• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Venus Apollo

virtualpurple

Has anyone had good luck with warranty work? My unit has been acting up a little and I need to shoot @villekille2 a message because although it's been out of my primary rotation for a wee bit I really rather like it. I do wish it had something to make it cooler in the hand and more friendly for swapping out on the fly. But the Apollo is like driving a posh Cadillac, sipping on scotch, or kicking back with a fine cigar...feels very luxurious in a sense.

villekille2

Manufacturer
Has anyone had good luck with warranty work? My unit has been acting up a little and I need to shoot @villekille2 a message because although it's been out of my primary rotation for a wee bit I really rather like it. I do wish it had something to make it cooler in the hand and more friendly for swapping out on the fly. But the Apollo is like driving a posh Cadillac, sipping on scotch, or kicking back with a fine cigar...feels very luxurious in a sense.

If there are problems in the unit, just send it back to us, I can provide a DHL express document which you can attach to the package and call DHL for a pick up. Once we get the unit we will fix it or replace it and return! :)

Some improvements I've been working on:

a new little bit longer heating element, so we can use a larger sized 50W bulb which improves the performance over the standard 50W bulb. The mass of heating element has been reduced. Result is a much quicker heat up, and quite amazing vapor results.

The herb chamber has been redesigned, so that the glass tube connects directly to herb chamber, no more herb chamber cap needed. Also the mass of herb chamber has been reduced about 50%.

Thanks to reduced mass of heating element and the chamber, after using the vaporizer it will cool down much more quickly. Also thanks to much quicker heat up, and more efficient vaporization, the unit does not get as warm as before on the outside.

The herb chamber volume can now be easily adjusted. This helps a lot in the vaporization of smaller amounts of material as it does not fly around in the chamber anymore.

I would say that the results are amazing for both very small and also for bigger loads, extraction is very quick. About 2 long draws is enough to extract nearly everything out of material, at least for a mini load and about a 50% full chamber.

Also I have been testing a stainless steel protection around the chamber that protects user from touching the hot parts, and also makes it possible to remove the hot chamber comfortably without touching the hot parts. These all improvements make it really feel amazing, no more need to be careful with the hot parts, no more waiting for chamber to cool down, heat up time only 45 seconds, vapor production is intense but very smooth for the user, thanks to the cooling unit. Can use small loads efficiently, no more need for the cap. :)

Last edited:

marduk

daydreamer
Also I have been testing a stainless steel protection around the chamber that protects user from touching the hot parts, and also makes it possible to remove the hot chamber comfortably without touching the hot parts. These all improvements make it really feel amazing, no more need to be careful with the hot parts, no more waiting for chamber to cool down, heat up time only 45 seconds, vapor production is intense but very smooth for the user, thanks to the cooling unit. Can use small loads efficiently, no more need for the cap. :)

The "hot parts" problem is what has kept me away from this product so far. I hope your protection solution works out!

virtualpurple

If there are problems in the unit, just send it back to us, I can provide a DHL express document which you can attach to the package and call DHL for a pick up. Once we get the unit we will fix it or replace it and return! :)

a new little bit longer heating element, so we can use a larger sized 50W bulb which improves the performance over the standard 50W bulb. The mass of heating element has been reduced. Result is a much quicker heat up, and quite amazing vapor results.

The herb chamber has been redesigned, so that the glass tube connects directly to herb chamber, no more herb chamber cap needed. Also the mass of herb chamber has been reduced about 50%.

Thanks to reduced mass of heating element and the chamber, after using the vaporizer it will cool down much more quickly. Also thanks to much quicker heat up, and more efficient vaporization, the unit does not get as warm as before on the outside.

The herb chamber volume can now be easily adjusted. This helps a lot in the vaporization of smaller amounts of material as it does not fly around in the chamber anymore.

I would say that the results are amazing for both very small and also for bigger loads, extraction is very quick. About 2 long draws is enough to extract nearly everything out of material, at least for a mini load and about a 50% full chamber.

@villekille2 you'be been a class act since day 1 sir, I'll be in contact shortly! I really like all the features you mentioned and would be excited to see those in action!

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
Real close to ordering a Apollo with a 50w bulb and vapor cooler... Just the damn customs duties I know I will get hit with I don't want to pay haha. Also sometimes I think to just wait for the "next improvements" @villekille2 makes! Stickybricklabs has took most of my money recently but I think this and the New DaVinci are next up to bat.

whatitdew,
Reactions: vapen00b

Dreuft

Waouw!!! This are fuckin' great news!! Great to see they are always improving their stuff!!
Got me even more interested in this!

Dreuft,
Reactions: vapen00b

Herbie Hancock

The 60 Second Assasin
I have to chime in once again on this marvel. I have tried to get my best friend to fuckcombustion for over 3 years now. Nothing ever impresses her to the point of giving up the old method.
This apollo with the 50w bulb and the cooling unit have finally done the job. It's that good. Look at my signature. Even with everything I have... this one is that amazing and effortless. What a beast.
I have 2 grasshoppers, because I bought her one assuming she would love it. Nope. The Evo is amazing, but only if you like water filtration (I do... she does not). This Apollo is just something else. Give it two minutes and your in for a treat.

I will say this mod I did which is AMAZING. I took a mighty filling capsule and put cut my medical grade silicone tube and created two sleeves. Wrapped one around the capsule and the other around that first sleeve. Fits PERFECTLY inside the glass tube. Increased Convection and decreased conduction greatly. I still use the bottom part of the bowl and slide the tube in with the mighty capsule sitting snugly in there. Simply amazing. That is for use with the vapor cooler natively.
I then did a similar double sleeeve silicone wrapping around an EVO easy load bowl. Obviously a far greater capacity. Strictly through water. I am so happy and so impressed. Great product I wish it would go main stream. People don't know what they are missing.

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
I have to chime in once again on this marvel. I have tried to get my best friend to fuckcombustion for over 3 years now. Nothing ever impresses her to the point of giving up the old method.
This apollo with the 50w bulb and the cooling unit have finally done the job. It's that good. Look at my signature. Even with everything I have... this one is that amazing and effortless. What a beast.
I have 2 grasshoppers, because I bought her one assuming she would love it. Nope. The Evo is amazing, but only if you like water filtration (I do... she does not). This Apollo is just something else. Give it two minutes and your in for a treat.

I will say this mod I did which is AMAZING. I took a mighty filling capsule and put cut my medical grade silicone tube and created two sleeves. Wrapped one around the capsule and the other around that first sleeve. Fits PERFECTLY inside the glass tube. Increased Convection and decreased conduction greatly. I still use the bottom part of the bowl and slide the tube in with the mighty capsule sitting snugly in there. Simply amazing. That is for use with the vapor cooler natively.
I then did a similar double sleeeve silicone wrapping around an EVO easy load bowl. Obviously a far greater capacity. Strictly through water. I am so happy and so impressed. Great product I wish it would go main stream. People don't know what they are missing.
Hey man, great report and more than glad you could convert another soul to fuck c. :)

Would love to see some pics of your mod. What settings do you use?

Peace

ander

@villekille2I live in France and want to support an european artisanal brand ;-)
Same feeling... and it's nice to see that in a world mostly made of hi-tech toys, someone does real tech progress. The description of this device is simply amazing. But with all these options I feel confused... in particular concerning the bulbs. Maybe someone could help me in a "full optional" choice without putting wildly all the stuff in the cart..? Must have?
:rockon:

ander,
Reactions: Dreuft

Mr Mellish

Same feeling... and it's nice to see that in a world mostly made of hi-tech toys, someone does real tech progress. The description of this device is simply amazing. But with all these options I feel confused... in particular concerning the bulbs. Maybe someone could help me in a "full optional" choice without putting wildly all the stuff in the cart..? Must have?
:rockon:

I agree. I'm very interested but when I read the thread, I feel the same trepidation as when I read the Persie and ESV threads. (I have both and have grokked the use of the Persie at least at the functional level but the ESV is just pissing me off). It seems like you have to be a tweaker to get the benefit of the device. Am I misunderstanding? These more complex vapes need more FAQ support.

Mr Mellish,

ander

Registered today to the newsletter. Well... having the complete set of bulbs does not change the count that much. And I love the incoming improvements. So in the meanwhile I think I'll start to put these 350 coins apart..!
It seems like you have to be a tweaker to get the benefit of the device.

It seems like you have to be a tweaker to get the benefit of the device.
Don't think so, it's a first impression. Many replaceable parts and customizable functions are advantages. I believe this is one of the things that makes the difference between toys and reliable devices. I hate when tecnology is sold pursuing a mere commercial plan... every year a new toy. What I see here it's honest, genuine progress. And I personally like to put my hands on my devices.

Last edited:
ander,

villekille2

Manufacturer
New improvements are scheduled to be available by mid December.

Now it is a transitional phase and that is why it might look complicated that we have different bulb power options available (20W / 50W). Soon all the new devices will be exclusively using the higher powered heating element.

About the adjustment options in Apollo, there are many now. But it is not necessary to touch them, I just added them to give maximum flexibility. But I have been thinking if I should remove most of them for the future revisions. So for this I would like to hear some feedback from the owners of Apollo. Would it be better if there was not anymore option to choose the boost power, no different power mappings, no stealth modes, and no extra presets for the warm up? If the settings are not useful, or make it feel more complicated then they can be removed.

vapognak

!It's only my point of view!
I think pre-heating time should be less complicated to set (even if it is a very good idea to let the user choose his own time) = I've found myself to turn the unit off and on again because the standard pre-heating time is too short (I know, I'm lazy, as I should customize it). So I would enjoy one single gesture to add for example 30 seconds for more warm-up.
As for the other settings:
- stealth : I'm not a big fan of the haptics vibration but I love the blinking led, very useful to let you know what is your current power.
- medium boost power is just perfect

vapognak,

mephisto

@villekille2 thanks for sharing the updates, I need to move toward a more artisan based design and get away from techno funk wizardry. I jumped on board early with this project and then backed out. I will be looking forward to you releasing the best version yet in Dec. Thanks to the rest of you owners for your reviews and views. I see lots of other convection heads that sound quite happy.

vapen00b

How about the number of different power levels. now there is 10. would 5 be enough?

Yeah, I agree basically. If the levels are not too close to each other...
But I do like to use different botanicals from time to time that are more sensitive to heat and have a lower vaporization temp. Might be "too much" for some flowers turning is up or down one step.
Anyway, generally, I like to have options - but if it confuses people, I'm fine sacrificing it for better usability.

vapen00b

my fave power level is 2 (20%) - used with mid-boost at each draw (2nd gen bulb).
So I think as long you keep the low power level, and let user decide if constant high power is required, everyone should be satisfied.

Do you use stock stem and chamber or a different design? What's your pre-heat timing and do you pre-heat with chamber inserted? :)

Thanks for sharing! :)

vapen00b,
Reactions: vapognak

AtomicPB

How about the different power levels. now there is 10. would 5 be enough?

With the standard But was included until now, I liked the 10 steps (I only used the standard heat mapping, no high or low). With the short stem I mainly used Level 4 for the vapor not being to hot.

When I used the long stem with a little Bubbler I set the heat level to 6 and also used a longer pre-heating time (3 Minutes) and left the herb chamber out of the Apollo until it was heated.

I imagine with the higher powered 50W bulb 10 steps might be great for adjusting the temperature more exact to ones liking.

Though I have to admit that counting the buzzes and/or blinks to see which heat setting was set was sometimes a little difficult being stoned ... :)

I kinda see it like @vapen00b ... options are great but if a lot of people are confused by it, a change might be the best option.

Edit: I just thought that two modes might be a great option. A standard mode with limited options for the heat map, boost power and pre-heat time so that people who do not want to be bothered with to many settings are not confused and a "pro" mode that can be accessed by a certain input for having more or the already available options.

Last edited:

vapognak

Do you use stock stem and chamber or a different design? What's your pre-heat timing and do you pre-heat with chamber inserted? :)

Thanks for sharing! :)
I'm using stock chamber, inside which I insert 2 sheets of mesh to reduce chamber size (see previous page), and long stock stem with vapor cooler. I'm preheating for 3 minutes, with chamber outside.

Top Bottom