Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

b0

Cloudy...
Me too. Sent mine for glass repair 2 weeks ago. Sent 2 emails and 2 PMs to customer service, used the website warranty contact form. No reply, no Milaana, no tracking no. WTF?!?

Don't worry, this means that they're busy. I'm sure they will get in contact ASAP.

I feel relieved knowing that it isn't just me.

b0,

AJS

Calm Consistency
So I get woken early by the postman today, hardly slept anyway as the package I've been waiting for was arriving today.
LOL you sound just like me. Do you think I slept at all the day before my GH got here? Hell no. I literally got out of bed and drove around looking for the Mail Man to follow. Don't believe me? I have pics of me stalking him on the GH page hahahaha.

The night before Milaana? Uhhh. Was insane .. I had to spend the day with my dad, knowing my Milaana was waiting for me at home. My friend drove an hour to unbox his as well as mine, together. May 5th, 2 days after my birthday. Can you believe that? Ordered in February ... Imagine my excitement! Everyone out celebrating cinco de mayo and I'm having the best birthday of my life with my friend and our long waited Milaanas.

Ahhhhh. Fun times. Fun times. Glad you're liking it so much. Even after 6 months (it will be 6 months in 2 days), the testing hasn't stopped for me.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I AM @lwien !!!!

Just got @DDave 's mod in for this thing and once again I am amazed at how small the dinky baskets are. I couldn't wait so I loaded up the micro-stem and got three hits from it. Weighed it and it came in at 0.017 grams! And I'm feeling lifted!

rbt's vapes are already very efficient, and Ddave's mods tweak it all out of every vape they touch, so these two are an amazing combo. Instant, portable, surprisingly-cloudy-for-their-size hits from less than 0.02 grams? Who doesn't want that?

Last edited:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
I AM @lwien !!!!

Just got @DDave 's mod in for this thing and once again I am amazed at how small the dinky baskets are. I couldn't wait so I loaded up the micro-stem and got three hits from it. Weighed it and it came in at 0.017 grams! And I'm feeling lifted!

rbt's vapes are already very efficient, and Ddave's mods tweak it all out of every vape they touch, so these two are an amazing combo. Instant, portable, surprisingly-cloudy-for-their-size hits from less than 0.02 grams? Who doesn't want that?
@stickstones Thanks for the feedback (and the laugh!) :rockon:

With the Mil Mod Kit, I tried to bring performance for the below types of vaping sessions:
* The micro-doser (14mm Stem, basket screens, 14/18 adapter)
* The mega-doser (18mm stem, basket screens)
* (Average doser, if that such a thing, can use stock pieces or 1/2-3/4 load in the 18mm stem)
* The at home desktop replacement user. (Full blown stem with Cooler).
* The on the go user (either 14mm or 18mm Stem only. Carry case in kit holds stem and battery).

Note on why the cooling wand is set up with silicone:
Flexible Wand with silicone sleeve in the middle. While I could have gone with a single piece of glass for this configuration, that would have proven dangerous to the Milaana itself. In that configuration, Leverage is the enemy. If I had made that wand solid, like others have mentioned using a M/M instead of the double stem with silicone sleeve in the middle, then there would be leverage force from the tip of the cooler down to the pivot point, where wand would enter the oven. A small amount of force on the tip of the cooler would translate, due to length of wand and pivot point at oven opening, would put a tremendous amount of force against a side of the Mil oven. That risk was too great, so the pivot point was divided into two spots. The oven/stem pivot point cannot be made to give/flex, as this would allow possible air leaks or would get some material like silicone too close to the oven heat. So the second pivot point is the silicone sleeve which performs two functions. A second point of leverage which does not transmit full force all the way down to the oven plus it flexes further buffering any force that may be placed on the tip of the cooler during use.

Any mod kit I've offered has taken into consideration two very important factors:
* Safety to the user (materials, usage, etc)
* Safety to the vaporizer for which the mod was designed. (that it will not stress or harm the vaporizer)

Why the advice against using Water in the Cooler?
That is two-fold. The first is back to the safety to the vaporizer itself. Personally I don't put water over electricity. The second is flavor. When I tested the Cooler with water, I had an adapter that allowed me to put the cooler portion away from being over the oven. Kind of s-shaped 14mm M/M that I used sideways. That cut out the risk of water over electricity. But an unwanted side effect, it leached a lot of flavor. I missed that, as my Mil can really put out the flavor! So, redesigned the cooling wand to be used dry and that model wand is the one you are using today! Can you use water in the cooler, sure. Do I advocate it, no way! Using it dry, I get as cool a hit as with my EQ using water, but as much as it pains me to say it.... I get more flavor!

The Mil has now become my home desktop replacement. :nod:

AJS

Calm Consistency

Finally other people are understanding lol. I'm sick of being the only person commenting on these mods! hahaha.
By the way, did you weigh your load before or after your sesh? If after...please re-weigh, as the weight is reduced quite a bit after a sesh. If not, that is less than I thought I was using. Amazing. I was thinking .02-.025 maybe. I've never owned a scale though, hahaha, but I've weighed out Nano bowls with a friend's.

It's really not even fair..., .1 grams is about 1 dollar, and you can get stoned off .02 using this setup. 20 cents to get feelin' fine. Is that not amazing? I remember spending $5 back in the combustion days to get stoned. Man, sad memories to be honest.

Aaaaaanyways, (I always do this), I originally showed up here today to show you guys a new setup. I drove down to a headshop to get a 14mm m2m to slide into @DDave 's reducer (they didn't have one, had to go to another -.-) so then I could slide his "cooling wand" dry bubbler thing straight to the Milaana without the use of multiple stems. The stems add length and make for a super cold dry setup while holding flavor, and also help with the pivoting of the setup to avoid strain (just noticed he mentioned this above me), but I wanted to try a super short water setup. Soo..!

I filled that badboy up with water, tested it every which way to ensure it had no leaks, and got to vaping! I've been advised against this from DDave multiple times, but...who would I be, to not have the urge to....go against the grain? :freak:Don't worry....I won't do it often. It had to be tested though, and dare I say....It was a TON of fun. It did lose flavor though. I'll try this same setup but dry, 14mm-dry wand. That should be great too.

I told you not to click it :bang: Now you have to see what you made me do...
0mSvJ9s.jpg

ycAI734.jpg

Edit
* The at home desktop replacement user. (Full blown stem with Cooler).
I agree with this completely. This setup can replace nearly any desktop vape. It really is absurd.

Cl4ud3

@AJS Loved the sniff and thumbs up :rofl:

As this is such a big thread I've had trouble going through it all as thoroughly as I would like, I did read far far back not to use ELB caps etc, is this actually wrong now then ? I know those are @DDave mods and not ELB's but I'm just looking for some clarification.

AJS

Calm Consistency

As this is such a big thread I've had trouble going through it all as thoroughly as I would like, I did read far far back not to use ELB caps etc, is this actually wrong now then ? I know those are @DDave mods and not ELB's but I'm just looking for some clarification.

Haha! Thanks man. I think I do that in almost every video I do, hahaha.

So, on the stock stems, a rimmed basket (i assume that's what you're talking about) may make contact with the bottom screen of the Milaana. Could put pressure on it, no bueno.

I think @DDave has his trimmed down a tad bit more or something, and it clears with enough room to be safe.
When using his 14mm, it doesn't matter anyway, because when you insert the 18mm-14mm female reducer for your 14mm stem, the 14mm stem you insert into that reducer will sit way above the screen because of the reducer....if that makes sense.

Also I believe PlanetVape sells trimmed down stems to use with their rimmed baskets as well. "Flavor Savers" iirc.

So, to sum it up.
Stock stems are not meant to be used with rimmed baskets because of clearance issues.
People made stems specifically shorter to accommodate for rimmed screen.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Finally other people are understanding lol. I'm sick of being the only person commenting on these mods! hahaha.
By the way, did you weigh your load before or after your sesh? If after...please re-weigh, as the weight is reduced quite a bit after a sesh. If not, that is less than I thought I was using. Amazing. I was thinking .02-.025 maybe. I've never owned a scale though, hahaha, but I've weighed out Nano bowls with a friend's.

It's really not even fair..., .1 grams is about 1 dollar, and you can get stoned off .02 using this setup. 20 cents to get feelin' fine. Is that not amazing? I remember spending $5 back in the combustion days to get stoned. Man, sad memories to be honest.

Aaaaaanyways, (I always do this), I originally showed up here today to show you guys a new setup. I drove down to a headshop to get a 14mm m2m to slide into @DDave 's reducer (they didn't have one, had to go to another -.-) so then I could slide his "cooling wand" dry bubbler thing straight to the Milaana without the use of multiple stems. The stems add length and make for a super cold dry setup while holding flavor, and also help with the pivoting of the setup to avoid strain (just noticed he mentioned this above me), but I wanted to try a super short water setup. Soo..!

I filled that badboy up with water, tested it every which way to ensure it had no leaks, and got to vaping! I've been advised against this from DDave multiple times, but...who would I be, to not have the urge to....go against the grain? :freak:Don't worry....I won't do it often. It had to be tested though, and dare I say....It was a TON of fun. It did lose flavor though. I'll try this same setup but dry, 14mm-dry wand. That should be great too.

I told you not to click it :bang: Now you have to see what you made me do...
0mSvJ9s.jpg

ycAI734.jpg

Edit

I agree with this completely. This setup can replace nearly any desktop vape. It really is absurd.

@AJS

As always, your videos are awesome! Still tough to see yo through all those clouds!! But that's a good thing!

Enjoy and thanks for sharing your session experiences!

Oh, and I clicked on you warning!!!! MY EYES! They burn! Aaahhhhh!!!!!! Water!!!! ;)

@Cl4ud3
You beat me to commenting on the signature AJS Sniff of Approval! Love it!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Re water, though it's still not recommended and potentially risky etc. The RBT vapes are actually some of the most resilient I've ever seen, since they don't have any electronics by the bowls (Milaana doesn't have any at all ofcourse, it can take a dip in a lake and make it out fine!) I've had water drip incidents into both ovens (with hydrotubes, even drool) and everything was perfectly fine, the heater dries the moisture pretty quickly and your back to it. It's actually a great vape for hydrotube use, smooth even extraction. But I agree with you @DDave about the flavor! Why I use em all dry 95% of the time

GetLeft

Well back and forth and back and forth I've been going but @AJS ' video won the day. And the @DDave mod looks like icing on the cake 'cause who doesn't like mega-efficiency and a little bit of coolness? Forth I go! Guess it's PlanetVape if I don't want to wait... Take it back not at PV either. I'll read a little and see what's happening. :tup:

Cl4ud3

Well back and forth and back and forth I've been going but @AJS ' video won the day. And the @DDave mod looks like icing on the cake 'cause who doesn't like mega-efficiency and a little bit of coolness? Forth I go! Guess it's PlanetVape if I don't want to wait... Take it back not at PV either. I'll read a little and see what's happening. :tup:
Give 420edc a try or poke him here, I think he had a couple left but might be wrong.

Bdubbdiblets

I too gave in...

There are 2 left at vaped.com, the guy was super helpful also...

:rockon:

Edit: also just fyi it says they are available at vaporseller for 183...they are out of stock but don't update the inventory i guess. They still charge you and then email like 3 days later saying unfortunately...blah blah. I learned the hard way...:disgust:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Done.
@DDave I saw on your ebay link the note saying that we should wait to have the unit before buying the mod. That's still the case?

Thanks to you all for the friendly help!
@GetLeft

Congrats on your Mil!

Honestly, I would... Only so you can verify the oven screen depth. If I recall correctly, I've only run into 3 Mils that my mods wouldn't work in, and have provided many kits... so your odds of receiving one that would have troubles is very small.

Glad to help! :rockon:

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
Just got my new Mi. Woah! Way smoother than my other unit. My 1st unit seems to be running cooler since the burnout, which is cool for me... but maybe it's just battery life going down. Kinda bummed it didn't come with a shorty stem. But 3 more batteries :/

Yea, after a few hits it seems like my old one is running cooler now.

Happy 4:20 :p

Office_Printer

I too gave in...

There are 2 left at vaped.com, the guy was super helpful also...

:rockon:

Edit: also just fyi it says they are available at vaporseller for 183...they are out of stock but don't update the inventory i guess. They still charge you and then email like 3 days later saying unfortunately...blah blah. I learned the hard way...:disgust:
I had the same experience with vaporseller. I ended up ordering from vaped.com and it is supposed to be here tomorrow. I hope the weekend mail carrier is not as lazy as usual and actually tries to deliver it.

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
I had the same experience with vaporseller. I ended up ordering from vaped.com and it is supposed to be here tomorrow. I hope the weekend mail carrier is not as lazy as usual and actually tries to deliver it.

Weird. I just ordered from VaporSeller last Friday and got mine today :s

Though, I'm pretty sure their website isn't very secure as I got a big fraud charge on that same card a day or two later.

beiberhole69,

Bdubbdiblets

Two Californians on the same day with their first Mi's.....cheers my fellow FC'er! I've got some GSC 28% according to SCLabs waiting for it..:rockon:

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
I had the same thing happen. A week after I ordered someone used my card at a gas station near Chicago (I am in California).

I think I might report them to the BBB. I wish I knew some other recourse, but I don't. From what I hear, the BBB is pretty much just a big scam anyway.

Maybe we can get a thread here warning about them? They are shady in more than 1 way. Got a Mi with the lifetime warranty. Almost wonder if that paperwork is legit.

(I'm in Cali also, they tried to charge 1200 or do to some winery, not sure where)

b0

Cloudy...
Mi Laana is on her second trip back to her homeland to fix her cracked glass hole! :)

I hope she is back soon all well and vaping hot! :D

I have asked for a hotter tune up if possible, I hope it is, I would love to drive her to the limit. :brow:

To wich email are you keeping contact with him? Ryan hasn't answered me in 10days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom