Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTAVaper

Thanks for the pics and vids. Shit Snacks, IAmKrazy2......looking forward to seeing it through water.

Vid quality great when focused on table but light from window saturates the sensor during the draw......I've done this myself quite a few times.....even with my Lumia 1020.....and you never realize until afterwards what exactly happened. Definitely looking forward to seeing it go through water and getting thoughts from the both of you on usage, battery life (no. bowls) and just general impressions.....especially in comparison to the Zion.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
9axLeQT.jpg

Won't see any videos from me, sorry. Not personally a concern of mine for new vapes so much, I just do written reports (along with the shitty photos) Anyway its great with the pnwt!

Number of bowls on these RBT LGs seems like 4-6 I'd say, depending on all the useage variables. Also need more testing still for sure, need to be scientific...

General impressions is its got the same signature, takes just a bit more getting to know, but it's very ergonomic and intuitive so far, efficient and effective, but most of all extremely simple

Back to testing :science:

GTAVaper

Beautiful looking vape.....the only drawback aesthetics-wise would be the filter on the top......I really wish that it had a SS screen cover to cap the filter material......it would look a lot nicer and also might help prevent the filter material from being pulled out of the intake chamber?

I'm really looking forward to having this one arrive!

P.S. Photos look OK to me ......also very informative with the multiple comparisons and shots with other vape attachments

Shit Snacks

Beautiful looking vape.....the only drawback aesthetics-wise would be the filter on the top......I really wish that it had a SS screen cover to cap the filter material......it would look a lot nicer and also might help prevent the filter material from being pulled out of the intake chamber?

I'm really looking forward to having this one arrive!

P.S. Photos look OK to me ......also very informative with the multiple comparisons and shots with other vape attachments

The air inlet is deep enough that that is not an issue, it is pretty unobtrusive. I was skeptical of the filter but it seems perfectly fine and ignorable for most part, fairly flush

Shit Snacks

That 18 to 14 Gong going stem is sweet! Is that going to be an option?
I want one!:evil:
Thanks for the sweet pics @Shit Snacks!

Sorry no, I believe there will be a shorty plain glass stem like @MrPeanut has, but no actual GonG stems etc i guess til RBT makes some money unfortunately... So yeah it's custom aftermarket from another member, actually a cut iso stem so not perfect but gets the job done. I too want official RBT us jointed stems for Zion and Milaana, hopefully some day soon

Also regarding battery life, did a more scientific test with only shallow basket screen full loads, some shared, some via pnwt or even hydratree, varying strains/blends but similar packs, and got six bowls no problem, battery is at 3.65v and they seem to start at like 4.19v fully charged. Could probably go lower but then I'd probably have to preheat more unless it was really heatsoaked... I think six bowls per battery is very respectable though personally

Last edited:

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
6 bowls per battery is MORE than enough for me (lightweight).

I'm pretty sure that it will keep me in my 'happy place' for a full day :D

Since I didn't make the cutoff for the Zion, I'm going to save up for an Ed's exotic Milaana to compliment the one I've already ordered (I know, exotic is not fully confirmed yet, but I can live in hope right?)

Re' the air filter, Maybe we could make a small basket screen that just fits inside the air-flow inlet (dowel/hole/flat ss screen/hammer/bang/PRESTO, well, maybe some scissor trimming then PRESTO)
The stainless mesh could be stored under this (cup down).
Might improve the look a little?
Not that it particularly bothers me, but I can see where folk are coming from.

The 'dent' for the battery contact is the least pleasing aspect for me, but that's easily fixed if it bothers me, and probably won't.

I've wanted a log for a long time, but despite the beauty of many of the ones on display here in FC, I've been put off by the need for a cable (I hate being tethered, unless it's by headphones, I can forgive them as I'm a complete HF freak :freak:), and the need to leave them on all the time (or endure a long warm-up).
The 'loose fit' of most log mouth pieces compared to GONG fittings also makes me 'meh', don't know why.
The Milaana seems to solve ALL my gripes re' logs, so I'm stoked to hear that it performs so well.
Thanks for posting those reports guys :tup:

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I know everyone is patiently waiting. It isn't easy but IMO you will all be happy with this product once delivered. So much damn power in such a small package. Looks amazing on a bong due to its small size. I want to strap it to my belt like my pager/beeper i had in the 90's. Page me.

Pure instant convection. Quick as hell. Maybe 3 seconds with ground dry material on a cold start fresh battery.

My complaints? Stem system as many know is not my favorite delivery method. Both the Zi and Ma are great despite this IMO. I recommend a smell proof pop top plastic case. Like the VapCap. This would IMO make the stem system much improved for travel and stealth. Durability too. Ed stem will help here also.

My only other critisizim with the device would be the inconsistency in power as the battery drains. This is due to the unregulated nature, and is what will keep the eventual pricepoint at around half the Zion IMO. The simplicity also means less to go wrong. It is genius in its simplicity.

Unregulated devices with this much power won't be for everyone, but taming it is not very difficult at all. In fact, probably just as easy as the Zion. Avoiding overheating is simple, but really the only user error that one can have is overheating material. It certainly doesn't require "perfect technique" like many other portables. You won't have to search the forums for tips on getting big hits, how to clean the device, complaints about over priced underpowered proprietary batteries, ect.

Planning on shooting a HD Review middle of next week but the verdict is looking good. IMO it is wise to get one of these now even if you have to wait a while. I feel it will command a much higher price once word is out and there are hundreds of blown away (and blown out) customers.

Cheers. Don't lose faith.

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Edited

I like to change the battery after the third load. You could probably easily vape 5 loads on a single battery. Maybe more. But you do notice the slight drop in punch as each hit and bowl progresses. You just need to adjust trigger time, we aren't talking about whispy vapor. Just consistency in speed.

Unit is Approx 3.5 in x 2.5 in x 1.5 in. Approx.

Bought this for my stems. Hope it helps.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=121618348480&alt=web

Last edited:

MrPeanut

Zion, stealing faces since 2015
Spent the evening in the lab with RBT and picked up my Milaana beta which is the same as what everyone else is getting now. I retained my alpha unit just because it rocks and I would miss it. My new girl is Moe. Moe the Milaana. She has some really pretty grain in the wood. Moe is a tad shorter and tad wider than the alpha unit was. I will try and get a few pictures for comparison at some point. I like the change in location of the air intake. With my alpha unit the air intakes often were smothered my my giant hands and made an annoying whistling sound lol. The intake mesh filter works well and does not look out of place. Easily replaceable too. The negative copper terminal is now flush compared to my alpha and looks much more pleasing.

I am still using a very short stem and loving it. It is 1.5 inches from end to end. @Ed's TnT I got to try the stem you sent Ryan. Beautiful piece of weed. It compliments Zion and Milaana both well. It added a nice texture to the RBT heater's vapor signature. If I had the option that is all I would use with Moe. I am hoping @RastaBuddhaTao will talk you into making a few short 1.5" stems with a little bit larger diameter air path and a little larger diameter to give it a nice solid seat in the heater joint. From what I have seen of your work, whatever you guys come up with will be awesome.

I get 4-5 stems per charge before I get frustrated with the slight decline in speed and heat but could push it further if I wanted to.

*****I want to remind everyone that this thing is a powerhouse and it is fast. YOU HAVE TO LET OFF THE BUTTON. If you do not pay attention YOU WILL SCORCH YOUR LOAD.

I find if you start pressing the power button when you start to inhale then hold the power for a few seconds until you feel the vapor, let off, continue inhaling riding out the residual heat, give a couple quick taps to the power button while still inhaling and finish off riding out the residual heat. It becomes second nature after a few uses. It is like your brain and senses replace all the bells and whistles of complicated high tech vapes. Modulating this way allows you to really push the number of stems you can get.

There really is not much more to say about Moe. My Zion Evangeline looks pretty on the bookshelf.

It is going to be 70 deg F here in the Adirondacks so RBT, Moe and I will be taking Moe on her first and last trips out on the frozen lakes of the NY high-country as the ice season sadly comes to an early end. Next stop for Mr. Peanut is plowing fields, getting the bird incubators going and the rest of the farm ready for this early spring we are having here. Moe will be by my side way more than Evangeline or her predecessors were.
Two batteries, 3 or 4 gr. of flowers with Moe and I am good in the field from dawn to dusk.

Shit Snacks

I am still using a very short stem and loving it. It is 1.5 inches from end to end. @Ed's TnT I got to try the stem you sent Ryan. Beautiful piece of weed. It compliments Zion and Milaana both well. It added a nice texture to the RBT heater's vapor signature. If I had the option that is all I would use with Moe. I am hoping @RastaBuddhaTao will talk you into making a few short 1.5" stems with a little bit larger diameter air path and a little larger diameter to give it a nice solid seat in the heater joint. From what I have seen of your work, whatever you guys come up with will be awesome.

I actually just spoke with Ed and we are going to test a very short stem for Milaana (we also talked perfecting the standard Zion wood stem you tried, which also works with Milaana ofcourse but is closer to 4inches total length so it fits in Zion stored away). This Milaana stem will essentially be a short 18-18mm male to male adapter, leaving a nice wide airflow with a short 18mm mouthpiece for super stealth and durability out and about, along with easy water connection when at home. Will let you all know how it works when I receive it...

Agreed, 4-6 bowls overall depending on useage, very respectable for a simple portable powerhouse like this. And two batteries gets you in Zion territory, though likely just a bit under since Zion is also regulated of course.

And yeah my Little Lana (LAANAAAAAAAAA) got me through the weekend with no problem, two friends used it with success too, but confirmed its steeper learning curve than Zion. No scorch issues, so taming it as is doesn't seem to be an issue at all. I think it could probably be tuned just ever so slightly hotter so the final bowls require less work, and it will be even faster with a fresh battery, so will need to be careful as MrP said. Right now she is very easy to tame though, so based on my early experience with friends, maybe just a slight boost will also make her easier to coax up as the battery weakens, essentially just making her faster overall to deliver lungbusting (yet somehow still smooth) clouds with a fast draw.

Seems like the filter won't need to be changed much at all to me, and nice assurance that nothing can get sucked in to the heater. Airflow is still nice and open with no draw restriction, heating of the load still nice and even regardless of stirring (can get you more dense hits and better taste later on, but still not so necessary here), surpisingly this may work better than hole at the bottom somehow, certainly easier to keep clear at all times, don't need to worry about accidentally covering it during a hit.

So yeah I love Zion as most know, but mine may need to be relegated to home use now, I'm trying to only use Milaana for a bit to test, and despite her own limitations she is keeping up fairly well even at home. She may be all I need on the big roadtrip ahead of me, still debating if I should just pack up Zions until I'm in Cali and rely on Milaana with 4 batts for the whole way (ok Lily may come too as an alternate for pitstops)... Would definitely make things simpler, Milaana's specialty really, probably says a lot that I am already feeling like it can shoulder the burden that Zion carries so easily for me

OyVape

Spent the evening in the lab with RBT and picked up my Milaana beta which is the same as what everyone else is getting now. I retained my alpha unit just because it rocks and I would miss it. My new girl is Moe. Moe the Milaana. She has some really pretty grain in the wood. Moe is a tad shorter and tad wider than the alpha unit was. I will try and get a few pictures for comparison at some point. I like the change in location of the air intake. With my alpha unit the air intakes often were smothered my my giant hands and made an annoying whistling sound lol. The intake mesh filter works well and does not look out of place. Easily replaceable too. The negative copper terminal is now flush compared to my alpha and looks much more pleasing.

I get 4-5 stems per charge before I get frustrated with the slight decline in speed and heat but could push it further if I wanted to.

*****I want to remind everyone that this thing is a powerhouse and it is fast. YOU HAVE TO LET OFF THE BUTTON. If you do not pay attention YOU WILL SCORCH YOUR LOAD.

I find if you start pressing the power button when you start to inhale then hold the power for a few seconds until you feel the vapor, let off, continue inhaling riding out the residual heat, give a couple quick taps to the power button while still inhaling and finish off riding out the residual heat. It becomes second nature after a few uses. It is like your brain and senses replace all the bells and whistles of complicated high tech vapes. Modulating this way allows you to really push the number of stems you can get.

There really is not much more to say about Moe. My Zion Evangeline looks pretty on the bookshelf.

It is going to be 70 deg F here in the Adirondacks so RBT, Moe and I will be taking Moe on her first and last trips out on the frozen lakes of the NY high-country as the ice season sadly comes to an early end. Next stop for Mr. Peanut is plowing fields, getting the bird incubators going and the rest of the farm ready for this early spring we are having here. Moe will be by my side way more than Evangeline or her predecessors were.
Two batteries, 3 or 4 gr. of flowers with Moe and I am good in the field from dawn to dusk.

Moe? Moe??? Since when is Moe a girl's name? And why does it have to be a girl anyway? And what about Curly and Larry, huh?

AJS

Calm Consistency
Couldn't find much on people attempting to do low-temp hits with their units. Sometimes when I'm outside vaping (as the Milaana is for), I prefer a joint-like session, slow and laid back. If the Milaana sorta forces you to take it fast, without being able to get some nice hefty low-temp hits, it might be a bit of a disappointment.
I'm aware of the unregulation, but I can definitely get my MFLB to perform on lower temps if I wish. Can you feather the button to keep it at a steady lower temp, or is it mostly constant spikes of higher temp, so you aren't actually getting low temp CBDs. Any ideas from thinkers/current owners?

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I know with my Zion if I have the power turned up I can still get low temp hits by just tapping or feathering the power button rather than holding it down, so I imaging Milaana will be just as capable of getting flavor hits as Zion. You just won't be able to set it specifically at low temp. You'll get that temp by feathering the button.

AJS

Calm Consistency
I know with my Zion if I have the power turned up I can still get low temp hits by just tapping or feathering the power button rather than holding it down, so I imaging Milaana will be just as capable of getting flavor hits as Zion. You just won't be able to set it specifically at low temp. You'll get that temp by feathering the button.
understood. thanks

Shit Snacks

I am doing it with zero feathering somehow, like natural temp stepping. It's how long you hold the button too, how you draw and pack, i love low temp vaping so trust me it's intuitive. I am not missing my tasty terps one bit here...

Last edited:

MrPeanut

Zion, stealing faces since 2015
Moe? Moe??? Since when is Moe a girl's name? And why does it have to be a girl anyway? And what about Curly and Larry, huh?
Nothing says they have to be female names. My alpha units name is Killer and.... I knew a really, REALLY kind, heady chick named Moe back on tour in the 90's ;)

Edit:

@AJS
Extra, extra, read all about it: Concentrates are a go in Milaana on a fresh set of batteries!!!

***Note*** Milaana is powerful. Though I have not combusted not even 10% combusted. I have charred a few loads and it happens fast. Once you get familiar with the speed of the heat on a fresh battery it becomes intuition. I can get tiny wispy terp hits with just a quick flash of the button. I can kill a stem in two hits and like I said concentrates go up in a flash.

If you missed out on a Zion purchase I would jump on board with Milaana.

I would also note that you can get some really nice terp hits if you start your hit full throttle, let off the heat and coast through the rest of the hit on the residual heat build up.

This vape is every bit as versatile as Zion but instead of a chip regulating it you have to use the grey matter supercomputer between your ears and your sensory perception to make the adjustments instead of a dial. Feather also works well to extend a ripper hit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom