Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTAVaper

I guess it got lost in the "tl;dr" noise of my prior post that was written while I was very well "vaked" :tinfoil: ......sorry about that guys ;)

But I was just wondering;

1. What stem length glass will come with this unit?

2. What the price of a replacement stem might be? Just so that I can order it with it, or choose other longer stems for home use. I ask this only because there are only two stems currently listed on RBT's store but these are without actual reference to stem length (2",3",4",5")and I suspect that they only apply to the Zion stem that fits in the compartment as well as the longer stem that doesn't.

3. Whether a battery is included with the Milaana package......and whether the Zion/Milaana batteries are the "flat top" - buttonless versions

4. Whether RBT will contact me prior to shipping the Milaana so that I might add some additional accessories to my order after the Milaana store page has been updated to specify what will be included, i.e, battery or no battery, glass stems and size, number of extra screens and hopefully there will be an option to add some of Ed's TNT stems or wongs.

5. Also, how can I add to my current order without having to place another order? After showing the available Milaana pics to a friend - she was like "Oh, that is way too cute"......so another Milaana might be handy for that very special "foursome" I am envisioning
:brow:

Note: I sort of found "an answer" in the FAQ on the website but not really on how to add to my current order now rather than just before it ships, especially since I would want to add my additional Milaana purchase in time to ensure that it doesn't get sold out before my shipping time comes up, my shipping confirmation doesn't come up after April 1st when they will no longer available for sale from RBT's store, or that I wouldn't have to wait a lot longer for this additional purchase before my full order would ship since I'd then be much further back in line - and also don't know that if with a Milaana purchase that I would be considered a "Lifetime Customer" as specified in the FAQ quoted below.

Quoted from RBT FAQ

"How do I change my order?

We will contact all Lifetime customers prior to shipment to ensure that they have everything that they need."

Also just two more questions directed at Mr. Peanut.......or anyone else in possession of both a Zion and a Milaana.

1. Can the Milaana produce exactly the same vapour quality as the Zion?

2. If you had to choose just one to keep and had to give up the other. Would the portability of the Milaana win out over the regulated and longer battery life of the Zion? Or, vice-versa?

P.S. I guess that post was longer than intended but this time I left out the part about not getting a chance to order the Zion before it went up in price in October just because I followed the rules and sent in a query rather than just checking out. D'Oh.....I guess I didn't skip that part after all ;)......but in all seriousness, I think that the Milaana is probably a better fit for me anyways - so no more hard feelings because stumbling onto the Zion thread at the end of September has probably saved me some money that I would have parted with had I known about the Zion sooner......but this is also at the cost of some regret......which I will help myself get over through the purchase of my Milaana :) and using that sexy little vape for my "face melting" experiences.

However, I'd be very tempted to pick one up if RBT ever offered to sell me one at the price that was in effect at the time of my international shipping inquiry and then just ship it to Canada along with my (potentially) two Milaana's :drool: since he is shipping a package to Canada anyways - even if I had to wait a bit so that they could all ship together.

Ok......now I'll shut up and stop whining :rant:about my missed Zion opportunity :(

But I guess that my own experience might also be a lesson for anyone in the USA who is still sitting on the fence right now in deciding whether to grab a Zion before the end of the month ......you don't want to find yourself crying into your flowers over missed opportunities like me - although those tears might help prevent you from combusting your load - silver linings :lol:

Last edited:
GTAVaper,
Reactions: KeroZen

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Here we have it, these are just a tad under 4"L and should work out very well or least I hope so! Get me those Pm's guys!

Zion%20Stems%20-%20Eds%20TnT_zpsj3vmbbjd.png
These really do look quite nice. I have never purchased from you before and am looking forward to it. Do your stems have glass inserts or are they all wood? If all wood, do they clean up well? I would think ISO would damage the wood over time...

Edit: Damn, I just noticed how cool your pic is with no background. Click on it and it's like 3D!!!

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
These really do look quite nice. I have never purchased from you before and am looking forward to it. Do your stems have glass inserts or are they all wood? If all wood, do they clean up well? I would think ISO would damage the wood over time...

All wood, gonna be interesting to see how it works with the Zion and its glass bowl...

Didn't Ryan mention using some organic hemp for that filter in question at some point? My memories are a bit hazy... :)

Yeah last I heard he was switching to steel mesh so as not to risk any fibers getting sucked into the heater and burning up. I am very curious about the filter personally, how it needs to be maintained, and is different from Zion.

@GTAVaper lol yes way too much lament, but also yes you will be contacted before shipment, and we don't yet know exactly what comes with it plain and simple. We'll see soon enough

GTAVaper

Thanks Shit Snacks......I think I remember something about adding to orders .......just have to find the post but I think that RBT said to just not to choose a country and that it would be added onto the existing order.....there might have been further instructions as well.....guess I'm going to have to do a search through the thread on that one

???......unless I am recalling instructions from my recent read through of another wooden bodied convection vape thread that I recently came across......and which you helped with naming :tup:

I've been doing too much reading (and writing ;)) whilst being too "vaked" I think.....speaking of which.....time to :tinfoil:

Last edited:

killick

But I like it!
I'm adding 2 more to the one on order already. I don't wanna bug anyone at RBTHQ, so if anyone discovers the proper way to add to an existing order please do share.

I might have my first warranty claim! A battery door magnet came loose, and I lost a set of batteries. 'Lifetime' covers lost batteries, right?

For some wierd reason the keyboard solo from Edger Winters 'Frankenstein' is going through my head as I pack another stem. I'm also reminded that I have 3 absolutely filthy stems due for a cleaning. It's actually kinda fun watching them get darker and darker.

Never mind - now it's the drum track from British Steel Live, 30 year retrospective.

It's all good :)

hippogriff

Request for the Z-Team: pictures showing relative size.

There's one pic w/ a bic and one in-hand on Twitter, but I can't get a sense of size (3.5"x2.5"X1.25"?), it's both small and chunky. So when you're reporting here, plz include standard stuff like soda cans and quarters (and Zions!) in the pictures.

To get the idea of slimming the Milaana down out of my head:

7BLLlIG.jpg

I'm sure the bigger radius on one side will sit nice as designed, but I was curious how much material I could reasonably trim.

Last edited by a moderator:
all I can say is get ready to shell out some $'s yall, I am up for the work if you alls pockets run that deep

Spoken like a true carpenter!.

The updates are all really exciting. I'm not liking the vent hole, I really hope there's a more refined solution to the filter than just shoving in steel wool or hemp fibers ect. I'd really like to see a fitted screen or something along those lines.

The partnership with Ed was a surprise, though its an obvious natural fit. The options this presents down the line has my head spinning... Stoked to see all this progress!!

I've got a question pertaining to batteries, I'm an 18650 noob so bare with me. Would/Does 3.2v 18650's simply not have the juice to provide power or simply last less? I only ask because I'm looking at another unit that uses 3.2's and im curious whether grabbing a few extra would be of use when milaana comes along.

MrPeanut

Zion, stealing faces since 2015
Extra, extra, read all about it: Concentrates are a go in Milaana on a fresh set of batteries!!!

My Zion Evangeline has been idle since my Milaana arrived.

I really, really prefer the short stem RBT made for me. It is about 1.5 inches or 6mm from end to end. I have not noticed any change in quality or heat in the hit compared to Zion. I really hope at some point I can get a shorty wood stem from @Ed's TnT . I think wood will make it the perfect out and about vape.

I was in the lab the other night and checked out the production style body and it is pretty slick! RBT did tell me that he is going to use stainless for the inlet screen. It looks to be very simple to clean or change.

I really do not know what more I can say about this vape. Read the Zion thread. Subtract a power dial, a bunch of wood, electronics and and a battery and you get Milaana with the same vapor.....

The key here is you have to use your brain and sensory perception to modulate (milaana) the power. If you are looking for a vape with lights, dials, circuits, sensors or other nonsense this is not the vape for you.

If you are looking for an affordable vape that can rip your face off or nurse a load, fit in your hand/pocket and have great battery life Milaana is for you.

***Note*** Milaana is powerful. Though I have not combusted not even 10% combusted. I have charred a few loads and it happens fast. Once you get familiar with the speed of the heat on a fresh battery it becomes intuition. I can get tiny wispy terp hits with just a quick flash of the button. I can kill a stem in two hits and like I said concentrates go up in a flash.

If you missed out on a Zion purchase I would jump on board with Milaana.

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Extra, extra, read all about it: Concentrates are a go in Milaana on a fresh set of batteries!!!

I really, really prefer the short stem RBT made for me. It is about 1.5 inches or 6mm from end to end. I have not noticed any change in quality or heat in the hit compared to Zion. I really hope at some point I can get a shorty wood stem from @Ed's TnT . I think wood will make it the perfect out and about vape.

I was in the lab the other night and checked out the production style body and it is pretty slick! RBT did tell me that he is going to use stainless for the inlet screen. It looks to be very simple to clean or change.

I really do not know what more I can say about this vape. Read the Zion thread. Subtract a power dial, a bunch of wood, electronics and and a battery and you get Milaana with the same vapor.....

The key here is you have to use your brain and sensory perception to modulate (milaana) the power. If you are looking for a vape with lights, dials, circuits, sensors or other nonsense this is not the vape for you.

If you are looking for an affordable vape that can rip your face off or nurse a load, fit in your hand/pocket and have great battery life Milaana is for you.

***Note*** Milaana is powerful. Though I have not combusted not even 10% combusted. I have charred a few loads and it happens fast. Once you get familiar with the speed of the heat on a fresh battery it becomes intuition. I can get tiny wispy terp hits with just a quick flash of the button. I can kill a stem in two hits and like I said concentrates go up in a flash.

If you missed out on a Zion purchase I would jump on board with Milaana.

Mr Peanut got me really excited. Would be great with a 18mm glass hookup too!

TheRobbo

I was looking at the RBT twitter pictures and saw this

Dont know if it will work I am using my phone and always struggle!
The picture is a pile of 2 different sized screens! What with all the questions about what the intake screen will look like I wonder if anyone else will put 2 and 2 together and make the same assumption I did? Who wants to make a bet where the smaller size screen is gonna go?

Awe shit I tried twice and still can't get it right... Copy picture adress and paste in insert picture box? I think its cause I'm on my phone and can only get a link to the picture not the actual picture adress... so here is the linky for any one who still cares
https://mobile.twitter.com/RastaBuddhaTao/status/703187345936265216/photo/1

Last edited:
TheRobbo,
Reactions: Derrrpp

GTAVaper

Mr. Peanut's report has made me very happy!

I'm really looking forward to this one arriving.......I am hoping that different stem options - both glass and Ed's - are available prior to the Milaana shipping so that I could get extra stems both glass for indoor usage and wood for the outdoors.

I don't know if this has been answered already.......but I was wondering how many bowls can be vaped on one 18650 before it is time to switch out? From an extrapolation from the Zion reports I am guessing about 4-5 but this might actually be 3-4 if the unregulated voltage drops too quickly.

I am sure that lots of feedback and info will be rolling in from the Z-team beta testers over the next couple of weeks and I am really looking forward to hearing all about how the Beta team feels about it - especially in comparison to the Zion.

I am guessing that once this vape is released that we will see some aftermarket love for it from people like Ratchett. I would love to see a leather custom made case for this vape that will hold the vape, stem, stash tube & extra battery - maybe even sort of cell phone case style so that you can slide your belt through a leather loop and carry it on your hip.

Vape Dr.

I agree with you 1,000,000% on the green glass @hippogriff!:tup:

I already have @Snappo looking for the darkest piece of black wood he can possibly find as I type this!:D

I want to be ready for a black Milaana with green glass for when RBT decides to make custom units!:rockon:

I'm also hoping for a matching black wood with green glass Zion to keep it company!:love:

I'm so glad @Ed's TnT is working with RBT! Now the possibilities are endless!!!:nod:

It would be nice to get LEDs in custom units, imagine the green glass lighting up!:brow:

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
Now the possibilities are endless!!!:nod:

I think I may have posted one or two ideas, here and the TOD thread. Seems an age ago that I posted some of these fotos. Possibilities for if/when a kit form is released.
Glass
zdJZHGKm.jpg
MuwGatXm.jpg

Different forms I know how much @RastaBuddhaTao likes his steampunk stuff. Ignore any Oled's and fancy button. Just examples of where the single could be taken. Last one's for @killick
KFUOkvUm.jpg
QEEpRC4m.jpg
1WbYRm7m.jpg

Last edited:

anasrzi

Both these quotes make me so happy I've taken the plunge and preordered. First off if the mighty Zion is being left idle on the shelf because of the sheer power and compact size it really speaks volumes. Secondly I love the fact you can nurse a load of blast yourself off into inner space when ever you please, add to this Ed is onboard for the wooden bodies it's looking more and more like a very worth while investment. Glad I preordered it over grabbing a GH, the GH is great by all accounts but at double the price and a long wait think I made the better choice :tup:

Edric al-Fali

I did it. I ordered one. Now I have two Zions I am impatiently waiting for. ...at least until the TOD goes back on sale, then it will probably be three. My plan is that at least one of these will convince certain people to quit smoking.

I still have to sit down and sift through this thread before I ask any other questions, but I got sick of seeing that "On Sale" tag and doing nothing about it.

My only concern at the moment is with regards to my original Zion order and the confirmation and ability to change stuff on my order. I had planned on changing out the i2 on my original order with the D2 charger. Since I just ordered the Milaana, I added the D2 along with some extra batteries. Should I just wait for whichever order/shipping confirmation comes first or can I use the refund option for chargers?

Edit: a quick search of the thread shows no results on keywords like "safe" and "unregulated."
With regards to the FAQ, unregulated is meaning that there is no power control like in the Zion. Is this all that it means or is there also no low voltage cutoff or safety features?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom