Discontinued The Sublimator

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Okay the second session was a success. I did not get any combustion. I got one large dense hit out of the session. The ABV was a good dark espresso color. It was not charred, but was the dark brown shade I look for in ABV.

I am not sure what to write. It works, but I need more testing. I am having mixed feelings... too early to tell how I really feel about it.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Glad you got yours so fast SLIM, mine's still in IL ... Looks like maybe 2x 1/4 turns to get the temp down instead of one might be needed to avoid combustion, but it could also vary from unit to unit.

Breathemetal

Well what dont you like about it?
I believe negative first impressions are important for us to hear

Breathemetal,

JCat

Accessory Maker
- Quality of dial for temp control and lack of markings
- Difficult to get temp right or even to guess (largely due to lack of markings :))
- Gets very hot and seems like it can be hazardous with potential for burning, etc
- Unbalanced in smaller bubblers

(These were some of my negative first impressions ... I have lots of positive impressions as well and I REALLY like it ...)

Positives:
- Hits really hard and seems to hit harder then the color of your ABV indicates (so lighter ABV with a higher temp type hit)
- Very efficient ... "get the most out of your herb" ...
- Really fine/precise temperature control once you find your spot(s) (and add marks in some way such as I did ... a "white" or "silver" sharpie would probably work good for this ... I used liquid paper)
- Concentrate hits are phenomenal ... I mean really, really amazing.
- Reclaim is a really nice red/amber/translucent and seems to hit real nice and I'm looking forward to the "moon tool" to better collect it (but I'm having to scrape some out the bottom of the atomizer now to prevent it from dripping so I'm starting to collect some)
- Dry hits are unbelievably smooth ... the atomizer in combination with the effects of your chosen bong/bubbler diffuse/cool it nicely
- Great option for those already with a glass collection

So there are lots of pros and cons just like every vaporizer I've ever owned. Yet to own one that is perfect in every way but there are some darn good ones out there and I would consider the Sublimator to be one of them at this point (initial review after ~3 days usage)

jambandphan03

in flavor country
- Quality of dial for temp control and lack of markings
- Difficult to get temp right or even to guess (largely due to lack of markings :))
- Gets very hot and seems like it can be hazardous with potential for burning, etc
- Unbalanced in smaller bubblers

(These were some of my negative first impressions ... I have lots of positive impressions as well and I REALLY like it ...)

This one got my attention. Luckily I have 2 pieces that will be large enough to handle the Sub, but I am questioning my smaller Lev. showerhead bub, it's seems to be a little bit "tippy" so I might reconsider that one as a contender, at least until I get used to this thing.

Even though I don't have mine yet, I would like to say that I think the first day or so with this kind of a device might prove a bit more challenging than we are used to from our other vapes, mainly due to the nature of the heat this thing puts out. I bet after a few days it will become much more comfortable and second nature to work with.

Tweek

I definitely found the first day to be all about playing and learning. The cord is frustrating, but once you get your temps dialed in and marked, it's a breeze.

Edit: Should be restocked by the end of the week and making some video over the weekend. :smug:

green2brown

Even though I don't have mine yet, I would like to say that I think the first day or so with this kind of a device might prove a bit more challenging than we are used to from our other vapes, mainly due to the nature of the heat this thing puts out. I bet after a few days it will become much more comfortable and second nature to work with.

It definitely gets easier to use with a little practice. Now on day 4 it's just flat out fun :D.

Tweek

I'm debating if I should do a budder/herb/bubble hit all in one...my stomach is churning at the thought, while my brain is crying "fry me seymour!"

Audrey2.jpg

John Lewus

Has anyone compared this to a cloud purely from a convenience and cleanup factor? Loading up 10 ELBs at once for all day vamping is very convenient. I hate having to dump and load between sessions. The ELBs are fairly easy to deal with.

John Lewus,
Reactions: VaporEyes

Tweek

I don't have a cloud, but there is very little maintenance with the sublimator so far. I haven't felt the need to clean it yet...just dump out my bowl into a little cup when I am done and start over.

green2brown

Has anyone compared this to a cloud purely from a convenience and cleanup factor? Loading up 10 ELBs at once for all day vamping is very convenient. I hate having to dump and load between sessions. The ELBs are fairly easy to deal with.

The Sub couldn't be any easier really. Just drop some bud into it to load. And turn the atomizer upside down and give it a firm tap on the table to empty.

Enrico

Manufacturer
Me too :)

Edit:

@Enrico: I was wondering about cleaning the Apollo heating unit itself ... it does get some discoloration and does get dirty through normal use especially with concentrate so I was wondering about cleaning it. Does it disassemble to clean more thoroughly like the atomizer? It would be nice to be able to drop the cover of the head of the heating unit in some ISO for cleaning ...
never disamblr the apollo run it high temp for 10 min should clean it

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Glad you got yours so fast SLIM, mine's still in IL ... Looks like maybe 2x 1/4 turns to get the temp down instead of one might be needed to avoid combustion, but it could also vary from unit to unit.

I paid for Xpresspost shipping to get it here quicker. ;)

It is not that I dislike anything I just have some concerns. I imagine the first few days I will have to dial in my preferred setting.

The device is quite hot and could be dangerous in the wrong hands. It reminds me allot of the VHW in terms of safety/burn potential. I feel like I need a third hand to really use it well. I need one for the heater handle, one for the atomizer handle, and one for the water pipe. I am sure with better technique I could make the experience smoother. (Update: I put one handle on the left and one on the right so I could lift and clear it that way. It works better, but still needs more tweaking.) :science:

It does not hit as hard as I though it would. Maybe I expected it to hit harder then the competition, but I don't find it does. It gives me the same medicated state I would expect from some of its competitors. I mean I am medicated, but it is nothing new or next level. :shrug:

There is allot to like. Few devices on the market deliver the density and extraction qualities the Sublimator provides. I feel like it is a pretty durable unit as well. I am more likely to travel with this unit over others for hotel use. I am about 4 sessions in now... if you count the combusted one. When the device is up and running you can get a session done very quickly. That is a big plus in my book.

I will need a few days to sort out my feelings on this one. In the mean time I guess I will have to keep testing and refining my technique.

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I dumped the bits out. I cleaned the screen and the water pipe. I used compressed-air-in-a-can to blow out any other bits. That was clean enough for the time being. When I let it cool down I will give it a deeper cleaning. The heater did not really get dirty, was mostly the atomizer/screen.

I am 5 sessions in. It really can do the sessions quite fast. I think I found the perfect temperature range. The ABV is coming out looking like dark expresso or dark chocolate. Even factoring in the combustion and light cleaning the taste is pretty good.

I much much prefer a little water filtration. I don't think anything will ever change that. I just can't seem to tolerate dry vapor for extended usage. :ugh:

Update: 6 sessions down. I tried some bubble hash in the bottom chamber. Works quite well. I found a primer inhale/exhale to milk the chamber before the actual hit worked the best for hash. I was able to get one large milky hit from it.

green2brown

SliM, how much are you loading into the atomizer? I think you're the first one on FC who will test larger loads. I'm surprised you're not getting any more medicated from this than from other vapes. Even in a truly medicinal sense? Because I've definitely noticed less pain and discomfort and for longer durations since using my Sublimator.

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I have been through a little over gram of flowers and a tiny bit of bubble hash. Each session is about .3 give or take... just my normal instinctual amount. Don't get me wrong I am a satisfied level of medicated. That being said... surprisingly, I don't notice much difference between this and the cloud. I have more dry mouth, but that could be because I have any water today. Everything else is pretty much the same. My pain reduction is on par with what I would expect. Energy levels are the same. I am about to go mow the lawn while it is nice out.

satyrday

Received. Feels like high quality material. Very simple looking. $500 not cheap for what you get, but seems like it would last forever. True value to be determined.

Instruction card a bit unclear (confusing English suddenly not as charming). Heating up now. For safety reasons, plugged into gfci strip & placed in large pyrex dish. Cord placed under corner of dish to secure. Atomizer fits nicely in VB Mini bubbler with enough clearance for a little water, but going in dry for starters.

Pretty sure if you mushroom stamped someone with a hot atomizer you would trepanate them. More later.

Top Bottom