Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
With regards to the FAQ, unregulated is meaning that there is no power control like in the Zion. Is this all that it means or is there also no low voltage cutoff or safety features?

My understanding is that the Milaana is completely unregulated with no low voltage cut-off, but that it stops producing vapor before the battery gets low enough to be a problem.

I think it's just a battery, a button, a space-age heater, and a sexy hunk o wood.

hippogriff

So have we now seen the FINAL form of the Milaana as shown in most recent images? Or are there going to be further design changes to say....the battery terminal on top of the box, or vent hole positioning, etc?
Likely yes, at least for the first 50 (hey I think I'm in there! Sweet) as machining is being completed on blanks w positioning already set (see Twitter). We haven't seen the production filter for the air vent yet.

After the first 50, production of the wood bodies moves to Eds TnT, so things could still change. First 50!

MrPeanut

Zion, stealing faces since 2015
The first beta testers are just starting to get their units (if they even have yet, I know some where waiting for the postman). I am guessing this is pretty darn tootin' close to the final but you never know what the beta testers will find. I am sure he will give a little more information with this weekends update.

Vape Dr.

Did you guys get any email conformations when you ordered?
I ordered a Zion and a Milaana last month, I know the payment went through but I never got any kind of conformation of payment or any reply back at all.
This normal? These guys are working 25 hour days I'm sure, just curious if others got a confirmation.

Edric al-Fali

So is the intent of the final product to be unregulated? I would assume still, that the worst I have to worry about is killing a battery for good and not exploding it. As in I am at just as much risk with a regulated Zion or brand X vaporizer.
Whenever I get whatever I get, my intent is still the same. I want something I can share with people who haven't been convinced that they don't have to smoke their crusty metal bowls. I swear that taste of ammonia only gets worse.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Looks like 4 lucky testers will get their units very soon...we might see videos as soon as next week on the improved Milaana! Who will get their mail order brides first...I mean their...you know what I meant

https://twitter.com/RastaBuddhaTao/status/705729822056550400

Yes yes, since I still live close to RBT mine has already arrived today and after a few bowls I can say the hype is real, and killer is not wrong. Its a pretty damn simple and effective vapor tool

So is the intent of the final product to be unregulated? I would assume still, that the worst I have to worry about is killing a battery for good and not exploding it. As in I am at just as much risk with a regulated Zion or brand X vaporizer.
Whenever I get whatever I get, my intent is still the same. I want something I can share with people who haven't been convinced that they don't have to smoke their crusty metal bowls. I swear that taste of ammonia only gets worse.

Yeah it's unregulated but it's fine, its not set too too hot, but it is like a Zion dial set fairly high on a fresh batt, and then as the batt gets lower you will need more preheat to get the same effects, or just a longer hit holding the button rather, whereas on a fresh batt you hold it much less. To run the batteries low enough to cause any damage, you'd be preheating for like more than 10sec which is very noticeable of a power decline, before they get too low you'll know, and you can learn how long a battery lasts you. Of course you can also modulate the button as needed... Always let go early when in doubt.

So have we now seen the FINAL form of the Milaana as shown in most recent images? Or are there going to be further design changes to say....the battery terminal on top of the box, or vent hole positioning, etc?

Yeah it's pretty final actually, could change slightly with Ed's wood, maybe a bit better fit and finish, but its so simple its essentially done done. And just in my brief initial use it certainly feels like a finished product ready to be churned on out imo

Ofcourse as always more testing needed... I'll also share some photos soon. I've also got Eds stem which is very nice, but still a work in progress... Oh and the filter is like shredded ss mesh screen, adjustable length to adjust airflow if desired. It is also what is used for vaping concentrates so dual use. Seems to work just as great as Zion so far

Shit Snacks

Sounds very promising! :)

I hope that your unit has the production SS vent screen that was mentioned earlier - very curious about that. I look forward to seeing your pics and hearing more from you after longer term use.

As I said above the vent screen is shredded ss screen, a finer mesh than the stem basket screens, softer and more flexible. I do not know what those small basket screens were in the pics from before, maybe just an experiment

Last edited:

GTAVaper

As I said above the vent screent is shredded ss screen, a finer mesh than the stem basket screens, softer and more flexible. I do not know what those small basket screens were in the pics from before, maybe just an experiment

Oh, I am very sorry.....I misunderstood and am just a little"vaked" too..... :tinfoil:

When I first read your earlier post talking about Ed's new wooden stem...... I thought that you were talking about some kind of new innovative ss filter that was now being used as a screen for Ed's stem...... since this is now being used as the "herb bowl" as well as the stem.

Shit Snacks

Oh, I am very sorry.....I misunderstood and am just a little"vaked" too..... :tinfoil:

When I first read your earlier post talking about Ed's new wooden stem...... I thought that you were talking about some kind of new innovative ss filter that was now being used as a screen for Ed's stem...... since this is now being used as the "herb bowl" as well as the stem.

Ah yeah no, Eds stem just has a flat screen, so its set as a full joint size load, but works with a half load too. It's inner diameter (and imo the outer a bit as well) is a bit too narrow restricting airflow though. It does work though and once it's perfected could be a must have accessory actually, its really nice even just in maple

Vape Dr.

Just imagine the MFLB as a Yugo and the Milaana as a Tesla!:brow:

Same principle but worlds apart.:D

I can't wait for it!:evil:

Shit Snacks

Way too late so I'm just going to leave these crappy photos here for you all:

oE0bjS3.jpg

gcG3jHz.jpg

vRhFxm7.jpg

6Jwu9Rv.jpg

lffcgEZ.jpg

iiCBejf.jpg

11BDJqd.jpg

h9spqFN.jpg

6eXHmix.jpg

Front left is the filter material i described above, see on the right it is bunched up into a filter and/or concentrate pad (then the stem screens are further on the right)

mlLFr0N.jpg

With a custom shorty male to male 18-14mm GonG, and film cannisters for size, useful greens/browns containers

WqGEH18.jpg

h5cM0dY.jpg

Dual Ed wood stems, Milaana+Lily

LD3QxU3.jpg

With Daisy and Lily

sKniFSR.jpg

With VapCap TiWoody and DynaStash dugout (hoping for a RBTdugout some day for a stem stir and stash...)

Ng4fUKZ.jpg

With similarly stealthily palmable vapes Elevape and Indica (eventually I will compare with their upcoming o2 and i2 too...) its a bigger size bit that is balanced out by quite a few perks imo

qGYRQQs.jpg

And with an Osage Orange Underdog twiggish log. Similar size yet the battery is built in and cordless in Milaana, plus the trigger, glass bowl, and very different steel heaters ;)

Alright need to be :zzz: already...

Last edited:

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
Lovely, lovely, lovely :love:
Thanks for those @Shit Snacks

I did (for a split second) mistake your Dynastash for an exotic wood Milaana!

I also like Ed's stem, but do think that it looks a little skinny compared to the glass stem.
I will however definitely get one, especially if we can specify a very slightly fatter diameter.
It'll be interesting to see where Ed goes with the next stems.

Hopefully one of you guys who have received your Milaana can do a bubbler vid'?
My main use for my own Milaana will almost certainly be at home with a smallish bubbler like my D020-D, or a J-hook, so seeing the Milaana next to the UD is especially useful.

I thought my anticipation level had reached a summit, only to see the next ascent looming out of the mist!
il_570xN.637444000_3af8.jpg

Soon-come:popcorn:

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Uploading a quick intro video with a few puffs now. Lighting was poor so clouds look underwhelming, but i will fix that for my next video. Just a quick test vid showing scale and speed on my second bowl ever to get something out to you guys.

Edit. People are going to love using this thing with water. So damn small, plug and play.

Last edited:

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
Yes, @Shit Snacks and @IAmKrazy2, THANK YOU VERY MUCH for taking the time to post the pics and video!

It occurs to me, and probably already to @EdTNT, that with Milaana's high center of gravity (particularly with a long stem in it) that a stand would come in REALLY handy! Hint, hint!!

Speaking with total honesty though, Milaana has got a GREAT LOOKING body but her face is sort of, meh! Maybe some cosmetic work down the road?

Good luck and much success!!

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Way too late so I'm just going to leave these crappy photos here for you all:

oE0bjS3.jpg

gcG3jHz.jpg

vRhFxm7.jpg

6Jwu9Rv.jpg

lffcgEZ.jpg

iiCBejf.jpg

11BDJqd.jpg

h9spqFN.jpg

6eXHmix.jpg

Front left is the filter material i described above, see on the right it is bunched up into a filter and/or concentrate pad (then the stem screens are further on the right)

mlLFr0N.jpg

With a custom shorty male to male 18-14mm GonG, and film cannisters for size, useful greens/browns containers

WqGEH18.jpg

h5cM0dY.jpg

Dual Ed wood stems, Milaana+Lily

LD3QxU3.jpg

With Daisy and Lily

sKniFSR.jpg

With VapCap TiWoody and DynaStash dugout (hoping for a RBTdugout some day for a stem stir and stash...)

Ng4fUKZ.jpg

With similarly stealthily palmable vapes Elevape and Indica (eventually I will compare with their upcoming o2 and i2 too...) its a bigger size bit that is balanced out by quite a few perks imo

qGYRQQs.jpg

And with an Osage Orange Underdog twiggish log. Similar size yet the battery is built in and cordless in Milaana, plus the trigger, glass bowl, and very different steel heaters ;)

Alright need to be :zzz: already...

Uploading a quick intro video with a few puffs now. Lighting was poor so clouds look underwhelming, but i will fix that for my next video. Just a quick test vid showing scale and speed on my second bowl ever to get something out to you guys.

Edit. People are going to love using this thing with water. So damn small, plug and play.

Shits and Krazy, guys, thanks a ton for your (motion) pics, thoughts and demonstration. Really great!!:tup::clap:
Can't wait to hear and see further stuff.:drool: Keep it coming and dedicate one first flavor hit to me :D
Enjoy! :peace:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom