• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The WISPR vaporizer

jhpfunk

Just got an email about the WISPR. Anyone have any intel yet? My first impression from the Gotvape site is that the longer butane is great, but it looks less inconspicuous and is bigger??? They don't list a size and I couldn't find it on the Iolite site. I love my Iolite/I-Inhale, but I always am looking for the next best vape.

http://www.gotvape.com/store/wispr-vaporizer-special.php

jhpfunk,

greystr0ke

WTF?! :lol:

Still can't control the temp and they didn't opt to raise it at all so you will most likely get the same weak hits from a device that IMO looks less desirable.

greystr0ke,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
:o :o :o

I'd heard of a new one, but never really believed it. All google can come up with at the mo are your posts elsewhere! :lol: and gotvape.

I had decided that I was done with O&B after all the issues with the Iolite. I bought 1 (when it was I-Inhale) and have since sent back 3 times to the factory for replacement. I did get a free one, so can't complain too much, but it has shaken my faith somewhat in the butane catalyser technology and its longer term reliability once outside of warranty.

But seeing this I'd still like to give it a go, just to see. Fuel level window is a massive improvement. Does look bigger though. But my Iolite can sometimes be too hot to hold/pocket comfortably, and this might help that. It is prettier than the Iolite too IMO. I'd like to see their mouth piece solution- you only get one, so I assume it's a bit more reliable than the Iolites. But it looks more 'pocket friendly' in that it just flips down, rahter than unscrewing gunky threads for fluff to stick to as happens with my IO. And lord knows why they're still bothering with those moisure condensers? I've not heard of anyone use it.

Whispr??- so do you think it's quieter when hissing than the Iolite?

List price $439- is that for real? I should we just focus on the 'our price' as a more realistic market indicator? Certainly wouldn't countenance $400+ on one. Especially if it is just a repackaged Iolite system with a bigger tank. :2c:

EDIT: And what the fuck with their colour names? Grape, Pumpkin, Espresso, Pistachio..... Oyster? I can't work out which is blue, green, orange or red :lol:

Edit II; strange prototype new 'my-iolite' webpage? http://www.tulieservices.biz/clients/aloft/# but picturing a 'ploom' as well? :lol: But if you look down at the bottom of the page it mentions the TINDR vaporizer as well. Yet another O&B one on the horizon?

WatTyler,

Homes

I got the same email, interesting design though I think it's pretty random. Can't wait to hear some user reviews whenever people start getting their hands on them.

Homes,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
WatTyler said:
Edit II; strange prototype new 'my-iolite' webpage? http://www.tulieservices.biz/clients/aloft/# but picturing a 'ploom' as well? :lol: But if you look down at the bottom of the page it mentions the TINDR vaporizer as well. Yet another O&B one on the horizon?

Hello Iolite! Dia duit! conas ata tu?

Well, we know they're watching us.......mwahahaha- page taken down in less than 2 hours!

Google cache still shows it, just with out the extra pictures..........

WatTyler,

King Lou

Hey guys. New Vape on the market from the Iolite folks.

http://www.gotvape.com/store/wispr-vaporizer-special.php

Its absurdly priced and just seems to be a different form factor.

WISPR Vaporizer Introduction
WISPR Vaporizer is the second generation of Iolite portable vaporizers.

Olgesby & Butler has taken the best-selling Iolite and enhanced it.

Theyve thrown in more style, maintained the exceptionally high quality materials and brought innovation to new heights.

These days the WISPR Vaporizer is all about unique style, effortless enjoyment and smokeless freedom.

I'm not sure what it does besides come in a different shape... It on PRE-sale now... Anyone heard of this thing or had a chance to try out a tester?

Considering that the regular iolite is selling on Amazon for $123 this one is going to be a hard sell at $250.... (down from $440)

King Lou,

max

Out to lunch
greystr0ke said:
so you will most likely get the same weak hits from a device that IMO looks less desirable.
One person's weak hits will fuck up another to the point of being totally wasted. You need to make sure comments like that are expressed as your opinion, not fact. Them's the rules. ;)

max,
Reactions: ataxian

Pharoh

max said:
greystr0ke said:
so you will most likely get the same weak hits from a device that IMO looks less desirable.
One person's weak hits will fuck up another to the point of being totally wasted. You need to make sure comments like that are expressed as your opinion, not fact. Them's the rules. ;)

Save your money... Iolite shows they know zero about marketing.... When Apple puts out a better product..it sells for the same price.... example iPad 1 and iPad 2.... A presale is a barometer on how they should tool up to produce them..... My opinion is it will flop and you will see reduced prices. Hold your horses on this one...

Pharoh,

caseball2051

the absurd 400 > price is probably a marketing tool by the site rather than suggest retail.

Sites do that all the time, its a psychological thing.

"OH WOW THIS IS ONLY 17$ WHEN RETAIL SAYS IT SHOULD BE 37$! I SAVE 20$!!!!"

when in fact, every otehr site offers it for 17$. its the way of the world.

caseball2051,

tuttle

What I want to know is if this version will ignite at higher altitudes. My iolite gets really sketchy at anything over 6000'

tuttle,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
tuttle said:
What I want to know is if this version will ignite at higher altitudes. My iolite gets really sketchy at anything over 6000'

Yeah I am interested i knowing this as well. I currently live over 5500 feet up, so the iolite has never really worked all that well for me. It's operating ceiling is one of the turn offs for me.

DevoTheStrange,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
WatTyler said:

Ahhh I just realised that the 'Ploom' is of course the same catalyser technology as the Iolite- I bet my wallet they've got involvement in it, or the TINDR vaporizer is a look alike. A mock up address on the website (imitation order) is San Francisco, which is the same as the Ploom company......

Here are some pics I pulled off the prototype website

Modnote: Image removed by request due to copyright considerations. You are correct, one of their (former) web designer incorrectly used a photo of a Ploom.

I think the web designers just got their pics mixed up here and shown a TINDR instead of a WISPR

ioliteimg2.jpg

And a couple more of the WISPR:
wisprblueimgbig.jpg
videod.jpg

(EDIT- It's just a pic :lol: )
I'd love to see that video. It doesn't actually look that much bigger than the Iolite, smaller maybe even. And something of a new bowl/chamber design too?

So I wonder how pissed they are that someone left their draft website available online for some nosey clown (me :p) to post on a forum :lol:

But I reckon I've got an idea of what their retail price for the WISPR is/was :brow:

Edit: And I think you might soon find them in 'Urban Outfitters', whatever that is?

WatTyler,
max said:
greystr0ke said:

With all due respect, my Iolite gives me some of the most flavorless, airy hits of any vaporizer I've ever used. While it's true some people my prefer those kind of hits, alot of us have tolerances akin to African Elephants and so get frustrated. Also, the Iolite smells like stanky ass while in operation and is horribly inefficient due to its nonstop conduction heating. Oh, and I'm stealing this from someone on the forum, but it has the build quality of a clock radio. If this WHISPR crap is more of the same, then they can look forward to more finger-wagging from this obscure forum member. I don't think there are many of us who still have much love for the Iolite, having both dealt with its (universal?) reliability problems and having tried other vapes. I really dont' mean this as a smear or a rant, it's just my experience and my perception.

Anyone want to buy an Iolite? :lol:

charliedontsurf,
Reactions: NeoSteam85

lwien

^^ Gotta agree with you there, Charlie. I didn't like the Iolite for same reasons......didn't like the airy hits. Didn't like the taste. Didn't like the lack of efficiency. Didn't like the general touchiness of it.

Maybe this one is an improvement. Hope so.

btw, I know Iolite was active here in the past, but it looks like all of their previous posts here have been deleted. Anyone know why?

lwien,

greystr0ke

^ Exactly. I used to be one of the biggest supporters of this device but it sadly didn't hold it's value very long (to me) :).

greystr0ke,

hereatlast

Well, we know they're watching us.......mwahahaha- page taken down in less than 2 hours!
So I wonder how pissed they are that someone left their draft website available online for some nosey clown (me ) to post on a forum

Wow this is funny. Well done..I think I just missed the page-take down, thanks for documenting :lol:

hereatlast,

King Lou

Eh, I've had my iolite for two years and think its awesome. Great portable vape. If you keep it clean it doesn't stink. It consistently rocks me.

I'm impressed with the internet detective action on finding the draft site. Good work!

King Lou,
Reactions: RUDE BOY
I'm referring to the stink related to the outgassing of the butane, not anything related to substances which had been vaporized in the past.

Of course, Hank Hill taught us that butane is odorless, and the smell is added as a safety feature.

charliedontsurf,
Reactions: KidFated.

Albert Hofmann

Convicted vapist
charliedontsurf said:
I'm referring to the stink related to the outgassing of the butane, not anything related to substances which had been vaporized in the past.

Of course, Hank Hill taught us that butane is odorless, and the smell is added as a safety feature.
Hank Hill taught us this lesson about PROPANE. The only time he ever mentioned BUTANE he called it a "bastard gas".

gvape

looks sleek, not as stealthy, but cool. i tried clicking that image video a few times until i realized why it wasnt loading :ko: even worse to know the video exists and i cant see it :(

gvape,

tuttle

caseball2051 said:
i didnt know that was an issue. is that due to butane? or a design flaw?

Piezo ignition. It doesn't generate a spark and thus doesn't ignite when you bring them up in altitude. This is true for all Piezo ignition devices, not just the iOlite. I had heard in the past (perhaps on the Dopefiend podcast) that O&B was aware of the issue and were trying to work around it, but I'm not sure if they ever had any further information about said supposed alternate ignition.

tuttle,

Surf Monkey

Well, having just ordered an MFLB to replace my Iolite I'm disinclined to consider the purchase of one of these, but I do like the new design. It looks a lot like a vintage transistor radio. Like it came directly from the 1950s via a time machine. The current one looks more like it came off the set of one of the Joel Schumacher Batman flicks, which is not necessarily a bad thing. I think it's bold of them to take a radically different design direction with their product, but I'm disappointed by the massive price increase. I guess we'll have to wait and see what these street for, but if it's significantly more than the current one I wonder how it will fare with consumers...

Surf Monkey,

buddhaholic420

Grand master-vaper
I will wait until they have a worth while warranty program. The original warranty still offers no paid service and since I have had so many of them break due to random issues I have a bunch sitting in my drawer waiting for the day when they offer a paid service to fix out of warranty items. They state they currently have not warehouse to take care of this. Why they cannot repair in their normal warranty warehouse is beyond me, but this is what they have stated to me. I currently have one working Iolite which they replaced last week. Lets see how long it lasts before either the piezo dies or the gas stops flowing. Both of which are the reasons my previous Iolites have stopped working.

buddhaholic420,
Top Bottom