit from normal. At the time I thought that it was just cooler outside than normal. I've never tried my Woodeez with the inverter though.

Quomist, I got your emails. When I try to reply it bounces back. Package with transformer and a couple of vapor tubes on the way.

highendvapes,

vape4health

I when and got a wall wart from radio shack today . Let me start with the Jameco 12v really putts out 14.7v , all the volt checking is being done with a True RMS Digi Multi Meter and for reading volts and amps , I like to think I know what I'm doing , but I'm only a hobbiest with electronics so ..... The wall wart from RS is one that does 3v to 12v dc with a slide switch right on the wart , is a cool little thing . It did 12.02V on the meter , was enough to almost start getting a hit but not really . The body of the Woodeez was warm but I could tell not hot as it should be .

So the sum it up , to do it again I would get a 14.5 volt ( if that really is what it put out ) and the size or type tip is a "M" the brand that RS had was color coded and "M" was blue . I ended up cutting off the old tip , from the Jameco , and put the RS tip on that so it would get to the temp I like .

vape4health,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
Vape4health I had a similar problem recently, I found using an unregulated power lead left Avb black. I now have a regulated version from the same shop which seems fine. (However it is still hotter than the very first powerlead which I was also happy with, which was supposed to be 12v as well)

I asked them if they could test the voltage on the one i was bringing back, because I was sure it was putting out more than 12v. They said if you test it when nothing is drawing power off it, the reading would show higher voltage than 12v which is normal. Was this due to it been unregulated?

Happycamper,

highendvapes

Manufacturer
I've found that the unregulated 12v AC runs quite a bit hotter than 12v DC. With a regulated 12v DC power supply, it seems to produce alot less, if any, vapor. At 13.5v DC it seems to run close to the same as the 12v AC. When I first received one of these vapes, I purchased it used from Ebay and it came with a 12v DC power supply. I really didnt like it until I changed it out to a 13.5v DC supply. Then I was turned on to the 12v AC power supply, and think that it runs optimally on that. :2c:

highendvapes,

Cr8z13

highendvapes said:
Then I was turned on to the 12v AC power supply, and think that it runs optimally on that. :2c:
Do you sell them? I might like to get one for my Zap.

Cr8z13,

Cr8z13

Ah, you're right. For some reason I thought it was DC. I find that the 13.5v DC plug gives me the best performance. The 12v AC just doesn't get hot enough for my taste.

Cr8z13,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
The way the Zap holds heat and the amount of volts needed to get good thick vapor is completely different in the PD vs. the zap. I agree the Zap preforms better above the 12v
IMO. PD I would never try to go up, it is perfect as is.

IAmKrazy2,

reece

Definitely a preference thing. 13.5v with the Zap is too harsh for me. If the PD on 12v runs hotter than the Zap on 13.5 (if I remember your review), then the PD would be too harsh for me. I can't imagine using a koozie with the PD. I know you don't, Krazy, but some do. Different strokes...

reece,

lwien

Yeah, but something else to keep in mind. Even within the same manufacturer, being that these units are all hand made, no two will be alike. No two will have the exact same dimensions regarding height and diameter, and these variances in thickness of wood will have an affect on how hot or cold these units run along with the ambient temperatures. At a typical room temp of 70f, the ABV in my PD, after being fully vaped is a very, very dark brown. Starts off as a light golden brown and gets darker as I go. No need for hotter supply or a koozie. Not harsh in the least. But I would imagine that not all PD's are the same, just like not all Zaps are the same due to these manufacturer variances in wood thickness. When you add different types of woods, it causes even more of a variance, so I think the need for a hotter adapter would vary unit by unit, even more so than mfg by mfg, no?

lwien,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
It also depends on what your plugging into if your using an Unregulated supply. Not all wall sockets give the same output. Unregulated supplies drop in volts if they are not getting full voltage from the wall. If where you plugging has old or bad wiring you might not be getting the full power needed from that particular socket.
There are so many variables that affect how these particular kinds of vape make and retain heat. You have the voltage from the wall, the power supply, the type of wood, thickness of the wood, the ambient temperature, barometric pressure, what elevation you are at... too name a few... I am beginning too find that I have too pay attention too all the variables in order too have a pleasant experience.

DevoTheStrange,

reece

lwien said:
Yeah, but something else to keep in mind. Even within the same manufacturer, being that these units are all hand made, no two will be alike. No two will have the exact same dimensions regarding height and diameter, and these variances in thickness of wood will have an affect on how hot or cold these units run along with the ambient temperatures. At a typical room temp of 70f, the ABV in my PD, after being fully vaped is a very, very dark brown. Starts off as a light golden brown and gets darker as I go. No need for hotter supply or a koozie. Not harsh in the least. But I would imagine that not all PD's are the same, just like not all Zaps are the same due to these manufacturer variances in wood thickness. When you add different types of woods, it causes even more of a variance, so I think the need for a hotter adapter would vary unit by unit, even more so than mfg by mfg, no?
Good points.

DevoTheStrange said:
It also depends on what your plugging into if your using an Unregulated supply. Not all wall sockets give the same output. Unregulated supplies drop in volts if they are not getting full voltage from the wall. If where you plugging has old or bad wiring you might not be getting the full power needed from that particular socket.
There are so many variables that affect how these particular kinds of vape make and retain heat. You have the voltage from the wall, the power supply, the type of wood, thickness of the wood, the ambient temperature, barometric pressure, what elevation you are at... too name a few... I am beginning too find that I have too pay attention too all the variables in order too have a pleasant experience.
Which explains why I notice temp differences in different rooms. But, sometimes it seems the same socket gives different outputs. Could it also be dependent on other electrical devices drawing from the same circuit (not sure if that is the right word)?

reece,

lwien

reece said:
Could it also be dependent on other electrical devices drawing from the same circuit (not sure if that is the right word)?
I would think so. I'm no electrical engineer, but being that these vapes don't have any kind of regulated power supply, they would be subject to voltage and amperage variances.

lwien,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I know my PD will run at a lower temp about mid day when most of the things in the same room are most likely too be turned on. it is a building with old wiring. It also depends on where in the room I plug into as well. I am pretty sure the room I am in has two separate circuits depending on the side of the room. If I want it too run hot, I Plug it on the north side, lower on the south side. But I am aware of the power flowing through the building, so I tend too play musical wall sockets throughout the day.

DevoTheStrange,

vape4health

Do you guys on the west side see brown outs and stuff alot , where I live the power works perfect , it may go out with a huge storm but if I check my wall volt its rock solid . I have been to camp grounds and stuff that had wiring so bad the lights would get dim for long periods , to many people drawing off one small area .

Volts at my wall : 120.3

vape4health,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I work at a tattoo shop. we draw a shitload of power, so when a bunch of us are working the wall can drop down too 100-110 depending on where it is located. The power company loves energy hogs like us.
When we were at a different location and I had too sneak outside too smoke, I used too get stoned and watch the little wheel in the electric meter outside spin like it was trying too run away.
on a nice quite day where not much power is being sucked from the grid the walls will normally read 120v.

DevoTheStrange,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
DevoTheStrange said:
I know my PD will run at a lower temp about mid day when most of the things in the same room are most likely too be turned on. it is a building with old wiring. It also depends on where in the room I plug into as well. I am pretty sure the room I am in has two separate circuits depending on the side of the room. If I want it too run hot, I Plug it on the north side, lower on the south side. But I am aware of the power flowing through the building, so I tend too play musical wall sockets throughout the day.
Running a cleaning company for the last five years, I can say the power varies a lot between houses. I can tell this by the vacuum cleaners we use. They have an air driven beater bar, so performance can be noticably different and I can think of houses now where the power is not as good.

Also though it can be the specific powwer supply, even two transformers of the same make can vary in hotness imo.

Happycamper,

vape4health

I seen a few variable voltage supplies , they was around 90 bucks , at the time I was like fuck no , too much money , but now I can see where a switchable 12v to maybe 18v would be nice for traveling or just for home use too , crank it up for bed time .

I'll keep looking for a cheap 12 to 16-18ish volt .

I checked the Jameco again , with the woodeez as a load it does 12.95v no load 14.85v .
Amps 0.591 , I was expecting higher amps then that . Anyone try a 600mAh .

vape4health,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Definitely a preference thing. 13.5v with the Zap is too harsh for me. If the PD on 12v runs hotter than the Zap on 13.5 (if I remember your review), then the PD would be too harsh for me. I can't imagine using a koozie with the PD. I know you don't, Krazy, but some do. Different strokes...
Just for clarification I have a 13v (not 13.5, i canceled my order for one as a thought it may be overkill) and although the Zap clouds are not as thick as the PD, it seems the vape is harsher then the PD on 12v. Not a huge difference, but noticeable to me especially in the morning. This still seems to complexing me, as i still feel the Zap produces a very good low temp vape high for me, w/ less visible vapor.

vape4health. you find a cheap variable temp plug, you let me know.

IAmKrazy2,

vape4health

IAmKrazy2 said:
vape4health. you find a cheap variable temp plug, you let me know.
Best thing I found so far is a laptop power supply from Radio Shack , but its 90 bucks . I'll post anything I find .

vape4health,

pbmagnet4

Psyched, I've been counting down the days to when i recive my WZ. If anybody would like me to, I can make a good review when I get it. :brow:

pbmagnet4,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
Desktop supply, not a wall-wart, but this place has 12v up to 6amp and 14v up to 3amp

http://www.12vadapters.com/

around $20, plus $7 for shipping. You may have to change the plug.

The 12v 6a supply is kind of perfect for the charger for the A123Systems LiFePo4 batteries i use in the Bud Toaster.

Hippie Dickie,

karazi

I find the wall wart that comes with most standard Linksys routers is very good for the Aromazap, which means it has potential to be good for the Woodeez and PD as well. Produces a nice dark but not too dark brown popcorn. Definitely give it a shot if you have one laying around, just replace the one for the router with any other that fits, my router functions just the same.

karazi,

vape4health

karazi said:
I find the wall wart that comes with most standard Linksys routers is very good for the Aromazap, which means it has potential to be good for the Woodeez and PD as well. Produces a nice dark but not too dark brown popcorn. Definitely give it a shot if you have one laying around, just replace the one for the router with any other that fits, my router functions just the same.
You need to watch the volts , with something like this ( a dead short ) it will pull alot more amps if you give it higher volts , ohm's law stuff .

We are talking about only chaging the volts from ~12 to ~14 , if you plug a 18 volt ( I dont realy know what volt it would take to do this ) supply into your vape it could catch the vape on fire and trash your supply .

vape4health,
Top Bottom