Discontinued The Stealthvape

nowonknows

I like the look of this but not the idea of the breathing air travelling over the battery. It'd be fine for the most part but if the battery shits itself and drops its guts I don't want to be breathing that shit in. Tell me I have nothing to worry about so I can order one :lol:

nowonknows,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
nowonknows said:
I like the look of this but not the idea of the breathing air travelling over the battery. It'd be fine for the most part but if the battery shits itself and drops its guts I don't want to be breathing that shit in. Tell me I have nothing to worry about so I can order one :lol:
Well If your battery craps while in the mflb it will soak into the wood with all the toxic glory it has trying to make you ill.. So you will be both breating shit and being unable to clean it ..
Imo the most imporant feauture for a stealth vape is the easiness of cleaning...
So with stealth vape you can iso soak.. and get rid of all "illegal stuff" and you can take during flight...
Mflb smells a lot.. expecially after long use.. and can never be cleaned..

Abysmal Vapor,

tuscan tins

Do batteries even actually explode like that? I thought it only happens when you leave them connected but not circulating current.

tuscan tins,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

Abysmal Vapor said:
nowonknows said:
Well If your battery craps while in the mflb it will soak into the wood with all the toxic glory it has trying to make you ill.. So you will be both breating shit and being unable to clean it ..
Imo the most imporant feauture for a stealth vape is the easiness of cleaning...
So with stealth vape you can iso soak.. and get rid of all "illegal stuff" and you can take during flight...

I wouldn't recommend taking something on a plane that resembles a bullet. Just my :2c:

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Q:

Stealthvape seems to be located in Brooklyn, and I live/work just minutes away. Can I preorder, then pick it up to save $ ?

sessnet,

darkrom

Great Scott!
CarlosSpiceyWeiner said:
Abysmal Vapor said:
nowonknows said:

I wouldn't recommend taking something on a plane that resembles a bullet. Just my :2c:

1) Best username ever.

2) You could always mail this to yourself. I'm sure checking it would be ok (it's not a weapon afterall, its a tobacco vaporizer if they ask) but if you were paranoid you could mail it to yourself without problems.

I have been looking for a portable I could take with me if I did travel, but then again I can't travel with bud anyway so it would still be a pain in the ass to vape far away :/

darkrom,

AlexSV

Manufacturer
nowonknows said:

While I have never personally seen a battery explode, I do know that if you were to open up a battery and inhale the contents it can cause problems for people with a hypersensitivity to nickel.

CarlosSpiceyWeiner said:
I like that it takes regular AA batteries.

It doesn't take regular AA batteries, it will take rechargeable AA batteries though. As my partner mentioned, we've found that certain kinds/brands work a lot better than others.

mod note: please use the edit button and/or place manual quotes to avoid back to back posts. Posts merged

AlexSV,

nowonknows

AlexSV said:
nowonknows said:

While I have never personally seen a battery explode, I do know that if you were to open up a battery and inhale the contents it can cause problems for people with a hypersensitivity to nickel.

I've never seen one explode either, but lately had heaps in remotes and whatever else start to leak. They were getting old but still worked fine, I think the extreme heat here could be part of the problem. Anyway with this vape I guess you don't leave the battery in all the time so they could ne inspected before each use, also I don't know much about batteries but know there are different types, maybe the rechargeable intended for use with this aren't prone to leaking.

nowonknows,

AlexSV

Manufacturer
nowonknows said:
AlexSV said:
nowonknows said:

I've never seen one explode either, but lately had heaps in remotes and whatever else start to leak. They were getting old but still worked fine, I think the extreme heat here could be part of the problem. Anyway with this vape I guess you don't leave the battery in all the time so they could ne inspected before each use, also I don't know much about batteries but know there are different types, maybe the rechargeable intended for use with this aren't prone to leaking.

One of my MFLB batteries started leaking, so I stopped using it. I know they've changed battery types since, though. I am not sure what I had done that caused the leakage. Batteries are hermetically sealed.

It's not an unreasonable thing to check your battery out before using it. Also, with this vape you'd probably be using it for 15~ seconds at a time.

mod note: All the batteries that have ever been supplied with the MFLB have been well known brands. Please watch your comments concerning competitive vapes, in order to avoid any appearance of negativity.

AlexSV,

weedemon

enthusiast
how are the rips? how thick and how easy is it to operate? i see it's going to be mflb/direct draw style temperature controlled. sometimes (it depends on what im doing at the time and if im concentrating on something else) i find the mflb draw speed a little too slow to be able to easily do it.

does the bowl require stirring?

do you have any final units that people can try and post reviews with?

mod note: That sounds a lot like a request for a beta unit, which is against the rules.

*sorry, that was not at all how it was implied. i simply want more info before i put money out. If someone that doesn't work for the company could post a review i would be much more inclined to believe it rather than hearing it from the company. i'm just asking for 3rd party input if any was available. send one to dopefiend or joe rogan, hell i don't care, i certainly wasn't implying it was supposed to be me :p

weedemon,

THCMuscle

If there were a video or two online I'd absolutely get in on this pre-order. Need more info! I think a lot of people will be interested at this price point.

If its safe and works as well as a MFLB I want one absolutely.

THCMuscle,

zmurder

AlexSV said:
nowonknows said:
AlexSV said:

One of my MFLB batteries started leaking, so I stopped using it. I know they've changed battery types since, though. I am not sure what I had done that caused the leakage. Batteries are hermetically sealed.

It's not an unreasonable thing to check your battery out before using it. Also, with this vape you'd probably be using it for 15~ seconds at a time.

mod note: All the batteries that have ever been supplied with the MFLB have been well known brands. Please watch your comments concerning competitive vapes, in order to avoid any appearance of negativity.

Is there an appropriate thread for users to report overzealous moderator interference in seemingly-fine messages? A lotta red text on these pages for no reason; not a very welcoming forum in many ways.

Modnote: Please review the forum rules. Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the site. If you have any concerns or queries relating to a staff decision please take it up in private with a staff member. Infraction given.

FYI, manufacturers are held to a different standard than normal members on this forum. AlexSV is a manufacturer.

zmurder,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
AlexSV is a manufacturer and has a different set of rules to follow then most of us zmurder, to protect the competition for instance. But if you don't agree with a moderator you can always send one of them an email.

OhTheAgony,

OF

zmurder said:
Is there an appropriate thread for users to report overzealous moderator interference in seemingly-fine messages? A lotta red text on these pages for no reason; not a very welcoming forum in many ways.

Yup, sure there is....but I think most all will agree 'this ain't it'. Take it "off line".

Since the above seems based on opinions, I suggest the OP might take those opinions to the appropriate guy and see if they hold water?

FWIW, I'm not one who thinks the central idea of this forum (or any other) is to make folks feel welcome no matter what they say or do. For instance, some of us find some of the BS off putting I'll bet? As I see it a guy has at least two choices if he's not happy. First, *politely* address his concerns to 'the powers that be' offline. Then, he's welcome to go elsewhere in search of that all illusive happiness elsewhere?

Rather, I think the idea is the free exchange of ideas? A few rules seem to help that, at least to me.

OF

OF,

AlexSV

Manufacturer
weedemon said:
how are the rips? how thick and how easy is it to operate? i see it's going to be mflb/direct draw style temperature controlled. sometimes (it depends on what im doing at the time and if im concentrating on something else) i find the mflb draw speed a little too slow to be able to easily do it.

does the bowl require stirring?

do you have any final units that people can try and post reviews with?

mod note: That sounds a lot like a request for a beta unit, which is against the rules.

*sorry, that was not at all how it was implied. i simply want more info before i put money out. If someone that doesn't work for the company could post a review i would be much more inclined to believe it rather than hearing it from the company. i'm just asking for 3rd party input if any was available. send one to dopefiend or joe rogan, hell i don't care, i certainly wasn't implying it was supposed to be me :p

1) The hits really very similar to an MFLB. Although, I find that the quality of the vapor really depends on how finely the flowers are ground. We designed the mouthpiece to be of such a shape that it would capture and contain a buildup of vapor before being drawn out. It's necessary to have such a device, otherwise the vapor will get lost and wasted in any breeze.

2) The bowl can sometimes require a little stirring, since the flowers in the very very center of the bowl-pack may not receive as much heat as the flowers along the surface of the bowl. On the other hand, remember: heat is going to transfer best when the flowers are touching the surface of the heating element in any vaporizer and get progressively cooler as you move away from it. Of course, on this device the heating element is a half-sphere. Anything in the center of such a heated sphere will still be getting a good amount of heat the heating element that encloses it.

3) Under no circumstances will we be giving "beta" units out, the units that reviewers will receive next month will be our final launch revisions. You can expect a video preview on the usage very soon. Reviews are pending on the time it requires for us to receive our shipments of materials and tooling so that the reviewers will have something in their hand that is the most accurate representation of what we are capable of producing. Maintaining the utmost of quality is our top priority here. Only at that point do we feel it is an appropriate time to send units to customers. Our current time schedule puts us at next month for that.

I hope this answers your questions.

AlexSV,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Professional indeed. I will keep watching this in the background. My recent portable purchases have me realizing that its the willingness to address potential issues that I value most in a vaporizer company.

darkrom,

DaProfessor

Can't wait to see some videos of the unit. I'm really considering this for my next purchase. I really want a convenient portable. If it works in a similar way to the MFLB, that would be great. I'm looking for something that will let me take a single small hit when I need and save the rest for later. I'm not a heavy user, but would like to medicate throughout the day.

DaProfessor,

3lemental

Wow, this looks awesome. Saw the post on reddit a couple of days ago, and come here to my regular lurking ground to find a 20% off coupon :D
Figured that was a good reason to come out of hiding and make my first post, I will definitely be ordering one of these soon as I can (waiting on a loan to be paid back after christmas), thanks for all the work.

Question for the vendor; I saw on your facebook site that you suggested people email you about custom orders, but I had a couple of questions about this that are probably valuable to be asked/answered in a public forum;

• Will it be possible to get these in a wood finish? How integral is the metal shell/would you be willing to do a limited run of wooden ones (perhaps with some custom woodburning?) since there are a few people here interested?[/*]
  • Also, if one wanted a custom paint finish, how much would you want for the service?[/*]

Cheers again, and thanks to FC as well for the great community.

3lemental,

msb241178

Do you have any idea when you'll be offering your product to your friends over the water, in the UK??

msb241178,
Top Bottom