• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Toasty Top

u bwade wunner

Alan can you if you have a moment maybe look at a redheart Hi to head this way.I wont need stems or a pwr supply,just the unit.I know you are flat out busy with the Hi atm.Seems like an obvious choice for me after the Hi, and the quality of you re products seem hard to beat.

thanks also to vitolo for the very pleasant TT videos.I also read the post about youre dear young friend.I wanted to say both myself and my wife were very moved reading it.At least he had a friend in you before he passed.it is wonderful to have your 'e energy around here on FC. thanks man!

and also to Jrr I m from bournemouth (moved from there 4 yrs ago now) originally and a huge tolkien fan.(roll on the hobbit dec 2012 )Guess thats why i started travelling and have got to Oz so far.I just wanted to say thanks for your 'e input on FC and here on the TT spot.

so alan back to you if you can spare a few moments.The tt looks a winner with the Hi engine inside and I m very interested.

u bwade wunner,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Vitolo said:
I am going nuts thinking about the new core also.
Must center self... Ohmmmmm

mmm. ohms.... electricity... ahh heater core.....
oops must center self... Ohmmmmmmmm

It is an easy change Vito. You wouldn't need a new top.

u bwade wunner - The HI internals work pretty well in the TT. It just doesn't get as hot as you would like for heat massage and hand warming since the core can't transfer as much heat to the wood. The new TT core is kind of the best of both the TT and the HI. Hope your red beauty finds you quickly.

Alan,
Reactions: cycleb

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
u bwade wunner said:
Jrr I m from bournemouth (moved from there 4 yrs ago now) originally and a huge tolkien fan.(roll on the hobbit dec 2012 )Guess thats why i started travelling and have got to Oz so far.
I just wanted to say thanks for your 'e input on FC and here on the TT spot.

Hey ubw. Nice to have another southerner, even if you are the other side of the world! And thanks for the kind words :) C'mon Hobitt C'mon!!! :D

u bwade wunner said:
The tt looks a winner with the Hi engine inside

The thing with the TT, I believe, is it won't get up to the high temps like the HI. Alan has recently made an improvement on the TT to improve the airflow but the temperature is still the same as I think it still utilises a Heat Sink as opposed to the HI's Heat Island design.

I'm in line for a HI and a TT. I just got my hands on a seasoned MZ the other day which is more comparable to the TT in heat (I believe). For me I'm finding it absolutely great and wouldn't really want it any hotter, so if the TT is on par temperature-wise that is great for me.

I love the massage element of the TT a lot. I really see the TT as being my bedside vape. Great to give or get a massage with or help with those restless nights. I won't want to be messing around with voltage and such the like in the middle of the night when I'm frustrated and exhausted.

The HI will be for water and 'Blitzing' :ko: when I'm in the living room with my wits about me and some glassware in-hand.

Alan will have to confirm all that but I think that basically the TT and HI are two different units that perform differently and fulfil different functions - I can definitely see a use for both in my home.

EDIT: Well I took so long writing that Alan got in there - I looked at the time sig from when he posted and I did - it took me bloody ages to write that above :ko: seriously :lol:

So Alan, soon, when or if you are finished with the TT core redesign, your going to have to explain it all to me once and for all :lol: I think I understand the nature of the beast and then you throw a curve ball at me and I feel lost again. Seriously slow tonight!

J.R.R.Tokin',

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
bio, Alan has said that changing out the TT core to the new version is an easy swap. Not sure what he is charging to do it though.

momofthegoons,
Reactions: mvapes

Orestes

Magus Septimus
Just saw this thread. New excuse to get my old top out of storage!

I imagine you just unscrew the old core and screw in the new one. It's completely foolproof, as the entire core comes out quite easily. I've done it a few times for cleaning. Pretty sure the top bit (top of the top) just pops out, if that needs to be replaced as well. It's wedged in to the wood, but if you jam a chopstick in there, it shouldn't be a problem.

But Alan probably has a more professional answer, lol

Orestes,

Vitolo

Vaporist
momofthegoons said:
bio, Alan has said that changing out the TT core to the new version is an easy swap. Not sure what he is charging to do it though.
Although an easy swap, there is still time, work and shipping involved, as well as new parts.....
Let mom's words remind that there are considerations! ;)

Vitolo,

PurpleDazed

Personally I was Curious as well. But I am in no rush. The way the TT and CRZ are performing I definately aint complaining :cool:

I am still waiting on obtaining a HI. And am anxious to experience the new Design and try some new tips, The SS sliders I would like to try as well and the glass tip as well.

PurpleDazed,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Here are some photos of the black walnut toasty top that just found its way down under.
The end grain sides are almost black it is so dark and the side grain sides are brilliant in bright light. It also demonstrates very well how heat follows the grain in wood. It has been turned for a while now but just got a new high flow core before it left. The new core makes hits so much easier and tasty. The 15 minute heat up time is a big improvement.

ttblackwalnutdarkside.jpg

ttblackwalnutlightside.jpg

ttblackwalnuthx.jpg

banana_republic

Looks lovely - can't wait to get mine :D

Hello! I am definitely a newbie vapourist but willing (and always will) to learn a lot from you. The gorgeous TT is probably going to be my first log vape, and I just finished reading this entire topic to have better idea about it. The guy who recommended TT and pointed me this thread out is J.R.R.Tokin which provided me lots of information over some private messages and a wonderful skype call last night. Thanks buddy! You really helped me understand a little bit more about it, but also made me eager to spend some bucks on here ;)

Congratulations to Alan, the inventor, who seems to be always trying to improve something on what seems already so nicely created device, not to say that it IS quite attractive. Cheers and thanks to Vitolo as well, your videos are more than perfect.

Well, apart from thanking and praising you all I would like the best way to get one of those. Is it better to PM Alan (TV) over the forum here or send him direct email? Would you ship to South America, Alan? Well, can't wait to have one of those art pieces around here, but I am used to our third world snail mail system and probably will only be able to see it delivered in some couple of months....

Cheers!

banana_republic,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Well, apart from thanking and praising you all I would like the best way to get one of those. Is it better to PM Alan (TV) over the forum here or send him direct email? Would you ship to South America, Alan? Well, can't wait to have one of those art pieces around here, but I am used to our third world snail mail system and probably will only be able to see it delivered in some couple of months....

The best way to contact Alan regarding an order is by email, although he checks the forum often.

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
I've had my first session with the TT. I've had it all afternoon resting in the dip of my chest keeping me cosy and vaped :)
This is such a lovely, beautiful, ergonomic, cosy and effective vape - it's instant love :love:

The hits I'm getting off this baby with the steel tip roasting tube are comparable to what I'm getting off the HI :brow:

Pictures vids and full report once I've got to grip with it fully - but initial feelings are a big :tup:

Ty once again Alan for a superb piece.

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Thanks banana republic. If I haven't already contacted you, please send me another email. I have been spending too much time with HI gear and keep neglecting the TT. It does perform almost as well as the HI and deserves more of my attention.

I'm glad to hear that J.R.R. has had a chance to try out his TT. Not many have tried the new high flow core. Now he gets to spend some bonding time with his TT. The silicone turbo tubes will also work well with the TT. Can't wait to hear and see more.

Alan,
Top Bottom