The WISPR vaporizer

caseball2051

MattyGTwenty3 said:
InFlames235 said:
In this very own thread someone mentioned using all the high power batteries and still getting only 2 to 3 trenches out of them before having to recharge.

So if you carry two high power (2700-3100) batteries with you, thats getting absolutely ripped 6 times. How often are you really getting ripped 6 times (or 12 for those of us that only use half a trench at a time) before being near an electrical outlet for 3 hours to deem this as inconvenient? Carry 4 batteries instead and that's 12-24 uses before you need to be near an electrical outlet.

Just curious as to how this is more inconvenient than an ignition system that needs to stay stocked with butane to work.

yar, ditto.

sorry for the derail

caseball2051,

willieR

Been here since 2009
InFlames235 said:
The butane seems a hell of a lot more convenient than charging batteries for 4 hours after a couple hits. Although the reviews on the MFLB are fantastic the battery life just seems so bad that it'd be an annoyance.

I owned iolites for years. MFLB for 6 months. I base my opinion on a lot of experience. Your point above is not at all what I've found. You do not need a 4 hour charge after a couple of hits :rolleyes: But that's why the world has more than one vape. Find one that you like.

willieR,

King Lou

MattyGTwenty3 said:
Just curious as to how this is more inconvenient than an ignition system that needs to stay stocked with butane to work.

You make having a can of butane around sound like its really hard to do. When its full it lasts me 90+ minutes of vape sessions and takes 4 seconds to fill. If you're on the go and you run out you can just buy a can a a headshop (or shitty butane if you want the risk of clogging later on at deli or something). A giant can of Vector costs $8 and lasts around a year. Is it perfect, nope.

As I've stated before I've tried the MFLB and didn't find it to my liking. MLFB is way faster to hit and put away than the iolite. I just didn't have the patience to get the technique down when I was borrowing it. I get it. Its cheap and people like it. I guess they are for different people. I don't mind waiting or my sesh lasting 20 minutes. At the end of 20 minutes I am good. I'm just mildly tired of every thread having a "fuck that thing get a MFLB" derail in it.

Anymore news of the WISPR? No? Alright then.

King Lou,

willieR

Been here since 2009
I've been a huge fan of the iolite from Day #1. I don't use them any longer, but that's just a personal choice.

Personally, I think the new iolite with more fuel and better ignition brings welcomed changes. I think it was a mistake to move away from the old shape, as that was a very stealthy shape in the pocket. The square edges of the new version would not be for me, but that's just me. Again, for me I'm looking for pocket portability, which the old iolite definately had.

willieR,

mongrel

my second comment. i love my iolite. i know it is not for all but my overwhelming concern is my health. the iolite with it's controlled heat ensures i get not much more than the thc. i've been a mj user for over 25 years (old cunt alert) and appreciate being able to ingest dope with minimal harm to myself. having a big hit is way down on my list... i.m.o. the purity of an iolite high is unsurpassed. seems the early temperamental models of iolite put a lot of ppl off. i was a lucky one and got a perfectly functioning unit first time. for the money challenged, i reckon give the wispr a go when the price drops as it invariably will. not much point doing a critique of the new iolite when it hasn't been tried by anyone here yet. i do agree however that the current iolite is more pocket friendly... that's why i'll maintain both (when i get it) the new shape is reminiscent of a pack of gaspers and i certainly don't want people thinking i'm carrying a pack of the legal killer... cigarettes!

mongrel,
mongrel said:
my second comment. i love my iolite. i know it is not for all but my overwhelming concern is my health. the iolite with it's controlled heat ensures i get not much more than the thc. i've been a mj user for over 25 years (old cunt alert) and appreciate being able to ingest dope with minimal harm to myself. having a big hit is way down on my list... i.m.o. the purity of an iolite high is unsurpassed. seems the early temperamental models of iolite put a lot of ppl off. i was a lucky one and got a perfectly functioning unit first time. for the money challenged, i reckon give the wispr a go when the price drops as it invariably will. not much point doing a critique of the new iolite when it hasn't been tried by anyone here yet. i do agree however that the current iolite is more pocket friendly... that's why i'll maintain both (when i get it) the new shape is reminiscent of a pack of gaspers and i certainly don't want people thinking i'm carrying a pack of the legal killer... cigarettes!

I would ask how many other vaporizers you have used if you're so in love with the Iolite. Saying the Iolite delivers a "pure" high is confusing because you are actually losing lots of essential, low-temp oils when the unit is heating up. You also lose tons of vapor due to its always being produced, even when you aren't inhaling. "Having a big hit" might not be a priority, but you still need to load a big ass bowl in the Iolite just to get the small hits you apparently appreciate. If you have unlimited funds or resources, that's awesome, but otherwise it's known as "waste." Not trying to challenge you, it's just that almost -any- vaporizer will seem f---ing awesome if you've never used one before, and it's easy to say your first vaporizer is totally awesome without having tried others which might blow it away.

charliedontsurf,

mongrel

cripes mate! ... only personal preference. i'm not ragging on anybody 's choice.. just my take. i have only used 4 vapes and the iolite suits me best. i've done the joint, bong mixed with tobacco thing... YUK! but if that's what people want it's fine by me. i personally want to live a long time so ingesting a whole lot of unnecessary carcinogens will never contribute to that wish. in no way can g13 be described as a novices choice who enjoys a light hit. you reckon after a couple of decades smoking dope i don't know the difference. the high provided by iolite fulfills my needs... both medicinal and recreational. as you get older your reasons for using mj alter. lighten up my friend.
p.s. i don't think the iolite is intended for the coal red eyed, incoherent ravenously hungry heavy duty stoner who has sandpaper for a tongue (lol, ahh the good ol' days)! thoughts on this?

mongrel,

lwien

mongrel said:
as you get older your reasons for using mj alter. lighten up my friend.
p.s. i don't think the iolite is intended for the coal red eyed, incoherent ravenously hungry heavy duty stoner who has sandpaper for a tongue (lol, ahh the good ol' days)! thoughts on this?

Ok, here's my thoughts on this since you asked. I have no doubt in my mind that I am a helluva lot older than you and would venture to say that I am the oldest member here on this site. While I understand that as you get older, your reasons for using MJ "may" alter, to state that it "does" alter isn't really an accurate statement.

Secondly, I only vape once a night. With my PD, I never vape more than 0.025 gr. a night, so I wouldn't consider myself one who is a "coal red eyed, incoherent ravenously hungry heavy duty stoner who has sandpaper for a tongue", as you have stated above, yet, for the very reasons that charliedontsurf mentioned above, I gave my Iolite away almost 2 years ago. For me, it was a totally unsatisfying experience. Now I'm not attempting to invalidate your positive experience with the Iolite, but it sure didn't float my boat, regardless who the target market is for this vape.

lwien,

mongrel

hey mate, yeah i dig what you're saying but my point that seems to have eluded you is that it is not the method of delivery that is important to me rather than the end result. i speak for no other human being. in that context the iolite delivers for me. i do not wish to discuss my health in a public forum but if using mj for whoever and whatever makes your life better and less painless... go for it. you may be an older fuck than me but old fucks we remain :-) together.

mongrel,

lwien

mongrel said:
hey mate, yeah i dig what you're saying but my point that seems to have eluded you is that it is not the method of delivery that is important to me rather than the end result.

That didn't elude me. :cool:

Anyways, no harm, no foul. :)

lwien,

ACE OF VAPE

Vape outside the box
Manufacturer
lwien said:
I have no doubt in my mind that I am a helluva lot older than you and would venture to say that I am the oldest member here on this site.
lwien, This may be off topic, but I'll bet I'm older than you.

ACE OF VAPE,

lwien

ACE OF VAPE said:
lwien said:
I have no doubt in my mind that I am a helluva lot older than you and would venture to say that I am the oldest member here on this site.
lwien, This may be off topic, but I'll bet I'm older than you.

67 yrs old.

lwien,

lwien

You challenged me, you lost. Now do the right thing and send me a vape. ;)

lwien,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
as mentioned I have both the Iolite and the MFLB. As far as portability with batteries vs butane there are good arguments on both sides. Do you really want to be driving, walking, or riding around with a can of butane as opposed to a battery case with batteries? I love both units as they both work great, just like there are ignition issues from time to time with the Iolite there are times you get a bad battery that loses its juice too quick. I also have never had to charge a battery for 4 hours plus, that nuts...if your using a powerex (MaHa), they charge rather quickly and also pack more punch. I use these when chilling at the crib because their shelf like is so short. What I mean by shelf life is even when fully charged while not in use they will start to discharge and deplete energy on their own. When I am out and about (no where near nor have time to charge you want to use eneloops or nimH batteries. Not as much punch but they hold their charge much longer. Now when I choose to carry the Iolite, I fill it with the Vector and it usually gets me through two or three good sessions. My issue with the Iolite on the go is the fact that it gets real hot and the infamous hiss definately hinders the stealth-ability when in a crowd. It gives off much less (herb odor)than the MFLB but that also means the hits arent as great either! IMO, both are great but my choice for now is the MFLB - hands down. :2c:

mvapes,

ACE OF VAPE

Vape outside the box
Manufacturer
iwein said:
You challenged me, you lost. Now do the right thing and send me a vape.

You got it. I'll send one by the end of the week or early next week, just waiting on some glass.
Andy@epicvape

ACE OF VAPE,

lwien

ACE OF VAPE said:
iwein said:

You got it. I'll send one by the end of the week or early next week, just waiting on some glass.
Andy@epicvape

Andy, I was kidding. While I appreciate it, and would very much like to try out your new vape, there's really no reason for you to do that, but I thank you, nonetheless.

/salute

lwien,

ManFlies352

lwien said:
ACE OF VAPE said:
iwein said:

Andy@epicvape

Andy, I was kidding. While I appreciate it, there's really no reason for you to do that, but I thank you, nonetheless.

/salute

I'll take this mans spot if you're intent on giving away a vape! :)

ManFlies352,

Hai_Rypo_T'head

Why smoke and die, when you can vape and fly?
Yes, I love my iolite too (except for the hissing sound when the thermostat cuts in.)
Sadly however, after about 9 months the unit sometimes needed up to 28 pushes on the piezo button to make it start; and the thermostat sometimes cut in and 'hissed' for a few seconds without the orange ignition light appearing. (Although it would then (re)start first time after one push on the piezo button.) And for a short while, it refused to accept fuel, until I inserted and then removed a pin in the (blocked?) fuel valve.)
Anyway, O & B recently exchanged it for a new one that's working fine, so I'm not complaining.
I'm now looking forward to the 2nd gen. iolite: the NEW! IMPROVED! (I hope), ultra-chic Wisper. (Google images and enter 'wispr'). Should be available next month at around US$270.

Remember: "The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
(His Holeyness Hai_Rypo_T'head)
:2c: :uhoh:

Hai_Rypo_T'head,

ManFlies352

I pre-ordered it to get the $40 off so paid $230 for it...$30 more than what I paid for the original when it first came out so that's not too horrible. I'm excited to see if it keeps the promise of stealthier noise, less heat when holding it, and thicker, longer vape sessions. I'll be posting a full review with pics when it arrives!

ManFlies352,

Hai_Rypo_T'head

lwien, please get your cat to stop shaking its head like a spaced-out whirling Dervish, it's making me feel dizzy.

And here's a question: What happens if you get scared half to death, twice?
:o

Hai_Rypo_T'head,

Hai_Rypo_T'head

I recently emailed Oglesby & Butler:
'You may be interested in the disadvantages of a competing vaporiser, the Vapir NO2, as follows:
'The Vapir NO2 is 20 cm (8 in) in length making it bulky and inconvenient, at almost twice the length of the iolite.
'The Vapir NO2 needs customised, expensive, rechargeable batteries, available only from Vapir or their authorised agents.
'Would it be feasible for O & B to create a complementary iolite model (with minimal exterior changes), that uses regular rechargeable batteries instead of butane? If so, this should give the 'iolite electric' a strong competitive advantage. Even more so with an adjustable thermostat.'

There's nothing like a bit of healthy competition, so I'll also email Vapir, suggesting their R & D department research and develop a vaporizer, closer in size to the iolite, and with standard, readily available rechargeable batteries.

I reckon that could be a winner, and wipe the competition.
:D

Hai_Rypo_T'head,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Actually, the butane catalyzing system is very different from the electronic one. If so, it will have to be completely redesigned.

Seek,
Top Bottom