Discontinued The Woodeez Vaporizer/Diffuser

Gatsby T Pig

I love the way these log-style vapes look and I especially like the efficiency.

I will probably purchase one of these but I have just one question.

Will Clear Dome's glass fit this particular vape?

Gatsby T Pig,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Yes, the PD stainless steel tips (what CD uses) should fit into other PD-style vapes' heat exchangers. People have confirmed that they work with the MZ, and since the WDZ is basically a direct copy of the PD I would imagine they work with it, too.

vtac,

Hammerzeit

Canada Post finally got my unit in today. Unfortunately the screen is missing. :( :( Other then that the unit is very stealth, could easily pass as a pencil sharpener. With a lil' gasket the stems would fit my bong perfect.

hawt woodeez pix here

Hammerzeit,

jimbo

winterize
Hammerzeit said:
Canada Post finally got my unit in today. Unfortunately the screen is missing. :( :( Other then that the unit is very stealth, could easily pass as a pencil sharpener. With a lil' gasket the stems would fit my bong perfect.

hawt woodeez pix here
How long did you have to wait to get your unit from when you got the shipping confirmation? I got my shipping confirmation last Friday...Ordered it on the 12th, just wondering because I'm in Canada too...

jimbo,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Unfortunately the screen is missing
Unless I'm mistaken, the WDZ doesn't have a screen in the unit itself, just a crossbar to hold the stem. The picture that OC513 posted had a screen that he had cut and put in himself.

momofthegoons,

Hammerzeit

momofthegoons said:
Unfortunately the screen is missing
Unless I'm mistaken, the WDZ doesn't have a screen in the unit itself, just a crossbar to hold the stem. The picture that OC513 posted had a screen that he had cut and put in himself.
Whew. I wasn't really worried but thats real reassuring. She's heating up as we speak, gonna run some damina

How long did you have to wait to get your unit from when you got the shipping confirmation? I got my shipping confirmation last Friday...Ordered it on the 12th, just wondering because I'm in Canada too...
Couple weeks, but Canada Post is REALLY SLOW in my area and we only get mail three times a week. :p

Hammerzeit,

jimbo

winterize
Couple weeks, but Canada Post is REALLY SLOW in my area and we only get mail three times a week.
Cool thanx, just being impatient and you're right Canada Post is really slow, I waited almost a month for 2 mendo mulcher grinders from rozndave and still waiting on a pollen press:(... by the way nice vape!

jimbo,

sneezyjesus

Lightly Toasted
vtac said:
Yes, the PD stainless steel tips (what CD uses) should fit into other PD-style vapes' heat exchangers. People have confirmed that they work with the MZ, and since the WDZ is basically a direct copy of the PD I would imagine they work with it, too.
In fact, Rick has said that he also has (Will have?) a glass guy as of late, so since the PD is and WDZ are both copies of the MZ, which is a copy of the Eterra, all of these Eterra style vapes should have compatible glass options. Clear Dome seems like a great guy to get a glass stem from; I don't know who Rick is in contact with, but using his option for glass may be an alternative as well.

Also, I'm curious, (And that is ALL, DO NOT accuse me of stirring shit up), why safety issues of the tube material can't be discussed here. The topic should absolutely be ONLY pertaining to the specific model in question to the exclusion of all others, but it seems redundant to start another thread when one so suited is already present and other threads have often contained questions about material safety.

Since, by all means correct me if I'm wrong as I may be, I recall reading that Todd went the MZ route and used nylon: http://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...d=607434&md5=37945bb33bdcf2920f14c3cc3cf94e78
"The results of this 4-week inhalation study indicated that exposure to uncoated Nylon RFP in rats did not produce adverse pulmonary effects at concentrations as high as 57 f/cm3 and gravimetric dust concentrations of 20 mg/m3."

I only urge objectivity.
(If talk of this issue definitively not allowed here, I'll edit and move the second part of this post, just leave a note telling me to do so.)

sneezyjesus,

sneezyjesus

Lightly Toasted
Hammerzeit said:
The stems get hot. Ow ow ow ow. :p
Does it? I've used similar stems and never actually felt heat radiating off of them. Are you sure it's not just the vapor?

sneezyjesus,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
The metal tip of these types of stems gets very hot. I have burned myself before, so be careful and make sure you have the stem propped with your "pointer" finger while hitting to keep it in the WDZ.

momofthegoons,

Hammerzeit

momofthegoons said:
The metal tip of these types of stems gets very hot. I have burned myself before, so be careful and make sure you have the stem propped with your "pointer" finger while hitting to keep it in the WDZ.
This x1000. The damiana seems to be having a sedative effect. :p

Hammerzeit,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
This x1000. The damiana seems to be having a sedative effect.
Lol, I know, right? I have a nice little "brand" under my chin from not paying attention.

Enjoy your relaxed state. ;)

momofthegoons,

panasonic

beachvaper said:
Looks like a nice vaporizer with many happy customers and great customer service. I see the stem is referred to as being composed of nylon. It looks like plastic?

Purple Days says their stems are plastic, polypropylene. Yesterday I came across an article that puts the blame on heated polypropylene in an asthma case: http://erj.ersjournals.com/cgi/reprint/7/2/415.pdf

modnote: If you are going to call a vaporizer's safety into question, you can make a thread in General Discussion. Do NOT do it in a model thread, especially in a 'competing' product's thread.
hope I don't anger the mods on this one, but I thought I'd point out that the polypropylene in question was being heated to 250C

panasonic,

OC513

Dabaholic
I have had my WDZ for about a week and a half and I LOVE it.......just so conservative on my meds.......I am using about half would I would use in my Kia vape(whip style). I love the way it looks and feels in my hand.......great hits with very little meds. Bravo to you Todd.......very nicely done. I may just order a walnut one now to match the furniture in my bedroom.

OC513,

jimbo

winterize
Got my WDZ in the mail yesterday! This is a kick ass vape, I think its gonna become my primary vape for sure! Here are some pics...
p5050005.jpg
p5050002.jpg

jimbo,

the ob

all good in the hood.
sorry if this is a stupid question, but where is that glass piece from?

the ob,

jimbo

winterize
the ob said:
sorry if this is a stupid question, but where is that glass piece from?
The glass is from Clear Dome, bought it a while a ago for the PD I ordered, but it fits perfectly in the WDZ, might as well use it cause its probably gonna be a month or two before I see the PD....

jimbo,

vaporFTW

Received this beauty jsut in time for the holiday. fuckin stoked.

BY FAR, the best purchase of my life. My god am I pleased. I have never taken such big hits of vapor before this. And it does not burn the weed in the slightest. Heats it perfectly to a light brown/tan.

Seriously guys the size of the first hit of each stemload is stupid. I get about 4-5 hits and the first 3 are more than satisfactory. I can't believe how loaded I am right now off 2 stems. Love this thing. Happy cinco de mayo everyone!

vaporFTW,
vaporFTW said:
Wunderkind's pic sold me on the black walnut. I knew I wanted one the second I saw it. Ordered it last night Can't wait til its here.
..good to hear you too are enjoying your new WDZ man.
Nice glass piece jimbo! :cool:

wunderkind,

CharlieBelmont

Thanks to everyone on this forum. Here goes,

-Only took 1 week from order to arrive
-I gave an aesthetic preference and was obliged.
-Todd was super easy to deal with

It really took 12-24 hours for it to get to the perfect temp.
After a couple hours it was getting warmer and warmer, but not there yet...so I did the koozy bit out of impatience/excitement and - BAM. Awesome.

Took koozy off and let it sit running all alone through the night - This morning it was toasty warm and Purrr-fect all by its lonesome. Fuck yeah!

The "slowly spin the tube" trick is a winner. Definitely takes a degree of practice to get it right. Also, I just rubbed the wax stuff in with my hands instead of a cloth. Now my hands are soft and my Woodee is glistening :cool:

There was a tiny bit of condensation underneath the leather this morning... Anyone else have this? I assume that will pass as the wood heats and is probably the reason mine took a while to get to temp...

Anyway, it's badass and I really like it. Thanks Todd

CharlieBelmont,

Tramp

High- I'm new- have no idea how wrks. But I'll get it. Sorry in advance for mistakes, not disrespect- jus new..'bout me, pretty simple ole dude, found out last week, may been doin' it wrong. ( litle' smile f'er here).. Heard Willy on Stern show, Willy made mention that he vapes.... So, fastforward- purchased a ezyvap, box, tube sticks out, thingy-- little bitch bit me 'bout four times 'fore I learn-- quit touching the (bowl).anyway...k, so wkend has passed.. Ordered woodeez- 'CuS hE mAdE it easy to give him money and I get something in return--that's another topic I guess--anyway... I'm a dugout guy, as long as the area your in has smoke (bar),, then I can hit it, saves me money .. And is easy to get ahold of and control if need arrives. So.. Now I wait. Will ---?? Whatever this is again IMHO

Modnote: Please do not double-post or cross-post the same message in multiple forums.

Tramp,
Top Bottom