Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Arrived, brand new and beautiful. It's already got 4 coats of beeswax / mineral oil sealant. Powerful as hell. Much more heat, faster. My oven in my first unit not as hot. I have to relearn my timing here, actually combusted last night. Gotta feather a bit, and can keep drawing after trigger release, if I can get it to that sweet spot first. I'm sure I'll adjust in a day or two.

More heat means more technique to harness the power within. Not for everyone. I realize now, all other Vapes have a *governor * built in (as do fire trucks), so as to prevent you from accessing all the power. Now it's your responsibility, and good fortune, to have this under your own control. Buyer beware, but once harnessed, holy fucking shit.
SHORT VIDEO

Recessed glass, better finish, fit. It's a beauty!
vPzLcoF.jpg

Last edited:

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
nice clouds @Bravesst ! What is that electric chirping you live with?
It's more like an electro-drummer...very rhythmatic

@Bravesst did it come in the leather bag?

Love it man, good song choice too.
Did this today with a friend. 3-4 stems back to back at night on back roads. Nothing like blowing clouds and getting nano stoned on the go
Everyone does liken the experience to an e-nano high :hmm:...

Makes me wish I had tried one earlier...but with it being only corded, it would be pretty hard to leave the house!

Back in the day when I had a box and whip vaporizer, I used to use a jump box for a battery to plug it in the front seat...good times.

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
My only vapes are the Mighty and the Milaana.

Mighty wins for things like: MUCH cooler vapor without water due to the cooling unit, 0 chance of combustion due to the built-in thermostat, easier to pack and take with you (no removable pieces like stems and batteries), bigger bowl if you are the type who likes to take a lot all at once, you can sip on the Mighty due to its half-conduction nature

Milaana wins for: heat-up time, which is instant. Also the ability to better micro-dose, my usage has gone WAAYYYYYY down since switching away from the Mighty. It also feels better to use a device that only utilizes wood and glass (and a bit of mica) instead of the plastic that the Mighty uses, though I'm not sure if that is a benefit or not in terms of health (probably just paranoia centered around a really hot oven sitting inside a plastic case). It is also way easier to clean (you just need to clean the stem instead of having to take apart the cooling unit)

I'd almost say it was apples and oranges, I truly enjoy my Milaana but the Mighty is dead simple and provides really cool vapor, the Milaana is just hot, no way around it for such a short vapor path. The Mighty is a session vape and is totally enjoyable when passed around, the Milaana requires more reloading and thus is better for 1-2 people max.

If I could only have one I don't really know how I'd answer the question. I might lean towards the Mighty because of the cool vapor, that's something I kinda miss about the Milaana. Will look into a water adapter soon...
Pulling cool from a Milaana is possible, just gotta get all the variables down.

Variables
Grind
Pack
Screen placement
Load size
Battery life
Button press, feather
Draw
Time between hits
Rotate
Stir

Goals
Effect
Taste
Clouds
Efficiency
Battery life
Ease of use
Cool vapor

@stickstones
It's a sound machine, white noise. Used it when I had tinnitus, long gone, but I forgot is was there. And my leather pouch, purchased on Amazon.

Update on MiMi
Neater oven, recessed glass = more heat volume, and more even heat. It heats up in 3 seconds. After 24 hours, I am getting the tamp, grind, pull, screen just right, never getting close to combustion. My last hit last night was out and out charring, already passed that, back to taste city. Can even pull after button release if I can time it perfectly.

Last edited:

murf2010

Arrived, brand new and beautiful. It's already got 4 coats of beeswax / mineral oil sealant. Powerful as hell. Much more heat, faster. My oven in my first unit not as hot. I have to relearn my timing here, actually combusted last night. Gotta feather a bit, and can keep drawing after trigger release, if I can get it to that sweet spot first. I'm sure I'll adjust in a day or two.

More heat means more technique to harness the power within. Not for everyone. I realize now, all other Vapes have a *governor * built in (as do fire trucks), so as to prevent you from accessing all the power. Now it's your responsibility, and good fortune, to have this under your own control. Buyer beware, but once harnessed, holy fucking shit.
SHORT VIDEO

Recessed glass, better finish, fit. It's a beauty!
vPzLcoF.jpg
Just received mine as well. Same story. I combusted within 6 seconds of holding button down! Wasn't pulling hard enough I realized.

One thing I realized is a more aggressive hit almost runs cooler due to leaving heat behind. Not usual for most vapes so this make it fun learning a new style. Still working on technique but I'm finding pull and press for three seconds let off for 1.5 and repeat a second time for a great mid temp hit. My unit hits so hard!

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Just received mine as well. Same story. I combusted within 6 seconds of holding button down! Wasn't pulling hard enough I realized.

One thing I realized is a more aggressive hit almost runs cooler due to leaving heat behind. Not usual for most vapes so this make it fun learning a new style. Still working on technique but I'm finding pull and press for three seconds let off for 1.5 and repeat a second time for a great mid temp hit. My unit hits so hard!
Freight train, nothing has ever come close in my experience in over 2 years, and more than 15 Vapes.

FC meet MiMi
aalFEzq.jpg

Last edited:

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Looks amazing but is that a real stem? It looks like it doesn't enter the unit. Can you take pics of this setup from different angles? And show how the stem looks out of the unit?
I thought the same thing, but if you look closely, you can see the 'Ed's TNT' carvedcarved in the middle...there is also an o-ring or something right at the top of the body...

Maybe a prototype or traveling stem?

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
Freight train, nothing has ever come close in my experience in over 2 years, and more than 15 Vapes.

FC meet MiMi
aalFEzq.jpg
DAMN son, that's a niiiice combo'.

FWIW my guess for the origin of your stem is.....LSV!

Love the shape by the way.

Copacetic,
Reactions: AJS

AJS

Calm Consistency

FC meet MiMi
aalFEzq.jpg
Looks so amazing, and glad it hits with more power!!!

Still no word back since I confirmed my address. I always like when I get an email back that my statements were understood, but nothin yet. Only a few days, so not too concerned.

Anyone get a tracking or a shipping update email with their rbt orders recently?

murf2010

Day 3: I love this thing. I'm working on my technique a lot. Always trying to tweak something and see what I prefer. So far I like a finer grind, half full chamber, (filled it pretty heavily and I think my herb got to hot but something wasn't comfy on my throat) 3 second preheat and a 5 second draw.

I got too medicated on my lunch break today...at home and gonna just take another hour off lol

AJS

Calm Consistency
97yREPw.jpg

Wz6YlJa.jpg

yJNRkGB.jpg

One of my favorite places to get away. I try to come here daily to read and vape. Surrounded by tons of wood, bamboo, and squirrels. Can't forget the squirrels.

anZsUeD.jpg

He's a cutie. Named him George :D

Hope you guys like the freshly, sparkly cleaned stem. After a few hits, I realize vapor is produced MUCH easier and faster with a fresh stem / basket.
Mine don't get clogged, because I scrape and blow, but I avoid cleaning because I don't want to take out my fiber. Decided to leave the fiber out after the clean to get back to the purest flavor and smoothest draw possible with this device. Which is almost the purest and smoothest of any device.

And fyi ... I vaped my fibers last night, one from the GonG, one from the Long, and one from the Short. The intensity is .. Extreme. I split em wth my roommate and we were both knocked out cold.
I met a friend for a few minutes and she's like "are you stoned? I never see you look stoned."
"Very ... Very" as I say with a grin wider than the horizon.

I was planning on just posting three pictures and leaving, but a few hits from Milaana redirected the post. Blame Mila. Most people control their vapes ... Mila controls me.

Still recommend the hair tie. Even if it's not used much anymore with my traveling technique, it adds a very ergonomic feel. It sits just above my hand, and it almost feels enclosed. I would realize instantly if I grabbed my unit and didn't have the comfort of the band just above my hand. Is that weird? Probably. I feel it adds a uniqueness to my unit too. That Milaana with that tan hair tie shall be famous!!

Wow ... Forgot how huge the airflow is without a massive resin filled blob of fiber blocking everything. Jeeze, I feel like I have a new vape.

Why is this post still going. Oops, sorry guys.

I'm not good with goodbyes :(

BadDog No

@murf2010 : That's pretty much the same formula I use although I let up off the button after 5 seconds and draw vapor for another several seconds. That's when I'm not using water. Still a little afraid of combusting with water so I use a much stronger draw but also hold the button for 10 seconds before releasing it. I'm also back to stuffing herb in any old way I want to with whole little nuggets or hand tear as well as grinding. The trick to avoiding combustion for me is to be very aware of your draw speed and timing while monitoring the heat. Don't usually consider myself a lightweight but "one and done" through a bubbler happens pretty often. OK for half an hour or so to be honest; this is almost too much fun to use and experiment with. No longer obsessing over the delivery date of my grasshopper...;)

AJS

Calm Consistency
@murf2010 : That's pretty much the same formula I use although I let up off the button after 5 seconds and draw vapor for another several seconds. That's when I'm not using water. Still a little afraid of combusting with water so I use a much stronger draw but also hold the button for 10 seconds before releasing it. I'm also back to stuffing herb in any old way I want to with whole little nuggets or hand tear as well as grinding. The trick to avoiding combustion for me is to be very aware of your draw speed and timing while monitoring the heat. Don't usually consider myself a lightweight but "one and done" through a bubbler happens pretty often. OK for half an hour or so to be honest; this is almost too much fun to use and experiment with. No longer obsessing over the delivery date of my grasshopper...;)
Don't fear the combustion, toy with it.
I always use a light to see how thick my rips are, and I can hold it WHITEWALLED for a solid 10 seconds without combustion.
With good herb and a right pack, the vapor is extremely volumous. You start to learn the temperature of vapor based off the thickness of the white. Pale white is low temp, heavy white is high temp. Maybe I'm crazy.

bounce5

97yREPw.jpg

Wz6YlJa.jpg

yJNRkGB.jpg

One of my favorite places to get away. I try to come here daily to read and vape. Surrounded by tons of wood, bamboo, and squirrels. Can't forget the squirrels.

anZsUeD.jpg

He's a cutie. Named him George :D

Hope you guys like the freshly, sparkly cleaned stem. After a few hits, I realize vapor is produced MUCH easier and faster with a fresh stem / basket.
Mine don't get clogged, because I scrape and blow, but I avoid cleaning because I don't want to take out my fiber. Decided to leave the fiber out after the clean to get back to the purest flavor and smoothest draw possible with this device. Which is almost the purest and smoothest of any device.

And fyi ... I vaped my fibers last night, one from the GonG, one from the Long, and one from the Short. The intensity is .. Extreme. I split em wth my roommate and we were both knocked out cold.
I met a friend for a few minutes and she's like "are you stoned? I never see you look stoned."
"Very ... Very" as I say with a grin wider than the horizon.

I was planning on just posting three pictures and leaving, but a few hits from Milaana redirected the post. Blame Mila. Most people control their vapes ... Mila controls me.

Still recommend the hair tie. Even if it's not used much anymore with my traveling technique, it adds a very ergonomic feel. It sits just above my hand, and it almost feels enclosed. I would realize instantly if I grabbed my unit and didn't have the comfort of the band just above my hand. Is that weird? Probably. I feel it adds a uniqueness to my unit too. That Milaana with that tan hair tie shall be famous!!

Wow ... Forgot how huge the airflow is without a massive resin filled blob of fiber blocking everything. Jeeze, I feel like I have a new vape.

Why is this post still going. Oops, sorry guys.

I'm not good with goodbyes :(

That hair tie is soo rank looking though. Get a nice clean one at least.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Don't fear the combustion, toy with it.
I always use a light to see how thick my rips are, and I can hold it WHITEWALLED for a solid 10 seconds without combustion.
With good herb and a right pack, the vapor is extremely volumous. You start to learn the temperature of vapor based off the thickness of the white. Pale white is low temp, heavy white is high temp. Maybe I'm crazy.
Exactly.... don't fear the power, harness it. Love the word #volumous# .... when you hit your sweet spot, taste will be top notch as well.

My sweet spot update with MiMi vs Mi
  • Dry herb with some heat (light bulb), shred well (medtainer)
  • Short stem
  • Screen stock style but pushed to within 3/8" from tip
  • Load and tamp (medium) to within an 1/8" of tip (1/8" matl.)
  • Preheat, press button about 3 seconds
  • Pull softly, sensing heat, riding the line before combustion
  • Feather button and or pull force
  • You can almost feel the heat lock in the stem
  • If enough heat accumulates, and timing is good, no charring, you can release and still draw volume and taste
  • Next hit needs no preheat if taken quickly

Last edited:

killick

But I like it!
@AJS Funny stuff - thanks for sharing the adventures! Every now and then I toss a wide elastic band (comes with asparagus locally) around Millie just for a bit of added traction when oot and aboot.

Great photos, and amazingly clean glass! I can't help but get twitchy seeing all that glass balanced atop a bit of wood, but the bamboo has a nice steadying influence :)

AJS

Calm Consistency
@AJS Funny stuff - thanks for sharing the adventures! Every now and then I toss a wide elastic band (comes with asparagus locally) around Millie just for a bit of added traction when oot and aboot.

Great photos, and amazingly clean glass! I can't help but get twitchy seeing all that glass balanced atop a bit of wood, but the bamboo has a nice steadying influence :)
How about wood balancing ontop of glass?? Hahaha
Clean glass all around!

ayJzpYD.jpg

c9r7iFm.jpg

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Looks so amazing, and glad it hits with more power!!!

Still no word back since I confirmed my address. I always like when I get an email back that my statements were understood, but nothin yet. Only a few days, so not too concerned.

Anyone get a tracking or a shipping update email with their rbt orders recently?
I got the confirmation adress e-mail a while ago (+3 weeks) and I still don't get anything for the moment (but I'm an international...).

Did you received(guys with a milaana) a shipping confirmation e-mail or is it still a "surprise"?

PPN,

hippogriff

Sure, it's probably an issue of user tolerance. I find the Mighty is equivalent to drawing in air, I don't feel anything until I breathe out and it's a giant cloud. The Milaana has some heat, I wouldn't call it harsh, but I was asked for a comparison between the Mighty and Milaana is all :)
I've used the Crafty Cooling Unit w a Grasshopper and a Firewood. W both you can take longer, bigger hits, it's fun, but there's so much cooling it's like you said, I don't feel much on the way in, and flavor is muted, too.

W Milaana I don't have a problem w the temp from the short stem, but my main use these days is dry thru a 7" OGB stem, great heat and flavor and enough feedback to drive well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom