Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gobrian

I asked for a refund via the form on the RBT website on Monday 6/6. I've heard nothing yet and have not been refunded.
A FC member was kind enough to reach out and provide contact e-mails via PM.
I'll be emailing Sheila tomorrow.

Gobrian,

mnicsy999

I like butane vapes.
You can only purchase through retailers at this point in time. PlanetVape is one that is located in Canada and I believe that there is another in the US but don't remember which one it is.

It has been mentioned in this thread if you want to do a search - or perhaps someone will provide the alternate online retailer in a future posting.

Edit: Post above beat me to it ......at least for the store that I was thinking of.
Is the price on planetvape.ca in CAD or USD?

murf2010

Majority of you guys use short or long stem? Man this thing is so powerful. Keep over cooking this! Still love it but trying to get it a tad smoother!

murf2010,
Reactions: Bravesst

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Majority of you guys use short or long stem? Man this thing is so powerful. Keep over cooking this! Still love it but trying to get it a tad smoother!

Now that I have short stems I use them the most, can sense the heat quicker. Let go of the button sooner, use residual heat more, keep drawing after holding for only a few sec really

murf2010

I'm a new mi owner. Started with the small one and having a tough time keeping the heat down. Can't figure out what's really causing me to combust. Is my chamber packed too full? Too button happy? Drawing to slow?

On a side note this thing is so fun I've been medicated for 4 days straight. Like never at 0. Middle of the night sessions. I know it's pathetic

AJS

Calm Consistency
I'm a new mi owner. Started with the small one and having a tough time keeping the heat down. Can't figure out what's really causing me to combust. Is my chamber packed too full? Too button happy? Drawing to slow?
Why not all 3? :shrug:

Try creating more distance between the herb and the heater. Tamp lighter. Pulse more.

Edited to say.. damn...every time I use this thing I'm just so impressed, especially through water. It's near impossible for me to continue hitting until the vapor thins. I would hack a lung. The hits I'm getting as it is, is nothing short of absurd. I can feel the actual thickness of the vapor on exhale, and even in a dark room the clouds are so visibly massive.
This vape is the closest vape I've had to the LSV, it milks almost the exact same and has a slow startup, just as the LSV. Both vapes would throw me on my ass every time I attempted to out power it. It just doesn't work. It requires teamwork...but with proper technique, the Milaana will almost always beat you. It's easy to out power the heater by just inhaling super hard, but if you do it properly, your piece will be milked until you just can't take it anymore, and will keep milking.
Milah Mina and Zina. Has a nice ring?
Excited for my new recessed one to show up, and even more excited for the Zion.

Last edited:

BadDog No

Figured out a way to step the temperature and explore the cooler range of Milaana. I just wanted to taste the herb in as close a way to the FireFly as I can. So short warmup : 5 seconds max, less later as everything warms up. One second of pull with the button still in; release and pull until no more flavor, say another 2 to 5 seconds. Second round, add a second and so on. OK immediately all you shallow packing fine grind enthusiasts are wondering what good this does if you're only getting 3 or 4 good pulls anyway? Ah, but I'm a deep packing no grind, mush those little buds with a dowel kind of guy (recently). I'm getting 5 or 6 big hits before I stir, dump, and repack. Maybe 15 or 20 pulls altogether. I should weigh stuff and take pictures, huh? :tinfoil: Anyway adding a second at a time is my current mode of operation dry. Wet I just use a strong long draw, like forever minus several seconds for the "button off" cool down and pull finish. So that's it. I hope you get a chance to try my newest Milaana recipe. Pack densely but start with ridiculously short "button" times and ramp it up a second at a time. Works for me...
EDIT: Further research may have revealed that 2 or 3 seconds is probably a better place to start and of course you can "temp step" by several seconds any time you wish.
Further Edit:oh you guys doing concentrates are right. Milaana rocks with a little reclaim on cotton. I found a half used cotton ball with a little reclaim that I'd forgotten about. Millie came through so big time and tasty. That's it. Good nite.

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer

This is the challenge, and where technique aNd skill come in. I was used to a lower power unit. I could pull hsrd (or soft) and ride the button, no char. Now, I need to be a lot more in tune to what is happening with heat. I could see the Zion attraction, as you can get an assist here, like the dimmer switch on an Enano vs an Underdog. And once a stem chars, it's might be a bit late for smooth, though sometimes I can stir and still get taste.

Took me a month or two to master my AAs, but now I can blow HUGE clouds from what some consider a low powered vape. I found that sweet spot, here it's a bit more illusive, harder to repeat, because of "unregulated" power, but the potential for perfection is also greater.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I'm almost past the honey-moon phase, but I can already say that I love the Milaana. It works really well, and coming from the Zion and Firewood 2.1, it's super easy to use.

It does require more attention than the Zion, it's a wilder beast. But I don't set my Zion to 100% either. I think the Mi is like a Zi stuck to about 90% and without the comfort of the voltage regulation, and a lower (but not dramatic) battery life. On the other hand it's way more portable, despite being not fully contained.

The Mi feels considerably hotter with the short stem, but not unusably hot like my Firewood with its stock stem. I clearly prefer the Zion and the longest stem for taste and vapor quality/coolness (I think these three concepts are completely related, the hotter the worse the taste)

The Mi taste is also often less good because of human errors: the button timing must be tight, a single off-beat and you get to higher temps and you can get uneven roasting, spoiling the taste. I find that I need to stir at least once during my session, where I never stir with the Zion. But everytime it's because I wasn't cautious and got a tad too high in temperature.

I used the Mi a lot at home in order to test it, but I prefer the Zion in this setup. Now on the go and outside, the Mi is my first choice now, without hesitation. I also use the Project by Pipes but it's not perfect for now, and I enjoy it less than the Mi. I still grab my conduction vapes when I want to have a longer and less intense session, as both the Mi and Zi are uber violent! I keep saying it, but these guys hit super strong, they remind me my first joints and my first trips to Amsterdam.

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Got the Milaana from the classifieds last night. Unfortunately the glass was loose in the box when I got it. I bought this for a friend but he is not very savvy repairing things and I feel bad handing him a broken vape when he paid me for it already :( So I will lose a few bucks on the deal and go buy some adhesive and repair it for him. I roughed up the inner lip of the glass with my Dremel tool so the epoxy has something better to bite on. Is 5 minute epoxy still the glue of choice for this repair?

571BBA14-306C-491C-98C2-5D3E98A838D3_zpsljefltta.jpg

Roughed up the lip a little to prep for the repair...

5BADDFFF-6E70-4E62-B525-4F478F7253E9_zpslf9bwdzj.jpg

fluffhead

Recovering Idealist
Having just gotten my Milaana back today, I wanted to share my CS experience with RBT. Today is exactly two weeks after they received my Milaana for repair. Considering there is a border between us, I am happy with the turnaround. In the end they didn't charge me for the button repair, they said it was under warranty, so the only thing I had to pay was shipping there, they covered shipping back.

Other items of note from my warranty experience:
  • Sheila is very helpful and rather prompt generally with a response.
  • They also fixed my female glass as it was far from flush and not even. It is now further in and quite even.
  • They sent me a replacement short stem for the broken one as per their offer. They have improved the quality of the short stem from the previous one I had gotten.
  • They sent me a replacement battery for the dented one that I had mentioned previously. I didn't even think about it and didn't mention it to them, but they remembered and sent the replacement anyway.
I think that is all. Overall I am quite happy with the CS I received from RBT. I am definitely very happy to have my Milaana back!

buckhakeesah

I've only used the short stem, my long stem is still in its packaging still. Do you find that you have to alter your technique with this thing when you're using the long stem?

murf2010

I've only used the short stem, my long stem is still in its packaging still. Do you find that you have to alter your technique with this thing when you're using the long stem?

I find the long stem less convenient but more forgiving. I'm really working on my technique right now and feel like I'm just guessing with grind, draw speed and tamp. I think I'm too botton happy because I don't let go till I feel slight heat. Gotta figure this beast out. Love it tho.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I only use my JoDA Glasswork stems which are the same length as the long stem. I feel that they are much better than the RBT stems as the inside diameter increases towards the end of the stem allowing for a little extra cooling. Sometimes I attach a JoDa stem to the shopxhale.com adapter I have and this makes for a slightly longer air path but seems giagantic when trying to drive and take hits so I prefer to use without the adapter when I am driving. The adapter adds more cooling IME.

btka

Got the Milaana from the classifieds last night. Unfortunately the glass was loose in the box when I got it. I bought this for a friend but he is not very savvy repairing things and I feel bad handing him a broken vape when he paid me for it already :( So I will lose a few bucks on the deal and go buy some adhesive and repair it for him. I roughed up the inner lip of the glass with my Dremel tool so the epoxy has something better to bite on. Is 5 minute epoxy still the glue of choice for this repair?

571BBA14-306C-491C-98C2-5D3E98A838D3_zpsljefltta.jpg

Roughed up the lip a little to prep for the repair...

5BADDFFF-6E70-4E62-B525-4F478F7253E9_zpslf9bwdzj.jpg
can you make a picture of the heating element...

btka,
Everyone does liken the experience to an e-nano high :hmm:...

Absolutely destroys nanos buzz imo. Fair ways behind the LSV IMO/E however.

I roughed up the inner lip of the glass with my Dremel tool so the epoxy has something better to bite on. Is 5 minute epoxy still the glue of choice for this repair?

Yes, devcon brand was specifically suggested by Ryan but any 5 minute will do. Good move roughing it up, seems to of worked well on my unit.

I'm still trying to properly warm up to the Milaana, its the most potent electric portable I've used but its a bit slower than my day to day electric (The Project) and not quite as stealth so It won't likely fill that niche and at home I'm generally using my butane vapes or the LSV. Not sure where it fits in my own rotation just yet.

AJS

Calm Consistency
pdYmjNu.jpg

bHWGzX1.jpg

xyf9aJt.jpg

Decided to find some more uses for the eGo case. Holds all accessories or the Milaana and a few necessities. One batt in the Milaana with a safety switch (can't see in picture), two stored + stem. One battery gets left behind :(

I think for heavy transport and moves, I'll just leave all the accessories in the case. Seems very safe and holds pretty much everything Milaana related

justvapin

Enthusiastic Cannabis Consumer
Still waiting to receive mine. Would like to at least have an update as to when it may ship, could anyone point me to an email address which would allow me to check on status? I ordered direct from RBT, and thought I would have heard something by now. Not complaining, just looking for a status......

justvapin,

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
@murf2010 I have a couple of questions for you to help address your issue...

What's grind?

Where is your screen?

How dense do you pack/how much?

What is your heating ritual?

WakeAndVape,
Reactions: KeroZen

Vapington

I think one member received a unit this week, but the rest of the preorders are in the same boat as you. if I recall, the RBT website had the first week of July as the deadline for preorder shipping, though some members (including me) were told privately that preorder units would be shipping last week.

Vapington,

murf2010

@murf2010 I have a couple of questions for you to help address your issue...

What's grind?

Where is your screen?

How dense do you pack/how much?

What is your heating ritual?

Usually between medium
And fine grind.

Pack the chamber half full and a very light tamp with the top of a golf tee.

I don't pack very dense at all usually light and fluffy with just a little tap on top for the tamp.

My screen is dome style.

Are usually hold the button for four seconds while drawing release and continue to draw for for five seconds

murf2010,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom