Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRobbo

Have a look closely at the picture where he is holding it upright talking about a weird posterior for a turtle... What is the little gap next to the heater joint? Looks like its got something stashed in there? IDK could be imagining it but there is definitely something there...

Choughed

While I agree that we can call it whatever we want to, when showing and/or telling people about how awesome it is, the official name is going to have to be used, and there's cool factor to consider, as well as being able to spell it without having to write it down. Zion ticks both boxes for me, with the added bonus of being gender neutral.

Oh, one more suggestion, "ZionU". For Unregulated, but kinda personal too. Meh, I'm no good with names, but I don't suppose RBT is looking for any more suggestions anyhow.

Choughed,
Reactions: nondarb

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
You could call it "Gods Box" or "Shit on a Stick" name is totally arbitrary long as it delivers, no one will care.

That said, I hadn't been up to date on this thread but I did hear about Milaana....I actually thought it was just the first proper beta or first production of the USB and that was the personal name he decided to call it. You all seem to name your Zions and it seemed more in line with Ziggy, Marilyn, Ashton, Johnnie, etc. rather than the official name of the vape.

I personally like the RBT Ion but neither here nor there, my decision to buy this will not be pushed one way or another by it being called Milaana. Zion and Ion the big one has one more letter

I am embarrassed that I frequent here enough that I know the personal names of some of your vapes :lol:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
@pakalolo thread title name change to Milaana vaporizer (fka unregulated single battery Zion)?!

The thread title has been changed.

People are free to express their dislike for the name but I'm pretty sure it's not likely to change, so suggestions for a different name are superfluous. Please try to stick to talking about the device.

jim-bob

Agreed - I kinda doubt that a guy who refuses to provide customer service is going to listen to customers about product naming. I guess we're stuck with it.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
The thread title has been changed.

People are free to express their dislike for the name but I'm pretty sure it's not likely to change, so suggestions for a different name are superfluous. Please try to stick to talking about the device.

Thanks Pak, personally don't think there should be a "The" in the title, but I am really just nitpicking of course :p

@jim-bob I mean it's not unreasonable, this product's creation was the result of listening to feedback, and the Zion was shaped by early feedback and suggestions as well...

But yeah not for names, name is done

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
I believe that you need an 18mm male GONG adapter to fit into the Milaana.
The other end of your adapter should be chosen to fit your water tool.

The 18mm male needs to be US standard though.

The adapter replaces the stem, and must be fitted with a screen to provide a bowl for your herb.

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Ok so i just get a 18mm male to male (in my case) gong and pop a basket screen in?

From my understanding, yes. The Zion/Milaana being used through water sort of work inversely to the Cloud EVO, if that makes sense. With the EVO you're putting your basket screen (ELB) in the 18 mm male part that's attached to the heater, and drawing through the female oriented water pipe.

The RBT products, you're putting your basket screen on the 18 mm male end, but that end is on your water pipe. The 18 mm female sized heater port on the Zion/Milanna then covers up your male end and you draw through the water. The heat is disappated through the load from top to bottom as opposed to bottom to top with the EVO.

I think at least, that's the impression I got when I saw people using ELB's with their Zions. Functionally same thing just in opposite directions.

Shit Snacks

Ok so i just get a 18mm male to male (in my case) gong and pop a basket screen in?

Yeah but like he said it needs to be US 18mm on one end so the basket screen can be seated, and so it seals in the glass bowl.

I think @cybrguy said this one is US sized: http://ebay.com/itm/18mm-Male-To-18mm-Male-Glass-Adapter-/131730093497?nav=SEARCH

Can be tricky to confirm, basically the joint in Zion needs to be 7/8 of an inch long to fit in the bowl properly (ISO sized joints can be cut down to fit, but basket screens won't fit well bc the inner diameter is wider than US sized)

Also a @Ratchett SonG can fit over a regular Zion stem in a pinch too

(@HellsWindStaff no ELBs, or EQ style basket screens either, are allowed in production Zion/Milaana bc of the metal overhanging rim. RBT basket screens are like E-Nano adjust-a-bowl, and can be used in a basket style as well like a UD but not as far down in the stem)

Copacetic

As long as it's the shorter U.S. 18mm, YUP.
It needs to be the U.S. standard, as the other, longer standard (ISO?) would prevent the joint going all the way into the Milaana, and possibly push the heater/screen down into the vape, possibly damaging it.

I don't own any RBT vape yet, so if others have conflicting advice, they might well be the ones to listen to!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I think @cybrguy said this one is US sized: http://ebay.com/itm/18mm-Male-To-18mm-Male-Glass-Adapter-/131730093497?nav=SEARCH

Can be tricky to confirm, basically the joint in Zion needs to be 7/8 of an inch long to fit in the bowl properly (ISO sized joints can be cut down to fit, but basket screens won't fit well bc the inner diameter is wider than US sized)
How American. :) SS is exactly right (of course) in that the joint that goes in to Zion or Milaana needs to be US standard 22mm in length rather than ISO which are 26mm. That link is to a M2M that looks identical to two that I have that came with Chinese glass through DHgate, who seems to use the US standard joints most of the time. It IS important to use the US standard size to make the solid connection, and most importantly to avoid damaging the screen above the heater in the female joint.
YhOsMhr.jpg

With the Zion I always place IT on top of the glass so that the only weight on the joint is the weight of the Zion. With Milanna and her size I'm sure that will the only way it will be used...

If you have nothing to measure with and you can't look at joints side by side, you can pick out US joints as being more square as the length is only 4 mm more than the width at 22mm by 18mm...

Last edited:

Copacetic

@cybrguy I have an adaptor which I got from DH Gate with my D2020-D which looks VERY like the one Snacks linked to.
When I measure from the very edge of the frosted joint, to the very tip of the joint it's 24mm.
Any idea if this would work in the Zion/Milaana?

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
@cybrguy I have an adaptor which I got from DH Gate with my D2020-D which looks VERY like the one Snacks linked to.
When I measure from the very edge of the frosted joint, to the very tip of the joint it's 24mm.
Any idea if this would work in the Zion/Milaana?
There is a little variability in joint lengths, but 2mm is a lot. If you got it from SunshineStore I would be more than surprised if it was not a US joint. One of mine came from him. When you put it in it should seat perfectly and not leave any opening around the joint. That should be noticeable and I think you should be fine.

Copacetic

I bet RBT doesn't want to engage in that whole 'estimated' beartrap.
Too much risk of excitement overcoming rational thought, and people re-interpreting 'estimated' as 'promised'.

I'm very excited to get mine, but my existing vape will serve until Milaana starts shipping.
I'm one of those who would probably get irritated by missed 'estimated' dates (GH looooong time coming/starting to get slightly annoyed) so I'm actually happier without estimates :worms:

Edit:
Thanks @cybrguy

DocGonzo

Does anyone know off hand which standard thickassglass.com uses? I'm pretty sure all of their cheaper glass comes from DHGate, and the 14/18 male to male adapter I have from them looks identical to the one Snacks linked. I'm guessing it's US, since the ISO 18mms seem to have a pretty pronounced taper at the tip and mine looks more squat on the 18 end. People posted lengths, but what should the inner diameter be for a US 18mm?

DocGonzo,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
There is no spec for the inside diameter, and it will usually be whatever the diameter of the tip of the joint is, narrower for ISO than US. That is why you can't use an arizer screen in a length cut ISO. The ID really only matters to the screen you want to put inside, other than gross airflow which won't be noticeably different.

You could probably contact thickassglass and ask, but I have found some vendors aren't really aware of the difference as it only matters in situations like Zion/Milaana where the joint terminates at a screen. But even if they don't know the difference, you can always ask them to measure the joint length.

Shit Snacks

Can I simulate the operation of a Milaana by cranking a Zion to max and only using the button for temp control? Is one in the same ballpark that way, so to speak?

As I understand it, its close but still not quite the same? I did try it in Ziggy who's running hotter than production, not even at max and it was ridiculous, the speed, its a fun way to take big hits. Definitely give it a shot bud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom