Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

anasrzi

This will be the exact same as Zion, so the answer is yes, it works with whatever you want basically, nugs fine course grinds any amount

So you can run it in a "Rip and stuff" method just like I do with the vap cap? I do prefer this for taste my grinder has been redundant for the most part but when I'm hitting the vap cap it has a handy small magnet to place the cap onto while it cools so it still has its uses.

Happier still I've preordered now, this thing is going to rock my little herbal world :rockon:

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Full nug chunks are my Zion preference when i have time. I follow @stickstones 's method and hit it a bit, then later stir and eventually break it all down once fully dry. After this crumble you will get massive clouds in the Zion so be careful. The dry herb will certainly have the ability to combust on 100% power if you hold the button down too long

Guys... I just finished looking at the new pics of Milaana, and it took me a while to pop in and share, as I needed to furiously fap upon viewing the images.
Battery Door:
battery_door.jpg

Body:
turtle.jpg

Size:
size.png

Bowl and Face:
turtle_butt.jpg

Out on the town:
turtle_fish.jpg

Triihouse style shot ;)
blackandwhite.png]
blackandwhite.png

Having trouble getting them to post as fullsized images; my image hosting site made some changes that are forcing thumbnail for a few of these.

Last edited:

anasrzi

Looks more in line with the Zion brand, too -- the boxy (in comparison to the alpha unit) shape is so fitting.
The Z-team got a glimpse of it in action today, and this thing is gonna be sooooo badass. Hot damn I'm excited!

Such a tease @ragnorokk your a lucky guy seeing it first hand, after seeing the making of the milaana over at RBT's Twitter account im excited too :)

DocGonzo

I haven't even gotten my Zion yet to verify the praise, but now my VAS is kicking in over this little beast. Didn't think I was going to go for either of the smaller models, since stealth isn't much of a concern for me, but that's one sexy little turtle.

I don't *NEED* to be stealthy, but I moved to a place where I feel less comfortable vaping in the open. I love my Zion, but I don't always have appropriately sized pockets, so I go vapeless or use a pen sometimes. I'd really prefer to bring the Zion heater with me, so I can show my other cannabis consuming friends, but it's not always in the cards. This looks like it will fit in just about any pocket, and I already have found that my Zion stems fit great in all my pockets, so the difference will (for me) be that I can have the Zion at home ready to go at the drop of a hat, and I can have Milaana in my pocket on the go, even in summer when I don't have a jacket pocket available (my current method of transport for full-sized production Zion).

I have pre-ordered one, and just wanted to register my disgust at the name. Cringeworthy and I would urge a rethink!

While that's a little harsh I entirely agree. I'm going to hurt someone's feelers here I'm sure but here goes:

The name is awful, and I feel like it will hurt sales. The vaporizers name is forgetable, long and sounds like a cookie... I'm not calling mine that, and honestly I doubt anyone else will either. That in itself is detrimental to sales.

"Milaana" doesn't roll of the tongue or abbreviate well, its a shame to see such a wonderful device start out with such a hindrance... I don't think milaana will be successful off the start. However I'm fully confident the device could be.

This is only critique upon the name, not the device in any capacity. I've already preordered and will be happy with the device regardless of what RBT calls it I'm sure.

Last edited:
I personally think Milaana sounds classy and you could call this thing shittywoodblock and I bet just as many would sell.

It sounds like a cookie or eastern bloc streetwalker imo. It won't affect sales with those of us who are familiar with the tech but you've got to think down the line. We arent necessarily the target audience, your average vaporizer owner isn't reading hundreds of pages concerning dozens of various vapes. They are going by looks, name and "popularity". Don't believe me? Look at reddit, the bulk of the market (especially the sub $200 market) are uneducated buyers. I just don't feel the name has the necessary curb appeal for that market.

It simply doesn't sound like a product, but rather a name for a personal unit.

This is just my :2c: and observations. Opinions are like assholes, but this asshole adamantly believes the name is a mistake and will only hinder the units initial growth and popularity. That said I don't wish to bring any negativity to the thread, I've said my piece!

Has anyone deciphered what the new brand is on the new pics?? I was keen on the others triangular design, almost like a Celtic knot. I dig the branding, has me dreaming up potential special editions down the line.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Agree to disagree, some strong negative feeligs and some harsh assumptions based on something so superficially subjective. It's nice people are passionate though! Don't see this with other vapes much...

MagicFlight LaunchBox was a mouthful, personally I like the sound of RastaBuddhaTao Milaana, very fitting with the company brand to me personally, of course using Zion Heater Technology (Patent Pending);)

Anyway I think I know an easy way to abbreviate it (even if it is a first name ala Herbie), or at least how I will be referring to mine, by shouting to people:

(I could also see Mila, but not as funny lol)

HD Springer

Her name is her name. And how Milaana preforms I see no issue in her name. We as vaporist should concern ourselves with how the product works not its givin name. However the name has a special place in RBTs heart. I wasn't sold on the name at first but after listening to RBT I'm sold. And after seeing her preform her name almost makes you as fuzzy and warm feeling all over just like RBT patent pending heater design does.

Damn I'm in love with Milaana. If anything were to out seat Marilyn(my beta Zion) as my #1 vaporizer it would be this Milaana we speak of. She is Sweeeeeet with a capital SWEEEEEET!!!!!!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
How about RBTion :tup:

That was actually my original suggestion in here, but I actually much prefer Milaana myself, it means to modulate and that's what this dead simple bare bones Zion heater vape requires for its trigger to master its power. Fitting to me, and a uniquely pleasant sounding and looking word/name in my mind.

There will be many more RBT vapes down the line once these take off and some actual profit is made... Plenty of future models to debate naming later. Call it whatever you want, but seems its official name is, well official

@pakalolo thread title name change to Milaana vaporizer (fka unregulated single battery Zion)?!

Like I said, opinions are like assholes (everybody's got one). I didn't mean to leave anyone bent out of shape. I just felt the need to express not only my opinion but my concern with the name given I'm totally stoked on the product itself. I want RBT to succeed, which is why I vocalized my opinion to begin with. A good name is imperative for long term success imo.

We as vaporist should concern ourselves with how the product works not its givin name.
As a vaporist that's ALL I care about, I'll call mine what I please! I reiterate, mines paid for.. I'm sold.

But from a business perspective thats not a good strategy. As I said earlier the average vaporist isn't the educated connoisseur most FC members are, you can't count on the customer to actually do any research. You didn't like the name at first but it grew on you, the average consumer won't give a product time to grow on them.

it means to modulate

If this were common knowledge I'd probably feel differently. However a Google search of "milaana" yields baby names (eastern bloc origins lol) and an Urdu definition that means combine. I only got modulate after googling the phrases together. Suppose I need to brush up on my Hindi, but it seems a little too obscure.

Anyways on a non name related note..

Is the stir stick gone from the final design? Is it safe to say that this last batch of pics is the final model?? I'm also curious whether the final design implements the stem lock. The units looking great, I'm really excited to see so much progress so quick. I'm glad to be in on the ground floor on this one, whatever RBT calls it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom