Discontinued The Venus Apollo

Kanyayweest

Well got new batts today, Samsung 25r's and the Apollo didn't recognize them. Do I need to do anything to the batteries before putting them in the Apollo? I charged them and got no response from the Apollo. Is the lightbulb dead? Haven't been able to use the Apollo for almost a week now.

Kanyayweest,
Reactions: vapen00b

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Well got new batts today, Samsung 25r's and the Apollo didn't recognize them. Do I need to do anything to the batteries before putting them in the Apollo? I charged them and got no response from the Apollo. Is the lightbulb dead? Haven't been able to use the Apollo for almost a week now.

Oh man, truly sorry to hear that! Did @villekille2 get back to you? As I said before, it's pretty odd about the batts... Almost couldn't believe it's all duds. But now it seems obvious to me that it's something else. Hope Ville will answer you soon, he's always happy to help.

All the best!

Kanyayweest

No response from ville. Hopefully it's the bulb.

Modnote: Back to back posts merged

Confirmed not the bulb. I put the batteries in backwards and a funny thing happened, the bulb turned on for a good second before turning off. Got no other response from the Apollo and could not duplicate this action. Guess it's dead.

Last edited by a moderator:

SingedFringe

Confirmed not the bulb. I put the batteries in backwards and a funny thing happened, the bulb turned on for a good second before turning off. Got no other response from the Apollo and could not duplicate this action. Guess it's dead.

Any response, just wondering what the customer service is like.

PPN

Volute of Vapor

The same thing happened to me sometimes and I only need to take the batteries out and in to fix that but Ville told me to use a metal brush to make the battery lid shiny(where there is the battery contact and the thread also) for a better contact. It could be a short in the heating element also...Do you heard a sort of "clic" while trying to power it on? mine was doing a sort of "clic" noise before to shut off.

Kanyayweest

I truly find it quite comical that I have not yet recieved any sort of response from ville. I really appreciate you guys trying to help me out, but I am slowly losing faith in the Venus products
The same thing happened to me sometimes and I only need to take the batteries out and in to fix that but Ville told me to use a metal brush to make the battery lid shiny(where there is the battery contact and the thread also) for a better contact. It could be a short in the heating element also...Do you heard a sort of "clic" while trying to power it on? mine was doing a sort of "clic" noise before to shut off.
I used a tool to make the battery lid where the button top touches the bottom of the lid shiny, and even checked the heating element; no shorts of any kind. No click noises either as my unit does not respond at all.

lazylathe

Almost there...
@Kanyayweest

Seems like response times are really slow with some questions, not really a good sign for prospective customers.

I always like to include an FC name if possible as most of us sign up for e mail alerts when something is posted in our followed/started threads. Tends to bring the vendor over to have a look see and see what has brought their name up.

@villekille2
I truly find it quite comical that I have not yet recieved any sort of response from ville

Hope this helps out with a faster response time.
Sometimes an e mail reminder a day helps as well but should not be necessary at all.

I contacted Ville a while back because my vibration stopped working completely. Took 2 or 3 emails to get him respond, and he gave me a couple options. Told him what I wanted to do and never heard back.

Kanyayweest

stuff like this would have been great to know beforehand :/
Anyone have his personal email where I can contact him at? Maybe an email a day isn't too drastic at this point

Kanyayweest,
Reactions: lazylathe

lazylathe

Almost there...
stuff like this would have been great to know beforehand :/
Anyone have his personal email where I can contact him at? Maybe an email a day isn't too drastic at this point

Direct copy from the FAQ:

"We have a 2 year warranty. That doesn't mean that our support would end there. We are here to offer advice, tips, repairs, and spare parts etc. for the lifetime of the product. E-mail is the preferred way of contact. For us it is important that none of the vaporizers we build here end up not working. In the possible case of problems we will work hard to make sure that the customer gets to enjoy Venus Vaporizer."

They may need to re-read their warranty page...

vapognak

I've played a bit with the cooler.
It is great at keeping the vapour inside, so losing precious vapour is over.
It adds a bit of draw resistance, just enough to my taste.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I've found that the cooler is a huge help to make Apollo an almost on-demand unit: I've found myself vaping the same chamber on a couple of days.

Not sure how to easily take off the cooler, best way I've tried so far is with a screwdriver (unscrewing the central pin).

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Coconut oil helps the cooler slide right in and out. Similar to the metal vortex cooling rod in the sidekick. Can't try it till tomorrow, but im stoked. Gotta pop in the 50 watter too. Is that an easy task guys?

villekille2

Manufacturer
I recommend to choose the lower power levels before trying out the 50W bulb, and also to choose the lowest boost power level and start from there.
apollo1.jpg
apollo2.jpg
apollo3.jpg
apollo4.jpg
apollo5.jpg
apollo6.jpg
apollo7.jpg
apollo8.jpg
apollo9.jpg
apollo11.jpg
apollo12.jpg
apollo13.jpg
apollo14.jpg
apollo15.jpg
apollo16.jpg
apollo17.jpg
apollo18.jpg
apollo19.jpg
apollo21.jpg

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
I recommend to choose the lower power levels before trying out the 50W bulb, and also to choose the lowest boost power level and start from there.
apollo1.jpg
apollo2.jpg
apollo3.jpg
apollo4.jpg
apollo5.jpg
apollo6.jpg
apollo7.jpg
apollo8.jpg
apollo9.jpg
apollo11.jpg
apollo12.jpg
apollo13.jpg
apollo14.jpg
apollo15.jpg
apollo16.jpg
apollo17.jpg
apollo18.jpg
apollo19.jpg
apollo21.jpg
Wow. These pics are beautiful!!!
Is the wood stained or actually different woods? The vapor cooler looks really good and the black one classy and sexy, too.
Bravo!!:)

Can you already share any info on the new chamberless concept?

pandaphysics

Hey, so I just picked up a used apollo. The guy wasn't very helpful on how to use it, and didn't have a manual for me. I saw vapognak's manual a page back, but I have some questions. Is there any response? The only response I usually get is the boost makes the bulb slightly brighter. Could you give a total noob a few details? Thanks. The few initial tests I've had have shown tremendous flavor, even when pushing a load to total blackness (to my total surprise when I took the bowl out).

Also, the bowl I got is just a metal ring with screens pushed in on both sides. Its pretty hard to get both the screens in. I've pushed one in only to have the other pop out and spill all my material when I go to put the bowl in. Any advice on how to use the bowl better? Thanks

vapognak

when you do select an other level of heat (while on vape mode) you have 1 blink and/or 1 vibration = 1 level (depending on your settings of LED/vibrations): the unit tells you what is the new level between 1 and 10.

concerning the chamber, I wonder how do you adjust the screens, because you shouldn't have to adjust them !

see here the base and here the cap

Last edited:

Kanyayweest

OMG OMG OMG MY APOLLO CAME IN!! I couldn't contain my excitement and camped the mailbox all day but the fokr at DHL decided to drop it off at 9 PM (??)

That being said its been 2 hours since I got it... 2 really stoned hours haha. This thing is fucking greatttt
http://imgur.com/dfqJSx9
Got a brand new unit for free with a 50w bulb already put inside and a spare 50w bulb, as well as 2 VTC 5's. The Apollo had the glass tube inserted inside with the vapor cooler(!!!!) and a herb chamber. Even came with an additional herb chamber... Free 2 day international shipping with a free replacement unit with free acessories-couldn't have dreamed of more. I would like to thank ville personally as this made my week, month, maybe even year haha. I thought I would have to deal with no Apollo for at least another month but that was not the case.

On to the vapor cooler: it's great. All I can say about it. Still need to cover the hole on the bottom for better cloudage but with the 50w bulb heat up time is crazy fast and the hits are much bigger. Really enjoyed the taste as well. Did need to run a burn off however as when I turned the unit on, there was a fair amount of vapor leaving the heater. Let it run for about 4-5 mins and it all left. No smell from it so that's good. The new battery cap and bottom plate are made of a different more reflective metal, can't pinpoint it though. Feels great tho. I am slightly worried about the same problem as before occurring as the batteries seem to shake in the device (seems like there's a bit more space in the battery chamber than before) but it's sturdy and feels great!
Ville also surprised me with the cherry oak color and I'm happy he did! Although I do have my eye on the new color :o
Maybe a back up unit haha

Once again thank you guys for your help, and thank you ville for being such a great guy.

Last edited:

pandaphysics

Thanks I'll try that and look vapognak. unfortunately it seems the vibrate/led features are toggled off right now.. I'll have to try to get those turned on first. When do I swipe down to get into the stealth settings thing?

As for the bowl, I see now that I only have the base. There is just a second screen that kinda fits and I pop it down it. quite annoying. I'll definitely have to get one of the top pieces. Anyone have any idea where I could get or make something locally? It seems like a waste to order to america from finland.

edit: already got a quick response from ville got the vibrations/leds back on, much more intuitive this way. He also linked me to an online manual and even offered to mail me cap for the bowl. What a guy :razz:

Last edited:
Top Bottom