Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oogendoogan

With @Vape Dr. guitar pick mod you can have a battery in and just bring a box with a stem and a battery or 2 prepacked stems. It's not as portable as something that is all contained but I haven't been in many situations that I couldn't just put a stem in, slide the guitar pick outa the way, and get a huge hit, taking the stem out and putting it back and I'm walking away by the time I am blowing out my huge ass hit. Best way to Medicate on the go IMO. I have some session vapes that I use and love but I still bring my milaana with me everywhere, it's like my convection vapor pal that always needs to come so I can medicate with that pure convection taste and vapor quality I love.
Edit: I'm always bringing up that mod.. Learn it guys! It makes this thing a dream portable.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I think people expect to much from an unregulated device. The fact it's unregulated means it up to the user to regulate temps. Be it through draw speeds or distance of the load from the heater or even how finely ground and/or packed the material is. All these do play factors. But only in the sense of maximizing your experience. It will or should work right out of the box with a tiny pre heat you will see very nice vapor. Now you can greatly increase your technique and experience through all the great suggestions people have posted on this thread.

IMO the Mi can do damn near anything you want it to do as far as vaporizers go. You just need to find your sweet spot with it.
Hell I just put my dirty screen all the way to the tip of my stem and gave the Mi a short 3-4 sec pre heat and then sipped very very lightly and you wouldn't believe the amount of vapor coming from all the juicy oils left on it and on the sides of the stem. These are some of my most medicating hits. Plus it does a decent job of cleaning it to where you improve the airflow.
Well said..., and swappable battery

Bravesst,

HD Springer

had an amazing session yesterday - short stem, basket screen at the tip, packed about 3/4, with a moderate tamp.

3-4 huge clouds later and the abv looked untouched. loving the effeciency, speed, and taste even with the shorty.

I love the short stem the best. I actually use a 18m-18m that's even shorter then the shorty stem. It's the instant response and readings you get that I just love from the shorty's. I feel I can get the most from my loads.

murf2010

Am I able to recharge the batteries whenever I want or do I have to let them fully drain?

murf2010,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Am I able to recharge the batteries whenever I want or do I have to let them fully drain?

Whenever you want, most do it around 3.7v

Or with mighty i can just bring mighty..and herb...i really like the milaana..its just not as portable..for my needs..and it does take more thinking to achieve utmost results.

Yeah that's where GH can be more portable for me too, but reloading is more annoying and way worse battery life (not to mention harsher hitting) so it really depends on the situation

murf2010

Whenever you want, most do it around 3.7v

Yeah that's where GH can be more portable for me too, but reloading is more annoying and way worse battery life (not to mention harsher hitting) so it really depends on the situation
So recharging won't hurt the life of the battery??

murf2010,

HD Springer

All stem load vaporizer has these issues. I feel it's almost apples to oranges. Do you want a session type vape or a hit it when you want it type deal. On demand vaporizers has their positives and negatives. Just like everything in life. I guess you could go with the ff2 but I don't think you'll get the same results you can get with the mi. Especially at almost twice the cost.
These are my experiences though. It was my lack of love for my ff1 that got me into searching out the best portable convection vaporizer for my needs.

Tommy10

I never ever get my batteries to 3.7... Usually bellow 4.0 but just seem to find myself swapping them early, although I notice little extra heat time unless I am knowingly going lower than usual. Last night in the cloudy haze that is the Mi I managed to accidentally put an uncharged battery (might need a 4 bat charger soon, then it is either full or on charge, not full, on charge, or in the charger line). Went for another few stems, and really started to notice the pre heat time going up! Was still working well just need more pre heat and slower draw. Assuming I must have been at like 3.7 since it was full when I put it in... Put it in charge, and 3.55v!
I'm lazy, if an under charged battery will blow clouds I'll somehow end up doing it im sure, so charging early is no problem for me!

Also was really keen on a CFX for a session portable, but the Mi is working so good in sessions too! Most of my mates can use it pretty well once told to slow it down. Big loads will require stirring, but in a session that is not as bad vs when you just want you + vape. Tends to be a few instruments out in group settings so a stir is not so bad.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I never ever get my batteries to 3.7... Usually bellow 4.0 but just seem to find myself swapping them early, although I notice little extra heat time unless I am knowingly going lower than usual. Last night in the cloudy haze that is the Mi I managed to accidentally put an uncharged battery (might need a 4 bat charger soon, then it is either full or on charge, not full, on charge, or in the charger line). Went for another few stems, and really started to notice the pre heat time going up! Was still working well just need more pre heat and slower draw. Assuming I must have been at like 3.7 since it was full when I put it in... Put it in charge, and 3.55v!
I'm lazy, if an under charged battery will blow clouds I'll somehow end up doing it im sure, so charging early is no problem for me!

Also was really keen on a CFX for a session portable, but the Mi is working so good in sessions too! Most of my mates can use it pretty well once told to slow it down. Big loads will require stirring, but in a session that is not as bad vs when you just want you + vape. Tends to be a few instruments out in group settings so a stir is not so bad.

Yup either way, I prefer to get 4-6 bowls on my batteries. And yes! The instant pure convection capable of both on demand use and in sessions with zero constant cooking is one of the best things about these vapes for me, along with the vapor quality/purity ofcourse.
There are numerous pros and cons to glass stem vaping, but I happen to find the pros well worth the cons personally, much better experience overall vs other styles imo

Last edited:

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
For any who are on the fence about Milaana purchase. This is a great Entry level vape. The list of decent (let alone excellent) Vapes at the same price point is very short. Yes, I am a Zion Beta tester. That just means I was early to pre-order because I believed in the concept. That said I have no financial interest in the manufacturer. As a Z-team member, I am under NDA, so I will not comment on construction and processes. I will ,however, say that if you want to trust what China churns out after they see those pictures, good luck. I can just imagine the wide array of potentially dangerous materials that they can throw in there. Just because you can see it doesn't mean you know what goes into it. Make no mistake, what you see inside is no haphazard thing thrown together. It was well thought out by 2 engineers. :2c:

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Had a fantastic session with the Mi today. LG HG2 3000mah 20amp Battery. Basket screen about 1/3" from the tip. Nice load with a very thin layer of shatter right on top. I used a PWTA through a whip. You can watch the vapor in the tube and count second to keep from scorching or combusting pretty easily, especially with the oil on top ;). Tons of huge, cool hits of of this session. I like it a lot :whoa:

800F603F-718E-4507-9891-56F7F0CA8F5A_zpsfeekwols.jpg

murf2010

Had a fantastic session with the Mi today. LG HG2 3000mah 20amp Battery. Basket screen about 1/3" from the tip. Nice load with a very thin layer of shatter right on top. I used a PWTA through a whip. You can watch the vapor in the tube and count second to keep from scorching or combusting pretty easily, especially with the oil on top ;). Tons of huge, cool hits of of this session. I like it a lot :whoa:

800F603F-718E-4507-9891-56F7F0CA8F5A_zpsfeekwols.jpg

Driving and vaping???? Lol

murf2010,

Tommy10

Okay someone tell me if I'm being crazy, won't have the means to try till the weekend. But I have been a little upset with the VC neglect lately, because I have been using Mi so much but I still adore my VC (more love will come when I stop being tight and finally order a VONG). So I had a thought, silicone whip into air intake VC into silicone. VC through hammer, and through HA is awesome!
Only concern would be upward pressure on the female joint. Zoin with round intake hole, pump - HA - full bowl - whip - Zion - bag.... I can't wait for that experiment!

Tommy10,
Reactions: killick

killick

But I like it!
So the right amount of batteries is 3, and that is the right amount of batteries. One is always drained, one is always charged, and one is always ready. That way I can slap a condom on one (always wrap that rascal!) and have a hot one for running around town. I still need to give Zion No13 Baby a glass fix. She's been really neglected. She's just not as portable. Sorry sweetie, but you'll be back as soon as it stops raining!

One thing - I'm forgetting how to session vape. By the time <whateverVape> is up to temp I've already IO'd a couple of times and have moved on to something else. I need to start adding a sunset session into the routine. Mindfulness and all that hippie claptrap the OSI clinic keeps trying to cram down my throat. OK, so it's not so bad. I'm just crap at it :)

Edit - just smushed a screen into a double M and tried it through a Jhook - G'night Alice :zzz:

Tommy10

Usually hold it, till it feels like I shouldn't anymore and either draw quicker or start to feather it. Don't normally take the finger off the trigger for longer than 2 seconds at a time and usually don't hold it for the last few seconds of the draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom