Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shannock

Thanks for the info. I've never had any problems, no hot copper door or anything. Never done a cleaning ever on the base unit. Wonder how those parts can get so "dirty" that they're causing such an issue... It's interesting and good to know for sure :)

I think it's just a natural build up from the copper and I think the plastic of the guitar pick "off switch" can get a bit worn on the thread of the post and build up there as well , it's always grubby when I clean it and I have never had the same sort of heat in the copper since I started cleaning it regularly.

:peace:

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
I think it's just a natural build up from the copper and I think the plastic of the guitar pick "off switch" can get a bit worn on the thread of the post and build up there as well , it's always grubby when I clean it and I have never had the same sort of heat in the copper since I started cleaning it regularly.

:peace:

Very interesting. First thing I did to my mi's was the pic mod. Must confess I have exclusively been using only one of them - but regularly - and never experienced a prob. Anyway, I might clean it just for fun and see what I can get! :D

namasteIII

Do yall get annoyed at having the mouthpiece separate. I see how everyone loves this vape and really want one, but having to carry the unit, herb, and a mouth piece just to use it, seems like it would kill off any portability this unit might have.

Anyone do anything fancy to theirs to make it all one self contained unit?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Do yall get annoyed at having the mouthpiece separate. I see how everyone loves this vape and really want one, but having to carry the unit, herb, and a mouth piece just to use it, seems like it would kill off any portability this unit might have.

Anyone do anything fancy to theirs to make it all one self contained unit?

It's trade off, but worth it for pure flavor and easy cleaning, smoother hits potentially with plenty of stem options... You can carry several prepacked like capsules, or just figure it out. The vapor quality and versatility make it worthwhile imo, though its true it can't be as convenient as a self contained unit, the performance makes up for it. Why it's still my go to portable despite others in my collection

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
@namasteIII short stem fits in a battery case along with the battery (or an extra battery if you are using the guitar pic mod with one in the device). Doob tube for extra herb.

I carry mine in a case when I'm out and about. It's not good to have something like a vape in plain site or on my person when I'm out of the house anyway as per state law if in a car. It's different when I'm on foot, but then I'm normally in the woods, so I still like the case in case I fall.

namasteIII

Interesting. Guess there is no perfect vape yet. (Though if someone is trying to make one, PM ill give you plenty of words for free :D)

How much do people pay for a wood stem?

Anyone got any all In once case solutions to show off? Or perhaps some ideas for an ideal case design?

And, whilst i'm asking questions here. Talk to me about battery life why don't you.

I used to vape a bunch back when I didn't consume all that much. Maybe 2 or 3 times a week. It was great for a while but my Arizer Solo was a 15 minuet event that only stayed in the house, convince was lost, being able to take snaps from a bong or bring some joints in my pocket became my new method of consumption, and the solo found a new home. This was a fine change until recently. I still never smoked that much so combustion 2 or 3 time a week did make my body feel anything negative. Now at maybe 5-7 times a week, I want back into the vaping game because weed as a drug as been really good for me, both medicinally and recreational. Smoking however is bad for my body and I know it.

I've since stooped smoking completely and commended temporary use of my buddy's Flowermate but I'll need one of my own eventually. I know I want instant on Convection in my life, so it's time to find the best in that class.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Battery life isn't terrible but you have to account for the devices unregulated nature as battery drops.

I could probably roast 3 wooden stemfuls back to back on a full battery. With a .1 pack in a stem, I can get 2-4 separate, flavorful "sessions" (4ish~hits) with noticeable effects. Definitely sufficient for on the go, unless you'll be out and constantly trying to rip it. In which case I'd bring more than 2 batteries

At home when I use it thru water, I get 2 or 3 full load extractions per battery and I usually change them when they're about half empty just to expedite things... Though I doubt this is good for battery longevity.

Check my post history for a pelican case I rigged up to hold my Milaana, 5 stems, a 18>14mm reducer, 2 420edc top hats, 2 batterys, a vial for fresh bud and a vial for abv.

Contact @Alan for wooden stems.

Edit:

Dug up the case picture

DAwjtjg.jpg

Last edited:

AJS

Calm Consistency
@namasteIII
Hey man, I just pack a large bowl at the house and carry it assembled in my pocket. The stems can fit pretty damn snug at times. I used to use a little hairband around my unit that I could slide my stem in to bind it to the side of the unit when not in use, but I don't find it necessary anymore (who here remembers that? Haha)

I vape at coffee shops, the road, walks, parks, wherever, and I'm not in a fully legal state. No problems here.

Pre ground Doob tube makes packing a fresh stem take about 10 seconds from the time you reach in your pocket to when you're putting your herb away. It's too easy.

When the product is good enough you'll make your own solutions. The "separate parts" was discussed a ton when first released, everyone thinking it would be a hassle, and I haven't heard anyone mention it in quite a while recently. I totally forgot it was a concern at first.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Interesting. Guess there is no perfect vape yet. (Though if someone is trying to make one, PM ill give you plenty of words for free :D)

How much do people pay for a wood stem?

Anyone got any all In once case solutions to show off? Or perhaps some ideas for an ideal case design?

And, whilst i'm asking questions here. Talk to me about battery life why don't you.

I used to vape a bunch back when I didn't consume all that much. Maybe 2 or 3 times a week. It was great for a while but my Arizer Solo was a 15 minuet event that only stayed in the house, convince was lost, being able to take snaps from a bong or bring some joints in my pocket became my new method of consumption, and the solo found a new home. This was a fine change until recently. I still never smoked that much so combustion 2 or 3 time a week did make my body feel anything negative. Now at maybe 5-7 times a week, I want back into the vaping game because weed as a drug as been really good for me, both medicinally and recreational. Smoking however is bad for my body and I know it.

I've since stooped smoking completely and commended temporary use of my buddy's Flowermate but I'll need one of my own eventually. I know I want instant on Convection in my life, so it's time to find the best in that class.

Battery life is one of the best I've ever experienced despite the need for more preheat as it gets lower, we've compared here and the average is 5, people getting anywhere from 3 to 8 bowls depending on all the variables...

And the great thing about this vape is how you can session really efficiently, but also take strong on demand hits whenever you want sporadically. That versatility makes it the closest thing to a perfect portable, but yeah nothing's perfect... yet

The big ego case works pretty well, @Ratchett may be making us fancy ones too

TheRobbo

I definitely had a problem of dirt build up causing high resistance and put it down to the contact between top washer and copper door mostly... maybe a little in the threads. I dont see a machine nut like @AJS causing a problem. Infact the oposite as it would be increasing the surface area in contact with the post thread and if the door has good contact to nut and thum screw (which it appears to have) then it should actually be better than stock.
I'm starting to think maybe the added resistance of stainless washers between copper and brass combined with dirt...
One of my washers is quite rough on one side which was actually cutting into the copper and was causing a bad contact...
Removing the washers would definitely remove some resistance.
I also recently noticed a small flat spot on my copper door where it contacts the battery... I think caused by my over engineered pic mod.
I had a small dent drilled into the pic to accommodate the bump on the door (to avoid slippage) which I think caused the flat spot.
The flat spot appeared to reduce contact area significantly and I was getting hot copper which cleaning wouldn't fix this time...

I pulled the spring up a bit to change the angle and now the flat spot actually sits nice and flat on the battery and I think has increase contact area from stock... I now dont get hot door again. Also turned the pic around hoping to avoid the same happening again.

I will report back if I get any signs of degradation in power/hot copper again but it has definitely lasted longer than it was before.

Not saying that this will be the same with every unit but there are alot of potential bad contacts in that area (every part is a contact... every contact is a point if loss even if good and every point of loss has a chance of causing high resistance creating heat and loss of power) and removing washers is a sure fire way to remove possible issues... Though could create others, the brass thum knob for instance with no washer could wear the door and cause problems... Or it could be fine...

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
You really get the best of both worlds with this vaporizer. You get the convenience of a session vape and the versatility of an on demand portable. Whats not to like about that. Plus the feel and taste thats similar to a portable log vape. It's all wrapped up in this tiny package. Get yourself a xmas vaporizer. That spalted unit above is absolutely beautiful.

I will be trying out a new strain that I picked up earlier - some Kandy Kush I've never had before.

namasteIII

Anyone manage to make the wood darker, kinda like the tone of the FW4? I know different wood types but could you get some sandpaper and the Oil thing they rub on the firewood, and put it on the milaana?

namasteIII,

AJS

Calm Consistency
OG x Trainwreck
I currently have two strains, Trainwreck and OG skywalker...

I just tried to make a vid of a good trainwreck sesh, and when I watched it, the lighting was awful and nothing could be seen. oh well...next time.

I vaped way too much for the sake of that video ... :tinfoil: uh oh .. and it begins :freak:

Realized how far down the screen was on my bubbler m2m, probably 3mm, so I pushed it to the brim and :whoa: , lungbusters.

@namasteIII
Anyone manage to make the wood darker, kinda like the tone of the FW4? I know different wood types but could you get some sandpaper and the Oil thing they rub on the firewood, and put it on the milaana?
I believe @Bravesst stained his with boiled coffee or like that, I'm probably way off though...someone did something though! lol

Astedra

I was just reading about broken glass...

I was loading the short stem and then....fumble.

Shit shattered magnificently on the floor sending glass shards in every direction!

I remember when I broke mine, same thing, it started falling and then it was like slow motion like in a movie, and then shattered on the tile floor.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit

@Bravesst did a stain using boiled down coffee and sanding.

I'm currently between trying to stain my Mil myself or just sell my Maple and buy a Walnut when they're available again.

My unfinished firewood4 will be arriving today or tomorrow though so maybe I will look into doing some staining/finishing on both :3

stickstones

Vapor concierge

Congrats on quitting smoking! It sounds like through the years you've been using the Solo and Flowermate. I get where you're coming from with the all-in-one thing being what you like. It's one of the most redeeming qualities of the Flowermates, and you already know you like that functionality compared to the Solo, which travels like the Milaana.

However, it's totally different from there. Once you get a Milaana and find your sweet spot, you run the risk of looking at all other portable devices as child's play. You will also be so in love with the hit that you won't care if you have to carry around a Volkswagen sized bag of shit around to use it. It really is in a whole different class when it comes to vapor, and it's almost laughable to compare it to a conduction device. Just get one...

mucsusn

60 going on 20
Will do! A good excuse to learn how to post pics on FC!

RJn4Chb.jpg

vbgUFiW.jpg

Modnote: Edited to display images
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/how-to-post-pictures.155/
namasteIII, here's my travel kit for the Mi. The case is a Pelican 1050, I have since switched my short stem storage to a great little single battery silicon sleeve that I got on my last battery order from IMR. Three tools are the Epic from eoicvape, the brush is the one that comes with Storz and Bickel vapes, and of course a Doob Tube for ground flower. With a stem, six batts, a full doob tube and tools, I have an airtight all-day kit. A bit of work maybe, but I find the whole ritual quite satisfying.

Last edited:

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
@AJS I thought that pic was cool as fuck too...then everyone I knew (pretty much) told me it looks like a dick...

I still like it but it's been slightly marred in my book :rofl:

@Astedra.. right.. it's a symptom of VAS! time slowed down for me too, I think I also shouted nnnnnoooooooooooooo
(In the deep movie slow motion voice.)

@namasteIII get the OG DaVinci. it's all in one and even has a compartment for herbs built in!!!

But let's get real...you want the best.

The biggest advantage of the stem system for me is the ability to separate it from the unit as I live in a non legal state

The stem would be the paraphernalia while the Milaana is the obscure device that they can't figure out, so it gets shoved back in your pocket.

I also like the unbranded nature of the device.

namasteIII

However, it's totally different from there. Once you get a Milaana and find your sweet spot, you run the risk of looking at all other portable devices as child's play. You will also be so in love with the hit that you won't care if you have to carry around a Volkswagen sized bag of shit around to use it. It really is in a whole different class when it comes to vapor, and it's almost laughable to compare it to a conduction device. Just get one...

Yeah, I keep getting that vibe from this thread. It's like the milaana is a cult, but a cult I really want to join! I think I could design some sort of felt case that could fold over it's self and fit in my pocket, but have some compartments whatever it is I need to carry. Speaking of which, What do you need to carry for a full day of fun out with the milaana? I would guess unit with a battery inside, a stem, and some herb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom