Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hypno vaper

Ok so I got my malfunctioning Milaana back and it's time to report:
So the whole process was painless. Followed the tips I got from the gang here and I was good to go. RBT's communication was great all the way up to the moment they shipped my unit back to me, and they three in an extra shorty stem as a bonus :clap:
Initially I wanted a totally new unit for 2 reasons: 1 anything burnt or charred makes me gag, and 2, my unit malfunctioned out of the box, I never used it. I paid good money for a brand new Milaana and didn't think that I should receive a repaired good as new Milaana....... unless I had used it already. However Ryan emailed me and said the burn was minimal and he was able to sand it out leaving no hint of charring...... :rockon:cool, I can deal with that, I'm not that big of a spoiled beeeyotch :brow:.
Unfortunately I'm still in a jam. My Milaana is way to cool. I tried the 5 second preheat with 5-8 second pull, release button and keep pulling.......nothing. I did the 1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi all the way to 5 then pull while holding button......nothing but taste. It seems like the only way that I can get even a hint of wispy vapor is to hold button for a SLOW 10 count then pull for 5-10 seconds, let button go and keep pulling. Again I barely get visible vapor, but I can feel the effects. I have 6 new LG 3000 brown batteries and I've tried a bunch of different batteries from other vapes and ecigs and I keep getting the same results. I know I have to get my technique down pack but I'm no newbie. I'm just praying that I don't have to send it in again, I will definitely want a totally different unit if I have to send it back again.:cry:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Here's my end table / desk / stash draw all complete. It'll hold everything from my computers to my cannabis, and everything in between. Really important to keep things safe, away, and tidy, this end table does the job with swimmingly. Made from Cherry and Birch, it took me about 2 weeks to get it done. I could probably reproduce these in a few days, now that I got the model down (and even better). So, this is where I've been, working on my furniture, sipping my maple Mi...
VaCn80U.jpg

FnFViYL.jpg

Last edited:

Hypno vaper

TApMGze7Ly.jpg
TApMGze7Ly.jpg
Here's my end table / desk / stash draw all complete. It'll hold everything from my computers to my cannabis, and everything in between. Really important to keep things safe, away, and tidy, this end table does the job with swimmingly. Made from Cherry and Birch, it took me about 2 weeks to get it done. I could probably reproduce these in a few days, now that I got the model down (and even better). So, this is where I've been, working on my furniture, sipping my maple Mi...
VaCn80U.jpg
Sweet!!! ....... any secret compartments????

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Ok so I got my malfunctioning Milaana back and it's time to report:
So the whole process was painless. Followed the tips I got from the gang here and I was good to go. RBT's communication was great all the way up to the moment they shipped my unit back to me, and they three in an extra shorty stem as a bonus :clap:
Initially I wanted a totally new unit for 2 reasons: 1 anything burnt or charred makes me gag, and 2, my unit malfunctioned out of the box, I never used it. I paid good money for a brand new Milaana and didn't think that I should receive a repaired good as new Milaana....... unless I had used it already. However Ryan emailed me and said the burn was minimal and he was able to sand it out leaving no hint of charring...... :rockon:cool, I can deal with that, I'm not that big of a spoiled beeeyotch :brow:.
Unfortunately I'm still in a jam. My Milaana is way to cool. I tried the 5 second preheat with 5-8 second pull, release button and keep pulling.......nothing. I did the 1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi all the way to 5 then pull while holding button......nothing but taste. It seems like the only way that I can get even a hint of wispy vapor is to hold button for a SLOW 10 count then pull for 5-10 seconds, let button go and keep pulling. Again I barely get visible vapor, but I can feel the effects. I have 6 new LG 3000 brown batteries and I've tried a bunch of different batteries from other vapes and ecigs and I keep getting the same results. I know I have to get my technique down pack but I'm no newbie. I'm just praying that I don't have to send it in again, I will definitely want a totally different unit if I have to send it back again.:cry:

Hey man,
sorry to hear it's not working as it should.
Did you check the battery lid connection? The battery spring inside? Is the battery lid "post" screwable? Maybe clean all the parts and assemble afterwards. From what I've experienced, there might be a bad connection somewhere. Never had an issue myself, but there are quite some ppl. reporting that and who were all good after having fixed these things.

Good luck bro! Let's us know, if it works :)

Hypno vaper

Hey man,
sorry to hear it's not working as it should.
Did you check the battery lid connection? The battery spring inside? Is the battery lid "post" screwable? Maybe clean all the parts and assemble afterwards. From what I've experienced, there might be a bad connection somewhere. Never had an issue myself, but there are quite some ppl. reporting that and who were all good after having fixed these things.

Good luck bro! Let's us know, if it works :)
Thank you, trust that I checked everything LoL. What's driving me crazy is the fact that RBT just repaired it, so I know of course that they tested the unit before sending it back to me. I'm wondering if it's supposedto be like this. 10 seconds holding the button before it even gets warm is definitely not "on demand". I have 6 ecigs that look exactly like the Milaana and when you press that button you get action right away. I don't mind 5 seconds but 10 is to much too only get wisps.

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
That's a bit odd indeed...

How hard do you pull? Have you tried 5 seconds preheat and while button depressed taking a slow draw?
Use the a short stem for this. Do you sense heat?

Maybe you could try to contact some Milaana expert near you to throw an eye on it... You might even have a great session together - I'm looking at @Bravesst :D
(I'd do it myself - but as you know I'm across the pond:( )

Hypno vaper

That's a bit odd indeed...

How hard do you pull? Have you tried 5 seconds preheat and while button depressed taking a slow draw?
Use the a short stem for this. Do you sense heat?

Maybe you could try to contact some Milaana expert near you to throw an eye on it... You might even have a great session together - I'm looking at @Bravesst :D
(I'd do it myself - but as you know I'm across the pond:( )
Thanks for all of your help but sadly I'm realizing it's not me, my Milaana is still acting wonky. Just got in from work at 8am, put a fresh battery and got the same results, 10 second warm up, 10 second button hold while inhaling and very wispy vapor. Then all of a sudden it wouldn't heat any more. Checked everything, removed and replaced battery and it would only heat on the first button push then go cold. Next I tried with 3 different brand new batteries and the same thing happened. It would heat up on the first button push then go cold. I'm so disappointed right now. Don't get me wrong I have plenty of vapes to play with but this is "The Vape" that I really want to work right now. The Milaana is everything I dreamed about from an ecig vapers frame of mind. I've held my wooden ecigs many times and wished someone would make something similar for flowers, then BAM.....RBT answered my dreams albeit years later. So sadly I have to send it back.....again, but this time I definitely want a totally different unit.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Thanks for all of your help but sadly I'm realizing it's not me, my Milaana is still acting wonky. Just got in from work at 8am, put a fresh battery and got the same results, 10 second warm up, 10 second button hold while inhaling and very wispy vapor. Then all of a sudden it wouldn't heat any more. Checked everything, removed and replaced battery and it would only heat on the first button push then go cold. Next I tried with 3 different brand new batteries and the same thing happened. It would heat up on the first button push then go cold. I'm so disappointed right now. Don't get me wrong I have plenty of vapes to play with but this is "The Vape" that I really want to work right now. The Milaana is everything I dreamed about from an ecig vapers frame of mind. I've held my wooden ecigs many times and wished someone would make something similar for flowers, then BAM.....RBT answered my dreams albeit years later. So sadly I have to send it back.....again, but this time I definitely want a totally different unit.
Make sure you press the button down all the way. Mine goes in, then IN, I need the second in before it start heating. If not, it seems extremely cool but still gives tiny vapor. Not sure why, just make sure youre pressing the button down hard enough.

The two things that made me think I had a cool unit - My lid door wasn't tight enough (even though it was making contact originally, just not enough I guess) and that I wasn't pressing the button in hard enough.

Sorry you're having issues, such a bummer :/

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

Before you send it back, try pulling up the contact at the bottom of the battery compartment. There have been a few suggestions about how to do this in this thread. In my case, I used the loop at the end of one of the brushes I got with some vape or other. That contact is made of pretty sturdy metal and is well fastened, so you shouldn't worry about overdoing it (unless you're a gorilla or something).

Hypno vaper

Make sure you press the button down all the way. Mine goes in, then IN, I need the second in before it start heating. If not, it seems extremely cool but still gives tiny vapor. Not sure why, just make sure youre pressing the button down hard enough.

The two things that made me think I had a cool unit - My lid door wasn't tight enough (even though it was making contact originally, just not enough I guess) and that I wasn't pressing the button in hard enough.

Sorry you're having issues, such a bummer :/
Thanks for the tips. I just double checked everything and still the same results. I was hoping it may have just been user error but I was wrong.

Hypno vaper,
Reactions: vapen00b

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
I combusted twice in the last 12 hrs. Got that funk for the first time in a loooooooong while. Both on fresh batts. Been thinking my capacity has been getting lower and need some fresh batts as it takes more time on the button than I've been accustomed to... but obv not that much as I got caught slippin twice (once through water which really surprised me, the other was endish of load and bad timing on battery switch)

Other than that I've been pretty much planning the selling off of all my other current vapes (waiting on delivery of black friday vapcap though as a backup/alt)

Hypno vaper

Before you send it back, try pulling up the contact at the bottom of the battery compartment. There have been a few suggestions about how to do this in this thread. In my case, I used the loop at the end of one of the brushes I got with some vape or other. That contact is made of pretty sturdy metal and is well fastened, so you shouldn't worry about overdoing it (unless you're a gorilla or something).
How much of the battery should be sticking out of an open cover? My batteries stick out about a quarter of an inch. If I pull up on the tab the battery would be sticking out maybe half an inch. Wouldn't I have to force the battery down with my thumb every time I close the lid?

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
VaCn80U.jpg

FnFViYL.jpg

How much of the battery should be sticking out of an open cover? My batteries stick out about a quarter of an inch. If I pull up on the tab the battery would be sticking out maybe half an inch. Wouldn't I have to force the battery down with my thumb every time I close the lid?

I'm sure you've considered this, but if the battery sticks TOO FAR out of the unit, and there are too few washers UNDER the copper battery hatch, the hatch may be 'tilting' so much that it's contacting the edge of the battery (covered by the battery wrap) instead of making a solid contact in the centre of the battery via the contact 'nipple' on the underside of the hatch (I'm describing the + down config' here).
If this was happening, I'd suggest adding some more/thicker washers UNDER the hatch to allow it to adopt a flatter position and avoid resting on the edge of the battery.

:shrug:good luck man, hope you can sort it without resorting to another return.

Hypno vaper

Thank you, I was not aware of this. Unfortunately it didn't help. I appreciate all of the tips from everyone, I just wished one of them would help because I don't want to send it back. To be honest with you I'm tired of tinkering with it. I just want to throw a battery in it and get the same kick ass results as everyone else, I shouldn't have to McGyver the thing.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Thank you, I was not aware of this. Unfortunately it didn't help. I appreciate all of the tips from everyone, I just wished one of them would help because I don't want to send it back. To be honest with you I'm tired of tinkering with it. I just want to throw a battery in it and get the same kick ass results as everyone else, I shouldn't have to McGyver the thing.
I'm seriously so sorry man, I know how frustrating this can be. I can't imagine a double break after specifically asking for a new unit. It really does make me sad and my feelings are with you and your Milaana. It'll make that first puff so much sweeter. Please don't let this bitter the taste, I really want you to enjoy it when you have it and not feel bad about the whole situation.

You seem very level headed considering the situation, and we all appreciate you not spiting anyone or anything, or bringing excess negativity. You are a total champion and we're with you the whole way until you get your unit back. Really man I feel for you.

mod note: Edited to split off-topic comments

Last edited by a moderator:

Hypno vaper

Oooomg you kill me hahaha
:rofl:

Wise words ... This may convince me to get a fanny pack. Is early 20s too young...? Or is that the perfect age. Seems perfect.

I'm seriously so sorry man, I know how frustrating this can be. I can't imagine a double break after specifically asking for a new unit. It really does make me sad and my feelings are with you and your Milaana. It'll make that first puff so much sweeter. Please don't let this bitter the taste, I really want you to enjoy it when you have it and not feel bad about the whole situation.

You seem very level headed considering the situation, and we all appreciate you not spiting anyone or anything, or bringing excess negativity. You are a total champion and we're with you the whole way until you get your unit back. Really man I feel for you.
Wow, those are truly kind words and I thank you so much for them. I'm not upset at all just a little disappointed because I really want this vape. Ryan and RBT have been great so far and I have nothing bad to say about them. Hey stuff happens and it should be expected to. He's not a major corporation with some huge factory/assembly line. He's a good guy who created some great products and is doing his best to get them out to us. I know I will only love it more when I finally get a working unit, we will have a special connection. I need the heat though. Full powered bring it on, no toned down unit for me LoL.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Wow, those are truly kind words and I thank you so much for them. I'm not upset at all just a little disappointed because I really want this vape. Ryan and RBT have been great so far and I have nothing bad to say about them. Hey stuff happens and it should be expected to. He's not a major corporation with some huge factory/assembly line. He's a good guy who created some great products and is doing his best to get them out to us. I know I will only love it more when I finally get a working unit, we will have a special connection. I need the heat though. Full powered bring it on, no toned down unit for me LoL.
Aye @Hypno vaper not to heat a dead horse (or unit)...

How do you take these hits? are they spaced out: one attempt every few minutes, or are you trying to session it?

The first hits on my mi (while cold) probably work as you describe...but when it's already heated, it performs much different.

The only other odd thing I would suggest is looking at the brass nipple under the battery door and see if it's scratched to the point it compromises contact.

Also make sure your battery is negative end up to give it as much chance for contact as possible.

Does suck your out of commission, hopefully it's vapor at the end of the mission.

ZC

@XeroRespect

The mi works both directions because there are no electronics in the Mi. As long as electrons are flowing through the heater it'll heat up, but since there's no electronics the direction of the circuit doesn't make a difference. I hope that makes sense I'm no electrician either.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Out of curiosity, how is the Mi able to work no matter the orientation of the battery (Positive vs Negative in the up direction?). Apologize for my lack of electrical prowess..
Don't apologize for your lack of knowledge...my knowledge on the subject is limited to what I learn on these threads.

To answer your question...I don't know.

To speculate an answer I would say because all the battery needs to work is to be fired with both ends being in contact with metal.

More complex electrical devices that take multiple batteries wire them so the batteries run in series?

Edit: @ZC summed it up pretty well

Hypno vaper

Aye @Hypno vaper not to heat a dead horse (or unit)...

How do you take these hits? are they spaced out: one attempt every few minutes, or are you trying to session it?

The first hits on my mi (while cold) probably work as you describe...but when it's already heated, it performs much different.

The only other odd thing I would suggest is looking at the brass nipple under the battery door and see if it's scratched to the point it compromises contact.

Also make sure your battery is negative end up to give it as much chance for contact as possible.

Does suck your out of commission, hopefully it's vapor at the end of the mission.
@WakeAndVape, I tried every combination imaginable. However I want the Milaana so I can get bent as fast as possible just like the bricks. I'm not getting medicated, I'm getting F*ing high LoL (no disrespect to patients). I could use the Air or a multitude of other vapes for those slow sipping sessions (say that 5 times real fast). The Milaana is made to be a power horse and I want to give her a run for her money. Anyway she was packed up and shipped off this morning as soon as I left work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom