• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The WISPR vaporizer

lwien

Yup. It would almost be like asking Tom at Purple Days to slap a balloon on his vape.

And Rypo, I can't stop my cat's head. Have ya ever tried to stop a cat from doing what it wants to do? :/

lwien,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Hai_Rypo_T'head said:
There's nothing like a bit of healthy competition, so I'll also email Vapir, suggesting their R & D department research and develop a vaporizer, closer in size to the iolite, and with standard, readily available rechargeable batteries.
:lol: I'm sure that they will thank you for the valuable market insight ;) Have you checked out the Vapir Oxygen mini? Kinda almost fits that bill (diy portable battery pack). Or maybe try the Skyda 3 :brow: O&B are a butane tool company that has expanded to vapes as a sideline (albeit a lucrative one). I reckon it will be a long time before we see them drop that technology. If anything as a company they are probably looking more for alternative applications of the butane catalyser technology, rather than alternative vaporizer heater types :2c:

WatTyler,

ManFlies352

The butane system really isn't all that much of a pain in the ass. With the new one claiming 3 hours on one fill and the ability to see how much is actually left I doubt you'd run into a lot of scenarios where you'd be having the thing turned on and vaping for more than 3 hours before you go home and have easy access to butane.

ManFlies352,

Hai_Rypo_T'head

Why smoke and die, when you can vape and fly?
I don't know how to put post extracts inside a box, so here's a cut and paste job:

@WatTyler. 'I'm sure that they will thank you for the valuable market insight Have you checked out the Vapir Oxygen mini? Kinda almost fits that bill (diy portable battery pack). Or maybe try the Skyda 3.'

Thanks, I'll reconsider the Oxygen mini. The Skyda 3 appears to be a Chinese knock-off of the O & G iolite, as the only online references I can find, all point to the same Chinese manufacturer, that provides a photo of the iolite container, but no description. And the minimum order is for 100 units! I did find a site however, www.samemall.com, that claimed Gotvape stock it, but a search of their site showed nothing.
Your move.

@InFlame235. Yes, I'm inclined to wait till the Wisper release next month. Here in Australia, the O & G agent reckons the price will be around AUD270 - AUD300.

(I first tried the cheap and cheerful Ubie, and then the Inavap (bulky, long warm-up time, and its non-portability hugely restricting.) I then bought an iolite about 12 months ago. About 3 months ago intractable problems arose, and the friendly folks at O & G replaced it with a new one, no hassles.
Occasionally I use a Magic Flight Launch Box. After a while the rechargeable AA batteries need replacing, as they hold a decreasing charge after repeated recharges. Although it's very small and silent, it's too easy to leave the battery connected too long, a bit fiddly, vapes unevenly, and leaves a mix of dark brown and green remnants. I much prefer the iolite, except on occasions when silence is golden.)

Or maybe I'll put up with the bulk of the NO2, and get one of those instead of the Wisper. And use it when nobody's looking.

Opinions welcome.

And remember: A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory. :uhoh:

Hai_Rypo_T'head,

max

Out to lunch
Hai_Rypo_T'head said:
The Skyda 3 appears to be a Chinese knock-off of the O & G iolite
It is, and it's junk. The WISPR is step one in a marketing move to get rid of these garbage lookalikes. And it's O&B, for Oglesby & Butler Ltd.

max,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Hai_Rypo_T'head said:
@WatTyler. 'I'm sure that they will thank you for the valuable market insight Have you checked out the Vapir Oxygen mini? Kinda almost fits that bill (diy portable battery pack). Or maybe try the Skyda 3.'

Thanks, I'll reconsider the Oxygen mini. The Skyda 3 appears to be a Chinese knock-off of the O & G iolite, as the only online references I can find, all point to the same Chinese manufacturer, that provides a photo of the iolite container, but no description. And the minimum order is for 100 units! I did find a site however, www.samemall.com, that claimed Gotvape stock it, but a search of their site showed nothing.
Your move.

Hai_Rypo_T'head sorry, I wasn't really being serious about the Skyda 3- just making the point that it fit the criteria of being exactly like the Iolite, but battery powered and adjustable. At least according to the info they sent me. But that website you found; :o what a load of cobblers! Now the Skyda is butane, fixed temp and made in Carlow in Ireland, by Oglesby and Butler no less!!! I'm nearly tempted to order one just to see what I get, but it's an expensive lucky dip.

And if it is a butane vape......well, there are enough problems with butane catalysers in vapes when they're made to the highest manufacturing standards in Ireland. I don't knock chinese manufacturing on principle like some do, but the quality control often needs more attention, at least initially. Can you imagine the problems with an Iolite type catalyser!!! :uhoh:

Anyway sorry my humor failed to make it into writing- didn't mean to send you off on a wild goose chase! (PS I also know next to nothing about the Oxygen mini, so again don't take that as a recommendation- was just saying it's there, and smaller than the NO2)

But someone needs to test out the Skyda 3 (and 1 or 2). Someone take one for the team? I think they did give prices for individual units. Any takers? :p

WatTyler,

max

Out to lunch
WatTyler said:
But someone needs to test out the Skyda 3 (and 1 or 2). Someone take one for the team? I think they did give prices for individual units. Any takers?
I hope not. This goes beyond the usual generic stuff we see. They're happy to make unsuspecting people think they're getting a genuine iolite. One dealer told me that one of the fakes was sent to him as a 'warranty repair', as if purchased from them, and "it was a horrible build". These are to be avoided, as are any models where the manufacturer is hiding from the public.

max,

PuffItUp

Retailer
SkydaFakeIoliteVaporizer.jpeg

This is a butane version of the skyda "Iolite." There are also versions that are battery powered that look the same.

Notice the ignition button is in the wrong place and there is a light on top (The button is lower on the battery version). The box has the same image as the real Iolites but the colors don't match. Also if you look at the shine of the plastic, it has a waxy texture that is most likely left over chemicals from the manufacturing process.

The picture above is from an email that the manufacture sent to us, we also had a sample unit but we got rid of it right away, just owning a fake could get us in a lot of trouble. The quote they sent us was $12 for each unit with free shipping from China, minimun order 200 units. You can find these in some grey market shops in California. If you were a novice to vaporizing you could easily mistake it as real, if you have ever used a Iolite before it would be obvious that you are holding a fake.

PuffItUp,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
:o :o :o wow that's some scary shit. A total and complete rip off. Thanks for sharing! Wondered why I had never seen it except on ali baba

edit: and $12 a piece shipped! I'm surprised we haven't seen these sold on ebay, not the Iolite fakes, but maybe the digital display one could have got through.

WatTyler,

Hai_Rypo_T'head

Thanks Wat Tyler et al. Pity about the failed Peasants Rebellion. Wat and his friends deserved better.
Anyway, your words of wisdom are much appreciated.
@Max, and my ref. to 'O & G' instead of O & B; the error was probably due to something in my ioite that shouldn't have been there.

And BTW, did you know that 78.4% of all statistics are fabricated by con-men?
:/

Hai_Rypo_T'head,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Hai_Rypo_T'head said:
Thanks Wat Tyler et al. Pity about the failed Peasants Rebellion. Wat and his friends deserved better.

:lol: It's a pity indeed. I was about 500 years ahead of my time in my thinking. Cost me dearly. I'm actually surprised anyone on here knew of my deeds. Are you a Pom? Or do Aussies still teach English history in school? Or maybe just well read, of course!

WatTyler,

Hai_Rypo_T'head

Hi Wat, As a left-handed, Welsh-German hybrid with ADHD, raised in post-war London, supporting the underdog has always been instinctive. So when my school History teacher reached the topic of Wat Tyler's rebellion, I naturally woke up from my slumber and started paying attention. (After that, it was back to kings and queens, and the dates of their accessions and demises, so I went back to sleep again.)

As for the serious topic of Which Vaporizer Next?, with the advice of the erudite afficianados at fuckcombustion, I'm getting closer by the minute to the answer. And along the way, enjoying the wit and banter.

Oh, and I married an Aussie girl. After one winter too many, we decided to escape the cold, and that's one reason I'm now living in sunny Australia.
:D

Hai_Rypo_T'head,

jhpfunk

Not that I don't love the back and forth on the pros and cons of other vaporizers not listed in the title of the post, but does anyone have any new info on the WISPR?

jhpfunk,

ManFlies352

I found a dev gotvape website doing a google search that had instructions apparently but it needed a password to get in so I couldn't find out more :(. The information is out there though! Hopefully a video will be made soon!

ManFlies352,

Dudeson 1882

I could really go for an evolved Iolite. Smaller, quieter, longer run time & a gas window would really improve the iolite.

I have got to agree with the earlier post that the look is not as stealthy as the Iolite looks like a walkie talkie (always wondered if that was intentional by O & B to stealth it up). I couldn't see me getting away with talking into the Wispr like I have my Iolite in a sticky situation & also dont know if could get away with using it on the busses & tube in rush hour like I have the Iolite.

Wonder if they will be updating the Iolite anytime.

Dudeson 1882,

ManFlies352

On google a ton of blank domains just popped up on search under names like "iolitewispr.com" so we'll probably see a full fledged site soon.

ManFlies352,

ManFlies352

lepstadder said:
careful using alibaba, many of that stuff is a strait scam...

This...the skyda is a complete and utter ripoff of the iolite and is used with shamefully cheap plastic. Probably start inhaling some of that sweet plastic with your weed if you get that :lol:

ManFlies352,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Orestes said:
It's an iolite with an lcd screen and buttons. That might control temp...
It sure doesn't look like an Iolite.
It doesn't say Iolite on it either!
It reminds me of an ad for a "ROTEX" watch, with a cheap watch in the image and a picture of a Rolex box behind it in the distance.
Trust me you wont get an Iolite... and you will have no recourse, for NOPLACE on that site does the word Iolite appear in text.

Vitolo,

gvape

max said:
Orestes said:
check this out-- Skyda 3
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/405163216/2011_portable_skyda_LED_vaporizer.html

It's an iolite with an lcd screen and buttons. That might control temp...
This rip off garbage has already been discussed-on this same page. And Alibaba is a wholesale site, so unless you're prepared to buy a bunch of these and sell them.....

I have purchased off Alibaba a half a dozen times, never had a problem. I also have not gotten large quantities. A lot of the places are starting to ship in small quantities to compete with things like dealextreme. I wouldn't recommend that vape, just sayin Alibaba isnt that bad. You just need to know your getting a good deal on something and it may not be that great.

gvape,

lwien

gvape said:
You just need to know your getting a good deal on something and it may not be that great.

Ummm.........a bit of an oxymoron, eh?

If it's not that great, how can it be a good deal?

lwien,
Top Bottom