Discontinued The Sublimator

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Attaching the dial to the base is paramount! I would still have a mobious had I done this earlier.
Sticks, I love the high tech dial mounting apparatus you have sourced. Can you give me the exact specs? Size, elasticity, temp rating and MSDS would be great...along with links of online resellers....and any applicable discount codes. Thanks in advance! :tup:

:peace:

Darb

I have the blaze glass piece from Planet Vape and I was useing zip ties to hold the dial. Should be a picture in here somewhere. I gave up on the zip ties. If your glass piece is small at the base just tie the cord around the base so the dial is against the base facing up. I'll take a pic after work.

Darb,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
yeah, I'm afraid I can't give specifics on what I like to call my PAS, or Proprietary Attachment System. I'm still researching different compounds and alignments. When I'm finished you can purchase it from me for around $50...or you can get in on the limited beta units for $30!

On a usage note, yesterday was a huge victory for me and the Sub. First of all, I've got my rig down to the point where I may be getting too comfortable with it...that's when you usually get careless and break shit. But I can easily transport it with one hand around the room...it's very stable on top of my black leaf bubbler with the PAS. Also, I got started early and felt great all afternoon and night with only four sessions...each with two loads (a load being a rather small spoon full of herb from my tobacco tool that gets me one full hit and a second finisher hit that is lighter). I am finding it works best with small loads...very efficient! And since I leave it on all afternoon and evening I can get in a session in about three minutes.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Thanks...noted and updated!

anyone else notice that hitting bigger loads makes it harder to keep the high throughout the day? When I start off with a heavy hitter like the Cloud or Sub, sometimes I don't get much effect later in the day or evening. It's almost like my system tilts when hit too hard and doesn't work right until being reset with a good night's sleep. But yesterday the Sub had me where I wanted to be all day long using smaller loads.

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Don't know whats up with my own endocannabinoid system frankly, as I 'never' have issues of tolerance interference ever. Guess it's a good thing, on the pocket book... but damn, I can vape all day and every hit nails me good, dabs make me blotto, and the sub sends me spinnin.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
yeah, I'm afraid I can't give specifics on what I like to call my PAS, or Proprietary Attachment System. I'm still researching different compounds and alignments. When I'm finished you can purchase it from me for around $50...or you can get in on the limited beta units for $30!

Hi! I noticed that you're planning to become a manufacturer. Please contact @vtac and register with him before you start posting. He will inform you of the rules covering manufacturers and make sure you have the correct permissions. I hope you enjoy using FC!

IIIQBIII

Vape Obsessed
I found my perfect temp. Marked it with a marker on the dial.. this is PERRRRRRRFECT.. :nod:

I have a question though for you more advanced users. How do you get access to the sublimate? Is there a method that is used to remove it so I can use it? :cheers:

IIIQBIII,

Monsoon

I found my perfect temp. Marked it with a marker on the dial.. this is PERRRRRRRFECT.. :nod:

I have a question though for you more advanced users. How do you get access to the sublimate? Is there a method that is used to remove it so I can use it? :cheers:

After awhile it should start to collect on the tip of the stem, especially after a hit. When that happens I rub it on an OilSlick Pad and then collect it with a Skilletools Flexy dabber.

Monsoon,
Reactions: IIIQBIII

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Glad to see the Sub with small amounts is working out for ya sticks!

Dude, after last night I am truly baffled by how fucked up I got on so little. This is two nights in a row where I set up my nightcap in bed and didn't use it because I passed out from the earlier session...that's how you conserve! And it even whacked me off my worst weed...you know, the shit you save to use every now and then while you have good stuff just to keep the tolerance off balance.

I am quickly becoming a believer this second time around. It's all about the rig. Once you get it setup in a safe and easy to use fashion it gets really fun! If I am still feeling this way in two weeks it may never leave my daily lineup.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
What do you guys do with your temps throughout the day? I like to start lower earlier in the day and then higher once the night hits. But once I hit those higher temps there is no going back to the lower temps for the day. I'm finding the higher temps give me the stone that is missing in the lower head high temps, and this wasn't the case a couple of months ago. For me, smaller loads are essential!

CheeseSandwich

What do you guys do with your temps throughout the day? For me, smaller loads are essential!

I use the same idea. Lower temp during the day (31-33 watts) and up to higher temps at night (36-37 watts) I also usually save the sublimate hits ( up to 42 watts) for the evening. (I say usually cause I happen to be doing sublimate dabs right now, lol:evil:I just got done working outside for 2 hrs and it's fucking cold as hell out:lol:)

Like you said tho, once you go up, there's no going down.:smug:

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I leave mine around 30 all the time, but do rotate with other vapes to get a variation of temp/experience through the day, though I often start my (early) mornings subbing, so I don't know where my T line is. LOL I usually don't do dabs often, maybe later in the day if I need stronger, or if I am having too much pain. I like to let my man have the sub oils, we have a nice symbiotic thing going where I vape the herbs, he vapes the sub oils ...

Mr T

Dab only Sublimator user's first post here.

I'd like to start by saying that I've been enjoying FC for a few months now. Thanks to all the organizer and contributors. I'm not new to vaporizing, having experience with Volcano and vape pens such as Omicron, G-Pen, etc. besides combustion until I got introduced to Sublimator last summer.

I can mainly get low quality kief where I live, so turning it into oil and dabbing it on the Sublimator is my preferred method of daily cannabis use now.

I own both the old Sublimator model (no timer) and the newer Ti-Nail.
I definitely prefer the old Sublimator over the Ti-Nail even though I'm just dabbing oil.

I hate the timer. I wish I knew how to disable it safely. Living with small children, I have to keep my gear under lock, in the master bathroom. Keeping track of the timer for reset and trying to keep it live turns it into an unpractical device. I don't want to waste the time to wait for it to heat up.
Another comparison point between the two units is that the Ti-Nail's straight holes doesn't create the whirling effect of side holes of the original device. The whirling of the smoke adds to the experience and creates a thicker cloud. The plate of the Ti-Nail isn't usually where I dab, I'd rather touch the side of a hole since the plate part ends up wasting some smoke to go up in the air.

SAM_5620_zps95db05b6.jpg

SAM_5625_zps91f68355.jpg

SAM_5624_zps65a1365a.jpg

Top Bottom