Discontinued The Venus Apollo

villekille2

Manufacturer
it is not yet officially available, we have the original model still in stock in large quantities. For those interested in obtaining the new model for discount and same time helping us to get user experiences, and feedback, beta testing, just pm me.

nitro

Hello together, this is my first post on FC, but I lurked a couple of threads for some weeks and really enjoy the atmosphere, friendliness and general community on FC.

I will receive an Apollo 2 some time next week and am eager to share my experiences with it. Unfortunately I cannot compare it to the first/original version, but I do have a couple of other devices that are comparable.

I'm really excited to try out a halogen based vape.

Hey,

How should I clean the heat shielded chamber and cooling unit? Cooling unit is getting really sticky and dirty.

comfortable,

villekille2

Manufacturer
Well if the cooling unit gets dirty I guess it is because of condensed vapor and some material that gets trough the mesh mixed together. If not cleaned in time the cooling unit can get stuck in the glass tube. If to clean very often, then it means a simple got water is enough with some detergent but if it has already gotten really dirty then I guess dropping them to some solvent, isopropanol acetone etc will help to clean them

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
An iso soak should clean the tube and cooler good as new pretty quickly. The only thing you want to watch out for is the rubber o-ring. You don't want to soak those in iso for really long periods of time. I believe I've heard iso can damage those after long periods of time, I could be wrong though.

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
I too pull the trigger

Looking for a big hitter, safe device, I have high expectations from this wonderful vape

before buying my first vape in 2014 I was torn between a solo and a venus, finally went for a solo (price always is a good vas controller (for me).

This time I decided I need a special treatement for myself, Apollo2 will soon land :)

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Got mine from @vapen00b - thanks bro for the offer :tup: - today and I'm very impressed!
It just came back from kille who did an actual upgrade.

First impressions (after 5 bowls)
- amazing flavour
- huge tasty clouds on demand
- and nearly no air resistance

Not really stealth for public use but at least a very effictive portable at home.

After trying all settings of temp I'm very satisfied with Setting 1 or 2 for the first hits, last ones at 3 are still pretty nice.
Booster nead a certain learning courve when and how long to use. Therefore I've to try more.
But really a tasty and stormy bitch.

Tested it:
- native
- with universal adapter from @Ratchett and a blackwood stem from DynaVap
- mouthpiece of FC-UFO
- Whip of FC-UFO

All worked good for me in it's own way. A 18 male joint fits to the mouthpiece of the VA quiet acceptable. Pretty good sealed when the VA is standing upside but loose sitting of the joints too.

While testing the different kinds of "mouthpieces" I got the idea why doesn't @villekille2 offer a glass tube for the cooling unit with a 18mm male or female joint at one end to avoid this issue of safe connecting and to increase the versatility of the VA?

2nd idea while testing was why is there no stand for the VA to secure it's standing especially while using connected glass pieces?
Perhaps a case for @Ratchett? But please a stand which doesn't cover the air intake under the bottom!

Until now I feel that I'm beginning to fall in love with the VA :luv:

Enjoyed the excitement of my GF who needs to be effectively medicated cause of her MS in a short time on demand. She also don't like high draw resistance so for her the VA is about our GH (is getting too hot, more draw resistance, have to get the PFE), VapCaps (too much draw resistance) and the SBJ (to much concentration on civilized firing). I'm sure the VA will become her daily driver the longer next time ;)

Good job, @villekille2 !:clap:

RelaxedNow

Well if the cooling unit gets dirty I guess it is because of condensed vapor and some material that gets trough the mesh mixed together. If not cleaned in time the cooling unit can get stuck in the glass tube. If to clean very often, then it means a simple got water is enough with some detergent but if it has already gotten really dirty then I guess dropping them to some solvent, isopropanol acetone etc will help to clean them

Acetone is uber toxic anyways, don't use that crap!

Years ago, acetone was commonly used as an industrial cleaning agent. When my fingers started to tingle and go numb, I discovered that it causes nerve damage, and is a carcinogen as well.

Yeah, don't use that shit. My fingers still tingle 40 years later.

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
Acetone is still the best reclaim solvent for wood (vapman middlepiece or wooden stem)

But I agree it should be handled with safety like any solvent or strong alcalin or acid solution

if you aren't educated: do not this at home :)

Andreaerdna,
Reactions: Prolusio

RelaxedNow

Acetone is still the best reclaim solvent for wood (vapman middlepiece or wooden stem)

But I agree it should be handled with safety like any solvent or strong alcalin or acid solution

if you aren't educated: do not this at home :)

The thought of inhaling even the slightest bit of left-behind acetone frightens me, but to each their own. Hell, who am I to talk, considering the stuff I ingested to get high in my youth? :science:

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Got mine from @vapen00b - thanks bro for the offer :tup: - today and I'm very impressed!
It just came back from kille who did an actual upgrade.

First impressions (after 5 bowls)
- amazing flavour
- huge tasty clouds on demand
- and nearly no air resistance

Not really stealth for public use but at least a very effictive portable at home.

After trying all settings of temp I'm very satisfied with Setting 1 or 2 for the first hits, last ones at 3 are still pretty nice.
Booster nead a certain learning courve when and how long to use. Therefore I've to try more.
But really a tasty and stormy bitch.

Tested it:
- native
- with universal adapter from @Ratchett and a blackwood stem from DynaVap
- mouthpiece of FC-UFO
- Whip of FC-UFO

All worked good for me in it's own way. A 18 male joint fits to the mouthpiece of the VA quiet acceptable. Pretty good sealed when the VA is standing upside but loose sitting of the joints too.

While testing the different kinds of "mouthpieces" I got the idea why doesn't @villekille2 offer a glass tube for the cooling unit with a 18mm male or female joint at one end to avoid this issue of safe connecting and to increase the versatility of the VA?

2nd idea while testing was why is there no stand for the VA to secure it's standing especially while using connected glass pieces?
Perhaps a case for @Ratchett? But please a stand which doesn't cover the air intake under the bottom!

Until now I feel that I'm beginning to fall in love with the VA :luv:

Enjoyed the excitement of my GF who needs to be effectively medicated cause of her MS in a short time on demand. She also don't like high draw resistance so for her the VA is about our GH (is getting too hot, more draw resistance, have to get the PFE), VapCaps (too much draw resistance) and the SBJ (to much concentration on civilized firing). I'm sure the VA will become her daily driver the longer next time ;)

Good job, @villekille2 !:clap:
The flexicone from the minivap fits into the top of the Apollo's glass tube perfectly!:brow: You can hook up water tool or bubblers effortlessly through a whip connection.:tup: It is also quite flexible and wont slip out.:nod: looking forward to the Apollo2!:rockon:

Hogni

Thanks but it's just an improvisation. And when having an all glass - aside the bowl - connection I don't want add silcone to get a tight and stable connection to wp. I can use the mp of the Apollo to put it on an 18 mm male joint but after some days of heavy use I got the first tiny chip broke out the edge of the mp.
Please, @villekille2, let build a mp/glass tube for the cooling unit with a male and female joint! :wave:

Last edited:

Hogni

Note for mods: Couldn't edit former post anymore so that's the reason for double-posting.

Are there any specifications for the length of protrusion of the cooling unit's seeve?

Mine seemed to get a little too hot. In the area of the hotspot it came to combustion pretty fast at higher settings. So I pushed the cooler a little bit back into the tube but still prodruding. It didn't come to right temps anymore. Therefore i draw the cooler a little bit outside again. It's much better than before but still not optimal I think. Any advice?

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
YeNrgYQ.jpg

1IdS4Mn.jpg

FwQkUdR.jpg

Hogni

Good choice! I don't think so. Im using it upside down and can't see any negative effects. You don't need the nano gong. Use a short (inline-) adapter (14m ->18m) and you can slip the VA mp over the 18mm male joint. But be a little bit careful to avoid breaking glass.
Nevertheless, how said, I'd like a glass tube for the cooling unit with a joint at the outside....

villekille2

Manufacturer
In the Apollo2 I closed the airflow from back panel. If the vape will be used mostly upside down I might recommend to remove the blocking from the back panel. Needs just to open the 4 torx screws and lift out a stainless steel sheet that I placed there. This way the heat which is directed different way when used upside down has a way to get out. But the blocking improved performance and efficiency and also cooling when the vape is being actively used. Also it improves the looks of the vape as the view from the back panel side is more beautiful now. But as I wrote this is easy to remove if someone wants to try it

Top Bottom