Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy10

VG drops take a bit of the skill out of the Mi I find. Can press for less and still blow HUGE clouds, so don't have the problem of getting too greedy cloud chasing, but it also makes the load harder to combust with exsesive trigger time. Moved my screen back more and preferring it.

TheRobbo

Thanks. All my stems are glass so I couldn't figure this out and still feel pretty stupid about needing to ask/
From reading all these instructions it's pretty clear that I'm not using my milaana wrong. I just count to 5 and then inhale. It's not ideal but as long as it doesn't combust I'm ok. I use it daily. Mine is one of the very early ones and I'm glad I got it when it first came out. I was incapable of using the vapman and all these instructions would have kept me from buying a milaana because it would seem too complicated.. I'm more cautious than most of you because I don't know anyone else who is a failed vapman owner. Not criticizing the instructions- just a bit overwhelming for me.

Lol getting a bunch of stoners to explain something hard to explain :razz:
Really though I dont think its that complicated just really complicated to explain because how do you put in words how hard to pull.

I used to think of my unit like that until I found my thick shake method (go back to my last post if you missed it) and I used to heat for 5 and just inhale and thought this is ok but others seem to get more.
Now though! I'm like :bowdown: I'm not worthy
It really is all about drawing that heat into the load and making it stay there till vaporization starts then taking the bulk of the hit with the button released. Just inhaling forces the heat past the load too fast and you get a lot of hot air with a bit of vapor...

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Yes you need local vacuum to extract, I keep repeating that. So if you can't force your draw to be slow enough or if you don't want to, just tamp the shit out of your load. This will create the right amount of restriction to counter your draw speed.

Alternatively if you draw slowly already you might want to tamp less or you could risk combustion. That's why we get contradictory advices around here: it all depends what you call slow or not.

And in fact the "high suction" part in the instructions is pretty well chosen, it's not really a matter of speed. It's hard to explain, the speed is less important than having this constant flow (cf milkshake metaphor above) which creates the vacuum. Honestly I have troubles explaining it myself too...

PS: also all our advices about how much to grind are completely useless as I realize even those who grind/tear with their fingers end with large variations in what they call fine vs coarse. After seeing some other members pictures I'm not even sure my grind is that coarse, I just know I don't use any tool to do it that's all.

DocGonzo

To get the vacuum effect for best results, I draw in such a way that my cheeks suck inward, like a kissy face or sucking on a clogged straw. Kind of like doing a mouth pump, but instead of releasing the suction and pumping again, I hold the level of suction and start drawing with my lungs and diaphragm. It's hard to describe, but it works well. I have to hold for more like 8 to 10 seconds of preheat, but that method brought me around to using the dry stems, and they're seeing more use than my bubbler setup now.

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
Stunning.

And I forgot about your glass screen stems, still really want try one, I guess it's only for a deep bowl though, probably great for whole nugs... Also curious about the tophats, allows for a lot of experimentation along with the other stem style (and you have male to males with the screen now too?) and could make bowl smaller but different. Some day I hope to have them

Thanks for the props @Shit Snacks! I have to give credit to Nature Is Free Photography for the awesome shot.

420EDC Glass Stems and Tophats should be shipping out to others later this week. Rarely use the stainless steel screened stems around here these days. We are doing a small beta production run of screened 18mmMale:screen:18mmMale and 18mmMale:screen:14mmMale.

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
VG drops take a bit of the skill out of the Mi I find. Can press for less and still blow HUGE clouds, so don't have the problem of getting too greedy cloud chasing, but it also makes the load harder to combust with exsesive trigger time. Moved my screen back more and preferring it.

VG drops?

ZC

I don't understand how VG could make the Mi "easier". You're just getting bigger clouds because the VG is vaporizing, taking up space in your lungs that could be used to absorb more THC. Bigger clouds but possibly less effective?

I guess on the bright side your clouds will look more like ecig clouds so in a way that's more stealthy.

BadDog No

I don't understand how VG could make the Mi "easier". You're just getting bigger clouds because the VG is vaporizing, taking up space in your lungs that could be used to absorb more THC. Bigger clouds but possibly less effective?

I guess on the bright side your clouds will look more like ecig clouds so in a way that's more stealthy.
So no expert here, but I did watch a video where the explanation was that the VG allows you to run considerably higher temperatures without combusting; hence more clouds. Pretty sure it was by the inventor. I could look for it on youtube...

EDIT: Failure on my part. Maybe it was a link on the old RBT website...

Last edited:

Tommy10

Less thc per hit for sure, but if you're going to vape bowl after bowl out of compulsion I find the VG helps stretch the bowl out, with more satisfying hits. Can't tell the difference in high when done vaped bowl is a vaped bowl, but one might take 5 decent hits in a couple minutes and be spent, where as the other will give 20 + huge hits and take longer to vape through.

In the time it can take me to vape a bowl with a drop of VG I could have easily vaped 3 or 4 regular bowls. And if the micro dosing thread is anything to go off I won't be 4 bowls high, and even the Mi does not truely tickle my cloud chasing ambitions when comparing it to combustion. Figure it's a nice middle ground.

Majority of people where I'm from will mix 1gram with one Ciggy. For double the volume per gram (yuck right! But these are the facts) so same principle just with vaping instead of smoking.

One more thing to add have seen many threads here about other dry herbs to put in a bowl with weed in the same fashion, yet to find a herb that works in any satisfying way, but if you want muchhhh thicker hits and longer sessions while still enjoying the green drop of VG is the only thing I have found.

Last edited:

Tommy10

VG is cheap and easy to find, I think what rbt was selling was flavour infused VG drops?
Warning VG is only a part of e juice and it the most preferred for our purposes I find. Any e-juice will work, but the PG in them might make the first couple draws very harsh!

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Yes for noobs visual feedback is important, so I can understand the VG. But I re-programmed myself completely a while ago by vaping in the dark and using a flash light to realize how much vapor there is, even at very low temps. Who would suspect that there is so much when you see a faint wisp under day light?

It was really a revelation back then, and helped me quit the fixation about visible vapor exhale. Now who wants a strawberry chocolate ice cream?

Ws9DCBu.png

The Samsung 30Q has arrived, alongside a new HG2. Both from Fasttech and they look genuine (not that I recommend buying from them, as the cost savings were rather marginal and shipping slow: $5.84 for the 30Q + $6.85 for the HG2 + $2.53 extra lithium shipping costs = $15.22)

It's too early to comment but as I expected it works like the others, didn't feel any sag nor detect any suspiciously high shell temperature rise.

I hoped I could come with some measurements, like IR in particular, but I need a better setup: I couldn't get any meaningful data as the error rate was too high. Nonetheless, I think it's a good alternative to the LG HG2, it's worth trying.

ZC

Thanks for the clarification, that makes a lot of sense. It kinda changes your Mi to more of a session vape, and I can see how it would be ideal for cloud-chasing. Just not really my thing, but I can definitely understand where you're coming from.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I went thru a VG phase. I found a product called CBD drip - CBD plus VG. Clods bigger, sessions longer, but way less Mi signature taste. It makes things messier, gummier... less pure.

I also went thru a flashlight phase, cloud chasing. While satisfying and great to watch, I like the lights out idea, vape blind! I'm a taste & effect chaser now.

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
So no expert here, but I did watch a video where the explanation was that the VG allows you to run considerably higher temperatures without combusting; hence more clouds. Pretty sure it was by the inventor. I could look for it on youtube...

EDIT: Failure on my part. Maybe it was a link on the old RBT website...

The video you are referring to is in the Zion thread, page 166.

Also, on page 168 he does a video using 4 different Zions with the last one having fliwer drops added.

I did buy some and tried them out (strawberry flavour ) and it works, but i prefer straight herb as it tastes much better. Works really well if you add drops to cotton/hemp fibre when you vape reclaim. I haven't tested if it fully masks the smell for stealth usage in a bar, for example.

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
So i finally got around to pushing the battery as low as it would go. Unfortunately I didn't count sessions, but know it was at least 7, but likely a few more.

The last session still produced vapour but i could only get the load a very light brown, and this was using very looooong sloooow draws. I am talking mflb type long slow sustained draws after 5-10 second preheats. And this is well into the session too. Maybe a 20 second preheat might have upped the temp but i couldn't be bothered, plus effects were still there so...

Anyway, the battery was at 3v and the charger put a touch over 3000 mah into the battery (brown lg) after this episode, so it was pretty low.

Edit- the lowest i have gotten the battery previously was 3.6v, so this was pretty extreme by my usage standards.

b0

Cloudy...
Milaana landed!! Just my busiest day of the week, so testing gonna have to wait a couple hours and has to be a light one until night.

This thing looks beautiful!! And as always planetvape added some munchies in the package :rockon:

Edit:

First bowl down and damn! Never tried a portable before with a draw so open, in fact never tried any vape like this :haw:

Tried first hits with a green Samsung 25R and then swapped to the brown LG GH2 that PV sent. I think the 25R heats faster, but need more testing on that. Also bought 2 VTC-5 that should be in Edinburgh when I go back after holidays, seems like this are the ones people like more, right?

Just tried a small layer of flowers, enough to cover the stock short screen. Didn't move the screen from its place, scs 4 piece grind (fluffy) lightly tamp. Vapor is hot but controlling the drawing and feathering the button help, it isn't as harsh as it was with my GH and I'm not having any issues with my throat/lungs like I had with that unit. Needed to stir but it wasn't too bad, so I think that with a bit of use I won't need stirring at all or maybe once or twice if I do a big bowl. Not as much as with my FF2, that's for sure.

So far pretty happy to have bought this unit and I only had one noobish bowl. Can't wait for this night when the real testing beggins :freak:

Edit 2:

I lied guys, even to myself :mental: couldn't wait for night, had to try it through water... So picked the PVFS m2m adapter from PV and a small bubbler I had around atm and damn! This vape it's amazing!

It's exactly what I was hoping it to be and even more!

Only concern, the unit is a bit warm on the outside after the testing. Not hot and doesn't feel like I should be worried but just wanted to ask if it's normal. Also I'm in the south of spain between 35-40 degrees so that doesn't help cooling it down :disgust:

Took the battery out just in case, I know heat is bad for them.

Any tips on taking care of the wood? First wood vape apart from my MFLB and will like to keep this beauty "healthy" :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom