The WISPR vaporizer

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Wuddup? I personally have been through and still have numerous vapes. I have to say, hands down the Iolite is still my go to vape. Very rarely dissapoints, gives great taste, and offers the stealthability that I want. The only issue I have with it is if your not cleaning it often the center pin pushes herbs deep into the screen which has proven to be a b*#ch to clean. Now I am in the market for something new, I was originally thinking about the PD or the Supreme which is out of stock until the next gen unit comes out. Im curious to see how the Whispr does in some reviews but that might be an option to look into.

On another note...I had a few sessions last night with Iolite and for some reason the damn chamber was falling out to easy..WTF was that about? I ended up toasting my finger tips more than my product. Anyone have this happen before?

PS...I dont see the big yahoo about the flight box. I have one and the batteries wore out and stopped charging. I never have had a good session with it. It sits collecting dust in my Vape Junk Yard.

mvapes,

lwien

mvapes said:
PS...I dont see the big yahoo about the flight box. I have one and the batteries wore out and stopped charging. I never have had a good session with it. It sits collecting dust in my Vape Junk Yard.

Considering the overwhelming amount of positive reviews versus negative reviews of the Box, I'd chalk up your experience to user error.

On the other hand, vapes like both the Iolite and Volcano takes the user errors out of the equation being that there is virtually no learning curve as there are with other vapes such as the LB, so you're experience is totally understandable but please don't imply that the problem is inherent with the LaunchBox because that is simply not the case unless you happen to have a defective vape, defective batteries or a defective charger.

lwien,

caseball2051

mvapes said:

I know this is off topic and I wont comment any further on it, but to write off the launch box as junk is a disservice to yourself. There is a lifetime warranty, you should at least email them to get a free one under warranty. The unit works very well when you know how to use it.

there is a reason that it is one of the more popular units here. sorry, jus ttrying to help a fellow member out.

caseball2051,

frogbmth

lwien said:
vapes like both the Iolite and Volcano takes the user errors out of the equation being that there is virtually no learning curve as there are with other vapes such as the LB

Spot on, although I decided the MFLB was not for me for purely practical reasons, it is without doubt one vape that all other portables are judged against and for good reason. With the IO, the only learning curve IMHO is if it is your first vape, you need to learn to love the MFLB by seeking the perfect technique, just like the best relationships :)

frogbmth,

Surf Monkey

I dunno. There's some learning curve with the Iolite. You have to get the bowl load just right, you have to figure out your grind. There's the whole issue of dealing with the butane and of course there's draw technique. Granted, the draw is easier to get a handle on than most other non-baloon vapes, but it isn't out-of-the-box simple. You still need to learn the right "sip" to get a great hit out of it. Just like the Launch Box, you have to shake between hits too.

Ultimately, I think it's true that the Iolite is easier for novices to use, but the Launch Box really isn't that much harder to ramp up on.

Surf Monkey,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I appreciate the input but let me clear something up. It turned out that it was a defective piece and I was going to retract my previous comment today. Luckily I have a good relationship with my local smoke shop and was able to trade in the defunct unit for a new piece. I will say, I love it...great taste, good hits, and a minimal learning curve..."I have only been vaping for 2 years"....I guess im still a bit green. Now if you want to toy with a learning try the vape-or-smoke.

mvapes,

realvapedman

I am seriously considering the new WISPR from Iolite as my next vape. I already have an extreme Q but I get tired of always having to find an electric outlet when I want to be vaping outdoors. I hope they have made some real improvements in its functionality, primarily in its durability longevity, and also in the quality of vapor it produces compared to the old IOLITE. Only time will tell as this unit will not be released until June, but as of right now this new vape is number one on my list of possible portable vaporizers for my next vape purchase. I hope the vapor tastes just as good as on my extreme Q. If it does then I'm sure it will be a big hit.
I cant wait! Price aint cheap though. It better be worth every penny.

realvapedman,

ManFlies352

My iolite vaporizer was collecting dust in the closet until this thread popped up. Out of anticipation for the new model I decided to vape a bowl and I am feeling pretty damn pleased right now. I, for one, and am excited to see more details on this new one. The original isn't perfect but from the brief amount of advertising we've seen, I'm confident they'll fix the flaws and come out with a really solid product.

ManFlies352,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
realvapedman said:
I am seriously considering the new WISPR from Iolite as my next vape. I already have an extreme Q but I get tired of always having to find an electric outlet when I want to be vaping outdoors. I hope they have made some real improvements in its functionality, primarily in its durability longevity, and also in the quality of vapor it produces compared to the old IOLITE. Only time will tell as this unit will not be released until June, but as of right now this new vape is number one on my list of possible portable vaporizers for my next vape purchase. I hope the vapor tastes just as good as on my extreme Q. If it does then I'm sure it will be a big hit.
I cant wait! Price aint cheap though. It better be worth every penny.

It is possible to get a battery pack for the extreme btw.

My biggest complaint with the iolite was weak hits. I assume that the optimizer was introduced as a stopgap measure to minimize customer complaints about weak hits. Everything else worked as it should. So I think for users with a low tolerance it's a great, effective vape. However, recent converts from smoking will find it lacking in 'hit satisfaction'. It will get you where you want to go, eventually.

I haven't seen any evidence that the whispr will deliver significantly thicker hits.

notmyrealUSERname,

ManFlies352

notmyrealUSERname said:
I haven't seen any evidence that the whispr will deliver significantly thicker hits.

I have seen advertisements for it saying it will deliver thicker hits but until they release some videos I guess we won't know how much thicker. They really need to put out more info ASAP

ManFlies352,

mongrel

well, i can't wait to try the wispr. i have the 2nd incarnation of the 1st iolite and haven't had a moments trouble with it. works perfectly everytime! i look forward to testing the enhancements.
i have a flight box and don't like it at all. it works adequately, but looks to be worth about 5$ in parts, which indeed if you dissect it, i.m.o. 5$ is a generous valuation. i also have the extreme q which is a good landline vape but being tied to a powerpoint is sometimes annoying (and the battery pack is too cumbersome) plus one other that i've forgotten the name of but it was too hot and partially combusted the herbs. YUK! gunna soon have a try at the vapir no2 too.
the price doesn't scare me as every vape i've ever bought plummets in price after a while. if you wanna experience innovation in vapes, like technology, you have to initially pay for it. the first vape i ever bought cost $200... these days i wouldn't pay 20$ for it... but at the time 'volcano' was real expensive and the alternatives were rare. the minute wispr is in my hands (i've pre-ordered) , i'll post a review here. well maybe a few minutes after :-)
the bottom line is, if you love your vape and it works for you, no matter what the brand, you're ahead of the pack.
mongrel

mongrel,

gh0st026

I remember there was once a day when I was inexperienced and thought the Iolite was "decent"... Then I met FC and got introduced to the LB... Who said change is a bad thing? lol. But seriously though, the Iolite is a piece of junk. It's like breathing Los Angeles air (Which i get enough of already!!) lol

charliedontsurf said:
tuttle said:
darkrom said:
I can't think of one thing the iolite does that my MFLB doesn't do better.

I think the one thing the iolite has that really no other portable does well yet is portable duration. You get what, a solid 2 hours or so on one fill of butane versus 5 hits or so on one battery on the MFLB. If you can bring along a can of butane (camping trip) and that duration extends to several days. Yeah, there are a lot of things I wish the iolite did better, but there is a definite niche it fills, and fills it well.

5 Hits on a MFLB battery? Who you jiving?

My high quality sony Eneloop knockoffs are good for, literally, 3 good size trenches, start to finish. The first trench is pure pleasure, the others are completely adequate. The MFLB is like a rifle, it's only as good as the bullets you load in it... Or I guess how good the powder is inside those bullets, more aptly. Use good batteries and a good charger and you'll have a good experience. I've actually kind of fallen in love with my MFLB all over again after not using it for so long. I recycled half of my batteries, culling the weaker ones from the pack, and I'm much happier. Quality batts or you may as well combust.

3 Trenches?? wtf... I've tried Sony's, Powerex's, Sanyo's and a couple other high end brands and I also have a Powerex charger and the most I can get if i'm lucky is 2 trenches... How small do you pack those things man?

gh0st026,
Totally reasonable size, up to the shoulder for sure.

My best battery just fucking leaked acid in my pocket a few days ago, actually burning my leg enough to leave a nice goose egg for two days now. Funny thing is it had the rubber cap over the end. That was a huge load of fun.

I don't know what to tell you, that battery may have been an anomaly, and he's DEAD now! Those plastic covers should extend over the battery further so they stay on better, and there should be a whole gross included with every 100+ MFLB given their low expense. This is NOT the MFLB thread I know but I was asked. I still dislike my Iolite, getting back on topic. :D I wouldn't be surprised if the larger hits advertised are just the result of a redesigned or completely scrapped "moisture condenser" component, that useless thing in the mouthpiece which restricts the already tricky airflow.

charliedontsurf,

ManFlies352

charliedontsurf said:
I wouldn't be surprised if the larger hits advertised are just the result of a redesigned or completely scrapped "moisture condenser" component, that useless thing in the mouthpiece which restricts the already tricky airflow.

Since it's a larger unit (seemingly), I feel like it should keep the heat in better and if they have an even more efficient heating method than the current iolite, that could make some thicker hits. Something I really hope they did in this design is make the bowl screw into the base so if you grab it by the mouthpiece it doesn't just pop open and spill weed everywhere.

ManFlies352,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Am I the only guy who likes his Iolite? Granted, I love my MFLB...I really think its the cats meow. But, with that being said the Iolite has always come through for me when needed. As long as its regularly cleaned and filled with good butane its never let me down. I actually dropped mine in a toilet (post duece...no stinky),and the sob came right back to life. Ive been using the piece for about a year now and she still lights on the first click 90% of the time. My only complaints are the noise, and the heat emmited from the body as well as the the heat in the chamber. Those of you who have had the bowl slide out unintentionally know what im talking about. So, I am looking forward to seeing how the Whispr pans out and maybe sometime down the road I can make the jump but for now with that price...it aint touching these lips! I also think they kind of took a step backwards as far as an updated design. I would have assumed they would have tried smaller, more stealthy and of course address the noise issue. Now it kinda looks like an Eqyptian Juice Box...not my idea for what I would try to carry around.

mvapes,

King Lou

mvapes said:
Am I the only guy who likes his Iolite? Ive been using the piece for about a year now and she still lights on the first click 90% of the time. My only complaints are the noise, and the heat emmited from the body as well as the the heat in the chamber. Those of you who have had the bowl slide out unintentionally know what im talking about.

I love my iolite. 2 years and running strong. My friend just had the bowl pullout while he had it on in his back pocket. Got a nice little blister. I've been surprised by the hot bowl once or twice but I'm usually well on my way at that point.

I just heard some more rumors about the WISPR

The WISPR will have a larger butane capacity with a window to show the fuel level. The ignition system will be replaced on both systems. It's supposed to be more efficient.

It should also be a TV remote.

King Lou,

willieR

Been here since 2009
I've gone through three of them. The original i-Inhale, then a defective iolite, and now I have a functional one.

Personally, I like to be able to burn a single hit on a vape immediately, then put it in my pocket. The iolite requires such a long warm-up period that you're sort of committed to a bowl.

I have since moved on to my MFLB which allows single hits and isn't heating the material constantly. I haven't used my iolite in months. I don't miss the butane, that's for sure.

willieR,

ManFlies352

willieR said:
I don't miss the butane, that's for sure.

The butane seems a hell of a lot more convenient than charging batteries for 4 hours after a couple hits. Although the reviews on the MFLB are fantastic the battery life just seems so bad that it'd be an annoyance.

ManFlies352,

caseball2051

InFlames235 said:
willieR said:

The butane seems a hell of a lot more convenient than charging batteries for 4 hours after a couple hits. Although the reviews on the MFLB are fantastic the battery life just seems so bad that it'd be an annoyance.

you are being misled, or mistaken about batteries and the LB.

caseball2051,

greystr0ke

InFlames235 said:
willieR said:

That's what I thought too when I only had my iolite. Then i got the MFLB just because i was fed up with my iolite igniting inconsistently and haven't looked back since. Just buy a pack of Powerex's and you shouldn't have an issue.

greystr0ke,

ManFlies352

greystr0ke said:
InFlames235 said:
willieR said:

That's what I thought too when I only had my iolite. Then i got the MFLB just because i was fed up with my iolite igniting inconsistently and haven't looked back since. Just buy a pack of Powerex's and you shouldn't have an issue.

In this very own thread someone mentioned using all the high power batteries and still getting only 2 to 3 trenches out of them before having to recharge. When I'm off work I like packing multiple bowls and the Iolite is as easy as a 5 second butane refill vs. A few hour recharge on the batteries

ManFlies352,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
^^^
I usually get a little more than one trench out of a battery in a session by myself. I hear what you are saying. I have two Iolites that work great, and I feel for all those here who got shitty units, but when the Iolite works it works well. But I gotta assume you don't have a launch box because once I tried that I've never gone to another portable.

stickstones,

MG23

Relaxin'
InFlames235 said:
In this very own thread someone mentioned using all the high power batteries and still getting only 2 to 3 trenches out of them before having to recharge.

So if you carry two high power (2700-3100) batteries with you, thats getting absolutely ripped 6 times. How often are you really getting ripped 6 times (or 12 for those of us that only use half a trench at a time) before being near an electrical outlet for 3 hours to deem this as inconvenient? Carry 4 batteries instead and that's 12-24 uses before you need to be near an electrical outlet.

Just curious as to how this is more inconvenient than an ignition system that needs to stay stocked with butane to work.

MG23,

ManFlies352

stickstones said:
^^^
I usually get a little more than one trench out of a battery in a session by myself. I hear what you are saying. I have two Iolites that work great, and I feel for all those here who got shitty units, but when the Iolite works it works well. But I gotta assume you don't have a launch box because once I tried that I've never gone to another portable.

Ya, I don't own a launch box and am actually very curious to try one but I just purchased a custom SSV I've got another 5 weeks to wait for haha and am kinda short on cash because of it unfortunately

ManFlies352,
Top Bottom