Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

natural farmer

To wich email are you keeping contact with him? Ryan hasn't answered me in 10days

Last time we talked over: rbtvape.service@gmail.com

Yeah, he was silent at me as well when I sent him a mail to describe what happened again to mi Laana before a few days... :shrug:

So I just sent the unit to the warranty address I used last time and still appears in the site and filled the online form.
(http://www.rastabuddhatao.net/warranty)

RastaBuddhaTao
PO Box 791
Fonda, NY 12068

I hope it hasn't changed... Again... :ko:

So... I guess he is very busy with the new exotic Milaanas? Maybe Zion as well?

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
Snappo has posted some more amazing wood over on his thread.
Afzelia:
Qt42HRo.jpg

Golden Amboyna is one of my favourites.
I got these two blanks from Snappo, and I still bear hope that they might one day be Milaanas:
3ANQWzP.jpg

And:
8v1K541.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Bdubbdiblets

It's here. It's beautiful.

I begin to drool as I watch the incesent blinking of the nitecore not filling my batt fast enough...:drool:

Had no idea how long 18650's take to charge..:uhoh:

Patience is a virtue. At least that's what Mama always said..

Last edited:

Bdubbdiblets

As I wait for the batts to charge..

Anyone have some best practices for big hits?:shrug:

Edit:

First bowl...very tasty but a bit wispy. Think I prob held off for fear of combustion...

Second bowl...changed to shorty stem and pushed it a bit further. Big tasty clouds. I could see were I was toeing the line tho..

Third bowl...I got a bit cockey. Was on the verge of combustion but yanked the stem just in time...was a bit charred tho. Mi's strong fo sho.

Clearly there is a sweet spot to find here and it's prob diff for everyone..part of the fun is getting there. Like making babies :o

Still open to suggestions of course..:rockon:

Last edited by a moderator:

Cl4ud3

First bowl...very tasty but a bit wispy. Think I prob held off for fear of combustion...

Second bowl...changed to shorty stem and pushed it a bit further. Big tasty clouds. I could see were I was toeing the line tho..

Third bowl...I got a bit cockey. Was on the verge of combustion but yanked the stem just in time...was a bit charred tho. Mi's strong fo sho.

Clearly there is a sweet spot to find here and it's prob diff for everyone..part of the fun is getting there. Like making babies :o

I can't give suggestions as mine is 3 days old, but I've had combustion 3 times. First combustion was accidental, the last 2 were just pushing to see how far I could take it. After the promise of "the best taste" from the FF2 this Milaana is so much more to me, I'm finding myself overpowered by the taste, it's almost too much :cry:. This is coming from a recent long time smoker who thought his taste buds were dead maybe :lol:

I'm finding myself charging batteries too often too and trying to play with full power throttle as much as I can and swapping at 75%. Then I get cocky and combust by trying cigar pulls on a near spent load on a 50% battery. So so glad I got my smokebuddy out for all this testing.

Love this device so much. As I said on reddit earlier it's like a roided up MFLB. :rofl:

So far I find it to be the same as my other convection vapes, where I prefer them with a nug and then breaking up after a few pulls.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Man, there's like a 3 page straight conversation of people discussing technique. Wish I remembered where it was though, damn, should have bookmarked that.

Variables to consider: (@Bravesst is the best at listing these)
Draw rate
-I find best results with a slow draw, about 15-20% speed, and when I let off the trigger sometimes I'll pull hard to clear faster and get a lot of vapor as it's cooling off. Some people like to start slow until they feel the heat and increase their draw as the heat increases. Eventually (don't think of that as "in a long time", it can come quick), the heat will outpower your draw, at which point you'll start throttle the trigger and possibly slowing your draw back down. Depends on the unit though too. Faster draw = less throttling, but harsher on the throat. Slower draw = more throttling, but easier on the throat and potentially more control.
-In the end...just avoid going too fast and ride the heat however feels appropriate to you. I'm constantly adjusting everything second by second, I've used this analogy before, I see it as taking a nice curve in a car, your steering wheel is never in one spot and your foot is constantly adjusting speeds.

Grind/Tamp
- As with most convection vapes, a very fine grind would result in too restrictive of a path, and possible charring and a too course of a grind could potentially keep the airpath going through a more open area instead of all the herb (takes the path of least resistance). So find a happy medium. Maybe stay on the coarser side when first learning.
-Many of us don't tamp down, we suck the herb up and optionally, hold the unit upside down as you take ur first hit, as the heat from the hit will tamp the load and hold it into place. Doesn't have to be a real hit, just apply some heat to the herb for the most part, can also do that prior to leaving the house if you want to make sure ur herb stays packed.

Screen Distance/screen style
- A lot of us seem to like basket style (where the herb is inside of the screen instead of ontop of the screen, known as domed style), and pushed just under the very tip of the Male end. Maybe 1-2mm. Too close could result in charring (although recently mines been right at the tip), but again, personal preference and how each unit varies.
-Dome style, where your herb is ontop of the screen, is more of a laid back chill sesh in my experience. You can push the screen down, drop some herb ontop of it, and just chill on it for a while. Reminds me more of a Log that way for some reason, but that's just my own perception of it I think.

Battery life also affects it, this is just something you'll pick up on as you use your unit.

Basically though, as you use your unit, you'll understand how the temperature changes and affects flavor and vapor production. Take a phone light to your stem and watch vapor be formed and take a mental note of exactly what temperature you start to see vapor. Also let off the trigger and see how long vapor continues to form.

Sorry for the long post...have fun enjoying your vape lol.

I ORIGINALLY came here to say...
I've just hit my 6 month anniversary with my Milaana (technically not THIS Milaana, but Milaana nonetheless), and ALSO, I got to vote for Yes on Medical marijuana for my state. Good day for me. In 2014 we were 58% out of 60% for making it, and this year, polls show we're at about 68%-75% people in favor of it. Should be a successful vote, but I won't get cocky.

Happy vaping all!

b0

Cloudy...
Last time we talked over: rbtvape.service@gmail.com

Yeah, he was silent at me as well when I sent him a mail to describe what happened again to mi Laana before a few days... :shrug:

So I just sent the unit to the warranty address I used last time and still appears in the site and filled the online form.
(http://www.rastabuddhatao.net/warranty)

RastaBuddhaTao
PO Box 791
Fonda, NY 12068

I hope it hasn't changed... Again... :ko:

So... I guess he is very busy with the new exotic Milaanas? Maybe Zion as well?

That's the same email I always wrote to and the same conclusion I reached.

Hope to have news from them next week, I really miss my girl!

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Just visited RBT store.... Love what I see, but my VAS is still in check. I was trying to pick up batts and screens, but could not checkout. Is there an issue with the site?

The unregulated aspect of Milaana adds a dynamic most Vapes (except torch) dont have. This really puts you in control with the manipulation of the variables.

Thanks @AJS
Here is my new list...
1. Herb potency
2. Grind and moisture level
3. Tamp level
4. Screen distance and orientation
5. Volume of herb
6. Distance from heater
7. Button depression, release timing, feathering
8. Draw speed, strength, length

9. Mouth, lip seal (reduce 18mm hole)
10. Heat level of Mi
11. Battery level
12. Stem stir, twist
13. Session pace
14. Solo or sharing

Last edited:

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Don't worry @b0, you can chill, bro. I have seen your Mi'stress, and you can relax - safe in the knowledge that she is safe and sound, and all is in hand. And boy, she is looking good :tup:

I believe you will hear something soon, so fret ye not. Best to take the lack of a response as an indicator in itself - it's definitely a positive sign. Much work is in progress.

But I'm pretty sure that the mad prof will surface once again, before too long . . .
Just visited RBT store.... Love what I see, but my VAS is still in check. I was trying to pick up batts and screens, but could not checkout. Is there an issue with the site?
Hey man, where is it going wrong for you? I just added stems & screens to my basket and got to checkout o.k - PayPal loaded & all looked as it should. Are you getting that far?

hLVopQs.jpg

Baaaa!

:peace:

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
I must say I like the taste of the Milaana better then the hopper, but I"m still braking in the hopper.
Don't doubt your intuition.
My Hopper is well seasoned! :2c:

**EDIT**
Full disclosure: I have not yet engaged with a Milaana, but my Zions' (which I believe to be equal in the flavour department due to many similarities in RBT tek) are my undisputed flavour KINGS!!!!

Last edited:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Hmm. Who would have thought it could make me so sad?

Fucking mosquitoes! I was at my desk the other evening and a couple of the little buggers were circling around, probably trying to mate. I thought it was the right time to get rid of them. So I put the Milaana on the desk and I stood up to kill the bloody bastards...then I heard the noise...

It fell on the side from about one meter high on a hard wood floor, with the long stem inside. The stem survived but the female now looks like that spalted maple... Still mostly in one piece but cracked in multiple places.

Thankfully it still works but I"m seriously gutted. :ugh:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
The brown batteries are the shedizzle :tup:

SERIOUSLY;
It's like a whole new milaana.
I will save the yellow ones for zion.

:smug:

If the yellows were already used they won't be properly paired for Zion useage though just FYI

The brown LGs in Zion must be nuts battery life

That really sucks @KeroZen, at least you do still have Zion though? ;)

grokit

well-worn member
If the yellows were already used they won't be properly paired for Zion useage though just FYI
Good to know, I will use the used ones in the 3-cell flashlight I have coming;
I already have a single-cell, so that will do it for the used ones.

But yeah these brown ones, it's not just the life it's like a whole new power curve:science:

I also have two unused pairs of yellows for zion :tup:

Last edited:

b0

Cloudy...
Don't worry @b0, you can chill, bro. I have seen your Mi'stress, and you can relax - safe in the knowledge that she is safe and sound, and all is in hand. And boy, she is looking good :tup:

I believe you will hear something soon, so fret ye not. Best to take the lack of a response as an indicator in itself - it's definitely a positive sign. Much work is in progress.

Thanks for confirming my thoughts, exactly what I needed my friend.

Will wait patiently to know from them :)

Bdubbdiblets

So quick thoughts after a day of (over)medicating :brow: with Mi..

Very personal device once we get our groove..not sure I'll want to use anything else. Admittedly not there yet tho its a tad wild not quite house broken:whip:

Not as much clouddage as the hopper (although still big) but I use less herbage and seem to get more medicated:shrug: also the flavor is a bit better..

Combustion is indeed watching you..it's ugly head is just around the corner waiting for the wrong move and:puke:
But again as soon as we're dialed it should be combustionless..
:clap:

All in all given the control Mi gives I don't see how it wont be in the daily rotation and most likely the el hefe...

Mi fuck combustion:rockon:

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
So, anyone got a good method to CLEAN your mi?

I'm really realizing after acquiring a new unit, that my OG is FILTHY! Particularly on the button side, but pretty much everywhere. I want to sand this one up also, but should prob clean it first.

AJS

Calm Consistency
So, anyone got a good method to CLEAN your mi?

I'm really realizing after acquiring a new unit, that my OG is FILTHY! Particularly on the button side, but pretty much everywhere. I want to sand this one up also, but should prob clean it first.
I give a blow into my unit after every bowl while everything is still hot. I tilt the unit and don't blow directly into it, and a lot of the particulates that chill around the screen just fly right out. You'll eventually get a rim of herb around the bottom, but it's nothing bad. Also I always make sure I heat tamp or light tamp to avoid little bits from falling out if possible...there's always some bits that'll fall outta the bowl tho, so just blow into ur milaana for a bit. (if you don't know this...careful about getting herb in your eye)

I decided to make a video that was strictly me cloud chasing for the sake of "making it hard to see me" as @DDave says. Hope you guys enjoy this with at least a fraction of the enjoyment I had making it. In the end, it wasn't much herb. Probably .15-.2, and I didn't vape it all the way through.

I forgot to vape my micro bubbler thing bowl too...Will get vid of that soon...once these effects wear off a bit haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom