Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRobbo

Yeah, I keep getting that vibe from this thread. It's like the milaana is a cult, but a cult I really want to join! I think I could design some sort of felt case that could fold over it's self and fit in my pocket, but have some compartments whatever it is I need to carry. Speaking of which, What do you need to carry for a full day of fun out with the milaana? I would guess unit with a battery inside, a stem, and some herb.

I think your getting this thread just right... eveyone who has one cant stop going on and on about how good it is!
All you really need is the unit with battery isolation pic mod (to ensure no accidents) which took all of about 2 minutes to rig up. Keep the short stem and battery in the unit and pop it in your pants pocket (this might be an issue if you have REALLY tight pants) and something to carry bud (ground or not some just stuff in a nug and rip it).

This will get you at least 4 bowls which is plenty for me most days and if you want more, a battery in case doesn't take that much space and you can keep the short stem in case as well for extra protection.

I know it sounds fiddly but really its not that bad you get used to it straight away, and for the quality of vapor, fun of use, and all out awesomeness of the vape it is way worth it.

My advice is get one you wont be disappointed and if by some miracle you dont like it I cant see any issue selling it...

Edit:
Forgot to say if you want the best this is it... yep maybe the form is not perfect but you know all development has been concentrated on function and not on gimmicks, unnecessary shit like hard to clean retractable stems dodgy flip up lids... special vapes that look like pens but keep breaking:p
Shit I offer to buy it off you at retail price if you didn't like it just to have a back up (if the wife wouldn't kill me)

Last edited:

mephisto

Just wanted to drop in and say that my new Walnut Milaana arrived today. Along with a battery, a shorty stem, charger, and 1/2 0z. of Mendocino Purps...
Well, everything except the 1/2 Oz.
Ryan even shot me an email to make sure I knew to expect my Mi. I have to say for the record that I think the man got a lot of undeserved negative shit from a world of folks, including me. Its water under the bridge now, suffice it to say that the brains behind the marvel of Milaana is a STAND UP MOFO.
Thanks Ryan and RBT! Your dedication to Mi and the Zion are outstanding. I feel like a real toolbag for all the pissing and moaning I have done, albeit slightly veiled....
ALL ABOARD! My battery is charged, gotta catch this train.

RBT CULT FTW!

1_gr8_underdog

Trapped in the Astral Planes Back from the dead
Yes my og Zion is still here and working fine. But, I haven't used it since getting my milaana. I prefer the Milaana. It fits my needs better. Size being the biggest. And that it can perform the same(to me anyway.) Big hits and tasty too. Haven't really touched any other vaporizer except Daisy or Lily whilst the batteries recharge.

Thanks for the welcome back @Shit Snacks. :cheers:

Philreal187

See this wonderful picture today on ig!!

cRauKBJ.jpg

AJS

Calm Consistency
my og Zion is still here and working fine. But, I haven't used it since
;):myday::wave: I know you're trying to pass that my way!

Haven't seen you in a while man, glad you're back around. Remember you during the Zion days when it was actually a thing, nice memory refresher :)
See this wonderful picture today on ig!!

cRauKBJ.jpg
Ugh mmm yesss mmmmmm I see some sexy ones ... look at the tops of some of em, holy shit.
Can't believe this is real, I didn't expect "exotics" (anything other than maple) for a very very long time. Really surprised at how quickly RBT moved through this (never thought I'd be able to say that, well done man)
So so so so excited about all of this, and I can't wait until more pictures of people's units get posted!

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Just made qwiso "hash" from my abv. First concentrate I've used with my Mil... Sadly it's not the best.

Pleasantly surprised at how well it works... Although I probably shouldn't be... By the Mil that is.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
All you really need is the unit with battery isolation pic mod (to ensure no accidents) which took all of about 2 minutes to rig up. Keep the short stem and battery in the unit and pop it in your pants pocket (this might be an issue if you have REALLY tight pants) and something to carry bud (ground or not some just stuff in a nug and rip it).
OK, here comes Cybrguy the buzzkill. (Not really, its the Mother in me) I just want to remind people about the danger of keeping a stem in your Mi while mobile. Remember that the only time (that I am aware of) that people have damaged their female joint is when they left their stem in and had a drop.

Personally I only have my stem loaded in Bam Bam when I intend to use her. Other wise I keep the stem out. Especially while mobile. I may leave the stem in when she's sitting on a table, but only when she is on her side, not standing up. We know how painful doing without her can be so we don't want any trips back to RBT that aren't unavoidable.

Just sayin...

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
OK, here comes Cybrguy the buzzkill. (Not really, its the Mother in me) I just want to remind people about the danger of keeping a stem in your Mi while mobile. Remember that the only time (that I am aware of) that people have damaged their female joint is when they left their stem in and had a drop.

Personally I only have my stem loaded in Bam Bam when I intend to use her. Other wise I keep the stem out. Especially while mobile. I may leave the stem in when she's sitting on a table, but only when she is on her side, not standing up. We know how painful doing without her can be so we don't want any trips back to RBT that aren't unavoidable.

Just sayin...

I agree 100% on this concept. Keep the short stem in a battery box.

Because you can't vape pocket lint.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Yeah, those are Milaana bodies, but I don't see any reason why Zion couldn't have a spalted body. Maybe a little sucking up is in order.

Oh Ryan, you brilliantly handsome (in a roughed up sort of way) guy....

Where is that drool cup....?

I know I'm in the wrong thread but they're sisters, after all, so...

NinjaMindTriks

Ninja Vapor Enthusiast
So I received my Milaana months and months ago and thought that my unit wasn't working. I ended up having lots of medical issues and time in the hospital and didn't get around to sending it in. Well I spent some time reading everything and catching up and I read about the spring with the battery sometimes needing pulled up. Got a piece of wire and pulled it up and viola! She's up and running! I have spent about a week with her and with a little practice it is by far my favorite portable, one of my all time favorite vapes. It is incredibley efficient, tastes wonderful and can give you monster hits or low temp tasty hits. I love the on demand vapor, just about a 5 second pre-heat and it's good to go. I just want to say congrats to @RastaBuddhaTao for such a phenomenal piece of tech. This is my go to vape now. Everyone that is doubting, don't. It is really that good. I use micro loads in it most often, but it also works great with bigger loads. Thanks everyone that has touted the Mi, it really is a game changer.

GetLeft

I'm used to using the arizer air which is most portable when the stem is stashed until needed then stashed again after use. The milaana functions the same way for me: attach stem while using, remove when finished (and if I'm going to be honest, when I'm able to craft a good first hit I'm using the milaana as a one-hitter). Carrying and inserting / removing the batteries is an additional step in the process but it's not overwhelming me by any stretch, especially considering the benefits that this thing brings to the table.

@DDave mod crossed the country in no time so now I have even more to play with and figure out. As much as I love what the short stock milaana stem provides (namely delicious powerful hits that extract goods quite effectively), it makes the milaana less conservative than my nano or my air (due simply to its power and the size of the stem bowl), so I'll be giving DDave's 14mm stem with the smaller bowl and reducer some serious attention the next few days. Got to try a hit late last night and was very impressed so I'm looking forward to l getting at it again.

I imagine I'll narrow down my equipment to the vape, two batteries in the case, and as many pre-packed stems as I determine to be needed. I now have 6 stems: the two short and one long I got with my original purchase then the three stems - 2 14mm 1 18 mm with narrower stem - that came with the DDave mod. Working with the reducer on the go might take some figuring out; already noticed that the screen will catch inside the reducer when I remove the 14 mm stem so I'll have to be sure to have handy a tool to push it out. Shouldn't need much more than the right sized box to stash things.

:tup:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@RastaBuddhaTao If I buy this and send it to you. Can you make me a Milaana out of it? I'd love that.

Don't think that is the right size... He may be able to offer that in the future after Zion is done, maybe after he gets another product going even, but as of now the answer is likely to be no

Mouthwatering, now if only my Zion pre-order could be changed to spalted.:mmmm:

Yeah, those are Milaana bodies, but I don't see any reason why Zion couldn't have a spalted body. Maybe a little sucking up is in order.

Oh Ryan, you brilliantly handsome (in a roughed up sort of way) guy....

Where is that drool cup....?

I know I'm in the wrong thread but they're sisters, after all, so...

Also yeah, no exotic Zions, the bodies for the 200 build are already ready and they're all plain maple. I'm sure itd be crazy expensive to have an exotic Zion, like top tier desktop territory

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
I'll be giving DDave's 14mm stem with the smaller bowl and reducer some serious attention the next few days. Got to try a hit late last night and was very impressed so I'm looking forward to l getting at it again.
:rockon:

Working with the reducer on the go might take some figuring out; already noticed that the screen will catch inside the reducer when I remove the 14 mm stem so I'll have to be sure to have handy a tool to push it out.
The screen pinch technique should straighten that out. Glass varies slightly, so this adjustment has worked well for those who have reported screen catching in reducer.

Basically, pinch the screen as seen in this picture just enough (ever so slightly) to widen it a bit. It will provide a bit more resistance when putting the screen into the stem, and in turn will hold within the stem much more tightly.

AtH2ZXF.jpg

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
@KeroZen...question. if my milaana runs hotter with the washers removed what's the deal and is it safe to do so?

Nope, don't think it's an issue, it's just running closer to specs. I imagine Ryan measures the heater resistance before assembly, so it's calibrated without the extra parasitic resistances that we can get at various points:

- Battery tab vs battery
- Copper lid vs battery
- Copper lid vs washers
- Copper lid vs post
- Washers vs post
- ...and when the post is not fully screwed it creates a bad contact somewhere down inside where we can't see. But in my particular case the difference was quite clear. Before I did it once for good (ie. strongly) every-time my Mi felt super weak, I removed the lid and bingo the post was unscrewed.

For new users please note that this last point has been fixed since. Well-worth checking for others.

@KeroZen I'm surprised you haven't gutted it yet and fixed it?

Rah... if only I had a spare female GonG, I would do it for sure. But as it is, the GonG is still functional, but it's shattered in several pieces. They all stay in place thanks to the epoxy. But if I remove them it will be a pain to re-assemble afterwards.

Besides the whole heater insertion and positioning is kinda tricky it seems. I love my Mi so much I would be a bit nervous to make things worse... :/

GetLeft

I guess this has been beaten up and down by now but the reduced stem size is a really nice mod. Definitely suits my particular needs a little better than the stock stem. It allows for a smaller sized load with the same stellar vapor production (@AJS has the vids to prove it a few pages back or so). This vape's now off the charts for me. I initially shied away from the milaana thinking for some reason that it was a 'TKO-or-nothing' kind of vape. It clearly has the TKO thing covered. But with the mod it's also a 'TKO-with-less' kind of vape. Thanks for creating the great mod @DDave! Y ya.

AJS

Calm Consistency
It allows for a smaller sized load with the same stellar vapor production
Decided to whip out this little gem. Rarely use her, you can probably see how clean she is, but damn she hits nice.
14mm long stem, the thin stem gives feedback that the 18mm long stem doesn't, but still allows for bigger hits than the short 14mm without harshness and huge flavor. Why didn't I use this more often. Time to pack another.

1isrjPN.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom