Discontinued The Stealthvape

staticsunn said:
I was fooling around in Autodesk Inventor a few weeks ago trying to come up with designs for a portable battery powered vaporizer and it looked just like this... creepy :o.
Meeeeee Tooooo but mine was made from wood . but cant wait for some reviews...or i might just "bite the bullet" on this bullet-looking vape. lol :) Cant beat a 20% discount.

mflb_hustler,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
I was going to buy the vaporblunt, but at $80 versus $219, I think the decision was made for me. I am SO preordering this once I get paid. I think I love everything about this already.

sessnet,

moodswing

low tolerance is underrated
charliedontsurf said:
...In the meantime, he created a 20% off coupon for all of us! Just enter FUCKCOMBUSTION in the coupon box, which appears on the paypal page. He said it's good till Jan 15. What a nice guy! Facebookers got 10% off, we're obviously cooler.

that's cool indeed. ( :tup: StealthVape)
unfortunately not much will be known about this vape (performance/efficiency/clouds) until a good 2-3 weeks after the discount expires. :/

here's to hoping there's a few pre-launch units out there and reviews are posted...

moodswing,

AlexSV

Manufacturer
Hi everyone.

I'm the co-owner/creator of the Stealthvape.

I am more than happy to answer any questions.

To clarify a few things:

1) We're going to be able to post videos of the unit in action in about 2 weeks.

2) Yes, it uses a conductive heating element.

3) We honestly haven't tested concentrates. We're not officially endorsing or advertising the use of concentrates (yet) because the heating element screen might get gunky. So far we have only used ground up flowers.

4) People have asked about battery life compared to the MFLB. If you were to use the same battery in both units and test them head to head, ours will likely run longer due to the slightly smaller surface area of the heating element. My own MFLB is currently broken and needs to be repaired, so I won't be able to test that directly for a while. :p

For anyone on the fence about the unit, I made sure that coupon code would last a few weeks after we got our video demonstrations out.

I'll be around to answer any more questions. We love you all and are grateful for your feedback.

AlexSV,
AlexSV said:
Hi everyone.

I am more than happy to answer any questions.

To clarify a few things:

1) We're going to be able to post videos of the unit in action in about 2 weeks.

2) Yes, it uses a conductive heating element.

3) We honestly haven't tested concentrates. We're not officially endorsing or advertising the use of concentrates (yet) because the heating element screen might get gunky. So far we have only used ground up flowers.

4) People have asked about battery life compared to the MFLB. If you were to use the same battery in both units and test them head to head, ours will likely run longer due to the slightly smaller surface area of the heating element. My own MFLB is currently broken and needs to be repaired, so I won't be able to test that directly for a while. :p

For anyone on the fence about the unit, I made sure that coupon code would last a few weeks after we got our video demonstrations out.

I'll be around to answer any more questions. We love you all and are grateful for your feedback.

Can you give us some info about usage:
1. What is the recommended dosage? (ie. .2g or more)
2. How powerful is the battery it comes with?(Do stronger batteries affect the temp?)
3. How sturdy is the heating element?

mflb_hustler,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
I may just take a leap of faith on this one, it looks solid and $80 is not too shabby

SF Giant,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
AlexSV said:
Hi everyone.

Greetings! Thanks for the info - I am in love with this thing already - just a few Q's :

1. Can I use the same batteries/charger as the MFLB?

2. Any more pictures of the actual stealthvape? Are the pictures on the site CG?

And wondering if this is the size of any real life bullet? I can picture a hot chick wearing a bullet belt loaded with these rambo-style would be good promotional material :p

sessnet,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Welcome to FC AlexSV! Don't forget to link your website under your avatar (or where it normally is) as well. Unfortunately the acronym 'SV' is already taken by the Supreme Vaporizer, perhaps we should just call it The Bullet?

Just adding another question to the ones above; could you give us some more info about the air-path of the StealthVape and the materials that are used in it perhaps?

OhTheAgony,

weeny

Hi everybody, I am the engineer of the Stealthvape.

mflb_hustler said:
Can you give us some info about usage:
1. What is the recommended dosage? (ie. .2g or more)
2. How powerful is the battery it comes with?(Do stronger batteries affect the temp?)
3. How sturdy is the heating element?

1. The nominal quantity of finely ground substrate is 0.25 - 0.4g. The volume enclosed within the vaporization chamber is about 1.25 cc. (A rolled cigarette is 1.75 - 2.5 cc)
2. We are packing them with >1900 mAh name-brand batteries. I've tested about 8 different brands so far; some of the higher-end ones have a lower internal resistance meaning they do burn slightly hotter, and last a shorter amount of time.
3. The heating element's construction is pretty beefy. It's made of alumina, which is one of the toughest engineering materials we have available. The mesh is press-fit into place using stainless hardware using 1T of force; so it's not going anywhere.

ripe_buds said:
Isn't 250c is a bit high? You are sure to get harmful by-products from that..
So the key here is to manually regulate the temperature using airflow, or by switching it off when it reaches the nominal temperature. If you leave it switched on it will heat up to around 250 C inside the chamber; but during usage you will be lowering that temperature using your airflow.

weeny,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
So is it using the resistance of the screen for heating as the mflb does ?Or it heats the air which vaporizers the THC while passing trough the herb ?

Abysmal Vapor,

AlexSV

Manufacturer
sessnet said:
AlexSV said:
Hi everyone.

Greetings! Thanks for the info - I am in love with this thing already - just a few Q's :

1. Can I use the same batteries/charger as the MFLB?

2. Any more pictures of the actual stealthvape? Are the pictures on the site CG?

And wondering if this is the size of any real life bullet? I can picture a hot chick wearing a bullet belt loaded with these rambo-style would be good promotional material :p

1) Yes, it can. There's really no need to buy our charger if you already have the MFLB one.

2) We have a few CG images, but the image of it sitting on my hand is real. We'll be getting more images up soon!

In terms of a bullet-to-vape comparison...I have no idea. I'm sure there are some heavy machine gun rounds that are of a similar size, but I don't know enough about large caliber ammunition to make a proper comparison. I like your idea, a friend of mine mentioned something similar and it got some wheels turning in my head.

AlexSV,

AlexSV

Manufacturer
Abysmal Vapor said:
So is it using the resistance of the screen for heating as the mflb does ?Or it heats the air which vaporizers the THC while passing trough the herb ?

The screen heats up like the MFLB.

AlexSV,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Thx for responce ! Can the screen be removed to clear the heating element or can you soak the unit in ISO ?
AlexSV said:
Abysmal Vapor said:

Abysmal Vapor,

moodswing

low tolerance is underrated
welcome to fc alex n weeny

ok so if i understand correctly it employs a similar heating element principle as mflb but battery lasts longer because it heats up less surface area?

so obviously, you draw from the tip of the bullet... where does the air enter? through under the heating element? does the air path pass through the battery/circuitry?

moodswing,

weedemon

enthusiast
very interested and the 20% coupon is interesting too! after i see a vid or 2 or maybe a review then I will know for sure! :)

thanks for joining us over here on FC guys!

weedemon,

AlexSV

Manufacturer
Abysmal Vapor said:
Thx for responce ! Can the screen be removed to clear the heating element or can you soak the unit in ISO ?
AlexSV said:
Abysmal Vapor said:

Yes, you should clean it by soaking it in Isopropyl alcohol. That would work.

AlexSV,

AlexSV

Manufacturer
moodswing said:
welcome to fc alex n weeny

ok so if i understand correctly it employs a similar heating element principle as mflb but battery lasts longer because it heats up less surface area?

so obviously, you draw from the tip of the bullet... where does the air enter? through under the heating element? does the air path pass through the battery/circuitry?

The air enters through the bottom of the device and passes through.

AlexSV,

darkrom

Great Scott!
OhTheAgony said:
I hope this thing works like crap, I don't want to get another vape :rolleyes:

First world problems eh?

I'd LOVE this to be a great portable solution to supplement my MFLB, but after my recent disgust in the solo, I can no longer justify being an early adopter. I hope this works well and is well reviewed. You can never have enough portables.

darkrom,

THCMuscle

This looks very promising. I've been wanting something to seriously compete/compare to the MFLB in size and function, perhaps this will be it!

No need for an omicron flower cart if this works.

THCMuscle,
darkrom said:
OhTheAgony said:
I hope this thing works like crap, I don't want to get another vape :rolleyes:

First world problems eh?

Do you want him to complain about his violent, bloody dysentery?

Because if that's what you want, I'll give you an earful! :lol:

charliedontsurf,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Thanks for joining the forum Alex, always have a hard time not spending coin on a new and diffrent vape, exspecially if made in the US. Do you build the units here? Thanks so much.

IAmKrazy2,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
Man I was set on what vape to get next, but this may change my plans, and actually help me save money. Hmmm.

THCMuscle said:
No need for an omicron flower cart if this works.
I dunno, the Omicron and its sibling models look like a regular e-cig could give you a bit more leeway, at least in public.

lesvape,
Top Bottom