Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZC

Well, I've ordered a backup unit from 420edc. Had a couple questions and got very prompt helpful responses. A+ customer service.

Now I'm considering taking the bottom off my current unit and adding a voltmeter and a safety switch. But that would certainly void the warranty.

I know, I know, if it ain't broke don't fix it, but I just have the urge to tinker!

Been looking at ways to add regulation to the single 18650 but the more I look the more clear it is that it's better to just keep it unregulated. The milaanas design is fantastic and there are very few ways to improve it without changing the form factor, at which point it's time to get a Zion!

mnicsy999

I like butane vapes.
Just made the plunge and got a Milanna and 5 batts with 3 short stems (Two colored), super excited as it ships tomorrow! Hopefully I love it as much as my Sticky Brick Junior. I got an older model with the lifetime warranty, hopefully everything works out okay!

I might ask, who is the guy making the beautiful wooden stems? You know, just for science later on down the road :)

Last edited:
Just made the plunge and got a Milanna and 5 batts with 3 short stems (Two colored), super excited as it ships tomorrow! Hopefully I love it as much as my Sticky Brick Junior. I got an older model with the lifetime warranty, hopefully everything works out okay!

I might ask, who is the guy making the beautiful wooden stems? You know, just for science later on down the road :)
@Alan

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I have over a dozen awesome stems, but I cannot get away from one short black that seats so deeply, functions so perfectly. It produces such sweet vapor, effortlessly, endlessly.

Variables for my perfect session with a deep seated stem
1. Screen traditional, about 1/4 inch from stem tip
2. Med to fine grind (pre dry)
3. Load about .07 to .1 to within 1/16" or less of stem tip
4. Tamp LIGHTLY
5. Hit button, draw slow, feather if necessary
6. Once Mi gets hot, sip or rip for days

Last edited:

Vitolo

Vaporist
The RBT Milaana works great. I received one for my Birthday (just turned 65).
The longer stem broke in transit, so I have been using this with only the shorty.
Great flavorful hits, but I think I will like the long stem for the visual feedback.
I confess to combusting (1st Vape I combusted in in almost 5 years!), but my technique improved immediately.
Great unit.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
The RBT Milaana works great. I received one for my Birthday (just turned 65).
The longer stem broke in transit, so I have been using this with only the shorty.
Great flavorful hits, but I think I will like the long stem for the visual feedback.
I confess to combusting (1st Vape I combusted in in almost 5 years!), but my technique improved immediately.
Great unit.

Nice Vito! And Happy Birthday! :party:

Glad you are enjoying it, slight learning curve even for a pro, but does seem to be right up your alley as I would have guessed.

If you contact about the broken long stem a new one should be shipped out right away, maybe even two for the trouble

AJS

Calm Consistency
Wow the Milaana is turning to more people than I thought. Surprised to see some of the people comin around here!

Still @Bravesst is my favorite conversion though! From the Air, to trying to get a Zion, back to the Air, takes a chance on the Milaana, BOOM. Instantly became one of the most vocal and helpful members on this thread. Love it!

Been bringing the grasshopper with me during the day, couldn't figure out which to bring today ... Brought both! Not sure if the GH will get much use though, I've been consuming too much through it. The Milaana is a small dosers best friend.

Love the option of start and stop on a big bowl with the GH, but I'm more of a Pack-what-you-need kind of guy.

Time to get this tolerance back down!

I really need a 14mm stem wjrh a smaller mouthpiece. The wide open mouthpiece of the Milaana isn't good for harshness, as I've noticed from the small mouthpieces of the Vapman and GH. Even if it's not 14mm, even an 18mm to a smaller tipped mouthpiece would be nice.

Is @DDave the only one working on a 14mm conversion with micro baskets, or are there more floating around?

Shit Snacks

I really need a 14mm stem wjrh a smaller mouthpiece. The wide open mouthpiece of the Milaana isn't good for harshness, as I've noticed from the small mouthpieces of the Vapman and GH. Even if it's not 14mm, even an 18mm to a smaller tipped mouthpiece would be nice.

Is @DDave the only one working on a 14mm conversion with micro baskets, or are there more floating around?

Could just try an 18-14 male to male adapter, there's links in here for a $2 Chinese one on eBay, getting screens in can be tough but it's the right US size for Milaana and would give you that narrower mouthpiece. Though I actually much prefer the wider 18mm opening myself, better airflow and control for me :2c:

b0

Cloudy...
Happy birthday @Vitolo nice to see you around here! I'm sure you gonna love this vape, really nice gift :)

I'm testing the Sony vtc 5 batteries and so far they are my favourites. Until now I loved the hg2 that came with my Milaana and was using two 25r too, but IME the performance is inferior.

I'm thinking about trying the vtc 6 or 30q in the future, but really happy with my 2 Sony vtc5 and 2 LG hg2 so far!

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
Could just try an 18-14 male to male adapter, there's links in here for a $2 Chinese one on eBay, getting screens in can be tough but it's the right US size for Milaana and would give you that narrower mouthpiece. Though I actually much prefer the wider 18mm opening myself, better airflow and control for me :2c:

I got one of these for use with a bubbler, but I use it alone pretty often too. As mentioned, screen placement (and getting it to stay) is tough, but it's a nice alternative.

I think it's been 2 weeks or so since I've combusted. Getting good sessions through water and dry, short and long stems. A little timid sometimes, especially through water, so not always getting the volume I'd like, but hopefully as confidence grows I can get more tight ropey. Happy with the battery life and sessions per (I have 4 but could easily get by with 2 or 3).

Gotta say some of my favorite hits are cleaning the screen. Holy moly.

Vape Dr.

Hello all!:wave:

First off, Have a great birthday Vito!:tup:

I decided to customize one of my milaanas so it stands out. I decided to go all out.
I have not stained it yet, I'm brewing up a custom vinegar stain. Here are some pics of what I did to my Milaana so far.

Hopefully this will motivate others to customize theirs.:tup:
I hope you enjoy!

First I did some aggressive sanding to make the grain pop!

After many many times sanding I got it to look like this.

After sanding I finished it up with some light torching, this really made the grain pop out!
This took a few times to get the desired look I was after.

Hope you all like it! I absolutely love it!:D

b0

Cloudy...

I decided to customize one of my milaanas so it stands out. I decided to go all out.
I have not stained it yet, I'm brewing up a custom vinegar stain. Here are some pics of what I did to my Milaana so far.

I hope you enjoy!

After sanding I finished it up with some light torching, this really made the grain pop out!

Damn that looks amazing! This really makes me start working on mine but I'm not having too much time lately and knowing that I'm gonna be a couple of days without my Milaana is not helping...

Shit Snacks

I hope you enjoy!

Fucking cool, I presume photos can do it justice Doc, its like distressed zebrawood, it actually looks super rough but must be super smooth with all the sanding... Color me jealous... I'll have to send mine to folks for staining and such, not equipped to do anything myself unfortunately... Love it when you post here!

ZC

These kinds of mods just make me really wish the Mi was available in more wood types. Cherry, Walnut, Cedar, and exotics. Imagine if our Milaana's could be as unique as UD's many vapes!

Just an update for those waiting on the guide I keep promising: A couple people have tried it with mixed results so I'm trying another method of adding regulation using an OKR chip thanks to Alan's suggestion. Will update with results when I know more.

In the meantime if anyone wants to attempt the build that worked for me just send me a PM and I'll walk you through it best I can.

HD Springer

@Vape Dr. you have created a stunningly beautiful Milaana vaporizer there. I've been waiting for a totally scorched look and that's fucking sweet.

Happy birthday @Vitolo. If there was ever a person who deserves a Milaana for a birthday present its you. I personally can't wait to see how you get along with the mi over time. The world is s-l-o-w-l-y finding out about the Milaana vape differently way of life. And I absolutely love the mi way.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Received my newest addition to my vaping family today. A big surprise!! Didn't expect my unit until Friday or so. 420 added a couple extras and a extra short cobalt stem. I am charging up the batteries and will be experimenting a little later. 420edc.com has speedy service, thank you @cannabis.pro

Ordered over the weekend and got it today!!

Edit
All I know is I got one with a the lifetime warranty @mnicsy999. Over the weekend they only had 3 left after I bought mine, I think.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom