• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
It's pretty hard not to be more impressed with the Milaana unless you're a tech nerd if you're weighing just performance, imo

I'm quite fond of the aesthetics as well (though I would never understand why someone would want their vape to be controlled by a phone app anyway, WTF), the curved end fits into that thumb/pointer finger crevasse oh so perfectly. And there's something gratifying about the overall size. Like it incorporates the same ratios that are all warm and fuzzy that cigarette packs do to make you subconsciously like them more. And there's a button too, for the tech nerds :p

Mr.Sifter

..... And pay a shitload for customs and shipping.

.... And having to deal with overseas support in case of warrant claim

Na

Mr.Sifter,

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker

Na
The shipping on warranty claim is "In kind", so RBT would pay the same portion on return shipping as would be paid if he were shipping it back to someone in the US. Return shipping might not be half bad for a device itself (no battery or extras) insured and shipped First Class minus what RBT would pay.

Shipping one of these out of the US overseas would be $40-$50 likely for USPS Priority Mail Insured.

Anyone underdeclaring goods to help a customer avoid customs charges is walking on thin ice. Customs violations aren't cheap by any sense of the savings involved (in the thousands of $), not to mention being flagged on future international exchanges and increased scrutiny during travel.

Folks living abroad pay tax on everything bought on the standard economy as VAT is automatically calculated into the price of the product on the shelf. On the same note, you can't insure a product for $200 and declare the value at $20 either with automated shipping online, so this is asking someone to break the law and to risk losing $200+ in goods.

EDIT: I get asked to underdeclare all the time, so I'm just stating my stance here in general. Not directed specifically @Mr.Sifter

Last edited:

rozroz

Consider yourselves lucky you don't live in Israel then.
Customs here will also confiscade all vaporizers as drug related.
They don't care for any Aromatherapy reasons.
Unless you have Cancer, god forbid, there's a small chance you'll see that 200$ Milaana in your hands.

herbivore21

Consider yourselves lucky you don't live in Israel then.
Customs here will also confiscade all vaporizers as drug related.
They don't care for any Aromatherapy reasons.
Unless you have Cancer, god forbid, there's a small chance you'll see that 200$ Milaana in your hands.
Ugh man that is such unfortunate news. I'm sorry to hear that they are doing this: Who would have thought too? Israeli scientists have been world leaders in international medical cannabis research! They even use vaporizers in research and IIRC in one/some Israeli hospital/s. What a silly policy to then prevent people owning these products when they clearly also have non-cannabis aromatherapy uses as you say too. I hope they change things soon my friend - that must be tough for when you want to consume cannabis! Do you vaporize cannabis or are you left only able to smoke for this reason?

Cl4ud3

Not so random if declared properly. Where you bought yours?
I got mine from @stickstones. No matter what you buy from outside the EU, you can be taxed on it if customs open it. Correct paperwork only stops people getting into trouble. Even gifts from other countries can be taxed if over one of two thresholds (something like £15 and £135).

rozroz

Ugh man that is such unfortunate news. I'm sorry to hear that they are doing this: Who would have thought too? Israeli scientists have been world leaders in international medical cannabis research! They even use vaporizers in research and IIRC in one/some Israeli hospital/s. What a silly policy to then prevent people owning these products when they clearly also have non-cannabis aromatherapy uses as you say too. I hope they change things soon my friend - that must be tough for when you want to consume cannabis! Do you vaporize cannabis or are you left only able to smoke for this reason?

Luckily i ordered an Imag Plus a year ago, and didnt know about this so just got lucky i guess. Also, a discrete package and cheapest shipment help to go unnoticed.
Thats why i cancelled a GH order and instead took a chance on an Xmax v2,
Which is sent as discrete as possible.
The saddest fact is that there are aromatherapy shops that have a licence to sell vaporizers, sell an Imag Plus at atrocious prices, so i wont waste my money on them by principle.

natural farmer

Na

Support can be a bitch depending where you ship from. In Greece so far, regular mail, tracked to the US is about 12€ so not too expensive...
It depends on the seller if they are willing to under-declare. I am not talking big differences here and it depends on your country. For Greece, most packets declared over 100€ are gone through customs. Now if a vape costs 150€ or 200€ I don't think the seller is walking a thin line if he declares it at 95€. They can add a brave supposed discount in the invoice inside the box if a check is done.

Shipping one of these out of the US overseas would be $40-$50 likely for USPS Priority Mail Insured.

Anyone underdeclaring goods to help a customer avoid customs charges is walking on thin ice. Customs violations aren't cheap by any sense of the savings involved (in the thousands of $), not to mention being flagged on future international exchanges and increased scrutiny during travel.

Folks living abroad pay tax on everything bought on the standard economy as VAT is automatically calculated into the price of the product on the shelf. On the same note, you can't insure a product for $200 and declare the value at $20 either with automated shipping online, so this is asking someone to break the law and to risk losing $200+ in goods.

EDIT: I get asked to underdeclare all the time, so I'm just stating my stance here in general. Not directed specifically @Mr.Sifter

I understand where you coming from man but there are solutions if you are willing and they are legal as well. Many well known vendors do it. Milaana selling vendors included. The package can be declared as a return from service or a replacement under warranty. If the product is not in plastic wraps like most Chinese vapes and its an organic Milaana in its hemp bag the customs have no way to tell if it's new or used so if you avoid the printed invoice you can sent it with any declared price. That's how my Milaana came and that's how it was sent back from servicing. No thin lines here. And especially for glass accessories where no-one can tell if it's new or used or a replacement, I thing you should walk the extra mile for your customers ad-hoc... If you want worldwide customers that is. :2c:

I ship internationally via USPS using Small Flat Rate boxes. The Mil and accessories would easily fit inside with room to spare. Shipping to almost anywhere overseas is just under $34 US.

That's some expensive shipping man! Same service from Greece to US is about 12€!!! :whoa: I mean your adapters would be double priced for me! :whoa:

Cl4ud3

So I get woken early by the postman today, hardly slept anyway as the package I've been waiting for was arriving today.
SHE'S HERE!!! First impressions, OMFG I'm in love :love:. So well balanced, superb craftsmanship, elegant and simple, that grain :drool:. Whipped up the guitar pick mod and stuck in the ready charged battery I had waiting.

Realised even after reading the thread and watching videos I still felt lost when I saw the short stem and the screen so far up. Decided to give it a whirl as it was, ground up some nug and sucked into the stem. WOW, this thing works like a charm from the first pull, not one issue, it just works. So far its everything I wanted and more. I can see a long day "testing" ahead of me.

Big shoutout to @stickstones for hooking me up and to @RastaBuddhaTao for making such a great little powerhouse. :rockon:

b0

Cloudy...
Anyone had problems contacting Ryan lately? Usually he always answers pretty fast but I sent and email a week ago and another one 2 days ago and still no answer.

I guess they're busy, but I'm missing my baby so much. . .

This is in my top 3 vapes: EVO , Milaana and Omnivape the perfect trifecta !

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
I ship internationally via USPS using Small Flat Rate boxes. The Mil and accessories would easily fit inside with room to spare. Shipping to almost anywhere overseas is just under $34 US.

The new Milaana packaging won't fit into a small flat rate box. It can fit into a flat rate padded envelope which ships for the same price which for example can ship to Germany insured for about $39 via USPS Priority Mail International.

I understand where you coming from man but there are solutions if you are willing and they are legal as well. Many well known vendors do it. Milaana selling vendors included. The package can be declared as a return from service or a replacement under warranty. If the product is not in plastic wraps like most Chinese vapes and its an organic Milaana in its hemp bag the customs have no way to tell if it's new or used so if you avoid the printed invoice you can sent it with any declared price. That's how my Milaana came and that's how it was sent back from servicing. No thin lines here. And especially for glass accessories where no-one can tell if it's new or used or a replacement, I thing you should walk the extra mile for your customers ad-hoc... If you want worldwide customers that is. :2c:

I get your point. What happens if the under-declared Milaana gets lost? What if it takes two months to show up and when it arrives it is in pieces because it was mishandled? What happens when the overseas customer does a chargeback over any of this? They get their money back.

I'm out a Milaana & shipping along with the price charged back. I ship for full value of the product insured. That is going the extra mile for the customer as in the end, I can provide a replacement shipment should anything happen in terms of loss or damage. Under-declaration would mean that I would only get back that value and be at a loss to save someone a few €.

Just because a vendor is well known doesn't mean they know the law. The issue is that beyond exporting, I also import from overseas. I'll happily ship worldwide. I'm not going to shoot myself in the foot to save a customer few € on tax they should be paying for the goods.

natural farmer

The new Milaana packaging won't fit into a small flat rate box. It can fit into a flat rate padded envelope which ships for the same price which for example can ship to Germany insured for about $39 via USPS Priority Mail International.

I get your point. What happens if the under-declared Milaana gets lost? What if it takes two months to show up and when it arrives it is in pieces because it was mishandled? What happens when the overseas customer does a chargeback over any of this? They get their money back.

I'm out a Milaana & shipping along with the price charged back. I ship for full value of the product insured. That is going the extra mile for the customer as in the end, I can provide a replacement shipment should anything happen in terms of loss or damage. Under-declaration would mean that I would only get back that value and be at a loss to save someone a few €.

Just because a vendor is well known doesn't mean they know the law. The issue is that beyond exporting, I also import from overseas. I'll happily ship worldwide. I'm not going to shoot myself in the foot to save a customer few € on tax they should be paying for the goods.

I agree with your way of thinking but if I am willing to take this risk as a customer and you trust me that I won't ask for a refund it case it gets lost? I mean if I am part of such a community for years I wouldn't want anything like that to spoil my rep. I want people to trust me in a community.
Actually so far I have ordered so many stuff from abroad and I never had an issue of losing a package. And most of them were not insured.

Anyway if I would like to go for a glass stem or two from you personally, I guess there shouldn't be a need for under-declaration as the cost is too small for them to go through customs, no? And insurance is good if you ship glass of course! :p

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
I agree with your way of thinking but if I am willing to take this risk as a customer and you trust me that I won't ask for a refund it case it gets lost? I mean if I am part of such a community for years I wouldn't want anything like that to spoil my rep. I want people to trust me in a community.
Actually so far I have ordered so many stuff from abroad and I never had an issue of losing a package. And most of them were not insured.

Anyway if I would like to go for a glass stem or two from you personally, I guess there shouldn't be a need for under-declaration as the cost is too small for them to go through customs, no? And insurance is good if you ship glass of course! :p
Thanks for the understanding. The whole insurance and under-declare is nothing against you or anyone on here personally. It's just something I have no problem being transparent about in terms of shipping a Milaana overseas so everyone understands my position. Under-declaring and shipping uninsured are things I won't do.

Shipping glass to you in the EU should not be too expensive if you keep the weight under 1 pound as I can ship USPS First Class and even insure it for a fraction of the Priority Rate (it does take a little longer). Once you get over 1 pound, it has to go USPS Priority Mail which starts in $34 price range like @DDave mentioned. $50 insurance is included at that price point and more insurance can be added depending on value, that is why my new Milaana shipped would be $40 as it is over a pound and I ship declaring the full value in case of loss or damage.

I had a package take literally 2 months to get to me in the US that I mailed to myself from the EU. It did make it. I've had things I've overnighted to Philadelphia disappear after a missed delivery attempt. Gambling is fun but I'd rather just pay the extra few dollars knowing that if anything happens all parties are covered.

OyVape

Anyone had problems contacting Ryan lately? Usually he always answers pretty fast but I sent and email a week ago and another one 2 days ago and still no answer.

I guess they're busy, but I'm missing my baby so much. . .

This is in my top 3 vapes: EVO , Milaana and Omnivape the perfect trifecta !

Me too. Sent mine for glass repair 2 weeks ago. Sent 2 emails and 2 PMs to customer service, used the website warranty contact form. No reply, no Milaana, no tracking no. WTF?!?

OyVape,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom