Discontinued The Sublimator

satyrday

Here is a taste test that would provide some good unbiased results. First, bring in a friend or acquaintance that hasn't spent the money on the device so won't be as emotionally tied up in the results. Second, have that person bring his own herb so he already knows how it feels normally. Third, if possible don't precondition that person with talk about the uniqueness of the device so that he won't expect anything but the normal vaporizer experience. Then wait and see without solicitation whether he enthusiastically volunteers a report about the uniqueness of the experience. If not, after some time has past then do some probing. As a prerequisite, the person should be well experienced with high temp, big hit vaping.

This may be too much hassle, but would help satisfy skeptics. Regular owner reports will be very valuable also, but due to the purported uniqueness of the device, some extra testing like I described may be in order.

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
Here is a taste test that would provide some good unbiased results. First, bring in a friend or acquaintance that hasn't spent the money on the device so won't be as emotionally tied up in the results. Second, have that person bring his own herb so he already knows how it feels normally. Third, if possible don't precondition that person with talk about the uniqueness of the device so that he won't expect anything but the normal vaporizer experience. Then wait and see without solicitation whether he enthusiastically volunteers a report about the uniqueness of the experience. If not, after some time has past then do some probing. As a prerequisite, the person should be well experienced with high temp, big hit vaping.

This may be too much hassle, but would help satisfy skeptics. Regular owner reports will be very valuable also, but due to the purported uniqueness of the device, some extra testing like I described may be in order.

When I get this I'll bring my friend around and get him to test it out. He combusts and vapes(only because I bought him a HA2.2 ;)) so he's the perfect candidate.

Adobewan

Seriously? I just bought a Cloud.
Everyone hold off, I'll buy one and then the NEXT ultimate vape will hit the market.

Kidding aside, Enrico's very likable in these vids, esp the factory tour, his energy is contagious.
As encouraged as I am about everyone's reaction to this, I'm watching and learning from the sidelines initially, but if it gets the FC bump, I'm down for one as well.

So has anyone graciously asked Enrico about a possible FC discount?

Newfoundland, Canada,.. come on people, it isn't about where we were born. In the immortal words of Nigel Powers, "There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch!"

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
All in good fun, mate. Like I said, I come from the middle of nowhere and plan to die in the middle of nowhere. Small town boy all the way.

Cities are full of nothing but noxious fumes anyway. :puke:

Another Video featuring the nail.

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
i had a question about the atomizer.. in a few parts of a few videos i saw.. mainly the torch heated part.. he makes it clear that it is important for the atomizer to also be heated up.. i was wondering why that was? how would it preform if it was cold? i assume being heated up at least helps keep it clog free..
it is a herb vaporizing device that can be used with most 14-18mm compatible water tools or similar devices. Indeed, herbs can be vaporized, not sublimated, in its chamber. This is great for those who prefer the different aromas and milder effects procured by vaporizing .
also, i didn't realize the ti nail doesn't sublimate

Buildozer,
Reactions: mvapes

marduk

daydreamer
So has anyone graciously asked Enrico about a possible FC discount?

After all the shit that was graciously thrown in his face by FC posters? :D

But seriously, it can't hurt to ask, he doesn't seem like the kind of guy that holds a grudge.

marduk,
Reactions: darkrom

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
i had a question about the atomizer.. in a few parts of a few videos i saw.. mainly the torch heated part.. he makes it clear that it is important for the atomizer to also be heated up.. i was wondering why that was? how would it preform if it was cold? i assume being heated up at least helps keep it clog free...

it strikes me that this is similar (or related) to lwien's thread about preferring hot bong water. He doesn't have an atomizer component but reheating the just released vapor has a favorable effect.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
After all the shit that was graciously thrown in his face by FC posters? :D

But seriously, it can't hurt to ask, he doesn't seem like the kind of guy that holds a grudge.

I spoke at length to Enrico about the treatment he and the Sublimator got here, and while I don't think he holds a grudge I can tell you he was deeply hurt by it. Who could blame him? It's his baby, he loves it and loves telling people about it,and some people here called him a liar. The worst offender by far got permanently banned.

I also got the impression that Enrico is not the guy who sets prices.

Top Bottom